Start by marking “His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart, #2)

His Darling Bride

(Echoes of the Heart #2)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  189 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Bethany Darling doesn’t kiss men at first sight…until she falls into the arms of a handsome cowboy bartender.

A mysterious stranger, Mike helps scare off Bethany’s obnoxious ex-boyfriend. Mike’s touch feels like coming home. But Bethany’s so not interested. Between stalled-out dreams of becoming a painter, troubles reconnecting with her sprawling foster family, and the happ
Published April 26th 2016 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about His Darling Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Darling Bride

Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anna DeStefano fans, romance
4 Running Away Leads to Home Stars
* * * *

Reading is such an education... every time we open a book, we immerse ourselves in worlds which have all sorts of obstacles to over come. Yes, when reading romance, others who haven't, will look at you as if these books have no real merit...But it is their loss, for when I read all of the different authors with their unique stories to tell...I learn so much.

With this particular book by Anna DeStefano, we are treated to two separate pictures of what famil
Vikki Vaught
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Musings

Oh, my, what a lovely romantic story. This is my favorite one of the series so far. Bethany and Mike are perfect together. So glad I found this book and this fantastic series. Lots of deep emotions in this one.Happy ☺reading 📚!
Kathleen
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
His Darling Bride
I was given an advance copy of this book to review.
I loved reading this next installment of The Echoes of the Heart series. It is filled with a family who puts family first among along others. When you hurt one, you hurt them all and only love can cure the hurts.

This book brings us back to Chandlerville, Georgia and the Dixon’s who family is grown by the foster children they have raised. It’s Bethany Darling, the second youngest “Dixon” child who is come back to the family aft
Wendy Keel
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anna-destefano
First let me say I got this book in exchange for an honest review.
Now let me say this is part of a series, however I have not read the previous titles and did NOT feel lost. I do plan now to go back and read the previous titles. I can't wait to see more from this town and these characters.

HIS DARLING BRIDE is the story of Bethany, Bethie, and Mike. Both Mike and Bethany have their baggage and their struggle with accepting and giving love. The giving is easier than the accepting. I loved watching
Peggy
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Too start this review I have to say I love love love this series. It just gets better and better. Once again a visit to Chandlerville, Georgia is a wonderful experience. This time the story is about Joe and Marsha's adopted daughter Bethany. She meets her future in a handsome cowboy named Mike. He rescues her from the unwanted attention of a former boyfriend. It's love at first site for two people who always run from attachments of any kind. Thing is attachments are what both want the most. As t ...more
Patty Nobles
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anna DeStafano has created an inviting story that takes place in Chandlerville Georgia in her recent novel His Darling Bride. Mike Taylor is a drifter of sorts who finds himself volunteering to help bartend for the neighborhood bar when he is pushed into action to help a damsel in distress when she is accosted by the one man on earth she had been desperately avoiding. Bethany Darling grew up in Chandlerville but had only recently returned because she was trying to outrun her past until it slamme ...more
Winnie Lim
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved Anna DeStefano's books and I absolutely love the Echoes of the Heart series. This series is heartwarming and touching, and the characters are all so loveable and easy to relate to even though they usually have so much baggage and turmoil in their lives. Both Bethany and Mike are broken, each have their own emotional baggage but they are kindred souls. Anna DeStefano does a great job of painting their story and you can really feel their pain. What I love most about this series ...more
Angelle
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mike and Bethany are trying to outrun their past and the chaos their lives have become. When Mike comes to Bethany's rescue these two realize that maybe they have more in common than running.
I love escaping to Chandlerville, it's one of my favorite places to visit! I have read all of the Echoes of the Heart and Seasons of the Heart books and I love them all. You don't have to read them in order but you do get the back stories of the family if you do. This was a great addition to the series and
Marla
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
His Darling Bride takes us back to Chandlerville, Georgia. Bethany Darling is back trying to find her way back into the family. Along comes Mike Taylor to the rescue. Two drifters, lost trying to find their way and alike in so many ways. Bethany paints pictures, Mike takes pictures , together they make beautiful pictures if only they can find their way together. It was great connecting back with Joe, Marsha and the other family members.
Jennifer Allison
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is one that will stay with you. It is a touching story and one that many people can relate to. You will fall in love with Bethany and Mike right away! If you have not read Anna DeStefano this is one you should read.
Ruth
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You will fall in love with this foster family! The complex lives of the characters will have you turning the pages to see what will happen next. An excellent read, I could not put it down.
Alison
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
A cute romance novel that was a quick read. A tear-jerker in parts. I haven't read the first book in the series, so I know I was missing some of the subplot, but it was easy to follow and enjoy.
Book Gannet
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

