Start by marking “Knit Tight (Portland Heat, #4)” as Want to Read:
Knit Tight (Portland Heat, #4)

Knit Tight

(Portland Heat #4)

It’s no secret that Portland, Oregon, has some of best restaurants, shops, and cafés in the country. But it’s the hard-working men who serve it all up that keep us coming back for more...

One of Portland’s hottest young baristas, Brady is famous for his java-topping flair, turning a regular cup of joe into a work of art. Every Wednesday—aka “Knit Night”—hordes of women and
Published April 12th 2016 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Knit Tight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit Tight

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Ouch.

This review physically pains me because I adore Annabeth Albert, and I'm a huge fan of her Portland Heat series. My average rating for her books hovers around 4 stars, and she is one of my auto-buy authors. That being said, this book was pretty disappointing.

I guess this book is a romance, but it felt barely romantic to me. Evren kept Brady at arm's length throughout the entire book, and even at the end I felt like they barely had a friendship going between them. I didn't feel any love, an
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
While I love Annabeth Albert's work and have added two of her books to my Best M/M Romance shelf, this one didn't make me feel all warm and cozy.

The writing is pitch perfect, of course, and I do love the Portland setting, but I didn't fully connect with either MC, particularly Evren.

Brady, a barista, is a good guy. Following his parents' death, he's raising three young kids on his own with little help from his annoying and rather selfish 18-year-old sister.

Evren, abandoned by his conservative
☆ Todd
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it

Okay, somehow this is the second book in a row that I've read where the characters are not at liberty to spend as much time together as they'd like and I can unequivocally say that, no, I do not like that.

Stories with lots of distance and separation during the 'getting to know you' phase make me ragey and don't allow me to mentally invest in the relationship, as I'm not shown how deep their connection runs or why. It's just supposed to have happened. Somehow. Not a fan.

Yes, we're told about a
.Lili.
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
 photo image.jpg1_zpsflm9qehi.jpg

Knit Tight is the fourth installment in the Portland Heat Series by Annabeth Albert. In this fourth book, Brady finally gets his happily ever after. He's at a point in his life where he's stretched thin. He's a 23-year-old who is raising his younger siblings after the death of his mother and step-father. It's during this time one of his favorite customers- Mira is fighting cancer and her nephew Evren comes from New York to Portland to help her.

Right off the bat, I'll tell you if you're going in
Annika
description

Another beautiful, heart-warming comfort read by Annabeth Albert.

I'm a little in love with Albert's writing and her way of telling her stories. Her characters seem so real and you can't help but take an immediate shine to them.
This book was sweet and romantic without being cheesy, a little angsty and tragic, and incredibly sexy, of course.
Just as cozy as its cover.

After having read Status Update a few months back, I knew I wanted to read more books by this author. Her Portland Heat series seemed
Vivian
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fr, ng
Cozy read with some fluffy goodness.

Brady, barista extraordinaire is raising his siblings after their parents are killed in an accident. Life is busy and filled with more responsibilities than the average young twenty-something. Free time--Ha. Extra money-Ha, ha. Though he never regrets his decisions, Brady's got more wishes than fishes.

Evren, the alluring nephew of a local shop owner, visits and during Knit Night Brady and he meet. While there's zings and interest, they're both busy guys and ne
MaDoReader
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Este no me ha gustado tanto :/

El esquema, similar a los anteriores aquí no resuelve. El enamoramiento entre Brady y Ev me ha resultado cero creíble, ¿insta-lust?? Todo el del mundo, pero esos niveles de amor cuando apenas se ven e interaccionan, pues como que no. Ojo, y no hablo de insta-love, que llevan bastante tiempo ya juntos cuando resuenan los ecos amorosos.

Aún así, me leeré el 5 en cuanto salga.
Ami
Knit Tight is the fourth installment in Annabeth Albert's Portland Heat" series. If you haven't read the previous books, no worries, each title can be read separately.

Sometimes, it is difficult to completely love a story when it feels unbalanced -- e.g. you love one character but dislike the love interest. As in the case with this one. It was easy for me to love Brady the barista whom at relatively young age must takes care of his younger siblings. I found him to be such a nice guy, reliable, a
Vallie
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-book-reviews, mm
**3.5 stars**

While not my favourite in the series –nothing holds a candle to Delivered Fast (Portland Heat #3) –the 4th book in the Portland Heat universe was a cute enough read.

