Start by marking “Dark Alpha's Claim (Reaper #1; Dark World #22)” as Want to Read:
Dark Alpha's Claim (Reaper #1; Dark World #22)

Dark Alpha's Claim

(Reaper #1)

Dark Alpha's Claim is the first in an exclusive new series from New York Times bestselling author Donna Grant!

There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I am coming for you...

My whole existence is based on taking what Death wants. Born to eliminate Fae guilty of unforgivabl
Published November 17th 2015 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
*ACR copy in exchange for an honest review*
★★★★4.5 Death-comes-for-all-of-us stars★★★★

Dark Alpha's Claim is a quick paranormal novella which lays the foundation for Donna Grant's new paranormal series.Even though I've heard that this one,might be a spin-off from this author's previous series,I found no difficulty in connecting with all the characters or their pasts,in fact I enjoyed reading about everyone of them.

Even though this PR is a series,there is NO CLIFFHANGERyou guys! Each book revolve
Erika

4 stars!!

Nice solid start to what looks to be an exciting and romantic paranormal/urban fantasy romance series. I really enjoyed the main couple, Jordyn and Baylon. Both were very likable characters. I am very interested to read about the other Reapers as well. Eoghan and Cael in particular really sparked my interest.

Grant did some decent world-building and built some great romantic tension for a novella-length story. There is insta-lust and insta-love, which was fine for me. Whenever I read PNR
Claire Robinson
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smp, shit-hot-series
4 - "We stand together." Stars!

I really like Donna Grants' writing style, having read some of her Dark Kings series already it was good to get involved at the very beginning of the new Reaper series.

It is immediately clear that this series crosses over with the Dark Kings series, and I must admit some of the references early on left me with a bit of a ’Dazed & Confused’ look on my face after having only read a portion of that series. But do not let this deter you, I carried on and once the s
Maya
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

BASICS

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? YES.
Rating: 4 stars.
Reviewed on Amazon.
Review

Now, that was one action packed read and I freaking loved it! Aside from
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

In this brand new series, Donna Grant uses what she has built in previous series as a platform for this new series featuring Reapers. Reapers are men who are under orders from Death. In this particular book, Baylon is tasked with killing Fae who have done despicable things. By doing this, he has forfeited a life of happiness for himself. He has no familial ties. The only closest thing he has is his small brotherhood of other Reapers.

As always, Grant creates a pretty substantial number of chara
Beth
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just like Beauty and the Beast, Dark Alpha’s Claim’s Jordyn loves books…how could you not love that…

Baylon is a Reaper in Erith’s, AKA Death, service. His job, be the judge, jury and executioner of the evil dark Fae.

When a command comes down for the Reapers to kill all the human – fae half breeds, they baulk. But Baylon seems to baulk the most. When he discovers one, Jordyn, he can’t seem to stay away from her. Let us just say their chemistry is combustible.

In an attempt to protector her, he d
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.5 Stars *****

The beginning was a little confusing for me. I kept checking if this really was the first book in the series. It felt like I was missing something between the characters. I probably would of had a better grasp if I read the other series. But once I understood the paranormal world I was able to enjoy the story.

Get ready for some insta love. Man sees woman. Man must have woman. The forbidden relationship between Jordyn and Baylon had some steamy moments. Bayton is your prote
Danielle
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
As a fan of paranormal romance I always get really excited when something different comes out. Don't get me wrong, I love shifters and vampires as much as the next girl, but I love that when it comes to paranormal you can always expect to find something that hasn't been overdone... Like Reapers, for example.

Dark Alpha's Claim is the first book in a new series that revolves around a group of Fae called the Reapers. As assassins that carry out Death's bidding, Reapers are forbidden from having rel
Emalie
~ Book provided by NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion

Dark Alpha’s Claim is the beginning of a new spin-off series of Donna Grant’s Dragon King series and while I found it ridiculous how fast Baylon and Jordyn fell in love and I’m normally not really into fae, this story was entertaining to read. Also though it’s a spin-off series I’m pretty sure you can read it without ever reading the Dragon King series. I personally only read one book from that series and I had no problems understandi
Angie
This is my first Donna Grant book and I'm kicking myself I didn't discover her books sooner. This is the first book in a spinoff to the spinoff to the original?... and since I haven't read any of the other series (which at least one is still ongoing), fortunately I did not have any problem following along. If anything I wish the book was longer as I loved it and immediately felt immersed into this world. Obviously this is the beginning of a new group within the same world as her other series and ...more
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

I have to just say it, Donna Grant is brilliant. She began a series about Warriors and Druids that took place about 400 years ago (Dark Sword). Slowly she has evolved it to a second (Dark Warriors), then third (Dark Kings) now fourth spin off. And she has done it seamlessly.

