Start by marking “MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)” as Want to Read:
MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)

MacKenzie Fire

(Shine Not Burn #2)

Still bitter about his failed engagement and life on the family ranch, Ian MacKenzie has been cranky for nearly three years. His brother Mack’s married bliss hasn’t helped, and now his pregnant sister-in-law’s airhead best friend is coming for a visit.

Candice arrives to help with the new baby, even though it means swapping her Louboutins for snow boots and her flat irons f

Published July 28th 2015 by Montlake Romance (first published June 2nd 2014)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Holy Hot Cowboy Stars

*Spoilers*

photo Ian2_zpsbtfrxmgx.gif

"Back off, John Wayne. Don't touch."

MacKenzie Fire is the sequel book to Shine Not Burn and it was hilarious. I laughed so hard that I had tears running down my face. Any book that can do that for me is a winner In my eyes.

photo ian22_zpslzdzibly.jpg

“You are not just one person, Candice. You’re a whole tornado of a person.”

What this book is about

Candice is in Oregon in the middle of winter for the next few weeks because her best friend Andie is having her first child and Candice i
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Mackenzie Fire is book two in the Shine Not Burn series by Elle Casey. I fell in love with the first book in this series and I waited way too long to read this second book. This book is one hilarious situation after another. Being inside Candace’s head is a scary place to be, but you can’t help to fall in love with her.

Andie and Mack are about to have a baby. So of course, her best friend, Candace, who will be the baby’s godmother, wants to be there for the birth. Candace lives in Florida with a
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I needed a fluffy book after reading two heavy books back to back so I had recently read Shine Not Burn and it left a stupid smile on my face for days and I figured the second book would do just fine for me.

As Andie and Mack from the first book are expecting their first child Andie's best friend Candice heads out to the ranch to get to godmothering. She has this in the bag. If not her job as a hairdresser will make everyone look much better in cow country.

Once she gets there Mack's brother Ian i
Christy
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 ‘Internet MD’ stars!

photo 736d2a35-bc4c-41ad-a705-c2f171f1ec48_zps3458fd1f.jpg

MacKenzie Fire is a fabulously funny sequel to Shine Not Burn. It was hilarious, sweet, sexy, light and fun. I love reading books like this. Books fairly low on the angst and ones that make me laugh.

Candice is Andie’s best friend and she’s come to the country to visit Andie and be there for the birth of her child. Candice is a hairdresser and if you remember her from book 1, she is a handful. Spunky, wild and carefree. She isn’t used to this country life, and she isn’t
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Googled Stars

"Could I help Ian without falling in love with him? And if I did fall in love with him, could I leave him behind and go back to my old life?"

description

This was a truly fun story whose main character Candice was FANTASTIC!

description

I have a girl crush on her,she was hilarious and downright hysterical at times…

”I’m going to donate my brain to science. Maybe they can unlock some secrets of the universe from in there.”

“More like unlocking Pandora’s box,” Andie mutters.

“Do you use that music app? I
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kara
"Life is never boring with you around, Candice, that's for sure."
Candice is the best friend to the heroine from book one - 'Shine Not Burn'. For her two week vacation she's come to Oregon from Florida to visit her bestie, Andie. Unfortunatenly for this sunshine girl - she's arrived during the snowy months. Right away we learn that Candice is a mixture of being high maintenance and a kick-butt-and-take-names type of attitude.

"A dramatic moment?"
For me this book had some overdone drama that m
Mo
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 yeehaw stars

"But … you're country and I'm city."

This was such a fun read. Candice arrives in Oregon to visit her friend Andi who is just about to give birth. Ian is Andi's brother in law, a moody pain in the ass if ever there was one. He broke up with his fiancée a few years back and has been wallowing in self pity since.

“I try not to look at him, but it’s impossible not to.
His presence is totally commanding.
I’ve heard that expression before, but until being around him I never really ap
Brandi
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-favorite
4.5 'Superhero' Stars

description

Candice and Ian are from two different worlds. Candice is Andie's high maintenance, hair stylist, bff from Florida. Ian is Mack's younger brother, a moody country boy who is still licking his wounds after a bad breakup. When Candice heads to Oregon to visit Andie, these two get into all kinds of shenanigans.

I cross my arms, trying to picture how I’m going to arm myself for outdoor Ian stalking activities while also protecting myself from these man-eating beasts. A gun is
Wendy'sThoughts
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Elle Casey Fans, Romance
4 True Cowboy Love Star
* * * * Spoiler Free

They say opposites attract...and in many ways they do... for in relationships it would be very boring to have people so alike..there never would be any mystery or surprise in the way they lived.

In MacKenzie Fire, the second installment of the series Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey, this is exactly the case...or at least that is how it seems.

You have the city gal out to visit her bestie at this ranch in Oregon. Angie is about to have a baby and Candice
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--City vs Country--Stars!!

Who could forget Candice from Shine Not Burn?? No one! Candice was back and better than ever.

Definitely one of my favorite heroines....she was always happy, didn't take herself too seriously and had a heart of gold.

