Start by marking “The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1)

The Lightning-Struck Heart

(Tales From Verania #1)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  8,632 ratings  ·  1,781 reviews
This edition is out of print. For current Kindle edition see: The Lightning-Struck Heart

Once upon a time, in an alleyway in the slums of the City Of Lockes, a young and somewhat lonely boy named Sam Haversford turns a group of teenage douchebags into stone completely by accident.

Of course, this catches the attention of a higher power, and Sam’s pulled from the only world
Published July 20th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Lightning-Struck Heart, please sign up.
T.J. Yes!

(And a third.)

(But that's it. I swear.)…more

(And a third.)

(But that's it. I swear.)(less)
Staci Corcoran Just in case you didn't see, it's been out for a few months, and the audiobook came out on Audible yesterday. :)

·  8,632 ratings  ·  1,781 reviews

Start your review of The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1)
☆ Todd
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, boy-babble

No words. Should have sent a poet.

Okay, I lied. I may have a *few* words (I am still me after all,) but in all seriousness...

I. Loved. This. Magical. Book.    (Literally)

From start to finish, I was never bored, not even for a single paragraph of its considerable 400+ page length.

Sam of Wilds is a 20 y.o. wizard's apprentice (to Morgan of Shadows,) with more blurty, unfiltered goodness in him than one could possibly imagine. And it was a (slightly blinding) sight to behold.

Sam'
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Kindle Freebie 3/22/18!!*

*3.5 stars*

Soooooo much to say about this one! First of all, I'm a MEGA T.J. Klune fan. I love his particular brand of humor and I think that he is an extremely talented writer. I preface with that because all of you should know that my rating and review is coming from someone who is a self-proclaimed T.J. fangirl.

So what do you need to know about this one? What is the deal with this story? I'll break it down for all of you.

The characters.

If you have read a T.J. book r
T.J.
Jan 12, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
 photo TheLightningStruckHeartC_zpslsyujadc.jpg

Amazon Pre-Order: http://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Struc...

DSP Pre-Order: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...

And so it begins again:

Coming July 20th, 2015 from Dreamspinner Press

The Lightning-Struck Heart

By TJ Klune

A romantic comedy of stupidly epic proportions.

(Or quite possibly just epically stupid.)

Cover by Paul Richmond

****

Blurb:

Once upon a time, in an alleyway in the slums of the City of Lockes, a young and somewhat lonely boy named Sam Haversford turns a group of teenage douchebags
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Oh, T.J. Klune, I'm sooo happy I discovered your books. This one here is just awesome. I laughed so hard. I will be listening to the audio book again in the future. I saved it. uhuh. Anywhoooo.

➦Oh yeah, so. Wizards, unicorns, a dragon? Sign me up! (Val, you heard that, right? Dragon. Just one. But he's fabulous.) The story follows Sam, who is an apprentice to the wizard. He does magic and shit.

“I don’t have time for all the relations and courting and wooing bullshit,” I said. “I’m a w
Wendy
It was time for yet another re-read. This book always manages to make me smile and feel better. Thanks TJ ;) 2/2020

FOTO BEWERKEN - makkelijk online je foto

I am not even gonna try and explain the whole storyline of this book. It is way too complicated and ridiculous to explain. What I will tell you, is that everybody should read this book !! I can honestly say that this book will probably be my favorite read of 2016...and the year has just begun. That's how awesome this book is.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor so awesome + gif

If you want to step into a world of magic and creatures an
wesley

First of all, I just want to let it be known that this book deserves to have a sequel, no matter how obvious it was that it certainly will. But just so there’s no sliver of doubt and I can have peace of mind, I’ll say it again: The Lightning-Struck Heart must have a sequel. No, scratch that. The Lightning-Struck Heart cannot not have sequelssss. You hear me T.J. Klune? Huh? Huh?! (I’m not really good at taunting authors.)

Give it to me

Now that I’ve finally let it out, onto the review!

If you are a hardcore fan

Susan
Re-read September 2019
I'm still so obsessed with this book. ❤❤❤

----------------------------------
BEST BOOK EVER!!

description

I freaking LOVED this book.

This book is hilarious. But it was also beautiful, sweet, and it broke my heart in the best way possible(because there is so much pining, it was awesome).

“It’s you,” I said, not able to look away. “It’s how I feel when I’m with you. How I think I’ve always felt. You’re my lightning-struck heart. Ever since I’ve known you, you’ve struck my heart, and now
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Kindle Freebie 3/22/18!!*

My original review from 2015 of the book can be found here.

Previous rating: 3.5 stars
Audiobook re-read rating: 3.5 stars for the story, 5+++ stars for the narration = 4.5 stars overall

*I'm going to focus the majority of this review on the audio portion. If you want to read a more detailed review on the story then check out my previous review of the ebook.*

Now, I've said this before and I'll say it again- I'm a HUUUUUUGE T.J. Klune fan. HUGE. I've read nearly everythin
Meags
5 Stars

The Lightning-Struck Heart is a grand fantasy-adventure, featuring an adorably hilarious wizard's apprentice, his epically awesome parents, his best-friends in the form of a fabulous and fierce gay unicorn and a sweet half-giant, a kind-hearted King and his petulant (but redeemable son), two wizened older wizards, a sex-crazed vegetarian dragon, and a dashing and immaculate young knight. You couldn’t ask for more.

