Start by marking “Denton Little's Still Not Dead (Denton Little #2)” as Want to Read:
Denton Little's Still Not Dead (Denton Little #2)

Denton Little's Still Not Dead

(Denton Little #2)

You only live once—unless you’re Denton Little!

The good news: Denton Little has lived through his deathdate. Yay! The bad news: He’s being chased by the DIA (Death Investigation Agency), he can never see his family again, and he may now die any time. Huh. Cheating death isn’t quite as awesome as Denton would have thought…

Lance Rubin’s debut novel, Denton Little’s Deathdate
Published February 7th 2017 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

Start your review of Denton Little's Still Not Dead (Denton Little #2)
Stefani Sloma
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Strange, cringey, hilarious, wonderful, fun. Loved being back with Denton and Paolo (mostly Paolo <3). It got a little over-the-top at times but it was still great.
Erin
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Denton Little's Still No Dead is an original, funny, charming, endearing and smart sequel. It has a brilliant mix of action and comedy with lots of twists and turns.

I highly recommend this series.
Morris
“Denton Little’s Still Not Dead” is a hilarious follow-up to last year’s “Denton Little’s Deathdate.” It features all of the fun of the original with a heaping dose of existentialism. This series is definitely for a certain set of readers. The science of the world is explained a little, but a suspension of disbelief is a requirement. It won’t make you smarter, but it will definitely make you laugh. Highly recommended for the weird readers among us (which includes yours truly).

This unbiased revie
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

FINALLY! More Denton! It seems like I have been waiting forever for this sequel and IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Denton has found his birth mom (yeah, the one he thought was dead) and they are running from the DIA. There was a lot going on with the plot and I loved it. There was so much action and so much of Denton running for his life. I also appreciated the awkwardness between Denton and his birth mom and how he still thought of his
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Chapters read: 6

Unfortunately, much as I enjoyed the first book, I'm not feeling the sequel. I was SO excited about this book, because Denton Little's Deathdate was so charming and funny. The thing is that I had some plot issues, and this book is where the actual plot is. My plot issues are already major and I'm only just over fifty pages into it. I'm also finding the narrative voice much less engaging and funny than in the first book.

This is one of those times where I'm going to pretend the fir
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my opinion in any way.

View this review on Such a Novel Idea!

happy birthday, denton little’s still not dead. glad you made it here.

First of all, you’ll probably want to know what I thought of book one, Denton Little’s Deathdate. And if you don’t feel like reading the whole review, I can sum it up with the first sentence: “I. FREAKIN. LOVED. THIS. BOOK.” Lance Rubin made me laugh about death and the awkwardness o
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Review
I loved the first book Denton Little's Deathdate. It was a different concept and really funny and quirky. I was really excited to see where the author went with this second and final (?) book. The gist of it is Denton lived through is deathdate (YAY) but now is on the run from the Death Investigation Agency (BOO). Hijinx ensue.

In an effort to keep this kind of spoiler free I am going to go over the things I liked in this one without giving anything away.

Denton and Paolo. They have such a
Kai Tomizawa
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I really really didn't want it to end! I loved the relationship between Denton and Paolo, and their banter and schemes are just hilarious. I also really enjoyed the book's complexity and how it wasn't afraid to question the "good side" and call out (view spoiler)
Denton and Paolo made some really dumb decisions and at certain points, I wanted to slap some sense into them. But both characters m
Sharon Roat
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the first book in this series, DENTON LITTLE'S DEATHDATE and was so happy to spend time with Denton again in this sequel. I missed him! I finished early on New Year's Day and it left me feeling all kinds of happy and hopeful. ...more
Samantha (WLABB)
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, ya
Denton's story took such a sharp turn at the end of the last book, and it continued in this one. There was a lot more action and peril in the sequel. But don't worry, Denton was funny. His bromance with Paolo continued to be one of my favorite things in the book, and Denton was still trying to determine if it was better to know when you would expire or if it was better to not know. I was hoping for one thing to happen by the end of the book, but it wasn't a huge disappointment that it didn't.

And
Amanda Tarr
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a good read! Hopefully there’s another book after this!
Lauren Deal
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely one of my most highly-anticipated books for a while now! It has a lot more action than Denton Little's Deathdate, but the characters are entertaining and the plot never stalls. Lots of interesting existential questions in this one too! ...more
Cody Cyboron
When I first picked up this book, I was a little confused because I didn’t read the first one. But after I started to figure things out, I got the flow and was entertained with the comedy, action, and enjoyed all of the relationships between Denton and all of the other main characters.
So, I rated it a ⅘ because I enjoyed it and there is not much to complain about. I really enjoyed the humor and it got me attached to the book early on with the intriguing introduction.
The comedy was really enjoy
Husna
Jun 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, young-adult
This one's a 2 and a half stars, but, once again, I've rounded up (one of my friends said that and I just loved how it sounded. I'm sorry I couldn't find that review again, or I would've definitely given her/him credit).

