Start by marking “The Fabergé Entanglement” as Want to Read:
The Fabergé Entanglement

The Fabergé Entanglement

Sabinne ‘Saber’ Darrieux’s father, the billionaire CEO of Frontenac Global Security has been kidnapped. His ransom is not cash in a numbered offshore account, or a briefcase of Bearer Bonds but something utterly unique, incredibly valuable, and until recently, hidden away from the world.

The kidnapper seems to know Saber very well, and knows that the next day, through her
Published July 13th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Fabergé Entanglement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fabergé Entanglement

Start your review of The Fabergé Entanglement
Elaine
This is a superb romantic suspense with two brilliant lead characters. Sabinne Darrieux (aka Saber) is an elite translator, working around the world with some very powerful people. She's also the daughter of the CEO of a global security company and when he's kidnapped she's the one required to obtain and deliver the ransom - and she'll need to steal it to do so. Little does she - or the kidnapper - know but the same object is being sought by British Intelligence agent, Adrian Steele, as hidden i ...more
E.
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it

“The Faberge Entanglement” by Lesley Meryn and Elle Brookes is a romantic suspense story that centers around Saber Darrieux, a woman of many talents, who crosses paths with Adrian Steele and attracts his attention on several levels, especially when she prevents him from achieving his goal of retrieving a sensitive piece of information. The cat-and-mouse game that ensues spans countries and requires that layers of deception be uncovered and dealt with as each of them races against the c
Martha
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This has lots of 'James Bond' type action with sizzling chemistry between the characters. My rating 4.25.

Sabine is a beautiful, captivating woman who would rather be respected for her skills than her looks. Her family built its fortunes on thievery, but her father has moved the family businesses into legitimate fields. Sabine is one of their experts in security services and works as an elite translator when she is not accessing and improving security systems.

Sabine’s father has been kidnapped an
Angela Thompson
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Short chapters speed things along. As I picked up the book, I raised an eyebrow at the number of chapters. A book with over 100 chapters? Yes. As I began to move through the chapters, I realized that each chapter ranged from only a couple of paragraphs to a few pages. This made it difficult for me to settle into the story or feel that I knew the characters until well into the book--but, it certainly kept the action and adventure going quickly to keep me turning the pages. I felt that I was const ...more
Emilie Sovis
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Fabergé Entaglement is a spy thriller that will most certainly sate the palate of fans of the genre. With a mix of seductive danger and forbidden romance, The Fabergé Entanglement starts intense and only increases the pressure as time goes on. Following the converging stories of two driven masters of subterfuge, the pace is very quick and the action is intense.

I personally found the chapter pace perhaps a bit too quick for my tastes; new chapters begin sometimes a page and a half after the
Marta Tandori
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Faberge Entanglement is a high-octane and totally entertaining spy thriller by talented writers, Lesley Meryn and Elle Brookes that will have lovers of the genre anxiously flipping the pages in their quest for a satisfying ending – and spoiler alert – it doesn’t disappoint!

Sabinne (Saber) Darrieux is a high-level translator and daughter of a billionaire CEO of a global security firm, Frontenac Global Security. She is shocked to learn that her father has been kidnapped and in order to save hi
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was looking for a fun book to read and The Fabergé Entanglement was very entertaining! It's been awhile since I read a romantic suspense novel and this one did not disappoint.

Sabinne, otherwise known as Saber, is suddenly thrust into a ransom situation when her father is kidnapped and she must steal a very valuable Fabergé egg and deliver it to release him. But on the night she plans this heist, she runs into a problem when she encounters another intruder trying to steal the same egg! That int
Marilyn Wilson
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love reading a wide range of books from spy to murder mystery to science fiction to biography. The biography is for when I want to explore the lives of others. The rest all fall into what I call escape reading. They take me away from my daily grind by drawing me into their plot. None do that better than one with international intrigue combined with a touch of romance. The Fabergé Entanglement does just that.

