Start by marking “Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)

Blackmail Boyfriend

(Boyfriend Chronicles #1)

Sometimes, blackmail is the only weapon a girl has…

Haley Patterson has had a crush on golden boy Bryce Colton for ages. But when she hears a rumor that he hooked up with her she gives him a choice: be her boyfriend for a month to show other guys that she’s dateable—despite her overprotective and very intimidating brothers—or deal with the angry, cage-fighting boyfriend of
Published August 11th 2015 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (first published August 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Blackmail Boyfriend, please sign up.
Camille If you like the good girl type of character who goes after what she wants and has the balls to blackmail the popular guy to get it while also being an…moreIf you like the good girl type of character who goes after what she wants and has the balls to blackmail the popular guy to get it while also being an honors student and a volunteer at an animals shelter, and the rich popular guy who thinks money is the only important thing in life(but not because that's who he is, just because no one, NO ONE AT ALL, ever told him otherwise) and who doesn't want to get beat up by the boyfriend of a girl with whom he hook up, then: yup, this book is ship-worthy. Especially seeing as how you find out about all of this in the first chapter.(less)

Start your review of Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
1.5
I plan to stay away from all YA contemporary romances unless it's written by Kasie West or Kody Keplinger.

I honestly think they are the only two authors in capacity to write dislikable characters that are still able to make you feel something other than hatred or annoyance.

But let's start from the beginning.
Great premise, sucky as heck execution.

I like to think I've read my share of fake relationships, it being a trope I will never tire of. So when it comes to reading them I expect them
Daiane
Haley Hoffman used my name to cover up her pre-promise-ring-fling with Bryce. Bryce went along with the lie to avoid a beating from Denny. I used the lie to trap Bryce into being my boyfriend and break the bubble of “protection” my brothers had created around me. He kissed me to annoy my brothers and land me in detention.
Best Monday ever

Okay, the thing is, all the books I'm getting that I had at least some expectations are disappointing me. This one? It wasn't far from that.

In one hand, I partia
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
The only Entangled Crush title that didn't work for me... and I'm devastated. Seriously, I am.

Blackmail Boyfriend just don't come out as genuine to me. Especially the love interest. I find his thoughts and actions annoying and not believable. He was not a fan of our main character at first and then suddenly he's love stricken? I don't buy it. The progression towards their HEA was not something that seems real to me so in result of that, it didn't make me swoon.

The heroine was infuriating and th
Deniz
So honestly: I expect this to be a cute & fluffy, was hoping this was well written - and I would have been happy.
But I kinda got more...

I never read anything by Cannon before. So I was pleased to discover I enjoyed her writing style. It's witty, sassy and fresh.
The plot was sweet, fun and while I expected mega predictable- it actually did throw me on several occasions. I mean this is a cute & fluffy- you can guess the outcome.. so basically the main plot line had no huge surprises. But Cannon t
Fafa's Book Corner
Yoda
I´ve been reading a lot of cliché novels but I think this one takes the cake. Not only was the protagonist incredibly desperate she also let the guy walk all over her. It was nicely hidden behind her "stomping out" and her "bossiness" but still felt a bit like the first relationship you get into and don´t really know how you should be treated.
♡Ann  Matalines♡
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
DEFINITELY NO!

One of those beautiful covers, shitty content. It was both teen-ish and child-ish. Too predictable.
Aditi
“Love is a wonderful thing, my dear, but it leaves you wide open for blackmail.”

----Jasper Fforde, an English author

Chris Cannon, an American author, pens her new book, Blackmail Boyfriend, which is a cute high school love story between a rich guy and a middle class girl, who blackmails the guy to be her fake boyfriend till a certain rumor dies down, but for that the guy needs to face the girl's three elder dominating brothers, and little bit into the mess and fake boyfriend-girlfriend drama,
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good YA romance, though I don't quite buy Bryce as a romantic lead. Hayley is awesome. And Jane and Nathan were a hoot. Indeed, I'm really glad Cannon included Nathan as a contrast to Bryce because it evened out what could easily have been a classist mono-message.

I liked Hayley from the start. I liked her assertiveness and worried for the vulnerability she did a mostly good job covering. I liked that she didn't waffle or manipulate (well, okay, there's the blackmail, but that's
Stephanie
Jul 22, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am always on the look out for fake relationship books and when I saw this I thought it would be another cute story. It was not.

Hayley was one of the most unlikable characters I've ever read. She was super immature, bratty, delusional, and kind of a psycho. The way she treated Bryce, her blackmailed fake boyfriend, was crazy. And I think if roles would have been reversed and he treated her that way everyone would consider him a creepy, possessive, abusive stalker.