Brady is a 23-year old barista with a super complicated family life. His time is limited and his opportunities to date even more so. Lucky for him, one of his regular customer’s nephews shows up to help out in the family store and Brady develops a very serious crush. Evren is originally from Turkey, he has strong family
Xan West
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was ok

I never got over the fact that Evren said he didn't date bisexuals, and was generally full of bi antagonism and stereotypes about bi folks. I especially disliked that he was one of the only characters of color in the book, and had that kind of queer hatred. Because of the bi antagonism, I just couldn't root for him or for them as a couple.

Read my full review on my blog.

Content Warnings (view spoiler)
BWT (Belen)
A sweet, uncomplicated romance with some deeper tones, while this yarn isn't a yawn by any means...it's quite quiet in its tone.

Brady is only twenty three but already learning to live with the devastating loss of his parents in an accident while raising his four younger siblings.

Evren is twenty eight and has moved back to Portland in order to care for his beloved aunt who helped raise him as she battles pancreatic cancer.

The two meet, and though there is an initial attraction on both sides, Brad
Trio
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 100-pgs-or, mm
Very, very sweet. I enjoyed the story on this one...
Renée
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh, mm-romance
I am a HUGE fan of this author, but this story didn't quite do it for me like her other stories. We had a great start while we were introduced to Brady, a 23yo barista with some links back to previous characters in the series. He and his 18yo sister are raising their other 3 siblings after the death of their parents. And every Wednesday evening, a large knitting group of women come into his coffee shop to convene.

It's during one of these "Knit Nights" that a walking wet dream of tall, dark, and
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Ah brace yourself for another angsty addition...

Here Brady and Evren both have the weight of the world on their shoulders, each with many responsibilities and too little time for themselves, let alone for something more.

Being friends is what's decided. Friends who text and call. Friends who kiss. Friends who sex each other up and rely on each other more and more.

This was a bit different in the smex department which other reviewers have commented on. I admit that I too wanted and missed those s
Beebs
3.5! Short and sweet, I haven't read the first 3 books but it read well as a standalone.
Denise H.
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*** Another marvelous, heartwarming story in this lovely series by Annabeth Albert. I have enjoyed other books as well.
* Brady, 23, is a talented Barista, with a bun, and nipple rings, is raising his 4 siblings since their folks died.

I appreciated that our author knew that when kids parents die, the children get a Social Security check to help raise them.

On Knit Night, the ladies descend, and a particular tall, Turkish, handsome man shows up.

He's Mira's nephew, * Evren, 28, who is helping her
Jaime
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 mixed feeling Stars

This was a sweet book full of real life situations and two guys who find a way to be together. Brady is a barista and one day he looks up to see the best looking man he has ever laid eyes on, Evren. Evren is new to town and we find out he has recently moved home to help his aunt run the yarn shop. Well this brings Brady and Evren together frequently as the yarn shop has a regular knit night at Brady's cafe....and from there we watch these two stitch their lives together.
farmwifetwo
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
iva
Where do I even BEGIN with this book. I said it before and I’ll say it again - Annabeth Albert is my personal genie. I asked for a straight character - I got sweet Renee. I asked for bisexual representation - I got Brady. Earlier, I’d asked for short stories of my favorite couples - here they were for free. That woman certainly knows how to completely enchant readers like me.
Brady’s situation is more serious than what other characters from Portland Heat have on their plates - Brady is twenty th
namericanwordcat
I like a great deal about this romance.

Brady is wonderful hardworking young man. He is providing for his family when his world collides with Evern a famous knit blogger who has come home to care for his Aunt and her yarn shop as she fights cancer.

Evern nor Brady have time to fall in love. When they decided its too late this becomes a compelling and kind romance about make room.

