Jump to ratings and reviews

Stirring Up Dirty, Stirred by Love Book 1

Shaken and Stirred with a splash of dirty...

Candy Wilson arrives in St. Albert with one mission—to sign the next young, hot model to her modeling agency. She has no time for distractions and isn’t prepared for bartender Eric McKenna—the brother of her young client-to-be, Melissa. Eric challenges her on all counts, irritates her daily, and heats her body to boiling temperatures with just one touch. He’s hard to ignore and impossible to resist.

Eric McKenna will be damned if his baby sister signs any contracts with Candy Wilson. No way in hell will he allow anyone to whisk Melissa off to a foreign country and lead her on a path that’s not right for her. And yet Candy pushes him further than he’s ever been before and drives him crazy. Eric can’t control his need for her or the desire to engage with her … on so many levels.

[Stand alone story but is connected to Kacey's story, DARE. Stirring Up Dirty is Candy Wilson's story -- whom we first met in DARE.]

80 pages, ebook

First published July 22, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Kacey Hammell

30 books127 followers
Avid Reader. Romance Author. Redhead…

Canadian-born author Kacey Hammell is definitely a book-a-holic. A romance reader from a young age, she fell in love with happily ever afters. These days, as a multi-published erotic romance author, she enjoys adding a lot of heat, sass, and emotion to the many genres she writes.

Mom of three, Kacey lives her own happily ever after with her perfect hero in Ontario, Canada.

Some of Kacey's favourite authors include: Suzanne Brockmann, JD Robb, Jaci Burton, Sara Brookes, Patricia A. Rasey, Sandra Brown, JoAnne Kenrick, Emily Cale, Jasmine Haynes, Maya Banks, Terri Schaefer, Lauren Dane, John Grisham, Cherry Adair ... to name a few.

Readers can contact Kacey at kaceyhammell@gmail.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
5 (33%)
4 stars
4 (26%)
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews
Profile Image for Jessica Subject.
Author 61 books393 followers
July 28, 2015
What happens when two stong-willed people who have the opposite dreams for a person they both care about come together? They clash, and hard. Add in some ill-timed, undeniable desires, and you get a hot story that keeps you turning the pages until the very end.

Kacey Hammell did an amazing job fleshing out these characters, ramping up the conflict, and bringing the passion in Stirring Up Dirty. I became so mad at one of the characters, I wanted to punch him, drawing me even farther into the story.

Not only did I enjoy the hero and heroine in this story, but I also cannot wait for Kacey Hammell to write the stories of certain secondary characters.

If you love sexy stories with intense emotions, this is a must read for you.

Note: I received an ARC of this story in exchange for my honest review. These opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life.
858 reviews31 followers
July 18, 2015
A stunning woman, Candy, comes to town and walks into the town bar. She there on business but the tall drink of water standing in front of her is making her reexamine her hopes and dreams.

Eric has been running the family bar since his stepfather left it to him and his siblings. But he's set in his ways, the oldest, the leader, the protector. He's struggling to keep the bar afloat, but he'll do whatever it takes to keep his family together. The last thing he's going to let happen is to let his baby sister go off to Europe to pursue her dream of being a model.

His plan has one big flaw, Candy. Candy believes that Melissa has what it takes and she wants to sign Melissa to her new company. She believes in her so much, that's why she's here and she'll do anything for the girl that is like a sister. The tempers fly between Eric and Candy but more than there, there is a strong sexual tension between them. Seriously, the electricity between them radiates off the pages.

But like all stubborn men, Eric puts his foot in his mouth that could cause Candy running in the opposite direction and never look back.

I really loved this fast paced story. The banter between Eric and Candy is thrilling and their sensual innuendos are sizzling. With this stunningly delicious story, we also get an update on a long beloved couple. Besides, any guy that can make a dirty daiquiri is ace in my book.
Profile Image for Charity.
1,215 reviews10 followers
September 27, 2016
Stirring Up Dirty started out strong and had my attention, but it fell off at the end. There were two plot wholes that distracted me at the end that I was still curious about. Eric started out a strong alpha character, but easily caved into his lust. I like Eric and Candy together, but the ending of their story fell flat.
124 reviews5 followers
November 4, 2015
Eric is scorching hot and I really liked how the author used her words to describe the erotic scenes, with an exception that I’ll include in what I didn’t like.

These two steam up the sheets to the point of fire. Ok. Let me correct that, the walls, tables, and anything they found on the way.

Candy’s character is well developed showcasing a very strong woman that nothing stops her. And Eric the hard working man that doesn’t believe in help from a woman; he’s about to learn a lesson about partnerships and falling in love with Candy, but most of all about family and friends.

On to what I didn’t like as I mentioned earlier; the author did a great job with the story but there were some things that I didn’t like such as the part below:

“So responsive.” He explored the globe of her flesh, fisting it. “I need to see where else you want to be touched.”

Are you freaking serious “explored the globe of her flesh, fisting it.” What happened with the real words here, total turnoff for me, I need the real words.

I also didn’t like how descriptive it got at times, or how much inner thoughts there were in the story, but there was still plenty dialogue throughout the story.

Overall a great read, you would love all the characters including Eric’s brother Drew (super funny) and sister Melissa.
Profile Image for Tina.
2,564 reviews16 followers
September 12, 2015
Stirring Up Dirty by Kacey Hammell has the story of Candy and Eric. Candy is a sweet girl who is also a model. She comes to town looking for an escape and some time off. She needs to recharge her batteries so to speak. She is at the bar getting a drink when she sees the man she wants. Eric. Eric is older and he is gruff fierce protector of his family. He also has a passionate side that Candy cannot say no too. These two characters together are passionately steamy match.
I liked how Ms. Hammell gave me a great story that matched the passion these two characters have. I really want Eric’s brother’s story next. I think he would be a little mischief maker. Well he is already but he could be more of one I am sure. When you want a passionate story about family and love this is the one to pick up.

Four Twinkling Stars
Profile Image for S.J..
Author 14 books121 followers
July 27, 2015
I had the pleasure of reading this story before it was released. I instantly fell in love with these characters. My first impression was that Candy was a hard girl to resist and then I met Eric. Yow! Candy had met her match. I love reading that dynamic. They pushed and pulled in the dirtiest of ways. Kacey has crafted a story here that will pull you in and won't let go even after you've read the last page. I'm definitely looking forward to the next book in the Stirred by Love Series.
Profile Image for Amy Miller.
3,414 reviews27 followers
August 11, 2015
I liked Candy she is a strong woman who knows what she wants and she goes for it. Eric is at time a little bittern to me but Candy brings the better out of him. The story was sweet !
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.