Start by marking “Recipe for Temptation (Madewood Brothers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Recipe for Temptation (Madewood Brothers, #4)

Recipe for Temptation

(Madewood Brothers #4)

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

Published August 11th 2015 by Entangled: Brazen

To ask other readers questions about Recipe for Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recipe for Temptation

Start your review of Recipe for Temptation (Madewood Brothers, #4)
Claire Robinson
3 - "That jackhammer is hard to ignore." Stars!

Being the fourth and final book in the Madewood Brothers series, I have to admit I had high hopes for Recipe for Temptation, I did enjoy it, but I wouldnt say my expectations were really met, if I am being honest.

Penn and Cole have pretty much been circling around each other for all of the previous three books in the series, and I was really hoping for the story between them to be just that, between them. The inclusion of Penns pretty abhorrent
Vashti
Aug 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay,but there was something about this book that just did not gel with me.Coulda been the heroine,way too aggressive,coulda been the hero,way too passive.I do like the boss/employee trope though.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Psssst...I have a secret I'm a sucker for the Madewood Brothers, there I've said it and admitting it is half the problem or so they tell me. I love this group of men who were saved by a woman from the foster care system, I love the family they created and the fact that they try and honor their late foster mom with everything that they do and most of all I love that despite the issues these men have they are good men and the women that love
Michelle
ARC provided by publishers in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

Recipe for Temptation is the final installment to Gina Gordon's Madewood Brother Series. If you are a fan of office romance and hot sexual tensions then this is the book for you. I actually enjoyed this one since we finally see a couple who finally submitted to their sexual desires and attraction to one another. Ms. Gordon was able to inject lots of sexy times, dirty talks, and yet an emotional connection to the characters.
Mandy
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, hot

Penn and Cole have worked together for 3 years. When Penn goes on her yearly family "vacation", Cole shows up to help her win the trophy but when he gets there, he sees a different version of Penn than he is use to. Normally, Penn is loud and a little wild but around her family, she is quiet and unsure of herself. What starts out as Cole trying to help Penn survive the vacation turns into them finally giving into their sexual attraction to each other.

This is the first book I have read
Nicola
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recipe for Temptation is an enjoyable finale to Gina Gordon's Madewood Brothers series. It's not my favourite of the four, but she has brought us an endearing couple with a good chemistry, a fun and frustrating storyline and who don't scrimp on the sexy-time when they finally give in to one another.

"It was time for a Murphy to kick some Foster ass."

Penn and Cole have been skirting around one another this entire series and, her being the fun confident force-of-nature company marketing guru and
Janey
A group of "brothers" bought together by Vivian Madewood, have been the subjects of this series.

Now it was Cole Murphy's turn, and he chose to keep himself hidden, out of the limelight, which he left shining brightly for the others.

Cooking was their game, and Cole was another prolific chef, though he chose to direct his talents towards teaching others. Other boys that had had a similar, less flavoursome start in life, like himself.

Penn Foster was the marketing queen who ruled the part of
Kassiah
2-1/2 stars.

This review also appears on Pretty Sassy Cool.

The Madewood Brothers series is one of my favorite series, and I really loved the previous books. I've been waiting for Penn and Cole's story ever since Recipe for Satisfaction came out. I didn't like this one as much as the other books in the series, but no matter--it's still hot, and I still ♥ Gina Gordon.

If you've read anything else by Gina Gordon, you know that she writes insanely hot scenes filled with chemistry that will make you
Dee
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
review copy provided by publisher