Candice finds herself in Baker City for the impending arrival of Andie and Mack's baby. She's greeted at the airport by not only her BFF but Andie's cranky BIL Ian Mackenzie as well.

Candice and Ian have this love/hate thing going on. It was so fun and fun
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3 **not as good as the first one** STARS

“You are not just one person, Candice. You’re a whole tornado of a person.”

MacKenzie Fire is a really difficult one for me to rate and it would appear I'm completely alone with that problem, since everyone loved this book. So in all fairness, take my opinion with a grain of salt and read some other reviews as well.

I really adored the first book, but with the second instalment I had a very hard time getting into the flow and warming up to the characters
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
DNF

Okay, this is my third crack at this and I just can't do it.

description

I just cannot STAND Candice for whatever reason.

And I don't like to hang out with people I can't stand.

So...

♥Sharon♥
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 CANDICE STOLE THE FREAKING SHOW STARS. Oh...AND IAN WAS SWEET AND SEXY TOO!

photo collage_zps4475b836.jpg

What a great read this was. I loved Mackenzie Fire but I have to say the one on “FIRE” in this book was my girl Candice. She rocked! Candice was quite the heroine. She was funny, sassy, sexy and she was one kick ass BFF. Here is a perfect quote from the book. “You are not just one person, Candice. You’re a whole tornado of a person.”

The gist of the story is Candice has come to Oregon to visit her best friend Andi.
Jeanne
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I Loved this book! I can't believe I'm saying this, but the heroine actually made this book for me. How often does that happen? I think Elle Casey usually writes great dialogue in her books, but she's outdone herself with this one. Candice's inner dialogue was hilarious, I would love to have her as a best friend. And holy hot cowboy is right, I can't get enough of these Mackenzie brothers:)

Some of Ian and Candice's antics in this book were so immature, they reminded me of what goes on in my d
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Shelves: funny, audio
3.75 Stars

I love Shine Not Burn and it’s been almost three years since I’ve read an Elle Casey book. I did the audio version of MacKenzie Fire. I really liked the narrator and the southern accent was spot on. I found her feisty and bubbly. I believe the audio enhanced my reading experience and I highly suggest to go that route.

MacKenize is not the typical Heroine I go for. I think it would have been a five star read if I could relate to her more. She’s kind of narcissistic and really into her lo
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥

4 stars

photo 20140603_082756-kdcollage_zps4j2cofox.jpg

Candice and Ian couldnt be more different. Candice is a city girl, high mainentance, paying her friend a visit. Ian is a country boy still bitter from his failed relationship. Can these two find love?

Candice was an awesome heroine, she was crazy at times and her POV was a funny place to be, but behind it all she has the biggest heart and was a very loyal friend. The couples bickering was fun to read at first but the sexy time was limited, at one point I thought I was reading YA.

Apart fr
Michelle
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Badass City Takes Country Grouch Stars!

photo B25E8A11-D7A1-4610-B985-EC29EB4CA50F_zpsw9hj1rtu.jpg

What a funny read! I laughed so hard my eyes were watering and my stomach hurt!

Candace comes to visit her best friend Andie. She is not prepared for the weather. She's dressed to impress. Needless to say the laughs start right away once Candace hits the ice and snow when she gets off the plane. Her cute little boots with the pom poms look sickly by the time they make it back to the ranch.
I nearly peed my pants when they refused Ian's help on getting
Catarina
4,5 Shining Stars!

This second book bring us the story of Ian. If you’ve read the previous book you know what happened to him and why he’s so bitter. Well, in this book he isn’t much better. He doesn’t know what he wants from life, he believes he lives under his brother’s shadow and everyone thinks he still pines for his cheating ex-fiancé. Yeah, not a great phase in his life.

description

Until the day Candice (Andie’s best-friend) comes to town (or ranch, in this case) to be at his niece’s birth and cha
Dee Montoya
*****5+++Google Brilliant Stars*****

Full on belly laughs from beginning to end. If you were worried that the sequel wouldn't be as good as the original, Well, this one is even better, and I really didn't think that was even possible since I'm a huge fan of Shine Not Burn. I even have a postcard signed by Elle Casey herself stating that I'm Mack's #1 girlfriend; that's right, I'm bragging about it, so there! ( you can find proof on my profile pics)
Anyways MacKenzie Fire was such a fun book to rea
Claire Robinson
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Some people are just clueless." Stars!

This series literally came out of left field, took me for a horse-back ride, it made me cry with laughter, wet myself with laughter, and generally gave me all sorts of good times.

I think it takes an author with a lot of skill to write such a character as Candice and keep her entertaining without veering into the annoying.

”Go away I’m unconscious right now.”

Her inner monologue alone was the stuff of comedy gold, add into it the escapades she gets up to
NiCoLeTa E.
...Actually 4,5 hillarious stars from me...

That was really funny.... Really, really funny....

I couldn't stop laughing with all the hillarious things that Candice did all the time...

I don't know what i have to recall first....
The gun shot???? The snow war???? The cooking??? The cougar??? The baby birth??? The cow's baby birth???? The driving???? The darts???
Oh, God!!! I have to stop now, because i don't want to reveal much more things...
The only thing that i can say about this book is that i was
Jen
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 You're Country and I'm City Stars!

