Start by marking “Loving the White Liar” as Want to Read:
Loving the White Liar

Loving the White Liar

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  2,144 Ratings  ·  386 Reviews
I met my true love when I was twenty-seven. He was handsome, charming, witty, and irresistible. Jayden Monroe came along when I was struggling with indecision and made things simple, turned monochrome into vivid color, and forever altered my perspective on life.

I was not naive enough to believe in happily ever after, but with Jayden, it seemed possible . . . until I reali
Published July 19th 2015 by Kate Stewart

To ask other readers questions about Loving the White Liar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving the White Liar

Christy
5 stars!

photo a74c82f2-0f71-4cb2-958f-e220c281e992_zpsnga1yy5i.jpg
This is not my sob story; this is his success story.

Loving the White Liar is not your typical romance. It’s a story of a girl who’s looking for love and a man who never thought he would truly find it.

Hilary is ready to start her life, she’s ready for a change. A new job, a real relationship, and she’s on the right path to get there. She put her two weeks notice in at a dead end job and she’s ready to make a change. She meets a new and handsome neighbor named Jayden. Jayden seems to
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Stewart Loving the white liar Title by SueBee_zpsaj5rljgm.jpg
 photo ltwl cover xB by sb_zpsdjxgsljt.gif
 photo ltwl story xB by sb_zpsvaqotqxi.gif
 photo ltwl stat50 xBQ by sb_zpsql6ob0rd.gif
★★★★! Loving the White Liar (stand-alone). A candid look at loving a man with ADHD!

“You’re my best friend,” he said tearfully, “my lover, my strength, my reason for being, which I never thought was possible. I never thought there was anyone for me.” He was openly crying as I looked down at him.”

Loving the White Liar is Hilary A Monroe, Hil’s story how she came to be and had to cope with being in a relationship with man with ADHD (attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder).

While doing l
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 HAM Stars

”He can be intense, hard to handle, but he’s worth it…”

description

I’m a total sucker for the stories about heroes who fight conditions. Jayden Monroe is a hero that for me is placed right along with the likes of Colton from Puddle Jumping and Clayton Reed from Find You in the Dark. Kate Stewart’s writing was witty, super sexy and heartwarming. She presented the condition of ADHD with realism and our heroine with just the right amounts of snark and lovability.

Hilary meets hottie Jayden Monroe
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author in Exchange for an Honest Review}

LIVE ON AMAZON!!!

"You are it for me. You need to know that. I won't be the perfect man, ever. I won't even come close, but for you I'll fight hard to be. I have all this shit going on in my head twenty-four/seven. It never ends. It's incessant and can turn me into a ticking time bomb, and I won't let you be a casualty."

photo 9f6eff25fdc5dce72ce7ef23896ad2af_zps2ew91hxm.jpg

I beta read this not too long ago and LOVED it!!
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!

description

“You never know how much strength you have until you are forced to push through the impossible. You never know how dirty things can get until you’ve been in the trenches. And you can never imagine how much you can truly love someone until you’ve experienced those hurts together and shared the shovel in digging your way out of the dark.“

I’ve never read anything by this author, so I didn’t know exactly what to expect, but reading the blurb and reading that one of the main characters
S.M. West
5 "SUN" STARS

I'm a big fan of Kate Stewart's and have thoroughly enjoyed any of her books that I've read. I knew going in that this one was different and again a departure from her other works...I truly don't think she has a 'norm' when it comes to writing and it's that complexity and versatility that I love. She blows me away every time.

Loving the White Liar is a poignant and passionate read that left me overflowing with emotions.

This story is about a young woman, Hilary, who realizes she's j
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Shelves: 2015
FULL REVIEW POSTED

Rating: 4.5 'FISHNIPPLE' Stars

description

My Views : Wow! This book really blew me. description I must say that this one really impressed me. Kate Stewart is a new author for me; this one is my first book by her and it’s definitely not the last. She totally nailed it with this one. description I loved the characters, the story, the writing, the humour…yes definitely the humour and the Hot Scenes. I love ‘Disabled Romance’ and this one was very well done…

Style of writing : Absolutely amazing. What I loved the mo
Mo
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 to 4 stars - echoing Sharon's review here.
Wish I could give half a star here.

I enjoyed this one - the second half was better for me.

With the internet, I feel that Hilary should have done more research on ADHD - it's out there with"one click" so the fact that she got very frustrated in the relationship sort of annoyed me.

A well written story but maybe the fact that it had so many 5 star reviews written before I started it blurred my vision a bit and I was expecting more.

Loved the epilogue.

Lo
Brandi
4.5 Stars

description

Loving the White Liar is not a cookie cutter romance. It's not an easy love story, filled with sunshine and rainbows. This is the story of a young woman falling in love with a man with ADHD. It doesn't seem to be much of an issue at first, but as things progress, Hilary comes to realize the extent of Jayden's ADHD. And it's not always pretty. Will their relationship be able to handle the ups and downs?

description

Stories with damaged/flawed/imperfect characters are my weakness. The emotion, the gu
Stacey is Sassy
Loving the white liar, the devious dog and the demanding diva...

