Start by marking “Ruthless (Mob Boss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ruthless (Mob Boss, #1)

Ruthless

(Mob Boss #1)

Two years out of college, Angelica Bondesan spends her time working as a barista, keeping in touch with her prodigal brother, and trying to figure out how to bridge the gap with her father, a wealthy real estate developer.

Published August 3rd 2015 by Blackthorn Press (first published July 31st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless, please sign up.

Start your review of Ruthless (Mob Boss, #1)
Taz-xo
I got to just under the half way mark before I returned this for a refund on Amazon.

Please don't be fooled by the blurb and the whole 'mob boss' theme. Nico is nothing more than a boy pretending he's in a charge of a big operation. I was expecting a dark, gritty book. Instead I got a fluffy piece about how he doesn't like certain crimes or guns blah blah blah. What a load of bullshit.

Ruthless...pfft. More like dickless.
Syndi
Jul 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Well Nico is the most polite kidnapper I ever encounter in romance book. Ruthless is typical mafia, stockholm syndrome romance. With the background of family war, Nico and Angel fate crashed together.

I was expecting more drama/ betrayal/ twist on the story. However due to Nico's politeness, the mafia story is sort of tame.

I need more chemistry between the characters. The steamy scenes are not steamy. More like copy and paste from other books.

Overall the romance is OK. Not too bad nor too good
Lindaisa
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I was in the mood for some mob sh*t!

Ruthless didn’t quite hit that spot for me but its was a GREAT improvement from the disaster that was “Raze” which I read earlier this year. But...to be frank, it doesn’t take much to be better than that book to begin with.

Ruthless is about a girl named Angelica who is trying to figure out what she wants to do with herself now that she’s graduated college. She works in a coffee shop and is just going through the motions of life. The only family she has is her
Deborah
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it

The blurb hooked me straight away, I quickly scanned a few of the reviews and they were good so I couldn't wait to start.
Now I'll skip my usual summary since there's already a lot of reviews summarising it better than I could, I'll just give my opinion, which is mixed, very mixed.
As I've said I loved the blurb and the idea behind this book and even though I read this in one sitting I always felt something was missing.
Nico, I liked Nico as a man but he wasn't the character I pictured as the boss
Lana
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books, mafia
5 STARS

Well I love mafia books and this one was just one of my favorite!

Nico Vitale is the head of the Vitale family in NYC.His parents were killed by another faction of the mob and he wants revenge,so Nico abducts Angelica.
Angelica is girl who lives her boring live in big city until the day she was kidnapped and her eyes were opened to many things about herself and her family.

If you are looking for a really dark read this isn't it,but is very good read and has kept me hooked from page one

photo tumblr_ntpz60VWs71utxtpko1_500_zpsb0mwmqzx.gif
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
Oooh I am intrigued. The only crappy part about this series is I'm anxious to see what happens and book 3 isn't out until Oct 22. Boo (commence tears).

photo image_zpslgsccdxv.jpeg

As always full review will come after I read the series.
Snow

4.5 "NICO" stars

God only knows, why I have forgotten to write a review for this...

Forgive me, I actually loved it

No matter how lame it sounds now...I am stunned by my own action LOL

This was actually a very good written story about revenge amongst mafia ranks...involving "the innocent" kidnapping, reluctance and denail, hate and fear mixed with undeniable passion and chemistry...that can only go wrong...
BUT then
how can "wrong" feel so damn "right"

and to follow the wise words...

I'll say...*wink*
Melanie A. ~mostly on hiatus~
A dark read is a hard thing to pull off - I get that. I always try to give authors who go out on a limb the benefit of the doubt. Because really, how would a character react to being kidnapped and held against her will? Only those to whom it's happened to can say for sure. But somehow I doubt the reaction would be non-existent except to comment on how hot the guy in charge is. There's no mention of the tedium of being held in a small windowless room, or how she's suffering after not eating for s ...more
sara j
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars.

Ordinary mafia story.....lost interest after 55% ...however alpha hero has impressive personality in the book...
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

I was sold on RUTHLESS by the blurb. I love a good mafia story and this seemed like something I'd really enjoy.

Angelica Bondesan lives a fairly quiet life. She has few friends and her younger brother is the person she's closest too. So when she finds herself kidnapped one night after work, she confused as to why they took her and what these people want, especially when they keep trying to implicate her father in wrong-doings. It's not unti
mad4rombks
Feb 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Kindle freebie.

Ends in a cliffhanger and because of my absolute hatred for cliffhanger books, I won't be reading the rest of this series.
Angel Payne
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an HONOR and privilege to read a Michelle St. James book! The romance is just as sweeping as all the glamorous international destinations. I love this series SO MUCH.
Home. Love. Books.
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

I love mob books! Which is so weird, since I'm not generally a fan of mob movies, but in books they just work for me. I have to admit though I was a little worried about this one because I knew it started off with basically a kidnapping by our hero on this story, for me sometimes I really hate kidnappings, unless they are written extremely well or there isn't a lot of violence associated with it. Thankfully, the ki
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Rated a 4.5 due to the cliffhanger. Which drove me crazy.

This was my first mob/mafia romance and I loved it even thought there was a cliffhanger and my reaction was NOOOO! So I need to get to the next book so I can find out what is going to happen next.

This book grabbed my interest right from the start. The tension I felt every time something happened kept me from putting it down, except when someone interrupted me :/ There was action every time you turned the page and I don't just me steamy pa
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This is the first book that i have read by this author and it certainly won't be the last as I automatically downloaded the next two books in the series as I JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!

