Start by marking “Until Forever Comes (Mates, #2)” as Want to Read:
Until Forever Comes (Mates, #2)

Until Forever Comes

(Mates #2)

A sensitive wolf shifter and a vicious vampire challenge history, greed, and the very fabric of their beings in order to stay together until forever comes.

Plagued by pain and weakness all his life, Ethan Abbatt is a wolf shifter who can’t shift. Hoping to find an honorable death by joining his pack mates in a vampire attack, Ethan instead learns two thing
ebook, 2nd edition, 204 pages
Published July 15th 2015 by The Romance Authors (first published May 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Until Forever Comes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until Forever Comes

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
1,114 books — 1,506 voters
Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LanePayback by Jordan Castillo Price
Best Gay Vampires
498 books — 746 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Until Forever Comes (Mates, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Vampire + wolf shifter = truly hawt, delicious fun

This book was so damn smexy, I may have needed a cold shower, or three.

Miguel and Ethan are constantly on each other, licking, sucking, BITING. Plus, the romance factor was through the roof: knotting, mating, and blood bonding (blood, you all, so much blood). And MINE MINE MINE forever.

Damn, I need a smoke.

If you read the first Mates book:

Wake Me Up Inside (Mates, #1) by Cardeno C.

You'll remember that Ethan and Miguel were the small brown wolf and vampire who helped save Jonah's dad from a group of rabid shiftestars
Vampire
Susan
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I am CHARMED! This book is sweet, and romantic, and tender…and the BLOOD…so much BLOOD! Ha!

I have to admit that I’ve never read a “shifter” book (ummm…let’s pretend I’ve never read Twilight, shall we?) and hadn’t even realized it was about werewolves and vampires. So, I can’t tell you if this is original or not, or if it’s true to “shifterdom” or not, or if it’s even got the right amount of action or not.

All I can say is that I adored it!

Ethan, the never-felt-right-in-his-pack shifter, is the swee
Sophia Triad
If a 400 years old vampire starts a relationship with a 20 years old wolf (ie 380 years difference) and he provides everything such as money, clothing, food and a home
does this means that he can be called wolf's Sugar Daddy?
Just wondering....

Anyway, I really liked Ethan's sense of humor who is telling their love story.

We have met wolf Ethan and his true mate, vampire Miguel in the book "wake me up inside".
I was really interested in finding out how they met, but I think the s
Gigi
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gigi by: Tina_K_K
Wow, that was one crazy, fucked up, delicious ride!

Recommended for shifter, vampire and Cardeno C. fans.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Note to self download May 20th.
Note to DSP it would be really cool if you would send out reminders for pre-ordered books when they become available. Samhain does it, and it's a very customer friendly thing to do.

This is the second book in the Mates series, but it's actually more of a prequel to Wake Me Up Inside, and it helped clear up some things from that book.
Ethan, poor little guy, he never quite fit in with his pack, he was small and sickly and he couldn't shift. All things that made
Barbara➰
Loved this one so much more than the first. It actually takes place years before book 1. Ethan and Miguel make an appearance in book 1 and this is their story. You could read this first then book 1 IMO. Either way, this story appealed to me more. It is how I like mate stories and while Miguel didn't buy into the mate thing at first (he didn't think vampires could have mates) he does come around and he's happy to have Ethan.

Ethan was a hoot! He is definitely a country bumpkin down to
Karla

5 Stars! Sweet, sexy, wolf-shifter/vampire romance! Another lovely, feel good read by this talented author.

I'm a fan of the crossover romance, when paranormal species find love outside of their own kind. It makes for interesting reading to see how they overcome the obstacles they face and such was the case for Ethan the young shifter, and Miguel the 400 year old vampire.

Ethan was so naive, which made him utterly adorable and added to his charm. I loved how Miguel connected with him and his protective nature wrappe
BWT (Belen)
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Lovers / CC Lovers
This is my favorite story in the “Mates” universe, so be prepared for a bit of fangirling. This story has it all: Sex, humor, action…sex!

Love it

The world building is interesting, the pace is fast, and I loved these two characters! Ethan’s sweetness covers a core of steel and Miguel, well, Miguel is mostly steel with a tiny, tiny core of sweetness that’s pretty much only for Ethan. Their passion is so HOT!

Love it

Ethan Abbatt is a werewolf who can’t shift, is the “runt” of his pack (his small stature being a source of constant shame), and has always been sickly. On the night Ethan and some packmates deliberately go to find some vampires to attack he meets Miguel…

My whole life, I’d been warned about the bloodsuckers. They had no souls, no values, no respect for nature or community or family. And while my kind limited interaction with the half-souls as a general rule, we didn’t abuse them. They were weaker than shifters and we didn’t prey on the weak, a concept the bloodsuckers didn’t understand. The one in front of me, Miguel, looked to be the worst of their kind, hurting and terrifying defenseless half-souls without mercy.

It turns out Miguel, an over four-hundred year old vampire, is Ethan's True Mate. Apparently, Ethan's sickly because his body produces too much blood, because he is the one who can sustain Miguel. And even though Vampires can't normally drink from werewolves without dying, Miguel is nourished by Ethan. It's earth shattering for Ethan and he turns away from his pack in order to be with Miguel.