Here we have a talented, smart, independent professional woman - Saber Darrieux - a gre
Jessica Bronder
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sabinne “Saber” Darrieux’s family became wealthy with less than honorable means. But today they run a worldwide tip of the line security business. Saber is trying to make a break from the family business and is a top of the line translator. But then her father turns up kidnapped and held for ransom. The price? At a function she is going to attend she needs to steal an Object.

Adrian Steel is a British Intelligence agent that has just learned that his friend has been murdered. He decides to step u
Angela
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I tried not to finish this too quickly, but it was such a good read! I immediately loved the main character, Saber, and when Steele came along, I was hooked! The chapters are very short which is why there are so many. Don't fret.

Without giving too much away, I'll say that the very beginning was hilarious and I actually double checked that I'd clicked on the right book from my library. (Cy and Saber need a series of their own!) But from there, it quickly took a drastic turn with a lot more to the
Carla
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

The Faberge Entanglement is an exciting, suspenseful, sexy novel from start to finish. We have two very strong, smart, sassy and sexy main characters, Saber and Steele. I loved them both equally, Saber especially. It isn't too often that you find a female main character who is so powerful, smart and an incredible fighter like her. She holds her own throughout this story and I really enjoyed the power struggle between her and Steele.

The plot line itself was pretty exciting and changes as we learn
David Watson
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Being the daughter of a billionaire isn't easy, Sabinne Darieux has had to put up with threats and several times her father hired people to watch her. This time Sabinne has a different problem, her father has been kidnapped. In order to get him back Sabinne has to steal an object and deliver it to the kidnapper.

Sabinne has competition though there is also a British Intelligence agent by the name of Adrian Steele trying to steal the same object. If that doesn't complicate things enough then the m
Debra Schoenberger
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Remember those Marvel comic movie intros where the comic book pages are flipping really fast?  This action packed "James Bond picks a fight with Catwoman" (aka Steele and Saber) novel is just that.  To be honest, there wasn't a lot of character development at the beginning of the book, just two gorgeous super-smart people lustily duking it out over a valuable Faberge egg.  This improves slightly as the storyline continues and we are thrown from one hair-raising adventure after another.

The storyl
Elisha
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I love suspense and thrillers but romantic thrillers are still a bit new to me. This was a great one to break the ice with. I could not put this read down. I really liked Sabinne and was a bit jealous of her transliterate skills! I would think that normally, when someone is kidnapped it is (I know, cliché) normally the female main character or supporting character with the male main character coming to save her. Excerpt that this story does not exactly follow that story-line. I loved the fast-pa ...more
Cheryl
Nov 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is a book that It sounded really good but I never got to that point. Although, the chapters are very short like one to three pages long; which made the reading go by quicker. Before, I knew it I was already a third of the way into the story. Yet, there was nothing exciting that had transpired within these first one pages or so. It felt like I was missing something as if this was the second book in a series. So, the authors felt like they did not need to speed the story along with action or ...more
Jessica
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is endless thrilling and oh the best

I enjoyed reading this book from the first page up to the end. It is so thrilling and oh the best action book I read so far this year. I loved how smart and so quick Saber is. This girl is the bomb. She is so amazing. I loved how talented and skillful she is. She is my favorite character and Steele too. These two are so insatiable for each other. Reading this book reminds of me a James Bond movie, full of actions and intense situation. The book is
Sherry Lynn
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat and rooting for the romance.

There is a little language that might turn you off. But keep reading. The story/plot line is worth it.

The reader takes a ride with Saber and ends up with rooting for Steele as the romance smolders and the sparks fly.

You'll be on a thrilling ride. I love a good suspenseful thriller with just a hint of romance. The Fabrege' Entanglement is a thriller ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat. You
Leila
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to admit, this read started out a little confusing but it quickly picked up. I am finding that one of my new favorite genres are thriller with a hint of romance. The romance just makes things so much more fun!

This was definitely an edge of your seat read while there were many characters all going after the same object. And when you thought things were starting to be in the clear – something else happened.

I loved the mystery behind the entire story and following Saber and Steele.