The chemistry between the two when they finally meat for the first time is hot and it continues to be hot all through the book.

We get kidnapping, murder, deception and angst all thrown together and mixed up to keep you gue
Kj
I really enjoy mob romances. This one was no exceptions. Nico was a great hero while Angelica was a slighting annoying heroine. This is not dark gritty mob romance like many expect and want but I enjoyed the read anyway.
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
Review will be up soon on For The Love of Fictional Worlds as part of the blog tour hosted by InkSlinger PR! ...more
Valentina "TinchyB"
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Going straight to next one!
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i am new to Michelle's writing ... found this on my kindle ...sucked right on it ... great quick read. amazing characters ... i always had "Fire with Fire" as well, is it before this read or after? i gotta place that so i will totally understand and all ... i see some similar characters ... i gotta figure this all out .. being new and all. hoping to read more from Michelle very very soon. Must read. so enjoyable. ( ;
Coco.V
Jun 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/11/2020)! 🎁 ...more
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
RUTHLESS is the first book by St James I have read but it will definitely not be the last. It was everything a mafia romance should be. It had kidnapping, romance, action. I absolutely gobbled it up. And why wouldn’t I? It was excellent, well written and had so much romance. Love me some romance

Nico was yummy and had my heart from the start. I loved how he was gentle and ruthless. Fierce and loyal. He is the kind of mob boss I love to read about. Angelica was super sweet and a great character.
Nickcole
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Stars: 4

Overall: Angelica is a normal college girl, when one day she is taken from her job when closing it down and forced into a basement room with no clue why she is there. Slowly information is fed to her about her father and the type of man that he really is. Of course Angel doesn't believe Nico and Luca at first, but once the pieces start to come together and her love grows for Nico she starts to see the situation for what it is. Nico is a man on a mission and he will not rest until justice
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is probably now one of my favorite mafia love books. Nico Vitaly is the head of the Vitaly crime family in NYC. He was the crowned prince. Now with the murder of his family he is now King. Nico is looking for revenge on his family's murder. He know who it is but also he has a mile in his own organization. This is were Angelica comes in. She is the daughters of the man Nico thinks killed his parents. He kidnaps her and has kept her captive. She didn't have a clue that her father was in the S ...more
☆MichelleNicole☆
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book and the idea of it....the only thing I didn't really care for is that it's told in a 3rd.person.
Claudine Van
→ Free for maybe a limited time. Grab your copy now! ←

dark

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

Blurb:

But all of that changes the night she’s kidnapped. Thrown into a windowless room, Angelica is positive there’s been some kind of mistake — until she meets Nico Vitale.

Gor
Space Cowgirl
Rueful😟

This is the story of a politically correct mafia boss! HA!

Nico🐺🔪🔫 is still making money off of people's woes, but he isn't dealing in drugs, human trafficking, or prostitution. The gambling money isn't made from addicts! The premise of this guy is laughable and ridiculous!

Mobster romances are supposed to be about hard as nails mob bosses or their soldiers. They don't take guff from anybody! It's a kill or be killed rough and nasty 🌎world.

Instead, in this book we get a kinder, gentler, mob
Kimberley C.
This was chosen as our January book club novel. I don’t love mob stories, but I gave it a shot, and mostly enjoyed it. There were a LOT of cliched moments, which drove me crazy, but I kept reading anyway. I ended up giving this 2.5 stars, and rounded it up to 3 because I actually really liked Nico. I understood his motivations to be a better mob boss (see? Insert rolling eyes here)
My main problem with the story was Angel. I don’t get it... she clearly had Stockholm Syndrome. Who in their right m
Season
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
LOVE IT, but I wanted a better ending and I do know it is part of a series so it won't end for a little while. Parts were a little drugged out but overall it was a great read. Nico was a great male character, but I want more of him. We need more of what he is thinking.

Angel was smart and yet still vulnerable. I liked them together and look forward to seeing how it all plays out.
Natalie
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Stolen Bride
  • Blood Always
  • Dangerous (Made & Broken, #1)
  • Keep (Romanian Mob Chronicles, #1)
  • The Soldier (Bratva Blood, #0.5)
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Wrecked (The Billionaire's Secret Club ,#1)
  • The Throne of Pain (The Romanos)
  • Alexa: The Ties That Bind (Auction Night, #1)
  • Our Secrets & Lies (Billionaires In Dark Suits #1)
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • Claimed by the Don (Contarini Crime Family, #1)
  • Doctor-Patient Confidentiality: Volume One (Confidential #1)
  • Possession (Explicitly Yours, #1)
  • Courting Innocence (The Courting Series Book 2)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Keenan (Dangerous Doms #1)
Michelle St. James aka Michelle Zink is the author of twenty published books and seven novellas. Her first series, Prophecy of the Sisters (YA), was one of Booklist's Top Ten Debut novels. Her work has also been an Indie Next selection and has appeared on prestigious lists such as the Lonestar List, New York Public Library's Stuff for the Teen Age, and Chicago Public Library's Best of the Best. He ...more

Mob Boss (3 books)
  • Fearless (Mob Boss, #2)
  • Lawless (Mob Boss, #3)

News & Interviews

“she was okay. Nico had been told about the family business when he started college,” 1 likes
“He’d wanted to pull them off, taste her, devour her, own her.” 1 likes