Start by marking “In Dawn and Darkness (Secrets of Itlantis, #5)” as Want to Read:
In Dawn and Darkness (Secrets of Itlantis, #5)

In Dawn and Darkness

(Secrets of Itlantis #5)

An alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here.

The final installment in the Secrets of Itlantis series!

Alliances have been formed. Stakes have been set. Time is running out.

Aemi and her team of unlikely allies must find the mythic and long-lost final city before war with Nautilus destroys the rest of Itlantis. As enemies close in, who can she trust?
Published September 15th 2015

To ask other readers questions about In Dawn and Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Dawn and Darkness

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Tammie
For the most part I liked this series. A few of the scenes and characters could have been cut from the series as a whole, as they didn't add enough to the story or didn't advance the plot. I think In Dawn and Darkness was a good ending to the series. There were some typos like the wrong name being used a couple of times, or words that didn't belong in a sentence that need to be fixed in the Kindle version, but I still enjoyed it. I especially liked the epilogue.
Tabi Wares
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good ending. It was a good series. I appreciate that the author wasn't tempted to drag this out longer than necessary.

However, from a purely technical standpoint, there was a mention of Merelus where he wasn't, and almost the entire last half of the book (kindle edition anyway.) was in italics due to some kind of layout issue. It was annoying. Someone needs to proofread this, please.
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Review coming soon
Mary
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent action series and mystery

I have read all five books and would recommend them to anyone that loves adventure, danger, mystery, intrigue, romance that is not overdone, betrayal, forgiveness. Intricate many sided characters. The ocean. Beautiful and mysterious cities beneath the sea. I could go on and on.
Hrimcealde
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good ending to a good series

I read all of the books one after another, and while they need some extra editing for slight errors, the books are all quite fun to read. This final chapter wrapped up all of the loose ends and felt very satisfying. Recommend for anyone looking for a good kindle unlimited book to read.
Monique Lord
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story but needs better editing.

I really liked the whole series. There were some great character surprises and suspense. I can handle some wording issues but character names were mixed up more than once and throws the story at that point as you try and figure out who it was supposed to be.
Brittany Goodman
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finished

A good conclusion to this story. A bit bitter with the sweet but a good one nonetheless. Even though the the loose ends are tied up I feel like i'm missing something but I am not sure what. Despite this it is a satisfying ending.
mindy
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing world with non stop adventure

The characters are strong and smart. The world is beautiful and leaves you visualizing it long after you have set the book down. I really loved this series!!
April Coombs
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great series!

I was hesitant about the premise of this book when I started it, but the characters and great writing drew me in quickly. I'm a huge fan of the strong, independent women who lead in Kate's books. Another wonderful series!
Ashley Martin
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series was amazing!! I read all 5 books in 2 days because I couldn't put it down. You will laugh and you will cry as you follow Aemi on her journey. If you're looking for a good series of books, I highly recommend this one.
Amanda Ebner
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allyson O’Neal
rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2019
Rachel Robins
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Bummed. Great start to series. Subsequent books got more and more repetitive.
Nicole
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m sad the series is over. It was a wonderful escape into the glittering cities below the waves of the sea.
Jessica Kelley
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves YA Fantasy!

I have been waiting for this book.
I love this series. Ellison is probably best known for her Frost Chronicles, but in my humble opinion her best work is the Itlantis series. The books are set in a beautiful futuristic fantasy world deep under the ocean, and there are several different cities and cultures that are wonderfully woven together. The books main character, Aemi, is flawed (like all good characters are,) but determined. The series has victory, loss, romance, a little comedy, and most im
Laura Martin
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
As with all books by this author, there is a majorly missed opportunity for expansion. The plot is solid, characters good, world building excellent, writing good (needs a better proofread - some frustrating layout errors and typos) - but the pacing is too quick! There is room for more development of just about everything, and the ending was wrapped up far too quickly, which was disappointing. Would have been good to see the romance develop at a more realistic pace and be deeper before the HEA(s) ...more
Francesca
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great finally to a fantastic series. I love Kate Avery Ellison's writing and this book lived up to my expectations. She neatly wraps up many of the questions that were opened in the series and leaves the story at a perfect point. I love finishing a story and feeling satisfied with the ending, and this story fulfilled those expectations.

This book is a great read if you are looking for a diversion from everyday life.
Katie Cain
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Disappointed

I was very disappointed with the errors this book contained. I felt like it wasn't even edited. There were characters popping up out of no where. I felt like this could of been better if it was looked at before being released.
Azalea Rae
it was a great book and the ending was perfect
Liz Lane
Sep 01, 2015
YM
Aug 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I've been making up stories since I was five years old, and now I'm thrilled to be able to do it as a full-time job. I have an obsession with dark fantasy, dystopian futures, and Pride and Prejudice-style love stories full of witty banter and sizzling, unspoken feelings. When I'm not writing, I'm creating digital art, reading funny blogs, or watching my favorite shows (which include TVD and BSG). ...more

Secrets of Itlantis (5 books)
  • Of Sea and Stone
  • By Sun and Saltwater (Secrets of Itlantis #2)
  • With Tide and Tempest (Secrets of Itlantis, #3)
  • For Wreck and Remnant (Secrets of Itlantis #4)