“Are you sure about this?” he asked me breathlessly. “Are you sure you want to stay with me? Don’t you want to go home?”
“They’re one and the same,” I answered without hesitation, my voice husky, want and need and something else—something deeper, stronger—coursing through me.
“Okay,” he said. “All right.” He cupped the sides of my head, petted my scalp with his fingers, and caressed my face with his thumbs. “And, Ethan? I didn’t expect you. I don’t understand what’s happening to me, what’s happening between us. But as long as you want to stay with me, you’ll be all I need. You are enough for me. Don’t ever doubt that, okay, baby?”

So if you fancy a lot of super hot sexy times, tempered with some emotional loving, and more than a little bit of action – don’t hesitate to pick this up!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This review has been cross-posted at Reviews by Jessewave

******************************
2nd edition audio book
Note: Audio originally published November 11, 2013.

Click here for the book review.

Belens Audio Book Review

Charlie David's take on the character voices is HOT. So, so sexy...and perfect and...what was I saying?

So sexy

I love that he makes Miguel sound like Antonio Banderas! *rawr*

yeah

If you haven't already - check out Charlie David's narration of the scorching hot shifter story. You won't be sorry!

RECOMMENDED!

This review has been cross-posted at Reviews by Jessewave

Listened 05/06/2015 & 09/23/2015:

******************************

I really liked the set up, the characters, and the way Ethan and Miguel were with one another.

Miguel was a total badass, and Ethan was as sweet as pie.

Totally would recommend.

Read: 03/14/2015
Ingie
Written August 5, 2014

4 Stars - Bloody, intense, hot and super cute -
simply irresistible cozy to listen to

Book #2

Until Forever Comes is the second (stand alone) book in the M/M shifter "Mates" series. I read and enjoyed #1 - Wake Me Up Inside (3.5 stars) maybe a year ago. In that first installment we had a quick (interesting) meeting with the main characters in this second novel (that takes place before the first book).

I just knew this should be some really nice 6 hours audiobook listening when I saw that it is narrated by Charlie David. That#2
Until2014
Arthur
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ethan was a runt shifter. Miguel was a BAMF vampire. Neither expected the other to be his mate. Could they be together, considering wolf shifters hated vampires, and the two kinds were fighting most of the time?

I really enjoyed reading this book. It's sweet, but far from tooth-ache sweet. (view spoiler). There are tensions coming from different cultural understan
Susan
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Re-read December 14th. God, I LOVE this book!!

---------------------------

description

20 year old Ethan has never been able to shift. He feels sick all the time and his pack is mostly embarrassed about him.

When he gets attacked by vampires, Ethan is ready to say goodbye to his life. That is until he feels one of those big bad scary bloodsuckers is his mate. Of course it is the meanest and baddest of all, a vampire named Miguel.

But Miguel feels
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
I was bamboozled dangnabbit!

I went into this book thinking it was going to be the cutest thing ever. I was so wrong. It was...not cute. Long story short, Ethan is a twenty year old shifter who's the sickly runt of the pack. He's also unable to shift, so everyone thinks he's a freak. He goes out one night with the other young men in the pack to hunt vampires. The other guys are going because they want to be heroes. Ethan is going because he wants to die honorably. Things go horribly wrong though an
Jewel
I'm enjoying being in this world again. Nothing like a fluffy CC shifter novel :)

-----------Original Review: 30 Nov 2014-------------
While I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as I did Wake Me Up Inside, it certainly did not disappoint. As soon as we knew that Ethan and Miguel were good guys and saw that they were friends with Leah, I wanted to know more about them and how it was that Leah and her family came to know them. It was fascinating watching the story threads come tog
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
DNF @ 17%

The way they talk is annoying the shit out of me.
Meep
Apr 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No more. I can't.

Take one young, small, naive, small, infantile, hic of a shifter, Ethan, (does anyone anywhere actually talk like that? Really?) he doesn't even 'diddle' himself. That's the term he uses.
And one 400yrs old, brutal killer of a vampire, Miguel.

Forget insta-love, forget insta-lust - this is insta-orgasm! Near as nothing cumming at first sight! I kid you not.

Then throw in the most grotesque concept for magical compatibility ever. Buffy's Spike saw humans as walking happy meals this... this is bad. Think personalised GMO
Debra
I loved the first story and wanted to know more about these guys, but this one just didn't work as well for me. Not sure why, but I really didn't feel the chemistry between the two fated mates until closer to the end of the story. Still enjoyable, but didn't come close to grabbing me the way the first book did. On to the next one!
Meags
4 Stars

I think I’m at the beginning of what will surely be an epic love affair between me and Cardeno’s novels. In this particular series, she highlights all the themes I love to devour when it comes to paranormal romance stories. It has shifters and vampires, beautiful mating bonds and the promise of eternal love, and let’s not forget the knotting - Gah! So yeah, I love the themes – ALL THE THEMES!

