Start by marking “Bright Blaze of Magic (Black Blade, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bright Blaze of Magic (Black Blade, #3)

Bright Blaze of Magic (Black Blade #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  2,286 Ratings  ·  317 Reviews
Bad Things Always Come In Threes…

As a thief, I'm good at three things: hiding in the shadows, getting in and out unseen, and uncovering secrets. I put these skills to work for the Sinclair Family, one of the magical mobs that run the tourist town of Cloudburst Falls.

Published April 26th 2016 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Bright Blaze of Magic, please sign up.
Alysa H. Yes (unless the author suddenly decides to write more later). She answered this question here: https://www.goodreads.com/questions/5...

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Note: some spoilers for earlier books in this series.

The hair-raising adventures of Lila Merriweather conclude in Bright Blaze of Magic, the third volume of Jennifer Estep’s BLACK BLADE young adult urban fantasy series. Lila, age seventeen, is not only a highly skilled thief, but also has amazing sword-fighting abilities and extraordinary magical powers, not to mention championship snarking abilities. In the town of Cloudburst Falls, where magica
Tina ♥ Bookaholic

Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Erneut geht eine Reihe zu Ende, bei der ich eigentlich ganz froh darüber bin. Während mir der erste Band noch richtig gut gefallen hat, konnte mich die weiteren leider immer weniger überzeugen. Was vor allem daran lag, dass es mir zu übertrieben bzgl. Lila wurde. Wie auch hier in diesem Teil.
Die Handlung setzt nur wenige Wochen nach Teil zwei ein und schildert den Diebeszug von Lila, Devon und Felix ins Haus ihrer Feinde, den Dracon
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I'll probably rate this 3.5. It was just too predictable Lila felt stupid at times not figuring things out. Like (view spoiler) ...more
Ian
Seems my ratings for these books are going to be inversely proportional to the book's position in the series. Put simply, as the number of books increase, the number of stars decrease.

There is some good in this book...300 people have rated it 4 or 5 Stars and I get it. I understand why they love it.

But it was driving me to distraction. The author often repeats adjectives and adverbs for emphasis. It's her style. It's all about his "green green eyes" or the "cold cold burn" or my "black black h
Lina Lovegood
War ein guter Abschluss der Reihe, allerdings sehr vorhersehbar. Aber ich mochte die Charaktere und den Weltenentwurf ganz gerne. Von der Story her aber eher durchschnittlich.
Ezinwanyi

Well Done Jennifer Estep! Well Done! This final book in the trilogy did what many YA trilogies failed to deliver: A Thrilling and Satisfying Conclusion.

This third book started with the head of the Family, Claudia Sinclair and her son Devon, the family Bruiser working with the family bodyguard Lila Merriweather, and Lila’s cousin Deah to foil Victor Draconi’s plot to control the town of Cloudburst Falls. If you read books 1 & 2, you know the significance of this alliance and how it came to be
Marta Cox
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Roll up, roll up its time to enjoy all the fun that the town of Cloudburst Falls offers. It's the most magical place in America and the tourists flock there in their droves. It could be the non stop entertainment with those who work for the ruling families strutting their stuff. Who wouldn't ooh and aah at guards wearing capes and plumage looking like something from an Alexandre Dumas novel. There are souvenirs aplenty but perhaps what really brings out the curious is the fact that Cloudburst Fa ...more
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads. ~ 4.5 Stars

Jennifer Estep had a lot of ground to cover in order to tie the BLACK BLADE trilogy up with a nice bow what with the main story arc, romance, and Lila’s past still up in the air, but rest easy because all that and more was accomplished in BRIGHT BLAZE OF MAGIC. This series is intended for a Young Adult audience, and yet the Urban Fantasy elements were just as strong that regardless of your preference, you’re sure to enjoy this novel.

The finale set-up has been
Grüffeline
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 Sterne.
Ich muss nicht vie über ein Buch sagen, dass ich an einem Tag komplett durchgelesen habe, oder? Die ganze Trilogie war toll, ich mag Lila sehr, auch wenn sie teilweise echt ein Brett vorm Kopf hat (Ich sage nur: Wölfe, Blitze, etc). Eine ganz tolle Welt, die Jennifer Estep da aufgebaut hat und die ich unbedingt weiterempfehlen kann!
(Allerdings... Wenn ich noch einmal das Wort "rumschieben" lesen muss, dann verzweifel ich. Da muss es doch bessere Begriffe für geben. Würde mich ja mal i
Jeanny
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
***NO SPOILER HIGH-LEVEL REVIEW.***

Genre:
I should start by confessing I'm not an overly enthusiastic fan of YA. In fact I only follow a (very) few YA series. However, the moment I read Jennifer Estep's Black Blade series I absolutely fell in love with the world & characters. I suspect the fact it's clearly UF with all the usual elements helps. I find most YA loses any "edge".

