Start by marking “The Three Little Pigs: A Nosy Crow Fairy Tale” as Want to Read:
The Three Little Pigs: A Nosy Crow Fairy Tale

The Three Little Pigs: A Nosy Crow Fairy Tale

Based on the award-winning apps, this series of Nosy Crow Fairy Tales is the perfect introduction for pre-schoolers to these classic stories. With simple child-friendly text and bright, modern artwork with lots of fun details, these make perfect read-alouds.

The three little pigs leave home to make their way in the world. The first little pig builds a house made of straw. T
Published March 22nd 2016 by Nosy Crow (first published March 8th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Three Little Pigs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Little Pigs

Start your review of The Three Little Pigs: A Nosy Crow Fairy Tale
Mama Bibliosoph
I'm always looking for a good fairy tale picture book, because, astoundingly, they are almost universally terrible. That is why I'm so excited to have discovered the Nosy Crow Fairy Tales series. Their fairy tale books (Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and The Three Little Pigs), all captivatingly illustrated by Ed Bryan, are extremely successful adaptations.

Because my kids have autism, I'm always straining to avoid fairy tale books that twist the story. My kids still
Pi
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Zawsze lubiłam bajkę o trzech małych świnkach, więc sięgając po tę książeczkę wiedziałam, że będzie treściowo świetna. Byłam wielce ciekawa ilustracji i się raczej nie zawiodłam. Ed Bryan zdaje się instynktownie wyczuwa kreskę, która spodoba się najmłodszym. Może nie jestem tymi obrazkami oczarowana, ale całość prezentuje się bardzo ładnie i estetycznie.
Co do samej treści, którą uwielbiam: CZYTAJCIE! To cudowna opowieść o tym, że to co dobre w życiu wymaga ciężkiej pracy. Piękne przesłanie.
Cindy Petzoldt
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
How many versions of this story are out there? Maybe a gazillion — but this is my favorite. Beautifully illustrated by Ed Bryan, this is a terrific way to introduce (or reintroduce) small children to the classic tale. Kids love huffing and puffing and banging on the door with the wolf, and they’re overjoyed to assist each pig in chanting “Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin” when said wolf attempts to gain entrance to their homes. Love it!
Marie
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can't go wrong with the classic Three Little Pigs story! This version, illustrated by Ed Bryan, has the three little pigs defeating the wolf in a new-to-me and definitely humorous way. Had Joey and I giggling. :) ...more
Charlotte Whiteing
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Classic story but I love the art style and mark making for the textures
Vicki
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
Finally a nice simple version of this classic tale.

The illustrations are very colorful and fun.
Lorraine McFarland
Picture Book.
If you want a great classic telling of this story, this is the right book. No fancy frills, just nice and simple.
Megan
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stem
new ending, wolf only burns himself.
Heather Jo
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: meggie-list
Christine
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: retellings
The illustrations for the book are amazing, but there was no adaptation, or personal style added to the story.
Mary Ann
For professional review.
Silence
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty true to most Three Little Pig stories out there. The illustrations are cute too.
SLoMoe

• Wilfred
  • Who's Who?
  • Walter's Wonderful Web
  • The Way I Feel
  • Old MacDonald Had A . . . Zoo?
  • The Itsy Bitsy Spider
  • Boom! Boom! Boom!
  • Razzle Dazzle: The Battle for Broadway
  • The Paris Secret
  • Our House Is on Fire: Greta Thunberg's Call to Save the Planet
  • RRRalph
  • What If You Had Animal Teeth!?
Ed Bryan has studied industrial design and worked as a 3-D artist, animator, and illustrator on video games. He likes nothing better than making up stuff and coloring it in. Ed Bryan grew up in Suffolk, England, in a house full of home computers and pencils.

News & Interviews