It’s TJ Klune so the writing is obviously of the highest standards. In my e
Bibi
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Extremely funny book except I found it farcical and stereotyped; like a 400+ page slapstick SNL impersonation of the LGBT individual. I'm sorry but I was not amused and had it not been for the presence of Kevin- the dragon- this would have been rated one star.
BWT (Belen)
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Humor/Feelz lovers
There aren't enough stars for this...

The Lightning-Struck Heart or, as it was originally titled, Unicorn Star Fucker, is a fantastic story of love, friendship, longing, loss, and hope.

Is this funny? Yes. Yes, it is. It's fucking hilarious. Straight up - I was obnoxiously laughing so hard and so loud for so long that I actually began to feel sorry for the people around me. Sorry they were being subjected to my overt hilarity and sorry they were not reading this magnificent and wondrous book so th
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
BR reread for Christmas with Susan, Marte, Doodle, Elsbeth, Heidi and Julie. Perfect holiday reading. Next up the audio! This book is just the best fun and pure comfort reading!

1st read - 20-23 July 2015
2nd read - 18- 28 December 2015

_________________________________________

“You know I captured you and you’re my prisoners, right?"
“Did he?” I asked Gary.
“Well, we are tied up,” Gary said. “And not in the fun way.”
“I don’t want to know when you’ve been tied up in the fun way,” I told him.
He rolled
Barbara
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Barbara by: Isabel
BESTBOOKEVAH!!

5 HaveHeart4Evah Stars

A absolute winner for me! Love evey single minute I spend reading it.

An epic storyline awesome, silly, sweet, constant sarcasm, a sense of humor that makes me nearly pee my pants laughing!

It's a beautiful story and I recommend this book to everyone. EVERYONE.

Thanks to my friend Isabel for the rec because she is Awesome like that, and to T.J. Klune who is an Absolutely Extreme Talented Writer!

YEAH! I capitalize it … now it´s forever!

Note : I´m a Samgirl, also
Dia
5 HUGE stars

Loved loved loved this one SO much!!! I just couldn't stop!! I've read it at work pretending I was working. I've read it on my way home from work. It was unpundownable!

This is the funniest book ever!!! I have laughed SO hard ALL the time while reading it!! It was the best banter I've ever had the pleasure to read. I mean, I couldn't stop the laughter even if I tried. SAM was the funniest character, but also the cornless unicorn and the half giant made this story unforgettable!!! And
Mary
It's simply a brilliant book. You fall into the world on the first page and it grabs you and holds you and you're riveted for the entire 382 pages and when it's done you wonder where the time went. I can't wait to read it again and I hope there will be many, many more. Wildly recommended.
Stacey is Sassy
Big call...but I will say this is my favourite audio for 2016

When a brilliant author teams up with a brilliant narrator, The Lightning-Struck Heart is what you get. It was brilliantly, awesomely, fantastically magical. I loved the characters, storyline and setting for the story. It was easy to follow and the only times I had to rewind were when I missed a bit from laughing so hard.

I'll be honest (and hopefully not offend), this was the campest story I have ever read/listened to. The humour is ru
Jilly

This book... why did no one tell me about this book? I thought you guys were my friends! I thought you knew me! You had to know that it would be like magical rainbows made of the best chocolate ever to me. You all let me down.

Okay, well for those of you who DIDN'T know about this book - you know - my GOOD friends - you need to read it. It is the funniest, craziest, sassiest, most original story ever! I'm not over-selling this at all.

I knew from the first line in this book that I was going to be
~Mindy Lynn~
Thoughts after reading the first page:

There were plenty of times while reading this I thought out loud:

SO many times! The book is full of those moments and they were amazing. I have never read anything as unique as this book was. The story was pure genius and I am not at all surprised it came from TJ.

Because his writing is:

I love his books.

The characters in this book were:

Gary and Tiggy being my absolute favorites after Sam of course. But the rest of the side characters where just as awesome.
Jenni Lea

Third read and I still love this as much as the first time.

***********************************

This was even better on the second read!

*******************************

This was epic!