The Reapers are mentioned in the past two Dark Kings books as fairy tales of the fae (yes it seems that they too have fairy tales), the boogeymen that are used to keep Fae children in lin
Samantha
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story is set in the same time frame as the Dark Kings series but is focused on a different sort of fantasy element, the Reapers. The Reapers are the Fae equivalent to the Boogie Man but are very real. They are faceless to the Fae society but follow Death's orders to be the judge and jury of Fae who get out of hand and commit crimes. 4 darkly fascinating stars is what I give Dark Alpha's Claim.

description

Baylon is such a great character. He's such a good guy and takes his position very seriously. He s
Karen
Oct 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Donna Grant has a new series that is thus far loosely tied into her magical Scotland books that we all love so much. The Reapers have been mentioned in her most recent Dark Kings book Passion Ignites. Her Reapers are watching both the Dragons and Warriors, but at this time they are not interacting or working together.
The Reapers consist of both Light and Dark Fae. These seven men have been recruited by Death to be judge, jury, and executioner of the Fae. They exist only to their small group. Th
Marta Cox
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
Fans of the Dragon Kings series will be overjoyed to see this spin-off series begin. It's still set in Scotland and the characters are predominantly Fae but this time the twist is our heroes are the select few known as Reapers. Yes this motley crew are a mixture of both light and dark Fae but with a little extra. Ok it's a lot extra as they serve Death and hunt down all the Fae that try to defy the natural balance.
Into this world is thrust Jordyn a human woman with no idea that she possesses Fae
Miriam Mathew
If there was a byline for this book that I was in charge of writing, it would say:
Boring! Predictable! The tales of one man to protect the special snowflake that has inexplicably "enthralled" his cock with doing nothing whatsoever!

Because then it would have saved me some time. Maybe it was because the book was so short that there was no time for character development or world building or anything because nothing about it enticed me.

Not the main heroine who might as well have been cut out of c
Tammy
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dark Alpha's Claim is a short fun read full of sexy steamy romance, action, magic and hot guys.
I like the world building and how these Death and her 7 Reapers wield their magic. It was an easy read nothing complicate for the plot and the story was quite unique. Each character held mystery background that surely be explore in their own story and I'm so excited to read the rest of the Reapers in the future.
The only downside was that there were characters and bits and pieces of stories t
Debrac2014
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked it! Good storyline and characters!
Jacque
I read the fourth book in the series a while back and while I enjoyed it I was left feeling a bit confused. Now that I’m starting from the beginning with Dark Alpha’s Claim, it all begins to make sense! There are several elite assassins that part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. Their job is to eliminate Fae guilty of unforgivable crimes. One of the big no-nos that they are forbidden is to form connections with other and to tell Faes of their existence although it’s okay if humans fi ...more
Laurie
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, arc, kindle
Every once in awhile, I just need to feed the geek inside by sinking into a sci-fi or a fantasy romance. When I saw the synopsis to Dark Alpha’s Claim I thought this would be the perfect food for my geek soul.

We’ve seen this kind of plot before. A Group of heroes who fight for their people, but who are forbidden to fall in love or have any kind of relationship. Baylon is a Reaper. One of seven fae who are tasked by Death to be the judge, jury, and executioner of the Fae who have done wrong wheth
Linda
A must-read for fans of Donna's Dark Kings and recommended to anyone who enjoys spicy paranormal romances!

Death chose each of us - both Dark and Light - for a reason. There can't be Light without Dark or Dark without Light. Death was the judge. The Reapers were the executioners. Death was the one who decided who the Reapers would visit and exact their justice.
The Reapers answered to just one entity - Death.

DARK ALPHA'S CLAIM by Donna Grant is the steamy first installment in Donna's new Reaper
Stacy
Oct 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The blurb for DARK ALPHA'S CLAIM pulled me in and since I've read quite a few of Grant's other series I figured I would enjoy it. Even though Grant's Reaper series is new, there are many mentions of characters from previous series. I don't think everyone will be confused or feel like you are missing something, but if you want to learn more about the world and the characters you might want to backtrack and read through the other three series that take place in the same world. Because there are so ...more
Eva Millien
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Baylon’s wild and reckless nature makes him the perfect assassin for Death until his newest order brings him face to face with Jordyn Patterson and she claims him body and soul which breaks all the rules in this fascinating paranormal romance.