I couldn’t
Dawn
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

I haven’t read many spy novels, they’re not usually one of my favorite genres, but I’m glad I read The Fabergé Entanglement. It is full of action and I never knew what to expect. There’s also sexual tension between Steele and Saber which makes it more interesting.

If you’re looking for a book with character development, this is not the book for you. There’s not much here. I didn’t
Vinay Leo
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5* actually.
Review at A Bookworm's Musing

The novel has pace because of the short chapters structure, but that structure doesn't help in following the storyline or getting the character sketches, I feel. I liked the characters of the main protagonists though, and the plot itself is quite well thought out. I think it would appeal to quite a few readers because of the mix of romance and spy-thriller. And I can imagine watching it on TV one day perhaps. Good luck to the authors and the book. I ho
C. Gonzales
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this one really delivers in many areas. This was the perfect curl up and get lost in a book type of novel. I think that everything from the writing style, plot, to the characters and the mystery that kept me guessing was expertly done. I really enjoyed getting away for a bit with this one!
There is a great balance between the Action/Suspense part of it and the Romance. I found myself one the edge of my seat the whole way through, and being wrong quite a bit, while laughing out loud. A Great
Esther Haddie's Haven
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very interesting & intriguing

When I read the synopsis of this book I was very interested in checking it out. It is definitely one of those books that makes you think and come up with theories of what might happen. The authors are new to me, so I am not familiar with their style, but they are subtly distinguishable, in terms of knowing when the writing styles switch. Very enjoyable reading.
Gina Stamper
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic Mystery. This one is a definite page turner. The Authors did a great job of providing the reader with a balance between the Suspense and Action and Romance along with keeping true to the setting and theme.
Their characters are well developed and read like real people.
Great Suspense and Mystery. Definitely kept me guessing.
Barbara
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book will keep you guessing, mystery, spies, a Faberge egg and two people Sabinne ‘Saber’ Darrieux and Adrian Steele, a British Intelligence agent both have a reason to be after the Faberge one to honor a friend and the other to save their father. A story that kept me on the edge of my seat I had to know what was going to happen. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Cami Hensley
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, suspense
Meryn and Brookes have characterization down to a science. Their characters really run the show and make the story so fun to read about.

This was a very action packed Suspense that definitely kept me flipping pages. There were surprises along the way that definitely shocked me. Anything but predictable.

Great pacing and a well written storyline.
Samantha Turley
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, suspense
Real and Vivid. I liked the way that Meryn and Brookes wove their tale.

Characterization was huge in this novel. The characters were all very well developed and had their own motivations and faults. It made them seem more real to me as the reader.

I also really liked the flow of this novel and the way the Suspense and Action unfolded. It felt very smooth.

Ever Leigh
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic Romantic Suspense. The Authors have done a great job of providing the reader with a balance between the Mystery and Suspense and the Romantic Element / Action.

The characters are well developed and read like real people.

A Smooth moving plot with a mystery that kept me flipping pages to the very end. This one is a definite page turner.
BookLover1990
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, intriguing and perfect. I love this book and the dynamic between characters. I love this authors writing style and cannot wait to read more by her. I recommend this book and know you will not be disappointed.

R.K. Emery
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are plenty of twists along the way that will keep the reader on their toes. The suspense aspect was very well done.

The romance was a great touch and helps to lighten the mood in many areas.
Becky
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
The spy world can be very unforgiving. Steele has always made sure he never get to anyone.  When one of his only friends turns up dead, it becomes very personal.  Gerry has hidden some information in a very collectable piece of art that worth over 30 million dollars and Steeles mission is to obtain it at any cost.  He soon finds out that he's not the only one after it.
Saber, the daughter of a paranoid, multi-billion dollar security company founder, has her eyes on the same prize, but for a very

• First Crush, Last Love
  • Awoke: The Want Series (Book 1)
  • The Sky Throne (The Sky Throne #1)
  • Halloween is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #11)
  • Life Long
  • Beyond Love (Beyond, #2)
  • Twofer Murder