Start by marking “For The Night (Luna, #1)” as Want to Read:
For The Night (Luna, #1)

For The Night

(Luna #1)

A rule I don’t intend to break…
They know me as Luna. We meet. We spend the night together. Then we never see each other again. That’s my rule and I’ve never been tempted to change my mind…until him.

A man who wants me to fulfill his every desire…
He meets me as Luna, unaware that he’s met me before as another. And when I realize he’s poised to take away the one thing that m/>
Kindle Edition, 1st, 58 pages
Published January 14th 2014 by Stoked Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about For The Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For The Night

Pam
3 stars
I crave touch often; I need it.

At twenty-three, Jocelyn spends her days slaving away trying to keep her business afloat, but at night, is when Luna comes out to play. Changing her appearance and luring men for one night of bliss is all she needs, until a man picks her up when she falls. He is everything she wants but doesn’t need, how could he be interested in Jocelyn when he’s already experienced Luna ??? Is she willing to play this game with him, when she has other things that require herstars
Julie Anne
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!

You did not end it just like that C. I hate you! I'm loving Tobias and now I feel like you deprive me of him.

I didn't expect it to be so short but I effin love it.
Pleeeeeeeeease give us MORE Tobias now!

I like the mysterious vibe here. I'm hoping its a paranormal romance. Been waiting to read something like that in ages. I love paranormal romance so I'm crossing my fingers.

Thank you for sharing this book with me. So excited for the next on
Darby
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, romance
I love this author. I adore this smoking hot novella. I am looking forward to the series. There are so many places this could go-- is it going to be super-natural or a contemporary romance? I am enjoying the the questions and looking forward to learning the answers as the series unfolds. It has a super-natural vibe but there is nothing that has happened. Read it and enjoy it.

To the author: Congrats and thank you for sharing your stories with me.
Megan
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I haven't read too many novellas, so I was surprised how quickly I got into the story and the characters. It's definitely racy!
The book ends with a cliffhanger, and I can't wait for the rest of this story!
Dana
Shelves: arc, cliffhangers, novella

First off let me just say that I need the next book NOW!!!! Anyway now that I got that off my chest....

Jocelyn Bates loves sex, but she's not interested in a relationship so she creates her alter-ego "Luna" for all her one night stands. Its working great until she spends the night with Tobias as Luna and everything changes!

I don't want to give too much away so definitely go read i
Christa Simpson
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy free read. Excellent writing that's guaranteed to make you swoon.

Luna thinks she knows what she's doing. She has her way, and it's been getting the job done for her... until him. From the moment Tobias drives into Luna's life he presses her buttons and coaxes her beyond her comfort zone, swaddling her with his passion. He's the complete package and I can't wait for more of him.

I'm sure once you realize just how delicious this erotic romance is, you'll be lining up for the next instalment.
Dasarae Dibella
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now this is what I'm talking about! The concept for this story is so good..who wouldn't want to have this type of life style and be able to alter herself into looking different and taking on a whole new persona?!
This book is the perfect length to sit, relax and finish all at one time and still give you the excitement and storyline you're looking for.
Love erotic novels and this is another to add toy favorite collection..just can't wait until the next one!
I would recommend this to any
Danielle Taylor
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need more, like, five minutes ago!

Violet Haze is incredible and I can already tell I'm going to get all of her books. *Fans self* Makes me wonder if she's done this sort of thing before! The first installment of Luna's sexy tale takes you straight into a steamy and fulfilling encounter with Tobias. I can't wait to find out what happens next! And, by the way, Ms. Haze, WHERE THE HECK can I get myself a Tobias?!?!?!
Maria
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luna craves a man's touch, her one rule, only once. Once she's with a man she never sleeps with him again. But when Tobias, a man who doesn't realize he knows her in her life away from "Luna" gives her everything she ever wanted in the bedroom she panics and runs. Now he's in her diner offering to help but what are the stakes?

Fun, hot, and steamy this is an introduction to the series and I'm excited to see where it leads. Great short novelette.
Moon Reviews
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received it in exchange of an honest review...And I loved it!!!! I can't wait for the second book!! Very well written with such an interesting story that you can't pull out, great characters and sexiness that makes your heart drop, i loved every minute of it!!! So much that I didn't want the book to end!!! This is a hell of a sweet ride!!! Two thumbs up !!!!
Rachel Hicks
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is intended for a mature audience only! It was short and sweet and left me wanting more. I really like this story. It was very short but gave you enough info. It did abruptly end but left you wanting to know more. I cant wait to read more from this series.
April Hesler
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, sexy, daring.

Jocelyn by day, Luna by night.
Jocelyn is quiet, drab, conservative... She's taken over her father's diner and is trying to keep it afloat.
Luna is appealing, ballsy, in touch with her desires... She doesn't do relationships, she gets what she needs and moves on.
One man discovers her secret, she doesn't want to want him, need him... but he has her coming back for more, something no one has been able to do.

The only reason I rated this a 4 instead of a 5 i
Lady
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Over Her Head

This series must be read in order. This is the first book.

This book was definitely a novella but was totally worth the read! The main character is witty and laughs as much at herself as she does at the world around her. She has a unique perspective on life and owns her own choices. I found her both amusing and inspiring!