POV , MCs, & Romance:
I especially enjoy reading the story from Lila's POV. She's courageous, intelligent, virtuou
AnnaSalvatore
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GANZE REZENSION: http://annasalvatoresbuchblog.blogspo...

MEINUNG
Wie bei bisher ausnahmslos allen Estep-Büchern, bin ich begeistert.

Der Einstieg fiel mir leicht. Ich hatte die bisherige Handlung noch genau vor Augen.
Handlungstechnisch geht es heiß her, und ich war sofort wieder in der Geschichte drin. Estep hat es einfach drauf, wie ich nicht müde werde zu betonen.
Eigentlich wiederhole ich mich in den Rezensionen zu ihren Büchern nur - lies eine für alle :D
In diesem Band gibt es sehr wenig 'Versc
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Bright Blaze of Magic is the final book in Jennifer Estep’s Black Blade trilogy. It continues in the same tone as its two predecessors, which means that it’s exciting, entertaining, and very easy to read. I have always admired Estep’s style precisely because it’s so easy to absorb. Her writing is as far from frilly as you can get – it is, I dare say, functional – but it serves her well and it doesn’t draw attention away from her stories, which is the most important thing.

Lila and the Sinclairs f
Kathy Davie
Third in the Black Blade young adult arcanepunk series and revolving around Lila Merriweather — it's quite personal, as it's first-person protagonist point-of-view from Lila's perspective — in the Disney-like Cloudburst Falls, West Virginia.

My Take
It doesn't take long before I started questioning the intelligence of the Sinclairs. They know what Victor is planning, in general, and they don't realize what those possibilities are? They narrow down the location of the prisoners but wait? They don't
Siobhan Davis
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enthralling, engrossing read that had me riveted from page one.

I am almost embarrassed to admit that this is my first Jennifer Estep book. It sure as hell won't be the last. When I got approved for this on Netgalley I fully intended on reading the first two books in the series, but I just didn't have time. I worried that I wouldn't be able to follow the story but major kudos to the author for skillfully blending reminders of what had happened previously, along with detailed explanations of the s
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Third book in this series ends in an adrenaline pumping conclusion. Lila is working secretly to destabilize Victor Draconi's plan to take over all the families. With the help of the other Sinclairs and secret relatives, she is so close in completing her mission. This story moves at a fast pace as Lila's past with the Sinclairs and Draconi are revealed. It seems that history is about to repeat itself and Victor will not be a happy man.

This story is filled with ruthless killing and families torn a
AH
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bright Blaze of Magic is the 3rd book in Jennifer Estep's new series Black Blade. The series takes place in Cloud Falls, a magical town not far from Ashland. In fact, for those familiar with Estep's Elemental Assassins series, there are a few little shout outs to Gin's restaurant.

The story is told from the point of view of Lila, a thief with some very useful magical talents. Lila works for the Sinclair family. Cloud Falls is run by various mob families, the Sinclairs and the Draconis being the
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Is it ever easy saying goodbye to a series, to its characters that you have come to know, love, and even call friends?

No matter how exciting it is to get to that last book, to see it all come together, and come to an end, it is always bittersweet as well.

This last installment did not disappoint. I completely loved it and it stuck to the feel of the other books, both plot wise and character wise. And I have to give a big woo hoo for the Pork Pit shout out in it, I totally loved it and it made me
✼Danielle✼
Lila Merriweather

4 stars

Listen May 2016

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bad Things Always Come In Threes…

Everyone knows Victor Draconi wants to take over all the other Families--and kill every last Sinclair. What they don't know is that I'm on to him, and no way will I let the
Lielan
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Die helle Flamme der Magie" ist Jennifer Esteps dritter und letzter Band ihrer "Black Blade" Jugendbuch-Fantasy Triogie. Wie auch bereits die Vorgänger konnte mich auch das letzte Buch über Lila Merriweather begeistern. Was heißt begeistern? Jennifer Estep hat es erneut geschafft mich vollends zu verzaubern. Sie schafft es mit jedem ihrer Bücher mit in ihre Welt zu ziehen, mich in ihre Charaktere zu verlieben, jede einzelne Zeile aufzusaugen und die Zeit zu vergessen. Bereits ihrer erste Jugend ...more
Steffi
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017, good-reads
"Bad things always comes in threes"

At the beginning of Bright Blaze of Magic I was sooo sure this was going to be a 5 star. The story started around two weeks after the events of book two, with the typical funny trio Lila, Devon and Felix. The story pace was so fast, and after only 30 pages the story had his first pang and I was sitting on the edge of my seat, eager to read and read and read .... but then, the story got kind of ... stupid.