This enjoyable romance has family firmly at its heart, as it tells a tale of two very similar artistic souls who have made a habit of running, neither of whom are looking for love, yet they can’t quite stay away from each other either. It’s a warm tale, which is driven by emotion, and though at times it skirted the edge of irritation, I still found it a good read.

I have to admit most of my irritation was caused by Bethany. She’s a woman who has been through a lot, arriving in foster ca
Karen
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
His Darling Bride, written by Anna DeStefano, is the second full length novel, and third book, in the Echoes of the Heart series. Anna DeStefano is one of my favorite authors, and once again, she exceeded my expectations with this book. This book can be read as a stand-alone, however, I would highly recommend reading Here in My Heart, and Let Me Love You Again.

Bethany Chandler grew up in Chandlerville, Georgia, and has recently returned to her hometown for her sister's wedding. She is also tryin
Tifferz
Mar 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: jd-read
3 Stars, 2 Flames
A runaway artist trying to find the passion she lost by coming home and a wandering photographer who is just trying to do some good in the world meet in this contemporary romance.
This book is number 2 in the series with a few novellas in between. In a way this can be read as a standalone but to get the most out of the series it should be read together. With that being said I thought it was an okay read but I just wanted to shake the characters with their wise thinking but horri
Carol
Thank you netgalley for the ARC.
This is the second book in her Echoes of the Heart Series and it didn't matter that I hadn't read the first novel.
His Darling Bride is the story of Mike Taylor and Bethany Darling who have both been running away from their own personal demons and now Bethany has returned home to try to reconnect with her family and her art (she was a talented painter but is now struggling to finish any of her artwork). Mike becomes a drifter when life becomes too painful for him
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bethany has been on a journey of find out who she is and where she belongs. Her whole life she has fought to belong some where. When her dad had his heart attack it brought her back home where everyone says she belongs but she still feel like something is missing. As she fights to find the best gift for her parents and find her place in this world and with her family she wondering if its time to put it all behind her and find somewhere else to belong or will she be able to find what she's lookin ...more
Cecelia Kelsey
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My first thought when I finished His Darling Bride by Anna DeStefano was how am I going to convey in a review how this book made me feel. There is joy, struggles to accept and belong and families of the heart. Joe and Marsha Dixon are the family of the heart to all their foster children. This book is a struggle we all go through in life. It is looking for our own place in the world to belong not realizing that we have had it all along.

Mike offers to work in McC's Tavern in Chandlerville, Ga. He
Bette Hansen
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this one so much! It's a great look at how families can shape our lives and the decisions we make. Both the MC in this book have issues with family but for far different reasons.

Bethany has always had a difficult time connecting with her large loving foster family. Although she knows they love her unconditionally and she them, she's always felt different. Luckily she's always had her art to take her away. Now though she seems to be struggling with that. So even though there is a defin
DeeAnn Garner Williams
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
His Darling Bride, part of the Echoes of the Heart Series, is a wonderful, heart-felt story!!! Anna DeStefano writes an emotion-grabbing story that you do not want to put down. The setting is small town Chandlerville, Georgia with the loving family of Marsha and Joe Dixon as the backdrop. The Dixon’s are still fostering children even with Joe’s health condition. But that’s the kind of people Marsha and Joe are. You will love them as well as all of the children they have helped raise. They have r ...more
Kristen
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, e-arc, own, romance
In Anna De Stefano's His Darling Bride, the 3rd installment in the Echoes of the Heart contemporary romance novella series, this novel would warm your heart with another love story of the Dixon family. For Bethany Darling, she was an artist that had gotten lost in her art and needed to find her way to her family. She struggled with her feelings and dealt with a lot of heartache. When she returned home for her sister's wedding and after her father's heart attack, she never knew she was needed whe ...more
Kim
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
HIS DARLING BRIDE was the first work I have read by Anna DeStefano. The cover -- red cowboy boots with a white wedding dress totally won me over to start with. HDB was not only a treat to savor during Spring Break; it was also a compelling and believable read. The more I learned about Bethany Darling, her personality, and her struggles, the louder I cheered for her.

