Start by marking “Blueberry Boys” as Want to Read:
Blueberry Boys

Blueberry Boys

Connor Graham is a city boy—a celebrated fashion photographer in New York. When his uncle’s death drags him back to the family blueberry farm, all he wants to do is sell it as quickly as he can. Until he meets his uncle’s tenant farmer.

Jed Jones, shy and stammering, devout and dedicated, has always yearned for land of his own and a man to share it with. Kept in the closet
Published November 28th 2015 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blueberry Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blueberry Boys

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Review removed. This author is a bully and a liar, and I cannot support her work.
Julio Genao
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
so sweet people must ask the author to dabble her fingers in their tea.

gently uplifting, with wonderfully thoughtful touches that made me smile fit to split my face.

a real sweetheart of a story, deceptively simple as it is. i've read it twice already since i saw pieces of it in draft, and both times i found gorgeously tender little touches i hadn't noticed before.

beautiful.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!'

description

What a lovely story this one turned out to be! I think “Blueberry Boys” was my favorite read by this author. It was a sweet and tender love story about two men who despite they are different and live in two different worlds they find love and understanding in each other arms.

Low in angst and drama, “Blueberry Boys” tells the story of Connor Graham who’s a successful New York City fashion photographer. Connor has returned to Blandford to deal with his family blueberry farm after his un
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time

In love....with this book, with the story, with the characters, with the writing.

Love. Simple, easy, genuine love.

I couldn't stop smiling....except for that one time I teared up.

Book perfection.

ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
.Lili.
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: NR Walker fans
 photo image.jpg1_zpsdrldu7mj.jpg

What a lovely story. Have you ever read a book and felt an author's love through her words? Well, I felt it here. This book moved me. This is not a crazy story with wild twists and turns- instead it is a quiet love story between two men who fall in love. Which to be honest- I think are some of the hardest stories to write.

What I loved:

*Jed. He had this quiet intensity and strength to his character. Loved that he wouldn't settle for anything less than what he wanted- what he deserved.
*Connor. Lo
Gigi
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing

What an incredible book! I could not have loved Jed and Connor any more. Both were sweet and kind and decent people who fit together perfectly. I am thrilled with their HEA, but I must admit (view spoiler) That is not to say I didn't love where they ended up. It really didn't matter whe
Vanessa North
Jul 18, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
So, Blueberry Boys released everywhere yesterday, and I'm still all O.O about what to say and how to talk about this book, because it *is* a little different, but then I figure probably I shouldn't say anything and just let you all decide for yourselves. :)

Blueberry Boys is a standalone contemporary romance, and it's a story about home, family, loss, faith, and of course, love. I hope you enjoy it!
xoxo,
V
Viv
Mar 10, 2018 added it
Removing rating. This author has proven to be a bully of the worst kind. I cannot support her in any way.
MLE
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, mm
I received a copy of this book as an ARC from the author because she is nice, and I wanted to read it. No special consideration was given to this book because of that, or because we are friendly on assorted social media platforms. Any stars the author got from me she earned the hard way. I respect her time, and effort too much to bullshit her with false praise.

It was a beautiful Sunday, and I was spending the day at the pond looking for something to hold my interest when I remembered this book.
Jeanne
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jeanne by: *J* Too Many Books Too Little Time

Aww, this book was very sweet, I will admit I even got a little sappy toward the end.

This was my first book by Vanessa North, and I was impressed! I loved the characters, even the side characters had depth. I especially liked Hannah. Something I appreciated about the story was that the two guys were just normal, imperfect guys...and that made their characters and the story feel more real. I know authors in romance tend to write characters with perfect buff bodies ect, but that actually gets old
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

What an absolutely beautiful love story! This is my first Vanessa North book and it certainly won't be my last! The emotive effortlessness of her writing hooked me by the second paragraph.

After years of being away, Connor, now a successful photographer, is back in his hometown. Back to deal with his deceased uncle's blueberry farm. A place that holds a lifetime of memories. Some good, some bittersweet and some he'd love to forget.

The town was a stranger now, though it had shap
Adam
A blueberry farmer and a city fashion photographer. It sounds like an odd pair, but this was so good!

I absolutely loved that the MCs were physically realistic. These two weren't muscle gods with twelve-pack abs, 12-inch schlongs, and jawlines you could cut glass with. They were two regular men, with the common body image issues that come with being human. Connor has a bit of a belly and has dealt with weight and body issues since he was child. Jed has a stammer that hampers his ability to commun
~Mindy Lynn~
Oh, Blueberry Boys.....

Why couldn't I love you like so many others did?

I don't know!
But this is my first book by this author and it might be my only. The flow of the book just didn't work for me. It felt rushed and not believable for me. Sometimes the rush and unbelievable can work for me but I didn't feel the chemistry between the characters. So it fell flat. Not saying that the writing wasn't good, because it was. I just couldn't get in rhythm with the characters or the flow of it. It just did
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Vanessa said "I promise you. Nothing out of your comfort zone. Just a beautiful romance".

Man, did she deliver.

This book contains one of those stories that could easily melt the coldest of hearts. It surely warmed mine and has, almost a week later, kept it warm.

