Start by marking “アイストレイル ~氷の軌跡~ 上 [Teiru obu Fearī Teiru - Aisu Toreiru 1] (Tale of Fairy Tail: Ice Trail, #1)” as Want to Read:

アイストレイル ~氷の軌跡~ 上 [Teiru obu Fearī Teiru - Aisu Toreiru 1]

(Tale of Fairy Tail: Ice Trail #1)

「歩き出せ 未来へ──」厄災の悪魔との戦いで独りぼっちになった少年は、師の教えを胸に西へと旅立つ。見たこともない世界を、想像したこともない強さを求めて。少年の名は…グレイ・フルバスター。いかにして彼は“妖精の尻尾”へと導かれたのか? いま明かされる小さき氷の魔導士の冒険!! 主人公はグレイ! 『FAIRY TAIL』公式スピンオフ!!
Published September 17th 2015 by Kodansha

Be the first to ask a question about アイストレイル ~氷の軌跡~ 上 [Teiru obu Fearī Teiru - Aisu Toreiru 1]

Connor
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I feel like this is probably more like a 2.5 stars in my head. The plot was all over the place. The illustrations were fine, but not amazing. It had a lot of western type bubbles announcing glares and nervousness. I think the major reasons why I love Fairy Tail so much were absent in this, and I got a different vibe from Gray Fullbuster in general. I already own volume two, so I'll be reading that and doing a video review on this spin off series, but so far, I'm not overly impressed.
Jim
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book is about Gray Fullbuster and his advetures.

A young girl is being chased in her attempt to escape from an evil guild. After an accident she meets Gray who wants to hepl her. The members of the guild, and especially the leader, have great powers. No worries though cause Gray is preety powerfull himself, he is an ice-mage. Long story short he defeats them and move on. Then superfast ( and here is where this lost me ) other troubles find Gray. This guy is like...the most unluck
Nicola Mansfield
This is Gray's origin story and his adventures before and how he gets to Fairy Tale. It isn't necessary to have read the original series to start this one, however, this volume does start at the point in Gray's background that we've been told of in FT. I've read the first 5 volumes of FT and was "in" on everything they were talking about. This first volume is full of action and zooms along at a fast past. A bit too much to the detriment of character building, as there are a few scenes of emotion ...more
Amiee (ambooklife)
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was not a fan of this side story. Or I guess Prequel side story. This was not written by Hiro Mashima and sadly you could tell. I think I have had never read Fairy Tail prior to reading this I would have enjoyed this. This is the story of Gray and his time before Fairy Tail. The adventures he went on were great, they just weren't him.

So all in all if you have never read Fairy Tail please check this out, but if you have ready FT please avoid this because it doesn't really add anything to Gray.
Funnybunny30
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first manga i red and it was great .i can't wait to get my hands on volume 2
Blackandred04
It's pretty obvious that this wasn't by Hiro Mashima because of how Gray acts but it was fun.
Kurtis Burkhardt
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Great side side story of gray fullbuster before he joined fairy tail^.^👌😁💕💕
Daken Howlett
Prequel di Fairy Tail che racconta le vicende di Gray dopo la tragica dipartita di Ur, sua maestra e madre adottiva, per mano di uno dei demoni del libro di Zeref, Deliora, e di come sia finito, ancora in giovane età, presso la gilda fondata da Mavis.
La storia offre una veste grafica molto dinamica e dettagliata e la storia, anche se troppo prevedibile, offre diversi interessanti spunti e notizie sul passato di Gray e del membro di Fairy Tail che lo poterà a decidere di entrare nella gilda
Miku
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This story centers around Gray Fullbuster

Gray, following his masters words travel around the world looking for strength and how he enters Fairy Tail. How he also met Natsu. It also shows glimpses of Juvia when she was little and there was also a picture of Lucy when she was little. The art was cute and you don't really need to read the main FT series to read this. This was mainly Gray's adventur
Marianna Rainolter
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Da quando Gray è comparso in Fairy Tail io mi sono innamorata di lui quindi non mi potevo certo perdere questa miniserie dedicata a lui e a come giunge alla Gilda di Fairy tail. Il suo viaggio è ricco di incontri, durante il quale lui aiuta sempre il prossimo e dimostra la sua incredibile forza anche se è solo un ragazzino. Intravediamo il personaggio che conosciamo già cresciuto, ma anche il bambino che ha sofferto e cerca di andare avanti da solo: tutte le sfaccettature del personaggio sono be ...more
Andrea1306
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finalmente inizia la storia dell'infanzia di Gray, proprio dal punto in cui l'abbiamo lasciato durante le avventure raccontate in Fairy Tail.
La storia è semplice, scorrevole e simpatica; Gray incontra personaggi inediti e alcune vecchie conoscenze che lo aiuteranno durante il suo breve ma intenso viaggio.
Manca il tocco della mano di Hiro Mashima, anche se i disegni di Yusuke Shirato non sono male.
Kegan May
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
This is a very enjoyable story. Even if you have not read the main story, you can still find this story very enjoyable. The art is well done, and the story moves at a pace that I am comfortable with. I am looking forward to reading more.
Дени Проданова ✨
Явно Грей има афинитет към спасяването на момиченца.
Danielle Louise
Jul 22, 2016 added it
Read on Mangastream.
Deadgirluniverse
Young Gray on a quest to find powerful peeps.
Brittany
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I agree with the books 13+ designation - very cute - very funny.
Liz Freed
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-and-comics
It kept me reading as FT always does, but the characters (Gray & Gildarts) didn't feel right to me. The art style was also not one I'm fond of. Probably won't read #2.
ryan long
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gray's own story

Gray is a lot younger in this prequel to him joining the fairy tail guild but he still somehow managed to lose his clothes Gray's ultimate gag routine
Bryanna
Jan 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• In/Spectre, Vol. 1
  • Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Volume 1
  • Naruto (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 7: Includes Vols. 19, 20 & 21 (Naruto: Omnibus, #7)
  • Monster Musume, Vol. 7
  • Highschool of the Dead Color Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Howard the Duck Omnibus
  • High School DxD, Vol. 3
  • 水神の生贄 4 [Suijin no Hanayome 4] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #4)
  • Starfinder: Book One of the Skylords
  • Witchcraft Works, Vol. 1 (Witchcraft Works, #1)
  • Don't Be Cruel: 2-in-1 Edition, Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1  2
  • Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 4: Includes vols. 10, 11 & 12
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 4 (Dragon Ball VIZBIG Edition, #4)
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.

Tale of Fairy Tail: Ice Trail (2 books)
  • アイストレイル ~氷の軌跡~ 下 [Teiru obu Fearī Teiru - Aisu Toreiru 2] (Tale of Fairy Tail: Ice Trail, #2)