Im very much a mood reader when it comes to picking which books to read when (although I also do a lot of reading challenges, which make me get out of comfort zone). One of the reading challenge, Im currently trying to finish up, required a book set in Hawaii and when I came across the description for Recipe for Temptation, I knew that I had to pick it up. And to say that I was quickly sucked in, would be an understatementyou know, how sometimes you pick a book
Carol-Ann
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic series I really loved (The Madewood Brothers) Last book in this series I didn't want this series to end loved it that much ! I Loved the character's of Penn foster 1) she wants to win A place on a board of a charitable Foundation, 2) she is desperate to win the family Trophy, 3) she wants her hot boss Cole Murphy in her bed but his he the man she can have and handle, Has for Cole he is still Haunted by his Traumatic Childhood he finds it difficult to Trust and he has formed a shell ...more
Bette Hansen
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally Cole and Penn give in to the undeniable chemistry! Penn is in hell. Well as close as you can come while still on earth. On vacation with her family and competing for a stupid trophy like they do every year. She knows she will once again lose. That is until Cole shows up to help her! As the competition heats up so does the sizzle between Cole and Penn. What harm can a little fun in the sun do? After all what happens in Hawaii can stay in Hawaii, right??

This is a fun read! It has a little
Casey
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

Recipe for Temptation is the fourth and final book in the Madewood Brothers series from Gina Gordon. Each book features a separate couple and can be read as a standalone. The blurb really drew me in here, as I was unfamiliar with Gina Gordon before this book. So I really went into this one blind and having no expectations. While there were things to like here, this one was a bit confusing to me and I ended up forcing myself to finish this one
Adria's Musings and Reviews
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

* A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review.

Cole Murphy and Penn Foster have an unusual relationship. Theyre too snarky and defensive to be full on friends but they dont actually hate each other enough to be enemies either and I refuse to label them frenemies (They arent teenagers you know). Anyway, in her professional life Penn wants a spot on the board of a charitable organization and in her
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Cole Murphy finally gets his story! He is the 4th of the Madewood brothers and emotional baggage should be his middle name. Penn Foster is the black sheep of the "perfect" Foster family. Having only brothers, she grew up in their shadow and was completely overlooked (at least in her mind) by her father and by proxy, her passive mother.
She travels to Hawaii for the annual Foster family vacation. Planning to spend a relaxing week away from her boss, Cole Murphy, and escape the never ending
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Advanced Readers Copy Courtesy of Entangled Publishing....:)

Well this is the 4th and the last Madewood Brother series book and I have to say I will miss them. I have come to enjoy this series and I like Gina Gordon's work.

This is the story of Penn and Cole. Penn has worked for Cole and the Madewood Brothers for the last 3 years. She is in charge of their PR and she absolutely loves her job. She also harbours a secret crush for Cole and has for the last few years.

She is currently in Hawaii on a
Book Reading Gals
Thoughts: If your looking for a feel good romance, the recipe can be found right here. Im always a sucker for stories where the two leads have kind of been dancing around their attraction to each other for years. I thought it would play a little bit of a bigger role in this story than it did, but it really did not phase my enjoyment of this story at all. It also had a nice little boss/employee element in there, as well.

I enjoyed the characters of Penn and Cole so muchthe personalities of these
Tracey
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Penn and Coles story at last!

You couldn't choose a better location for them to come together than Hawaii.

Penn and Cole have both ignored the attraction between them for three years. When penn goes on holiday she's shocked when coke shows up. Somehow they agree to have a fun week on and out of the bedroom with no strings, let's face it that's going to be tough when they're both harbouring feelings for each other.

Penn brings out the sexy in Cole, and in return Cole shows her she's great.

In true
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Penn and Cole are attracted to eachother and seem to be fighting it. He ends up crashing her family vacation and gets caught up in their competition for a trophy. A trophy that means a lot to Penn. I liked the story, I just didn't get the sense that the characters could be more than a vacation fling.
Mayas
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 SOLID STARS

Finally Cole and Penn got their story. The sexual tension and back and forth from them was killing me. Coles goal to help Penn ended up having the reverse effect. She helped him as much as he helped her but it was at a cost. Find out how the Hawaiian vacation of lust, seduction, and great times turns to hell in a hand basket but bring a father and daughter closer.
Devika
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review..
Donna Foster
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Madewood Brothers

This was about Cole and Penn which I was looking forward to. I don't know if I got the order of reading wrong but Finn and his significant other was already talked about .
Sandy S
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date August 11, 2015

She's the woman he loves to hate.

