Start by marking “Keep Me Safe (Dark Nights, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Keep Me Safe (Dark Nights, #0.5)

Keep Me Safe

(Dark Nights 0.5)

When Rachel is abducted by a group of thugs, one man steps in. He wants her for himself, and she has no choice but to trust this stranger to keep her safe. When danger strikes again, Rachel's body may endure the pain, but will their tenuous bond survive the abuse?

Keep Me Safe is an erotic story featuring explicit sex and pain, graphic language and situations of
Published June 14th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Keep Me Safe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep Me Safe

Start your review of Keep Me Safe (Dark Nights, #0.5)
Candace
Whoa! This book was bad...really bad. The grammar was terrible. The characters were unappealing. The storyline was unbelievable and just plain horrible.

When I stumbled upon this book, I thought it would be a match made in heaven. I've enjoyed other books by this author, so I figured this one would be right up my alley. Captivity themes and stories filled with dark content are among my favorites. Usually, the more taboo and disturbing the content is, the more I'm going to love it.

Unfortunately,
Shawna
4 stars – Erotic Suspense/Thriller

This is a very dark, gritty, violent, and emotional story that is conveyed in an unapologetically raw, candid voice. Despite numerous editing errors, it’s powerful and compelling in its graphic depiction of disturbing, controversial content. It’s told solely from the heroine’s POV, and experiencing her psychological and physical anguish as she’s repeatedly victimized is gut-wrenching at times.

The heroine and quasi hero develop an intrinsic, dysfunctional
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Jan 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Rachel just seems to keep getting raped.

all the dicks she has to suck....

Nothing sexy about that!

and where the fuck is the hero?
Dina
I loved Ms. Warren's Beauty & the Beast books, so it was a given I would check what other books she had in store for me to read. While browsing her website, I found out her work is a bit more risqué than I had expected and that peaked my curiosity. Dark erotica? Hmmm, should I or shouldn't I?

I was feeling brave and decided to test the waters with this book, knowing in advance that it was completely out of my comfort zone. Who knows? Maybe I would find a hidden gem, maybe I would come to
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Jan 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♆ BookAddict by: Miss Asima
This was not what I exactly expected. Based on a couple of scathing reviews on GR, I thought this was going to be some intense non-con. I'm even questioning the BDSM categorization. This story isn't fluffy, it just wasn't really into the sexual games of BDSM or even the slavery aspects. Yes there was some kinky bondage that should have me going, "bad bad". Instead I was going, "ooh, hot!" If we are going by BDSM standards, I'd say several of these scenes were edgeplay. Since this was more a ...more
Jamie
May 29, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

OK... originally I stopped at DNF because it was getting so dumb but I figured I went that far I might as well see exactly how this train wreck ends. My opinion is still the same.... I like dark erotica and I'm ok reading dubious consent but this was just crazy. Wasn't even a little sexy. Erotica should at least be partially sexy. Nothing sexy at all in this one.... The anti hero was to weak and the girl... she'd need to be in some serious ass therapy after all the f*cked up shit she went
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
3.5 "safe" stars!!!

“I don’t think it will be easy, but I don’t see any other choice. I’m ridiculously, stupidly in love with you.”
- Rachel
Jeanne
Feb 08, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot stress enough that people should read and heed the warnings on this book. This is not for anyone who cannot handle graphic depictions of sexual violence. When I say graphic I mean detailed descriptions of rape and physical assault.

I really respect the author for putting those warnings on this story. That is part of why I took a look at the sample chapter in the first place. Despite the content of the book and my feelings about them, the use of a strong warning is something that I wish
Amber Rose
 photo C72B7CA9-CC72-4E6D-B558-7F2A2FEEAE1D-2189-000003135A2DB707_zps89cc234b.jpg

I swear Skye Warren gets me. I know when I pick up one of her books that says it will be a dark erotica, that is what I am going to get, and I will get it to perfection.

"Still, there was no way to get out of this one. Excuse me, sir, but I'm finding this inconveniently pleasurable, could we perhaps stop now?