Yep, stupid. Lila (and Deah) acted like total idiots, Lil
Krissysch
Ich liebe Jennifer Esteps Schreibstil, dennoch war dieser Band fuer mich leider der schwächste in dieser Reihe. Ich mochte die Story an sich, aber vieles war mir zu übertrieben und unrealistisch und es gab an mehreren Stellen kleine logische Fehler. Dennoch mochte ich die Reihe insgesamt sehr gern.
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Now, that is how you wrap up a series!

I always have really high expectations for the final book in a series, and I am so happy that this book lived up to my expectations. The small issues I had with the previous books were either resolved or nonexistent in this book. I honestly don't have anything to complain about. I loved everything about this book.

I think my favorite thing about this book was the nonstop action. There was always something going on that had me on the edge of my seat. This boo
mith
On the fence, I guess? 3.5 for now.
Emalie
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

review to come.

~ Book provided by NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2016/04/review-...

Favorite Quote: “Monsters are your friends, never forget that.”

Lila Merriweather is now a full-fledged member of the Sinclair Family and has discovered her relationship to the Draconi’s. Determined to stop Victor Draconi from killing the Sinclairs and other families in order to take over as the ruling family of Cloudburst Falls, Lila, along with friends, has been slowly working behind the scenes to keep that from becoming a reality. Wh
Melliane
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I really had fun while discovering the first two volumes and it is true that I was really looking forward to be able to immerse myself in this third one. I can also tell you that I was completely carried away by all what the author has presented! A great volume again.
We thus find our heroine launched on new adventures and I must say that it will take her courage because she will literally see all the colors!

Indeed, it seems that Victor has finally decided to
☕ Kimberly
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was a tad nervous beginning Bright Blaze of Magic as last books tend to disappoint me but Estep delivered capturing my attention from the onset. Lila along with Devon, Felix and Deah work together to foil Victor Draconi plans to rule Cloudburst Falls. Revenge, love, magic, and promises of a final battle has me slipping into this world once again.

Bright Blaze of Magic was a well-developed conclusion to the overall trilogy. Readers are rewarded with answers regarding Lila’s mother and Victor’s o
Stephanie  G
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lila Merriweather knows what Victor Draconi has in store for all the families – especially the Sinclairs and no matter where she has to break into, what she has to steal she won’t let him get away with it in this spectacular Blade Blade novel.

Visiting Cloudburst Falls right now really depends on how much excitement you can take because there is no way you can stop all the adrenaline that will swarm through your body as you join Lila, Devon and her friends in this showdown of epic proportions. Th
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
This review was originally posted at The Book Nympho

If you ask Lila Merriweather how she spent her summer break, she would tell you that she became a team player, made some friends, has a new boyfriend, and helped take down some bad guys. You know the typical teenager's summer.

Bright Blaze of Magic was a nice wrap up of the Black Blade trilogy by Jennifer Estep. Lila gets her closer from the past and a has bright looking future with the Sinclair family.

Well done Estep! I like that Lila's story
Sunny
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-ya-and-na
ARC Review 3.5 stars
Bright Blaze of Magic is the third book in the Black Blade trilogy.

Victor Draconi is taunting the ruling families of Cloudburst Falls. He has been collecting magic infused black blades to employ during a takeover of the city. The only family taking a stand is the Sinclair family. Soon there is a old fashioned ambush, must like what you might see in a gangster movie. People are killed, captured and tortured. Lila and Devon escape, along with Felix, and meet up with Deah. They
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 1 May 17, 2018 11:27PM
The Challenge Fac...: Ezi & Paris - Bright Blaze of Magic 10 11 Apr 26, 2016 05:54PM
  • Divine Descendant (Nikki Glass #4)
  • Blood of the Earth (Soulwood, #1)
  • The Brimstone Deception (SPI Files, #3)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • Chaos Rises (Chaos Rises, #1)
  • The Cold Light of Day (Charlie Madigan, #5)
  • The Conquering Dark (Crown & Key, #3)
  • Dead in the Water (Gemini, #1)
  • The Sight (Devil's Isle, #2)
  • Cast in Angelfire (Mage Craft, #1)
  • Requiem For The Dead (Dreg City, #5)
  • The Other Inheritance (Inheritance, #1)
  • Lost to the Gray (Shaede Assassin, #2.5)
  • Dead Man's Deal (The Asylum Tales, #2)
  • Owl and the City of Angels  (Adventures of Owl, #2)
  • Conspiracy Boy (Angel Academy, #2)
  • Death and Relaxation (Ordinary Magic, #1)
  • Shattered Blue (The Light, #1)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. She is the author of the following series:

THE ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy battling bad guys and righting wron
More about Jennifer Estep

Black Blade (3 books)
  • Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade, #1)
  • Dark Heart of Magic (Black Blade, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
  • Hate List
    $8.99 $1.99
  • I Funny: A Middle School Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99