Penn Foster wants a lot of things. She wants a spot on the board of a charitable foundation. She wants to win the stupid, plastic family trophy. And more than anything, she wants her tall, hot, and brooding boss naked in her bed. Now, on a Hawaiian vacation with her family, she's desperately trying not to think about how he'd sound whispering dirty things in her ear.

He's the man she can't have...or can she?

Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book, from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. In no way did this sway either my review or my rating.

This is going to be one of those tricky books to review. Tricky in the fact that I need to figure out what to say without "Sigh. I am so smitten with Cole Murphy" just being repeated over and over. Because it was more than just that. It was funny and sweet and frustrating and even a bit heartbreaking at times.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

3.5 Stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Entangled Publishing via NetGalley

It has felt like forever since this journey started with these Madewood Men. And finally we get Cole's book. Yeah!

The first three books were basically Penn and Cole's foreplay while in Recipe for Temptation they finally get to act on their wants and desires.

Since the beginning Penn and Cole have had a love/ hate relationship, but we all knew why. Poor Cole, he might be a successful chef but really he's
Cole and Penn have been dancing around each other for the entire series so I was really looking forward to finally seeing them get their happily ever after. I have to admit I ended up feeling a little disappointed with Recipe for Temptation though, possibly because I had such high hopes. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad novel but it was missing some of the things that have made this series so much fun to read.

I think my main issue was Penn's family, they hadn't played any part in the previous
Isha Coleman
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
COMING 8/11-NEW RELEASE: RECIPE FOR TEMPTATION BY GINA GORDON

RECIPE FOR TEMPTATION BY GINA GORDON

Release Date:  August 11, 2015

SYNOPSIS

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

Deanna
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC provided by Publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review *

Recipe for Temptation by Gina Gordon is the fourth book in the authors Madewood Brothers series and the first one Ive had the pleasure of reading. Since this is a new-to-me author for an ongoing series, I wasnt quite sure what to expect when I started reading this book, but I have to say, I neednt have worried at all. The book is fully capable of standing on its own and its two leads, Penn and Cole, pull you into the story
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Penn Foster has had the hots for her boss, Cole Murphy for as long as she's worked with him but she knows that nothing will happen between them and her family vacation is a chance for her to get away from it all. And she does, until he crashes her vacation. His reason? He wants to help her win the trophy in the annual Foster family competition. Penn hates the annual competition and the fact that she has never won the trophy and maybe with Cole around, she has a chance to win.

Of all the Madewood
Jen
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Recipe for Temptation is the fourth and final book in the Gina Gordon-penned contemporary romance series Madewood Brothers. The flirtation and sexual tension between Cole Murphy and Penn Foster has been going on since the first book and I think that it's only fitting that the series ends with their love story. Penn has always been a fierce, loyal, and highly
Rachel
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well here comes the final Madewood Brother story and while its the last one (sob, sob) and while Im sad to see the series end (yay for re-reads though), its finally Coles chance to get his HEA and its so worth the read.

I will admit that Cole has been my favourite brother and now that Ive finally read his story, its even more so. He and Penn are just perfect for each other and by the end of the book you will see why.

A holiday fling can stay a holiday fling right? Even if its between friends and
« previous 1 3 next »

• Over the Top (Maverick Montana, #4)
  • Mister Tonight
  • Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1)
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
  • Falling for His Best Friend (Out of Uniform, #2)
  • Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1)
  • Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love, #3)
  • Tomboy (The Hartigans, #3)
  • Something So Perfect (Something So, #2)
  • Entranced (The Donovan Legacy, #2)
  • Insatiable Bachelor (Bachelor Tower #1)
  • Light Her Fire (Private Pleasures, #2)
  • Charmed (The Donovan Legacy, #3)
  • Bound by Tears (Cauld Ane, #6)
  • Rising Assets (Maverick Montana, #3)
  • Overnight Wife
  • His to Take (Out of Uniform, #3.5)

Madewood Brothers (4 books)
  • Recipe for Satisfaction (Madewood Brothers, #1)
  • Recipe for Attraction (Madewood Brothers, #2)
  • Recipe for Seduction (Madewood Brothers, #3)