If you are looking for some tame romance this book is NOT for you! This book can only be described as erotica even though it h
C
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start this out by saying I LOVED where this story at least seems to be heading, I can't wait to find out more to the story in the NEXT INSTALLMENT. I love that this was a short read it hooked me good and now I crave more. It has sexual tension, desire, wanting, needing, you name it. It also has a way of working into your heart as you unfold the life of Luna aka.....open it and read to find out more! LOVE THIS !!!!
Denise
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**
I loved this novella. I enjoyed how this story unfolded. Luna is a great character. I like her attitude. Very good hot and steamy moments. Well written. I look forward to more stories in this series. A great add to your tbr list.
Mary
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful start to a series. The chemistry and dialog between the characters is fabulous with off the charts, steamy sex scenes. Really like that Luna is a tough independent female trying to keep her Dad's dream alive. Excited to start part 2 to see how this relationship unfolds.
Jennifer B
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this short, quick read. It grabbed my attention and held it and I'm positive it will grab yours too. Hot scenes, sexy and funny characters, a great story line and 1 fabulous Author that put it all together. What more could you ask for?
Amy
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short n sexy...
Caryn Watson Watz Books and Teasers
Awesome start to this series smoking hot and addictive can't wait to read the rest.
Amanda
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good book about a woman finding her "TRUE Love"
Nancy Richards
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple, I LOVED IT. thank you for an amazing short sweet story
L.A. Miller
My review is mixed. I did enjoy this book and it kept my attention from the beginning to the end. The characters came to life despite how short this is (52 pages) and while there is enough sex scenes in this book to add spice the author didn't rely on the scenes to keep the reader interested. So why such a low rating?

I think the author is a good writer but this story has been done now so many times before, rich guy comes to the aid of struggling heroine facing financial ruin. The price to save
Sue
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~ I was given this book in exchange for an honest review ~

Wow...I don't usually get too excited about these short little stories that are not even really long enough to be called a novella, but are more like a delicious appetizer that leaves you shouting for the main course! It was so good, so engaging, so sexy that I was furious when it just ended...just like that...the big cliffhanger from hell.
"Luna" lives for the one night stand...wearing a wig and offering no chance for a
A. Payne
** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

3 Stars on GR, 4 on Amazon - Liked it

This style of novella is not my usual read. That being said, if you're looking for a quick and steamy read then you'll enjoy this short book. If you're looking for a deep and complicated plot, this may not be for you.
As the first in a series of short novellas, not much is resolved and the ending left me unfulfilled.

(view spoiler)** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

3 Stars on GR, 4 on Amazon - Liked it

(view spoiler)

Jessica
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally enjoyed this book. It gives you a look in the life of a woman searching for something that she has been able to find in all of her encounters. There wasn't heavy sexual contain in this book and it is more a PG rating for me but it was enjoyable. The characters both have a past which connects them to one another but Luna has no idea. Will she trust a man who knows more about her than she knows about him and will she surrender her heart? Those are the questions that I need answer therefo ...more
Kim
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the storyline, it has great potential.
There is a nice mix of humor, mystery, and a few steamy scenes.

I find the characters interesting and look forward to learning more about them. The writing style is smooth and the transitions are good. It was a bit short for my tastes, but it was a nice quick read before bed.
C. D. Melley
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew one night stands could turn into a prospective relationship?

The chance meeting between Jocelyn and Tobias turns into one of Jocelyn's patented one night stands, but there's more than a spark between the two that builds, and I am intrigued to find out how this relationship will grow.

A stellar debut by a wonderful up-and-comer, Violet Haze.
Angela
11 February 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle

Okay, I admit, the only reason I got this is because the blurb says: He meets me as Luna, unaware that he’s met me before as another.

And I want to know how the hell that's possible? Is this like Clark Kent and no one can seem to figure out he's Superman, because he's wearing glasses...
Amanda Putansu
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You get sucked in and then cliffhanger!!

I like this because it gets to the point but you still feel like part of the story... so much so that when it picks up right at the end you keep flipping praying they really didn't leave you at such a scene! if it were a physical book instead of my kindle I might have thrown it! great read but short
T.N. "Tomara"
It was a bit short which leaves you wanting more, but just enough to keep you interested. I enjoyed it, and the "end" was definitely a twist I wasn't expecting. I'm looking forward to reading the next installment.

• The Token 2 (The Token, #2)
  • SEAL Endeavor (SEAL Brotherhood novella, #1.5)
  • Bent Over Screaming (Slave to the Desk Book 1)
  • Endless Love: Book 1
  • Broken Souls (Broken, #3)
  • The Assignment 1
  • Heart You (Roommate Romance, #1)
  • Lost Without You (Lost, #2.5)
  • Temptation Road (Temptation Road, #1)
  • Speed Of My Heart
  • Dirty Nights, The Novel
  • Recourse (The Arrangement, #1)
  • Dominic (The Disciples Of The Damned, #1)
  • His Secret Desire 1 (His Secret Desire, #1)
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Blurred Lines: Volumes 1-4 (Blurred Lines, #1-4)
  • Smoking Holt (Tryst Island, #3)
  • Carson's Night (Stonebrood Saga, #1)
Violet Haze is a big fan of writing & reading romance. The autistic mother of one, she currently lives in Ohio and is self-employed. When not working or writing, she spends her days reading, procrastinating, & listening to her son play video games she doesn't understand, at all.

Luna (3 books)
  • What He Desires (Luna, #2)
  • All Our Lives (Luna, #3)