Mackenzie Fire was a great funny and sweet follow up to Shine Not Burn. Again, I listened to the audiobook and think Laurie West did a great job.

"Is it really possible for city and country to live in harmony together?"

If you read the first book, then you will remember Andie's best friend, Candice. She's a hair dresser from Florida, but she's come to Oregon because she wants to be there for the birth of Andie and Mack's baby.

Candice met all of the Mackenz
Aestas Book Blog
SQUEEE!!!! This is the sequel to SHINE NOT BURN!!

RELEASING MAY 2014
Nikki
5 Cowboytastic Stars!!
description
Oh lordie..I am about to make a proclamation . I am about to proclamate (word? sure) that Candice is the shiz of all shiz. Never have a read a diddy with a heroine quite like this one. She sure is special.
description

We meet Candice as she is heading back to Oregon to see Andie, her BFF, pop out a Mack baby. We immediately see Ian again and the insta-hate interlaced with oodles of sexual tension begins. The battle of City vs. Country begins. And its freaking awesome. Who knew ice a
Kim Bailey
4.5 Stars

Candice has to be one of the most refreshing & honest female leads I have ever read. I adore her lack of perfection, and her comfort in her own skin. Just phenomenal. She was the highlight of this book. The romance was so fun. The whole book was just wonderfully unexpected. Definitely lived up to the first!
FMABookReviews
"Is it really possible for city and country to live in harmony together?"

'MacKenzie Fire' was a super cute follow up to 'Shine Not Burn'. Filled with tons of hilarious banter, fun and of a whole lot of heart.

"I look like a redneck slut from the nineteen forties on a bender."

We first met Candice in 'Shine Not Burn' as the spit-fire, funny, and loyal bff to Andie. She's back at the ranch waiting for the birth of Andie and Mack's baby. While there she brings hilarity, accidental moments
Ash
first read: September 4 - 4, 2015
first reread: March 22 - ?, 2017

“Do not look at his package, Candice. Do not look at his package. My eyes move of their own accord. Oh dammit, you looked at his package! And … oh my … Oh my, my, my … There’s a giant bulge! Hooray for giant bulges and the jeans that let me see them!”

It was only 5 days ago that I declared Shine Not Burn, my favorite book read in August.....I've only read and finished about 4 books so far in September.......but THIS is my favorite s
BookLover
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, rs, kindle, reviews
Candice is one of the most entertaining characters I have read in a long time. What a riot. I really enjoyed this book. I giggled most of the way through this book. I loved her confidence and her relationship with Google.

“Sometime around one in the morning, I take out Millie my new gun and practice loading bullets into the clip and taking them out. After an hour, I'm pretty much qualified for the FBI.”

Based on how moody Ian was in the first book, I was expecting a lot of angst and conflict. I
Violina The Romance Lover
5 "Candice is hilarious" stars!

For the second time Elle Casey made me LAUGH OUT countless times!

This book was FUNNY , sexy and soooo much entertaining !
I couldn't hide my smile ever since the beginning of the book! I knew it was going to be good because we've met the MCs in the previous book and there we saw that they will match just well!
I was waiting for them to see that they were ment to be together !

Candince was AMAZING HEROINE ! So funny, sweet, caring and wanted to help
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-bests
4,5 stars.

You want a good laugh, a really, really "pee your pants because you laugh so hard" read? Go for it, buy it now!

Candice is really "something else" as Ian said. She came as a airhead in the beginning, hairdresser and beauty counselor extraordinaire. All skinny jeans, flat soled boots with pom-poms, she spent more time on her behind in the freezing snow than vertical the first day she landed. She is in snowy and slippery Oregon to visit her pregnant BFF, welcomed on the Mackenzie's ranch.
♥ BR ♥: Mackenzie Fire b.r. 127 88 Jun 04, 2014 07:11PM
Goodreads Librari...: Correct/delete nonexistent (?) one-star rating 12 115 Apr 07, 2014 03:11PM

• Sex Snob
  • The Other C-Word (In Other Words, #1)
  • LoveLines (The Wilmington Saga, #1)
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • Can't Have You
  • Willing Captive
  • Plausibility
  • Fortune (Fortune, #2)
  • Breakaway
  • Holy Frigging Matrimony (Tangled, #1.5)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • Mountain Prey
  • Waking Up in Vegas
  • No Angel
  • Chemistry
  • I Take This Man
  • If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
  • Christening (Nameless, #1.5)
Elle Casey, a former attorney and teacher, is a NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY bestselling American author who lives in France with her husband, the youngest of her three kids, and several horses, dogs, and cats. She has written more than 40 novels in less than 5 years and likes to say she offers fiction in several flavors. These flavors include romance, science fiction, urban fantasy, action advent ...more

Shine Not Burn (2 books)
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
“You are not just one person, Candice. You’re a whole tornado of a person.” 9 likes
“Babe, I can’t promise you that I’ll always be perfect, but I’ll do my straight best to try, and I’ll make it my life’s goal to always make sure you’re happy. All you’ve got to do is marry me, and I’ll do the rest.” 8 likes