This story sees young Ethan, the runt of his shifter community, meeting and falling for Migu
J.K. Hogan
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-reviewed
So I’ve been waiting for this book for a while now. I loved the first book in the series, it was very special to me, and I wasn’t disappointed with the sequel.

Let’s get down to business, shall we?

True to form, the story was focused more on the relationships between the characters than the external conflict. And of course, there was the not so hidden message of tolerance. This one was primarily about not buying into stereotypes of diffe
Otila
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED IT! A badass vampire, a sweet twink of a werewolf, KNOTTING, lots of sex, biting and blood-what’s not to love?

Ethan is adorable. He’s sweet and innocent and so damn funny. I loved that he didn’t question that Miguel was his mate at all. Vampires and werewolves are supposed to be enemies. Werewolves can only mate with other werewolves of the opposite sex because of reasons. When Ethan realizes that his mate is a vampire and male he doesn’t even blink. He goes home, packs his stuff and goes off to f
♥️Victoria ♥️ ♥️love books♥️
Overall book rating: 4.8 Epic stars
Audio book: Narrator - Charlie David 5 Brilliantly done stars
Book Cover: 4 Stars

I LOVE THE NO BULLSHIT IN THIS BOOK!!!!

This was EPIC - Wolf shifter and Vampire mating!!!

Ethan the Wolf shifter and Miguel the 400 year old Vampire

description

I loved the plot, I loved the characters, I love it all!!!

Heller
This has an earthy naivety to it...with a lot of blood play. Not quite to my tastes but I enjoyed the world-building and I'd probably read the next book in the series.

There's a very strong insta-mate trope at work here that's always a hit or miss for me. This was kind of in-between. I was interested in the MCs because of their pivotal cameo in Wake Me Up Inside and I was curious how Miguel and Ethan came to be mates. The men had some good chemistry and there were some interesting secondary
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
3 Sweet-Heart Shaped Stars~

[image error]
This is my favorite type of romance~

SoulMates....Sigh....

The book ~ Gosh, it was ever-so-sweet....

❤The love these two had for each other was endearing, and that ultimately won my heart over.

❤The persona...not, my fav...when I read about vamps and shifter's and ' I've read many, (view spoiler)

❤The Action, ultimately won me over, I loved it...sigh...
* A Reader Obsessed *
This second addition to the series was completely different in tone and voice. Where the first book was steeped in a huge amount of UST (I guess really unresolved sexual completion) this one starts off immediately. The longing, desperate tone is absent and I think I kinda missed it. However Ethan was fabulously sweet and innocent - but growly, jealous, protective, demanding, and adamant. He might come in a small package except where it counts :) - ha ha - but his innate goodness makes him and th ...more
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
Hmmmmm...

I'm not sure!!
~Mindy Lynn~
A wolf and vampire are true mates.. SOLD!!!

This was by far the SWEETEST relationship that was toothache inducing that I have read in quite some time. Ethan and Miguel are introduced to us in the first book and once it was said that they were a shifter and vampire couple I was completely intrigued and couldn't wait to get to their story. Definitely not disappointed with what I got.

Ethan is a 20 yr old shifter who never been able to shift. He's small, weak and sickly. Feeling guilty f
Alisa
Dear Author of this book, STOP USING THE WORD PECKER!!!! Use penis, shaft. dick, cock, prick, whatever, but do not ever, ever, ever fill a book with the word pecker again. You are pouring ice water on the hotness of every scene it's used in.

*rant over.....*

Audio version

This is the second book in the Mates series. We saw Miguel and Ethan as an established couple in the first book. This story goes back in time and tells how they became a couple. It's a bit diffe
Trisha Harrington
I have not had the greatest relationship with this authors book. This will be the highest rating I have given. This book was more my cup of tea to the others. It was the most straightforward of the books I have read and it did draw me in. The shifter/vampire mating was another attraction for me. Some may not like all the sex, I found it sweet and it drew me in. It had a plot of it's own.

Ethan's a shifter and Miguel a vampire. Not the greatest combination, but in this book it lead to
Shile

well what more can i say other than i 5 hot filthy stars

This book was sweet , sugary, funny , dirty and hot.

I loved Ethan and Miguel as a couple .

Amy
3.5 stars! Definitely hot, but I didn't like it quite as much as the first book.
Dreamspinner Press: Until Forever Comes by Cardeno C. 1 23 May 20, 2013 03:42PM

• Slow Heat (Heat of Love, #1)
  • Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Strength of the Wolf (The Tameness of the Wolf, #2)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Strength of the Pack (The Tameness of the Wolf, #1)
  • Without Reservations (With or Without #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Trusted Bond (Change of Heart, #2)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Damned If You Do
  • That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)
  • Timing (Timing, #1)
  • Kick at the Darkness (Kick at the Darkness, #1)
  • How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon #1)
  • Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3)
  • Cronin's Key (Cronin's Key, #1)
  • Rich Kids 2 (Rich Kids, #2)
Cardeno C. - CC to friends - is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few "awwws" into a reader's day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno's stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ev ...more

Mates (4 books)
  • Wake Me Up Inside (Mates, #1)
  • In Your Eyes (Mates, #3)
  • To Touch You (Mates, #4)