Confessions...I read books...a lot of books, and sometimes I have the very bad habit of thinking every medical and mental illness I read about, I've got. After reading Loving the White Liar I think I've got ADHD.

- SOCIAL CUES - I sometimes say the wrong things in public
- HYPER FOCUS - I am addicted to reading too much that life goes on without me
- IMPULSE CONTROL - I have been known to buy things I don't need e.g. shoes and clothes
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
Man the FEELS in this book...

description

I really liked this one. Both characters were awesome. I really felt for both of them, though I will admit a lot of the time it felt like Hilary was the one always having to be the bigger person and forgive Jayden's hurtful words and actions. Of course I understood the ADHD aspect and was sympathetic to that, still, at times it felt like it was a catch-all for every bad action he took.

Overall though this was a really good book and I am glad I had a chance to read it
Amanda
5 'happy tears' stars

"It's a white lie. They are harmless."

I'm glad I trusted my GR friends and read this one because Hilary and Jayden has such an exceptional journey that kept me up all night long.

Loving the White Liar is such a touching and moving read. Although the main focus is on the subject of ADHD and how it affect the relationship between the couple, it also a story that is full of humor, sense of family/friendship and learning the meaning of unconditional love. Is a book that had me le
Dee Montoya
***** 5++++ Beautiful Stars*****
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

(Arc kindly provided by author)

You know that feeling you get, when you start a book and after reading the prologue you can already tell you are going to love the story? I fell deep in love with Loving the White Liar, pretty quickly.

This book is really special, definitely a Top Favorite of the Year for me.

photo 9f692e98-e2cd-4073-8825-8e6d637dd24d_zpshd8qfzqz.jpg

Hilary feels stuck, she has no clue what she wants to do with her life. She put college on hold to take a break after changing majors twice, and
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

5++ All-consuming Stars!

photo 17D16D30-43CE-4164-8140-0971B3D8791D_zpsr8kjx0q8.jpg

When I'd gotten a message from Kate Stewart asking if I'd be interested in reading her newest novel, I did a little research. The blurb promised me a love story with a flawed hero and a heroine that wants to tell her story....not for sympathy, but for a chance to tell her happily ever after under the most trying of circumstances. She promised me angst and with that one word, I dove in immediately. One of the BEST book decisions I've made in a while.

photo 2C36FB91-2367-46DA-887A-0314001542B3_zpsimherhhq.gif

Loving the White Li
Kim Bailey
5 STARS

What a beautiful story! I love when an author challenges you to think. This story will definitely challenge you to re-examine your thoughts on acceptance, understanding and loving.

On the surface this may seem like a simple romance - a nice little story about a girl who falls in love with a boy. who just happens to have ADHD - they learn to live and love together ... BUT the only thing simple about this book is how easy it was to love it ... Just like Jayden's ADHD, there is so much more u
♥Sharon♥
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 Stars

This will be short and sweet.

I just added this one to my TBR just a couple of weeks ago. Reviews had been popping up on my feed and it sounded like something I'd enjoy reading, a story that would tug at my heart.

And it did. Hilary and Jayden's story was sweet, tender and inspiring.

Loving someone can be one of the easiest things you do. But when you fall in love with a man who has a disorder, one that you don't completely understand, that love will be challenged in a way you never
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5+ The Possibilities are Endless Stars

I was offered this book in advance and I jumped on it as the small book blurb alone piqued my interest. Just about 10 pages into the read I was hooked…20 pages in I could not be disturbed. I devoured this in one sitting and I was completely blown away by Kate Stewart.

Loving the White Liar is more than a love story. It truly is a love journey of two amazing people who prove that relationships are not easy…that nothing is impossible…that true love sometimes hu
Jeanne
dnf..60%

It's just like me to not be able to get into a book everyone else loved. So, I decided to dnf so that I can avoid rating it.:)

I have read a lot of self published stuff since I've been on goodreads, so I am used to reading books that aren't perfectly edited. I can read right over typos most of the time, but this book had a lot of awkward sentences ect, that I found to be distracting. Also, my pet peeves ended up getting the best of me. I mean, there are only so many times I can read abo
Judith
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ***

"It was a white lie,"I murmured.
"They are harmless."

JAYDEN

HILARY

Well,if I could give this more stars I would...I just loved this book.This is an amazing story of two people who faced many obstacles but never let go.

Hilary is at a kind of crossroads in her life when she meets her gorgeous new neighbour one day at her Apartments pool.She is captivated by him and the feeling is mutual.They start dating and she does notice that there are things about Jayden that are d
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, 4-star-books
4 Emotional, Crazy, Loving Stars

If I need a good dramatic book, then I hit up one Kate Stewart reads because I know I’m going to get an epic tale. This will be an audio review of Loving the White Liar.

I love audio books. I love dramatic and emotional audio books even more because of all the feels I get. This is my first Kate Stewart audio book and she nailed it with the narrator. I usually go for the feminine voice, but Hilary is strong and feisty and she needed a little gruff. No, the narrator
Beverly
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"This is not my sob story; this is his success story.”