This fast paced smooth flowing plot is a thrilling mix of suspense, excitement and romance as the Reapers set out follow their newest order which sets Baylon on a path that could cost him his very existence. The readers can’t help but get caught up in all t
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 5
Dark Alpha’s Claim is the first book in Donna Grant’s new Reaper series, which is a spin off of her Dark Kings series. But while these series happen in the same world you don’t have to (but I would highly recommend) read the Dark Kings stories first.
As always Ms. Grant blows me away with her ability to tell a story that leaves me shocked and dying for more. I loved the Reapers and what they are. I loved that they are the boogi
Lillian Cummings
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was hoping to read more about the Reapers and to find out more about them and why they are feared so much. They are judge jury & executioner they work for Death, there is a big surprise there how knew? They have a job to do and they get it done, they don't do relationships or friends as their lives are very dangerous and they have to keep others from finding about the Fae.
They have been given a new job they are to kill all half fae, but they can't go ahead as this is too wrong.
Baylon has j
Kim
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Once again Donna Grant has given us a world full of magic and Fae and a wonderful cast of gorgeous beings that we all long to know better.
Secrets and intrigue top the list of- stay up way past your bed time reading. Because once you start Dark Alpha's Claim, there is not an easy way to stop.
In this new spin-off from her Dragon King's series, Donna Grant gives us Reaper's.
They are a secret elite group of gorgeous alpha males who also happen to be Fae. No one knows if they really exist. The Reaper
Donna Sweeney
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kindly provided with an ARC by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review....

Well, for fans of Donna Grant (like me) sometime you just don't have to say much......

In this case I can sum up in 9 words - SPECTACULAR START TO A NEW SERIES OF PARANORMAL ROMANCE !!. Yes, I know you are mystified at my magnificent ability to summaries this awesome story !!

Baylon = A death reaper.....Uber HOT, alpha paranormal hunk of assassin falls for a women he is sent to eliminate......Oh can it get any better tha
Questian
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
St. Martin's Press gave me permission to review this book, via Netgalley.

This is another one of those series, within the series. Ms. Grant did an amazing job when she created this series. The timing was impeccable, with what is happening to the Dragon Kings, Dark and Light Fae, this is one great tipping point.

The characters were given a very unique out look, Death and the Reapers, I was supersize who Death was and the possible paring...with the main story, simple yet the element if ensnaring t
Aurrora James
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing series

What can I say but that I love Donna Grant's books. Baylon and Jordyn are no exception. This is a very intriguing start to a new series and I look forward to more. I gave it 4 stars because the editing was dreadful. I can't believe a big 5 publisher put out a book with so many errors.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Bring Me a Dream (Reveler, #5)
  • The Witching Hour (Eternal Lovers, #1)
  • In the Mood Fur Love
  • Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
  • Darkside Sun (Mortal Machine, #1)
  • Ever After (Transplanted Tales, #4)
  • Ice Wolf (Arctic Brotherhood, #1)
  • Vampires Never Cry Wolf (Dead in the City, #3)
  • Shifter's Claim (The Shadow Shifters, #4)
  • Deal With The Devil (Purgatory, #4)
  • Dragon Her Back (Las Vegas Dragons, #3)
  • Embrace the Magic (The Blood Rose #2)
  • Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby #1)
  • Dangerous Craving (Miami Scorcher #4)
  • The Werewolf Wears Prada (San Francisco Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Her Fierce Warrior (X-Ops, #4)
  • Soul Survivor (Soul Stripper, #2)
  • Liquid Fire (Skindancer, #3)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal g

Reaper (8 books)
  • Dark Alpha's Embrace (Reaper #2; Dark World #24)
  • Dark Alpha’s Demand (Reaper #3)
  • Dark Alpha's Lover (Reaper, #4)
  • Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper, #5)
  • Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper, #6)
  • Dark Alpha's Awakening (Reaper, #7)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption: A Reaper Novel
“If I'd known you were out there, I would've begun searching for you thousands of years ago.” 0 likes
“One night. That's all Baylon was allowed, but it wasn't enough. Forever would never be enough.” 0 likes