Honestly, a little less 'WOOSH' than I was expecting. I don't know, after the first book, my heart was soaring and dipping and I just couldn't wait for the next one. Probably because of the long wait, I built up how wonderful it's going to be. And it obviously didn't match those
Nancy
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Truth be told, I was disappointed with this sequel to Denton Little's Deathdate. I listened to an audio edition of the first book, and was amused by Denton and his best friend Paolo, and the circumstances of preparing for their anticipated deaths, but reading the print version of the second book left me feeling flat.

The story picks up after Denton has mysteriously outlived his assigned death date, and meets his bio mom that he thought died on the day of his birth. A conspiracy is under foot, wit
Megan (ReadingRover)
I don’t know what it is about these books but I freakin love them! They’re just so goddamned funny. Dark funny, but totally laugh out loud ridiculous funny. I can’t get enough of Denton, Paolo, Millie and V. Maybe it’s because I’ve been listening to the audiobooks but I’m pretty sure I’d be laughing even if I was just reading these books in print. The author happens to also be the narrator which is usually not a good thing but this guy is phenomenal! The delivery of the things he says is just pe ...more
Alicia
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoyed Denton Little's Deathdate, and especially the humor, then you'll enjoy Denton Little's Still Not Dead. I ended up liking this book more because it had much more excitement and humor whereas the first one was funny, but also quite sad. The story was great and it was fun getting a peek at a different side of Denton, the Denton who lived. ...more
Steph
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book as much, if not more than the first as it kept me guessing until the end. I appreciated it for the same reasons as in the past (see previous review), but it was nice to have a plot more resolved. Also, same interesting, funny characters you will end up very concerned for their well being, which can be frustrating at time. Outstanding series for all ages.
Eileen
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still like the sweet main character. And I still wonder - would you want to know your deathdate?
Jill
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first one! Loved it.
Ava  McIntyre
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is so good! I really enjoyed both books more then I thought I would. I never got bored with either books and really enjoyed Lance Rubin’s style of writing.
L. Hancock
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really only read this for Paolo.
Adam Duclos
This second book wasn't as good as the first one. It was less focused, the beginning was infuriating, the middle was mostly soap opera, and the ending invalidated quite a bit of the preceding story.

Amy Kneece
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Not only is the story outstanding, but the audio book is read by the author, Lance Rubin, which takes it to another level of magnificence. We love you Denton!!!
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Jul) I loved Denton's world in the first book. The concept of knowing your death date from the time you are born is intriguing. Denton is a great kid - he's smart, he's funny, he's insecure, he loves his family, he lusts after his bff's sister Veronica, and his bff Paolo is the only character who is more fun than Denton. At the end of the first book Denton does not die on his death date (sorry if you think this is a spoiler, but honestly, if you look at the title it pretty much gives that away! ...more
Debbie
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first starting reading this book, I was like huh? I did not like it, I wanted to put it down. After a couple of chapters though, I started getting into it. Then after a few more, I was totally into it and glad that I did not put it down.

I did not read the first book in the series and I think that's why it took me a little while to get into it. After I did get into it, I was cracking up. Denton's friend, Paolo and his language was crazy. He was always using the wrong words and his nickname
Amy
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, thank-you-amazon
ARC/Fantasy/YA: The book has not come out yet, so I will try not spoil the book.

I was looking so, so forward to reading this sequel to Denton Little's death ordeal, which, by the way, you need to read the first book to understand a lot of what is going on in this one. I loved the first book. Denton's life in suburbia was hysterical. I thought the author was the next Christopher Moore.

I was disappointed. I was home sick from work and thought this would cheer me up after the hectic holidays. The f
Dustin Sullivan
This is a goofy book with a lot of twists. No real point to it, just something to read to pass the time.
Nina
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, science-fiction
I don't know. Part of the reason I enjoyed the first one so much was because even though it was kind of a weird sci-fi concept, the normal everyday high school life was funny and enjoyable. So I guess since this one was all government conspiracy and weird mom stuff I just didn't connect to it as much. ...more
Chloe (You're a heart attack in black hair dye) Finn
i thought it was gonna be Denton Little's birthdate? Huh. And the publication has been changed???? It said in the end of the last book it'd be out in Fall 2016... ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Literally
  • Purgatorio
  • Inferno
  • Paradiso
  • The Last Harvest
  • How It All Blew Up
  • Back and Deader Than Ever (Monster High, #4)
  • The Ghoul Next Door (Monster High, #2)
  • Where There's a Wolf, There's a Way (Monster High, #3)
  • Can't Look Away
  • The Girls I've Been
  • Price of Duty
  • The Penelopiad: The Play
See top shelves…
Hey there, I'm Lance Rubin.

I wrote the DENTON LITTLE series (now a Snapchat original series) and CRYING LAUGHING, coming in November 2019.

I also co-wrote THE LOST CAUSES OF BLEAK CREEK with Rhett & Link and the musical BROADWAY BOUNTY HUNTER with Joe Iconis & Jason SweetTooth Williams.

I'm from New Jersey. It's a way better state than people give it credit for. I went to Brown University, and no

Denton Little (2 books)
  • Denton Little's Deathdate (Denton Little #1)