BAM!!! Rachel has been abducted by a group of thugs. They are going to rape her and possibly kill her. She has no idea what is going to happen. So within the first couple of pages
Night
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Vivian
It's really more a 2.5 stars than 2.

I don't have a problem with a non-con/dub-con story. In fact the questionable nature at the beginning is fine, as is the gritty and unvarnished rape scenes, but I did have problems with two things: characterization of the FBI agent and miscommunications of the protagonists. Zachary never would have passed his psych testing to be an agent. His responses in post-traumatic situations were woefully ignorant of basic psychology which he would have been trained
Mariℓina
May 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

1,5 Stars
Hate it when books are that bad..
The editing was dreadfull.. There wasn't a second l in: tell, will,kill, hello and so many other words, after the first ten pages i was too frustrated to concentrate on the story..
Thank God, because the story was worse.. I tried pretty hard to like it.. It had some bright moments but they did no good..
Why? This story could have been so much better..
I really thought it was about how these two people will work to fix the bad start they had.. That would be
Carolyn F.
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Victoria

I wasn't familiar with the Dark Erotica series but I saw someone post about the fourth book that is releasing soon and read the blurb which sounded interesting. Since I've read a coupler darker reads lately, I thought I would Keep Me Safe a try. Since it is a shorter novella, it wasn't much of a time committment and that worked for me in case I wasn't a fan.

I'm going to get my thoughts together on this one before I review.
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
Kim BookJunkie

No one could possibly have as much bad luck as poor Rachel does and all within 24 or 36 hours! Fortunately, Zachary is there, and he isn’t as bad as the other men who have abducted her. In fact, there’s something very different about him... What transpires between Rachel and Zachary is unrealistic but it’s also super dark, crazy sexy and insanely entertaining!

***NOTE*** If you have never read anything by Skye Warren before, this is not an example of how incredibly talented she is! She has come
The UHQ Nasanta

I have mixed feelings about this book so this review may not be very articulate. Under the spoiler tag is my spoilerish review.

(view spoiler)
Lady Raven RAVE!
BRIEF SUMMARY
Rachel is abducted by gang members and is being helped by one of them, Zachary. Zachary is an undercover FBI agent who needs to do what he has to in order to protect his cover.

THOUGHTS

This was disturbing and may require you leaving your comfort zone. However, it's no different than what I've seen in the movies, and I've watched worst. For some, romance and erotica takes you away to another fantasy world that you can escape to, but this story is different in the form of dark
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου

You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

I like dark erotica. This book was not dark erotica. I like dubious consent at the beginning only if afterwards there is actual consent. But this book is far from it. I have trouble reviewing this book, because I don’t enjoy writing bad reviews. This story was a very good idea for a dark erotica but badly written.

My main problem was the main character, Rachel. She was taken but a gang and she was going
Mercy Cortez
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned

3.5 stars.

If you liked the tied man or captive in the dark; you will love this short read.

This is very short but mainly because I couldn't stop reading it.

The first chapter steals you, grabs you and pulls you in.

This has mostly sex in it, mostly not consensual. It's impressive that Warren managed to write a book that contains so much sex and violence and yet still gave it a strong and intriguing plot.

This could have had more, a bit of history on Zach for a start, he has a huge thing about
B.E.L.L.A.Mc
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great story, great characters, and great writing. Skye Warren is an excellent author, who really knows her craft, and delivers every time. I have now read several of her books, and will keep going back for more. I love the way she writes her erotic stories; they are lush, deliciously sexy, lyrical and profound. Her characters are always well defined and very real; she easily switches between writing male and female 'voices'; very believable, I think that Zachary is a guy without any ...more
KitReads (a.k.a. nd)
Writing:
Story:
Characters:

Overall rating: 1.6
2 *Yawning* Stars
I just accidently re-read this book. *Face Palm* I picked up Trust in Me and realized that it was second in the series, and found that I already had this one! SCORE!

Right?

