Start by marking “Blood Brothers (Dead Man's Rule #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Brothers (Dead Man's Rule #2)

Blood Brothers (Dead Man's Rule #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
In this intense sequel to Dead Man's Rule, Karl and Gunnar Bjornsen have built a pharmaceutical empire from the ground up. Now they are developing a revolutionary new drug, a neural stimulant that increases strength and intelligence, but its potential for success is rapidly destroying them. Warring for control of the company and the drug, Karl sues Gunnar, and Gunnar hires ...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Kregel Publications

To ask other readers questions about Blood Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Brothers

skw
Disclosure:

I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. Goodreads encourages, but does not require, winners to review the books they've won.

Review:

I really liked this book. It's #2 in a series about attorney Ben Corbin. I read #1 before I read this book. I don't really think that's entirely necessary, but I'm wired that way, so there you go. I will be on the lookout for book #3. I hope it's even half as good as these two. They kept me on the edge of my seat from about the 60% mark on.

Our hero is a r
Amy Wofford
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Court room drama! Love it

Tgis book was very well wrote and the narrator did an amazing job with narrating the story. I usually an not a fan of court room dramas but Rick Acker definitely adds aot of extra drama around the court room.
Lghiggins
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Satisfying. Blood Brothers by Rick Acker is satisfying. That may not sound like much of a compliment, but it really is--the same way that an excellent meal is satisfying. When I finished the book, I found the ending had come at the right time and in the right way without being predictable. Through Acker’s writing I had experienced just the right amount of excitement and intrigue within a framework of our legal and investigative systems and a background of scientific research. There was even a to ...more
Nora St Laurent
Apr 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone It's a real eye opener
Reading this fast legal suspense story, “Blood Brothers” was like being buckled into an intense thrill ride. You know the kind. The extremely amazing roller coaster ride with all its surprises, twists, turns, ups and downs. I just couldn’t put this book down. I kept reminding myself “This is just Fiction” (breathe)! What was so unnerving to me was the story line about the pharmaceutical companies and how they rule the world! (or would like to). It was fascinating and scary all at the same time w ...more
Don Maker
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
In a lot of ways, “Blood Brothers” (unfortunately, not a good title for this) is a lot like a John Grisham novel, only more intricate. You can read the synopsis, so I won’t bother. It is clear Rick Acker did his homework on a lot of subjects, based on his own background in the California DA’s office, and all of the details about the pharmaceutical industry, the rich broads who run society charities, the law, and even the stories about the berserkers, sound authentic. The plot keeps moving, and i ...more
Jeri
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and methodical at turns

I won this book as a result of the Goodreads giveaway. There are parts of the book that hold your interest and sprint right along and others where they creep along. I especially loved the trip to Norway and references to sights there. Enjoy.
Brent Soderstrum
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first book of the series dealing with Ben Corbin called Dead Man's Rule but this one is even better. I am a litigation attorney and Rick knows his stuff. He covers the courtroom action with flair to make the ordinary exchanges between the parties and the court exciting. There were twists and turns in the legal action and the story which I always enjoy. I hope we have more adventures of Ben Corbin to read in the future.

In this adventure, Ben is representing Gunnar, one of two Russia
Olivia Farr
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways-ebooks
"Blood Brothers" is a well written litigation thriller about the Bjornsen brothers and a new drug called Neurostim. Ben, an independently wealthy attorney who takes very select cases, it's approached by Gunnar Bjornsen for representation in a lawsuit to get the key steps to make Neurostim after he has been forced to step down as president and CEO. Karl, his brother, is the shady other side of the case. Complete with PIs, questionable deaths, and shady science, thus is an intriguing book.

I really
Joann
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-wins
Great legal thriller

I really enjoyed the characters and the interesting medical/legal/criminal story line. I love the redemption that comes at the very end (I will leave it that, so as not to spoil it). I did think the speedy jump in the main conflict at the Norwegian company could have been drawn out a bit for clarity, but it sure had the element of surprise.

I did receive this book for free through Goodreads advance reading program.
Marliss
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I know what "berserk" means now... Both Dead Man's Rule and this book deal with just-inside-the-realm-of-possibility biological issues. This book totally fits in with the current climate of doing the best one can to forestall aging and be in the best possible physical condition as long as possible.

There was some gruesomeness, just so you know, but it was handled very well, in my opinion.

As with the first in this series, the characters are well-drawn and deep. Enjoyable read.
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sucks you in

Great book! Many winding roads throughout the plot and character development. Surprises, dead-ends, and questions in every chapter. Completely caught off-guard by religious undertones, but enjoyed their added layer of interest.
Won this book on goodreads.com
 Katy
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOOOOOOOOVE it, really fast-paced although it took me 3 months to finish it (thanks to exams).

Recommended to all :)
Carla
Blindingly fast paced read, intricate plot and characters made this an entertaining and memorable novel. Loved the twists and arcs of the characters make along the way. High recommend.
Lamar Jackson
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one interesting drama novel and this keeps up the pace till the very end, I want to recommend this to friends!
Benjamin
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway, kindle
***THIS BOOK WAS RECEIVED FROM A GOODREADS GIVEAWAY***
Even though I don’t usually read books in mid-series, I’ll make an exception for a book I receive for free. Fortunately, I was able to deduce what happened in book 1 of the Dead Man’s Rule series just based on the context of the characters’ interactions. In fact, I’d probably like to read Dead Man's Rule , since it sounds like it was a pretty exciting plot. Of course, I’ve found legal thrillers like this one to be pretty stand-alone, which h
Ben
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good legal thriller

Blood Brothers was a good, if somewhat low-key, legal thriller.
By "low-key" I mean that the trial was not one with sudden tricks and traps or startling revelations. It was workmanlike; no Perry Mason moments. The reason for the civil trial which was an argument over the control of a pharmaceutical company between two brothers,one forcing the other out. The other trying to regain control. Behind it all: the development of a new drug , a brain stimulant that could give people su
Heather H
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc
I won this book through the Goodreads Giveaway.
Robert
rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2017
Amy
Nov 18, 2010
  • Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
  • House of Wolves (An August Adams Adventure, #2)
  • Try Darkness
  • A Pagan's Nightmare: A Novel
  • City of the Dead (Seven Wonders, #1)
  • The Blessed (The Gifted, #3)
  • Painted Dresses
  • Be Strong & Curvaceous (All About Us, #3)
  • Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury, #1)
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Coming Unglued (Scrapbooker's Series #2)
  • The Sound of Red Returning (Red Returning Trilogy #1)
  • The Moon in the Mango Tree
  • Deadly Justice
  • Journey to Redemption
  • The Bishop's Daughter
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
Rick Acker writes novels during his commute to and from his "real job" as a Supervising Deputy Attorney General in the California Department of Justice. His unit prosecutes corporate fraud lawsuits of the type described in the #1 bestseller, WHEN THE DEVIL WHISTLES, which award-winning author Colleen Coble describes as "a legal thriller you won't want to miss!"

Rick has led investigations and lawsu
More about Rick Acker...

Dead Man's Rule (2 books)
  • Dead Man's Rule (Dead Man's Rule #1)