Full review to come.
Lisazj1
Re-Read Audible version 2.23.17: Even better the 2nd time around *as unbelievable as that may be* and that is without a doubt due to the brilliant audible performance of Michael Lesley! The huge array of characters and absolutely distinct personalities he had to give voice to was staggering and he delivered genuine perfection. I can't stress enough how stunning it was to hear these so-loved characters given life through their own voice, each one so completely what I imagined them as. Except for ...more
Gail Carriger
For those who know my taste you will know this has many things I like. Adorable snarky gay boy main character. Lots of awesome magic. Really fun fantasy setting. But honestly...
It's hilarious.
No seriously, I was reading it last night and actually crying with laughter. I haven't laughed this hard since Ridiculous!. Possibly not even then.
The Lightning-Struck Heart is really that funny.
Connor
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this book is definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea. It's definitely not for young readers, so avert your eyes, kiddos. It is nonstop sexual innuendos and sex jokes with a very casual, dialogue-heavy writing style... now that I think about it, it would be weird if this hadn't had a very casual writing style.

I thought it was hilarious though and was actually laughing out loud while reading it. I'll definitely be continuing on in the series! It is probably the wackiest book I've ever
Line
My gods, he does it again.
By now TJ Klune is among my absolute favorite authors, the man can write a dialogue, he can write a love story, and he can make you feel for the characters like no one else. Also his style is so distinct, that you have no doubt it is one of his books you are reading. If you are a fan of Bear, Otter and the Kid-series you will love this as well. Just be aware that some of the characters in this book is a tad bit more inappropriate (in the best possible way) compared to
Isabel
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!!
This book is absolutely perfect! I've cried and cried... cried laughing, cried with sadness and I cried with happiness!

There is nothing in this book that I didn't love, there wasn't a single moment that I wanted to skip some pages, and there is this joy for reading such a fantastic story, fabulously written that captivated me from the beginning and that made me read it almost without pause.

All characters are amazing, even the Darks! All so peculiar and sensational! I love the MC's, Sam and Ryan
Ingie
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ingie by: Elsbeth
Review written February 21, 2016

4 1/2 Stars - Indescribable and Incomparable. Simply crazy Fun and Fabulous.

photo image_zps9ozgadoc.gif  photo image_zps9ozgadoc.gif  photo image_zps9ozgadoc.gif  photo image_zps9ozgadoc.gif

The Lightning - Struck Heart, a (M/M) book many friends talked about. A 400 pages novel published last summer (2015) by T.J. Klune, whose touching and hilarious funny M/M romances I already knew I liked. (Add an impressing average GR rating of 4.58 stars.) A "must read" in other words. — Yes ... they were all rigth. I'm impressed.

I listened to the 19:48 hrs audiobook nar
Ann
ALL of the STARS. Every fucking one of them.

I spend a lot of time in my car commuting. I hate it. I like my job, I love the people I work with, but again, my commute? I hate it sooooo hard. So, when the commute from hell started a few years ago I got started listening to audio books. What better way is there to sit in traffic than to listen to a man tell me a story and at some point or 10 talk dirty to me? There is no better way, just so you know. When the request came through for a review on Th
Annika
description

Oh. My. God.
What in the ever-loving hell was that? This book is so silly and ridiculous, it isn't even funny. And that is a total lie, because it's absolutely hilarious. Non-stop slapstick, banter, bickering, sassing, puns and innuendos.

This book was...

... absurd ...
"You're about to feel my wrath."
"Gross."
"Not like that! Stop making it weird."
"I'm talking to a hornless unicorn named Gary. It's already pretty weird."
"Point."

✮5 AMAZING STARS✮

Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
This boook!!!!!!
SO MUCH THIS BOOK

If you havent read this book DONT WAIT.
OK in some parts it was super cheesy, cheesy enough that I was snort laughing so hard and I didnt care who was looking at me.
I wish I snorted rainbows and candy. Fuck you Gary. In the face. I want to be able to do that!!!!

And for my favorite part EVER EVER EVER in the HISTORY OF READING was the Truth Serum.

DUDE I have never laughed so HARD IN MY LIFE!

Just a small teaser

" What's wrong with my mouth?"

"Nothing" Ryan said.
Teal
I can understand why some people loved this book.

I can understand why some people found this book unreadable.

Klune is a clever and maybe even brilliant writer, and this book had some clever and brilliant moments. And some genuinely funny moments as well. But in general, his sense of humor is incompatible with mine. Most of the non-stop barrage of banter and joking was so crude and crass and gross and cringe-inducing, I'm probably lucky my face didn't freeze into an expression of horrified distas

• Sebastian (Family of Lies, #1)
  • Tournament of Losers
  • The High King's Golden Tongue (Tales of the High Court, #1)
  • Love for the Cold-Blooded, or The Part-Time Evil Minion's Guide to Accidentally Dating a Superhero
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies, #1)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Leo Loves Aries (Signs of Love, #1)
  • A Villain for Christmas
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
TJ KLUNE is a Lambda Literary Award-winning author (Into This River I Drown) and an ex-claims examiner for an insurance company. His novels include The House in the Cerulean Sea and The Extraordinaries. Being queer himself, TJ believes it's important—now more than ever—to have accurate, positive, queer representation in stories.

Tales From Verania (4 books)
  • A Destiny of Dragons (Tales From Verania, #2)
  • The Consumption of Magic (Tales From Verania, #3)
  • A Wish Upon the Stars (Tales From Verania #4)