At first, I will admit that I wondered why the author described Darling's artistic techniques in such detail, but the deeper I got
Katrina Berry
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is Book 2 of the Echoes of the Heart Series. His Darling Bride by Anna DeStefano is the story of Mike and Bethany who have spent a good deal of time running from their personal demons all the while trying to find themselves and their way back home. When a chance encounter lands the two of them in a particularly intimate situation, they come to realize just how similar they are to one another. The author has written a wonderful story tha
Jenn
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bethany Darling is trying to figure out life, love, and family. A confrontation with an ex leads to some help from the new bartender, Cowboy Mike. Mike turns out to be so much more than Bethany could ever imagine or hope for.

This is the second book in a series. I have not read the first book, so at times it seemed like I was missing some background information or a part of the story. Even so, I could read this book as a stand alone novel.

**I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an
Amy
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of the Echoes of the Heart series but it can be read as a standalone.

Both Bethany and Mike have baggage in their lives but can the overcome it and be together? This was such a heartwarming story and it will leave you with a smile on your face. This is the first book that I have read by Anna DeStefano but I am going to change that!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley
Charlotte Litton
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this ebook from the author for an honest review.

This story takes you back to Chandlerville Ga. You meet Bethany and Mike in McC's Tavern, she's there with her girlfriends and Mike has just started as a bartender. Enter Bethany's ex, drunk and mouthy, Mike steps in at Bethany's silent request. They have an immediate, intense connection.

You'll love their story and won't be able to put it down.
Connie
Awesome story! First I loved the contrast of Mike and Bethany's families. Mike's biological family makes him feel unloved and unworthy using blackmail to get him to meet their demands. Ironically, Bethany's foster family treats her the way a loving family should, loving her unconditionally. No wonder Mike and Bethany's trust issues seem insurmountable. I received this wonderful book, free, in a Goodread's Giveaway. Thank you. (P. S. the automatic download is so convenient, saves trees too!)
Kathleen Gray
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I hadn't read the first book in the series but that didn't matter- this was an enjoyable quick read that reminds you how sometimes even though families but patched together- they are still strong loving families. Bethany and Mike are terrific characters who are full of life. I'd like to read more from DeStefano, who has a nice way in her writing. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
Tami
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review is based on an ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

This contemporary romance was simply amazing, adorable from the first page. I gave up a lot of sleep for this one. A roller coaster of tumultuous emotions, I laughed, I cried, and most importantly I fell in love with the characters. This book showcased the emotional scarring left from abuse.
Vero Stro
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is Book 2 in the Echoes of the Heart Series, my first book by Anna DeStefano and for sure not the last. This is a wonderful story about two broken souls that come together and their journey to heal. Bethany and Mike are both lovable characters and I couldnt put the book down,wanting to know more and more.

I received a copy by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 31, 2016 08:18AM
  • Something More Than This
  • The Ghost of Africa
  • Everyone Pays
  • Broken Angels
  • Burying the Honeysuckle Girls
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
  • Love Walks In (The Shaughnessy Brothers, #2)
  • The Light Within
  • Cara O'Shea's Return (Small Town New England)
  • Wish Upon a Wedding (Cricket Creek, #10)
  • In Violet's Wake
  • All of Me (Covington Cove, #2)
  • Moondance Beach (Bayberry Island, #3)
  • Pastor Needs a Boo
  • Distorted Loyalty
  • Saying Goodbye: What the World Doesn't Know (Saying Goodbye #1)
  • Nothing Compares to You (Pine Lake #2)
Anna DeStefano brings to life heart-warming, emotion-packed stories about community, family and second chances. Her award-winning, nationally bestselling small town romances spotlight family, friendships and the forgiveness that nurtures her characters’ dreams…as they explore the issues all contemporary families face.

Anna’s imagination is forever inspired by our ability to claim an unlimited and

Echoes of the Heart (2 books)
  • Let Me Love You Again (Echoes of the Heart, #1)