Where the story could have gone full on angst it didn't. It kept a level tone and made you believe and hope and for sure, want.

The writing was as lovely as the author and I am so glad she shared this story with us.

One of the highlights of
Alona
Sep 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Kade Boehme
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was sweet and simple. There were no fancy tricks here, no big bangs. It was... Romance and light (but not fluff, that's an important distinction here). And ye gods, her prose, her writing just made me FEEL and see in my mind's eye so clearly.

In a word, this was beautiful.

PS: Jed. That is all.
Alvin
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book and story overall with likable characters! It's really nice to read about men that don't have perfect bodies...

I just missed how they were attracted to each other in the beginning. And there were some weird story jumps.

4 STARS!
Barbara
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, br
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist

~ Arc provided via Netgalley in exchange for honest review ~

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.
description
We found love on the blueberry field...
description

My 2nd book (High and Tight was the first) by V. North and what a heartfelt story! A story with depth about family bonds, faith, self-discovery and love along with endearing and reletable characters. It was sweet, moving, emotional and inspiring and another thing that stood out for me is the lovely writing style.

Connor Graham, the established photograp
Jonetta
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Men's fashion photographer Connor Graham returns to his hometown in Blandton, Massachusetts to attend his uncle's funeral. He raised him and his brother, Scott, following their mother's death and owns property with a tenant blueberry farmer, Jed Jones. It's Connor's first trip back to the place that holds nothing but bad memories.

Jed's intrigued by Connor, who's always been openly gay, even when he lived in Blandton. Jed's also a sensitive man of faith who's
Ije the Devourer of Books
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A beautiful and gently flowing romance set in rural America.

Connor left his home town for New York and a career as a photographer. The death of his uncle has forced him to return to his home town so that he can settle the estate and sell off the blueberry farm. But the farm is leased to Jed, a gentle stammering man who loves his home town and his life there even though it means he has to live in the closet.

But does he? For Connor his return home ignites memories of life in his home town and reas
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
You can never go home again… or so the saying goes. The place really doesn’t change, but you do. Connor left for the big city and never looked back. Being an openly gay kid in a small town is hard, especially given the assumed time period.
It’s when Connor’s uncle dies and he is forced to return for the funeral and deal with the farm that he faces his sour and unloving brother, who has decided that he needs the money, and that selling the whole farm is in his best interests.

Jed is a beautiful sou
Catherine
Note (added 11/03/2018):

In light of recent events, I can no longer recommend this book to my friends (or any reader, for that matter).

However, my Goodreads review space provides me an opportunity to rate and review books, expressing how they made me think, feel, question, or react at a particular moment in time. Sometimes, I use my review space to share stories about my life or comment on the world around me, drawing comparisons between myself and the characters and plot lines that I read abou
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Rating and review removed.
Vicki
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet story about two not so perfect people that find each other. The epilogue was beautiful. :)

*ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Karen Wellsbury
Review removed
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Vanessa North’s books are always such quite wonders, studies of melancholy with superb characterization. The honesty of her prose makes her books a rare find, and her rich style consistently leaves me in awe. Her two-book Lake Lovelace series is one of my genre favorites, and Blueberry Boys easily joined that list.

On the surface, this seems like a fairly simple story about two men with deep hurts and a whole lot of love. But once Vanessa North starts exploring those hurts, all kinds of things co
Denise H.
*** A very different M/M story of a photographer and the farmer, *** which will capture your heart. I know it's called Blueberry Boys, but they are grown men, 40-ish, and it's a wonderful romance. Connor is now a city dweller, gay, successful photographer

of men's fashion, and his personal endeavors.

He comes home to his roots for a funeral.
Slender, tall, Jed, is leasing Connor's Blueberry Farm and loving it.

He's close to family, church, and can make things grow, but his stutter and being clo
Meags
3 Stars

This was just the unassuming romance I needed to lift my spirits. Beautifully written and full of richly developed, relatable characters; I couldn't help but root for Connor and Jed's happiness. Overall, a lovely story.
Amy
Jul 18, 2015 added it
Rating and review removed. I will no longer support this author.
The Backlot Gay B...: Blueberry Boys, by Vanessa North 1 8 Dec 26, 2015 08:10PM
BR with friends! Monday 07.12.2015 16 21 Dec 14, 2015 01:45AM

• Lead Me Not
  • Winter Oranges
  • Every Inch of the Way (The Professor's Rule, #4)
  • Selfie (Bluewater Bay, #13)
  • When to Hold Them (Bluewater Bay, #9)
  • Patchwork Paradise
  • Payoff (Market Garden, #6)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 5 (Dark Soul, #5)
  • How I Met Your Father
  • Trowchester Blues (Trowchester Blues, #1)
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • The Bible Boys
Author of over a dozen novels, novellas, and short stories, Vanessa North delights in giving happy-ever-afters to characters who don’t think they deserve them. Relentless curiosity led her to take up knitting and run a few marathons “just to see if she could.” She started writing for the same reason. Her very patient husband pretends not to notice when her hobbies take over the house. Living and w ...more