There's a lot more ranting I c
Nonah
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book! It was a lot of fun and romantic :S I love Hayley and her blackmailing methods, I love Bryce(?) and that he want things to be his way. I love how sweet Nathan and Jane is and Jane is alot of fun and caring. I love the honest and all the fun comments. I like her brothers Charlie and Matt and would totally date them, all just cause the wood chipper machine xD I like how it is all is playing out and everything!!
Nadia
Ugh.

My main gripe with this book was the girl-on-girl hate. Every girl that is not Haley or her best friend, is blond and has big boobs and is dumb. Oh my god, Haley's obsession with other people's boobs, dude, what's wrong with having or not having boobs? Somehow having boobs = bad person. And her whole NotLikeTheOtherGirls(™) shtick, yeah, I'm not here for it.

In general, I didn't like Haley a lot. She blackmails Bryce into a relationship and then acts surprised or hurt or shocked when the du
Miranda
I picked up this book because I was in the mood for a cute romance novel. This was the perfect book to satisfy my craving. Reading this book was like watching a romantic comedy. I ate it up! This book was lighthearted a lot of fun to read.

There were a lot of humorous scenes that made me laugh out loud in this book. The characters in this book were very charming and unique in their own way. I grew to love all of the characters, and I loved watching the side characters form a romance. I thought t
Krystianna
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
As many of you know, I'm a huge fan of all of Entangled Crush's books. They're just so adorable and fun to read! They're literally perfect for any fan of young adult fiction. Blackmail Boyfriend was absolutely no exception.

The story follows a girl named Haley Patterson, who finds out that there's a rumor going around about her sleeping with the most popular guy in school. She can't believe it, especially because he's been her crush for the longest time. She meets up with him and asks him if he s
Patty
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, kindle
**I received an advanced copy from NetGalley via Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.**

OPENING LINES
"I turned into the Greenbrier High School parking lot with a singular mission: figure out a way to keep my brothers from chasing off every guy who seemed interested in me."

Prior to starting Blackmail Boyfriend I was in a huge reading slump. Everything contemporary wise I came across I was unable to connect with the characters and finish the book. So when I received my copy of
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Blackmail Boyfriend was an okay read for me. Its plot, while a little bit overused, is one of my favorite tropes. But my problem was that I couldn't connect with both main characters and they began to annoy me as the chapter progressed.

Bryce was a jerk -- his on and off attitude towards Haley wasn't cute at all, in fact, it was really unfair to Haley. Haley, on the other hand, was an eager puppy. She would get upset whenever Bryce was being a jerk but the second he gave her a (half-assed) apol
Bee

Istyria book blog ~ B's world of enchanted books

Well, I certainly did not expect this. To be honest, my expectations of this one were quite low since I wasn't the biggest fan of the author's other book Going Down in Flames. But this one surprised me. I ended up reading it in one sitting until 3am. I may have lost a couple of hours of sleep, but it was worth it.

When Haley Patterson arrives at school one morning hearing rumors she's hooked up with the popular Bryce Colton during the weekend, she h
Valerie
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adorable! That's the word I kept thinking while reading this one. From cupcakes to puppy dogs, this story was adorable. It's a light, enjoyable read that you can devour in an afternoon.

Characters are huge deal for me. If I don't like them, then I'm not gonna like the book, Sometimes I like one but not the other and that's okay. But it's the best when I love both characters. Such in the case this time.

Bryce comes from money, not as much money as his father would like but money. They belong to the
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is funny with a capital "F." Haley, the heroine is snarky and doesn't let anyone get away with anything, not even Bryce, the hot guy who she embarks on a blackmail romance with in the hopes that it will make her seem like possible girlfriend material to the guys at school, despite the fact that her twin brothers would do anything to keep guys away from her.

Beyond her snarky voice, I loved that Haley is an animal shelter volunteer who smart, interesting, and easy to talk to, even to Br
Melyssa Winchester

Series or Standalone: Standalone
Rating: ★★★★★

Review

description

No matter where I go genre wise with my reading, there is always one place I always come back to. A place that feels like home. Familiar and safe. And that is the Young Adult genre. Whether it be paranormal, contemporary, horror. You name it and I’m usually all over it if I can find the time.

Blackmail Boyfriend was the book that I found in yet another r
Aneesa
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for a honest review, thanks to YA Book Tours and Netgalley

Ahhh!!!! This book!! *gets excited* I love the cover ALOT! Can you tell I am a cover lover? (that rhymed lol) *gets funny looks* Okay I will be quiet now.