However, Evern is really closed in and the aspects of his character like his art and cultural background don't get expl
Georgie
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tag-reviewed
As competently written as all Annabeth Albert's books are, but somehow this misses the mark. The burdens Brady bears - and bears uncomplainingly - are massive, and almost overwhelm the romance. It's a curious love story, with Evren's neuroses undermining the rare moments the lovers have together. Overall, I'm not convinced.
Maria Rose
This fourth story in the Portland Heat series brings together a barista and a knitting designer. (Let's just pause and reflect on the awesome uniqueness of that combination for a moment......okay, on with the review). I really enjoyed the previous stories in this series (which were all food or drink related in some fashion) and we get that link here with Brady, a top notch barista at a Portland coffee shop. When he's not working he's helping his 18 year old sister care for their two younger sibl ...more
Crina (Reading Addict)
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm reading these books out of order, because I had my eyes on them for some time and then I saw this on Netgalley and I decided to grab it. But you can read them like this, because as much as I know they are companions and in each one is a different couple.

This book was like a hot chocolate - not too long or too short, just enough, sweet but not too sugary, hot but not erotica or too graphic and the characters, plot and emotions were in the right amount. I like that none of the characters are
Carra
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Knit Tight is one of those stories that I really did enjoy reading, but still am slightly on the fence about. It has a good, solid plot and interesting characters, and the writing is excellent, something I’ve come to expect from this author. For me, I just did not feel like the connection between Brady and Evren was as intense or strong as I like to see in a romance story, and this is mostly due to my own preferences in the M/M romance genre.

Brady is an amazing guy-taking on so much responsibili
Skye Kilaen
Many lovely moments, but it didn’t come together for me. To start, I had a hard time recovering from the slap of biphobia from one of the main characters. I thought the recipient of said biphobia let his love interest off a little too easily over that. This may not bother other readers as much if they aren’t bi themselves, I guess.
Rachel
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Probably my favourite of the series so far <3
Honeyeater
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance, mm
Today was a good day in my reading life, I finished two books which were exo-bloody-llent.

This was the surprise one. It's a novella and usually this means there is a massive compromise in depth for the sake of sex (and I'm TOTALLY on board with that!). However, in this case, the main characters had a full back story, they had a full current story, there was emotion (I cried) and there was even a lot of slow burn but still some very good sex scenes - don't ask me how the author fit it all in!!?

Hi
Aerin
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series, m-m
Sigh...I don't know what happened here. I know I supposedly read about the romance between Evren and Brady, but this didn't feel like romance at all! Knit Tight felt more like a story about family, caring and being there for each other until the end. And that's a great kind of book, just not what I thought this was supposed to be about, and most importantly not what I've come to expect from Mrs. Albert.

Brady is a famous and talented barista who works long hours and has time only for his family.
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the fourth book in the Portland Heat series and can be enjoyed as a standalone.

Brady is a bisexual barista who's working hard to support his four younger siblings in the wake of the death of his mother and step-father. He's stressed and barely coping when the Knit Night crowd arrives at his cafe in Portland. A beautiful man, Evren, shows up. Turns out Evren's the nephew of Mira--the knitting store owner, and he's gay. And he's got a bi prejudice. His last two boyfriends were either cheat
  • Hard Candy (Bend or Break, #7)
  • Different Strokes
  • Finding Their Way (Restoration, #2)
  • Selfie (Bluewater Bay, #13)
  • To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • Facing the Music (Rosewood, #1)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Lead Me Not
  • Bitterwood
  • Where the Lovelight Gleams
  • How the Cookie Crumbles (Bluewater Bay, #12)
  • Nobody's Hero (Letting Go, #1)
  • Maybe This Time (Whiskey and Weddings, #2)
  • Awkward Silence, Volume 04
  • Once a Charmer (Charmed in Texas, #3)
  • A Guitarist in the Fae Queen's Court (Fae Intervention, #1)
  • Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
  • A Year in the Life (Courtlands - The Next Generation, #1)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

Portland Heat (7 books)
  • Served Hot (Portland Heat, #1)
  • Baked Fresh (Portland Heat, #2)
  • Delivered Fast (Portland Heat, #3)
  • Wrapped Together (Portland Heat, #5)
  • Waiting for Candy (Portland Heat #5.1)
  • Danced Close (Portland Heat, #6)
“We all must make peace with the intersection of our dreams and reality.” 0 likes