This story is so lovely and unique. I was truly overwhelmed with the ending and the feels. I haven’t read a story like this before, but really loved it!

Jayden isn’t your typical hero. Yes, he is sexy, witty, and handsome, but he is also suffers from a mental illness and despite wanting to be perfect for Hilary he often fails at finding a perfect balance. His imperfections and struggles made him perfect to me. I loved seeing his sacrifices
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
♦ ETA: Kindle freebie only for a short time 6/22/16 ♦

3.5 - 4 ★'s

Hilary's come to a point where she's decided to take charge of her life and make things happen. And of course, why not take on a gorgeous, difficult man to make things even better!

I was expecting a sweet love story that dealt with learning how to live with someone with ADHD. What I wasn't expecting was how exasperating, frustrating and wonderful that would be.

Jayden has ADHD and he's learned to handle that by living a certain w
Sophie
Shelves: favorites
Another book has been added in my favorites!! It was sweet, funny, sexy and emotional!! Everyone should read this ♥♥
Rag
5 "HAMishing" Stars

photo image_zpsjmbfo4zj.jpg

Where do I start?

This was not what I expected. AT ALL. And I love that. I love books that surprise me. Books that prove me wrong. Books that blows my mind away. Books that...you get the pointe. Anyways, can I just say..

Talk about feeling. Everything. When you read this book you can't help but feel because it's so real. Sure we all like our fair share of HEA and riding of to the sunset bullshit, but this, this is what I call a "real" book.

Ladies and gentlemen please rise for
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

I really enjoyed Loving the White Liar, it was unique and very realistic and although quite painful at times, it was a heartwarming story.

Hilary is living with her friend, working as a waitress. She is single and looking for Mr. Right. Realising that her life is going nowhere fast, she quits her job and vows to find her dream job. What she isn't expecting is to find her dream man, right on her doorstep. She has experienced love once before and want's it again, she is not happy
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.5 stars!

“The perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other."

At age twenty seven Hilary met the love of her life by the pool in her apartment building. Hilary and Jayden fell fast and while she knew things weren't perfect, she knew Jayden was the one for her. Jayden has ADHD and at first it didn't seem like a problem, until it began to affect their relationship. Hilary tries to understand Jayden's struggles but often cannot break through his walls. Soon
Patrycja
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
3.5 - 4stars!
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'My Sun' Stars!

This book.. My God, it's amazing! I got Loving the White Liar when I signed up on Kate Stewart's newsletter (go do it now!!) and well.. she is one of my favorite authors so you can guess that I pretty much loved it! It definitely is different from the other books I've read by her but it still has that touch that only Kate knows how to do.

I do love having a strong and loving couple and Jayden and Hilary are definitely that (and with an amazing chemistry too!!). Also the introd
FMABookReviews
4.5 Stars, Loving the White Liar was poignant, provocative and thought provoking.
❝You never know how much strength you have until you are forced to push through the impossible. You never know how dirty things can get until you've been in the trenches. And you can never imagine how much you can truly love someone until you've experienced those hurts together and shared the shovel in digging your way out of the dark.❞

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dealing with a loved one's mental illness is not easy, living it, is even hard
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
4 Emotional Stars

This is the perfect read for those who love reading about tortured heroes. And after reading this I feel like I know a lot more about ADHD now.

For me I wish there were more romance, but this is definitely not a smut read. Although there is a little bit of it, the very core of this story is about a married couple struggling with the effects of a disorder. I love how this book shows you that sometimes in life you have to fight hard for something or someone you love and there's a
♥ BR ♥: Loving the White Liar 83 25 Aug 01, 2015 08:55AM
  • Night Fires
  • Camouflage (Predator and Prey, #1)
  • The Ground Rules Rewritten (The Rule Breakers, #2)
  • Watching (Watching, #1)
  • Lasting Fate (Fate, #3)
  • My Dear Stranger
  • True Love Way
  • Undeniably You
  • LoveLines (The Wilmington Saga, #1)
  • Phoenix (Bellator Saga, #4)
  • Shadow & Soul (The Night Horde SoCal, #2)
  • Slave to the Rhythm (The Rhythm, #1)
  • Kane's Hell
  • Dr. Chase Hudson (The Surrogate #2)
  • Elicitation (The Training of Eileen, #1)
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 2 (The Darkest Frost, #2)
  • Surviving Love (Surviving #2)
  • If
A Texas native, Kate Stewart lives in North Carolina with her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. She pens messy, sexy, angst-filled contemporary romance as well as romantic comedy and erotic suspense because it's what she loves as a reader. Kate is a lover of all things '80s and '90s, especially John Hughes films and rap. She dabbles a little in photography, can knit a simple stitch sca ...more
More about Kate Stewart

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“The perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other” 16 likes
“This is forever,” he whispered. “No matter how bad we beat the shit out of it. You and me, we are always.” 11 likes