Okay.. I read it, came to review it and found that I'd already read it, but never reviewed and/or rated it. But seems I found it pretty boring last year too, cause this year was the same, boring. The plot was all over the place. And it must have been boring
Summer
This isn't my usual type of read and its the darkest I have ever read. In fact I had to stop half way as my stomach was heaving. So please take heed of the warnings because it is a rough and disturbing ride. Its mainly told from Heroine Rachel's POV and begins with her being raped. So right from this first scene on, the story unfolds more gritty and rough images of rape, forced oral, pain and humiliation. Through the story Rachel is abused emotionally and physically by more than one man.

The
Michael Dunellen
Skye Warren calls these Dark Erotica and while I did find it dark, I didn't find it particularly erotic. It is fairly short but I guess because of all that happens it didn't seem unduly so.

Basically Rachel is kidnapped, raped, and then she escapes. And then Rachel is kidnapped... you get the idea. It starts out bad and then kind of only gets worse. There is actually a plot although we never learn a great deal because no one is interested in telling her what is going on except for a bit of
Miss Asima
I'll write a full review later but for now I'm just going to state that i don't feel this is BDSM. It has some hot non-con and i believe one kinky forced bondage scene but thats it. When it comes to fiction I'm pretty lenient on what I consider BDSM but this just didnt feel like it was.
Alie38
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Non-con readers
Recommended to Alie38 by: Group discussion list
Shelves: bdsm, taboo, alie38
I really liked this short book of non- consensual kidnapping/ rape with the sicko twists of love. But, that is the type of taboo that I personally can enjoy in erotica. As a warning KEEP ME SAFE has a lot violent scenes of forced sexual acts and beatings that maybe very disturbing to some readers.
★Emilia★
Apr 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
OTT!!over-the-top! it was just too much. Too much of everything. There's not one thing I can say I liked. Not even the " hero". I'm using the term hero very loosely bc he was no hero! He was more like inspector gadget mixed with shaggy from scooby doo! Oh well, on to the next!!
Have Coffee Need Books
This was one of those books that makes you cringe and wonder wtf you just read. I downloaded this upon recommendation for something similar to the Dark Duet series. I have to say that this is so many times darker and more distressing than the CJ Roberts book.

The hero made me want to cut his dick off. How does a good guy get off on raping the heroine upon meeting her and then saying when he sees her again that he wants to do it again? I would go so far as to say that there is absolutely no real
Jen
Sep 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a hard core read and for sure not for everyone. There is dubious consent in this story and if rape and torture are not your thing, I wouldn't suggest you read it. Did I like the story? I found it ok, for some reason the heroine sometimes made me stop and wonder WTF! She was always so much more worried about Zachary, (the guy who rapes her in the beginning of the book)than for herself at times. I found this to bug me. She did redeem herself in my eyes though when she was able to help a ...more
Sandra
Before you touch this book - heed the warnings from the author. It's much more gritty and raw than anything I've ever read, and it makes no excuses for the explicit and graphic descriptions of the non-consensual situations depicted within.

It's not an easy read, though at less than 100 pages, it sure is a quick one.

I found some of the heroine's actions rather questionable, especially after her escape. Also, the budding love story aspects that permeate the book, between the two MCs, turned me off

• Hostage (Criminals & Captives, #2)
  • Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1)
  • Claim Me (Capture Me, #3)
  • Passion & Venom (Venom, #1)
  • Bind Me (Capture Me, #2)
  • The Lone Wolf (Wolf #3)
  • At His Bidding
  • Unhinged (The Amado Brothers #3)
  • What He Accepts (What He Wants, #26)
  • Mia & Korum (The Krinar Chronicles, #1-3)
  • Capture Me (Capture Me, #1)
  • Venom & Ecstasy (Venom, #2)
  • Snow and the Seven Huntsmen
  • Screaming in the Silence
  • Big Sky
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • Venom & Glory (Venom, #3)
  • Close Remembrance (The Krinar Chronicles, #3)

Dark Nights (3 books)
  • Trust in Me (Dark Nights, #1)
  • Don't Let Go (Dark Nights, #2)