Hayley, Hayley, Hayley! Where do I start with this girl? Such a fiesty and doesn't deal with no BS kind of person. I loved her character from the beginning, she is one smart llladddy ;). I really like the mixture Cannon put in with a honour student and a
Michelle
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**
Blackmail Boyfriend is a whole new genre for author Chris Cannon. I love her going down in flames series, and I love contemporary romances, so I was happy to give this one a read. And I did enjoy it! I think I like her paranormal series more, but this was a cute little read. Blackmail Boyfriend starts out with the kind of crazy twisted web of lies, that made me want to run and grab a snack before I went on a little fu
Sweets Books
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Cupcakes

I liked it and it was an okay read but in the end it could of been more...

It had me laughing out loud throughout the book but it was like the story itself was missing something. :/

Bryce reminded me of a wuss in the end. He was too stiff and even the big HORRAY in the end just seemed off to me. He didn't apologize for anything and demanded a 'yes' from Haley.

Haley in all honesty she was a pushover and a doormat in the end. Even though she swore and thought it constantly 'I'm no doorm
Louisa
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun book! So great, so entertaining, and just another great book by Chris Cannon! Just awesome!
Paula  Phillips
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Haley Patterson has had a minor crush on Bryce Colton, a rich jock. When Haley arrives at school, she is on the other end of a rumor mill. She supposedly got busy this weekend and hooked up after a party with Bryce. The thing is Haley Patterson didn't, but another Haley did. The Haley that did give her a fake last name as she doesn't want her actual boyfriend Denny to find out. Haley Patterson sees this to her advantage as she needs someone to be her fake boyfriend to get her brother's off her b ...more
Blake Q
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
First of all, Bryce was a VERY shallow jerk.
And Hailey expected too much, especially since Bryce was so uncomfortable.

So what? It's okay. Hailey had her first boyfriend, Bryce had his first smart girlfriend not approved by his father.
They had to make their way slowly, had to fall. Had to pick each other up again

Bruce lied too much, but Hailey was so innocent we dont wosh for her to ever know this.

Anyone else feel a very rushed ending? I mean it was sweet and all, but.. a longer epilogue would h
Therru🌙
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-y-all-again
Bro, so predictable but so good 👌
Kirstysbookishworld
May 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-rating
Not my favourite by any means but damn it. Those moments when they’re fake it but really feeling it - I get all swooney and grin like an idiot.

I needed a whole lot more than just what we got, but I’ll take whatever we can get when it comes to fake dating in high school!
Moriah
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

Haley Patterson was appalled when she walked into school Monday morning with rumors that she had hooked up with Bryce Colton. Bryce Colton—golden boy and rich kid—and she had definitely not hooked up with him. Haley spun Bryce’s bought of mistaken identity in her favor and bargained that he had to be her fake boyfriend for three weeks to show others guys that she was datable. Come on, three weeks isn’t that long! Wrong!

I loved that this book
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
Light and fluffy. Probably the two words that can best describe Blackmail Boyfriend by Chris Cannon. This is one of those books you read when you just want to forget about the world around you, but you don’t want anything serious. This book will help you Zen out for a bit and let you lose yourself for a couple of hours.

Blackmail Boyfriend is told from the perspective of two different characters: Haley and Bryce. Haley is your plain Jane, girl next door character. Her parents are middle class and

• Resisting the Rebel
  • The Bad Boy Bargain (Suttonville Sentinels, #1)
  • Aimee and the Heartthrob (Backstage Pass #1)
  • All Laced Up (All Laced Up, #1)
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • Tied Up In You (All Laced Up, #2)
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Match  (Suttonville Sentinels, #3)
  • Mia and the Bad Boy (Backstage Pass #2)
  • The Rules of Persuasion (The Rules of Persuasion, #1)
  • Finding Perfect (Finding Perfect #1)
  • Daring the Bad Boy
  • The Fine Art of Pretending (The Fine Art of Pretending, #1)
  • Swinging At Love (Suttonville Sentinels, #2)
  • Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #1)
  • Incriminating Dating
  • Playing Defense (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #2)
  • Defying Gravity (Finding Perfect, #2)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
Chris Cannon is the award-winning author of the Going Down In Flames series, the Boyfriend Chronicles, and the Dating Dilemma series. She lives in Southern Illinois with her husband and several furry beasts.
She believes coffee is the Elixir of Life. Most evenings after work, you can find her sucking down caffeine and writing fire-breathing paranormal adventures or romantic comedies. You can find

Boyfriend Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Boyfriend Bet (Boyfriend Chronicles, #2)
  • Boomerang Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #3)