Start by marking “Don't Wake Me Up” as Want to Read:
Don't Wake Me Up

Don't Wake Me Up

Dear Author,
I first saw him when I was fifteen. My father invited him over for Sunday dinner and I couldn’t even talk to him. He was too cute and I, too confused because I didn’t realize I was gay. Now, I’m a college graduate and have my first job. Heaven help me on my first day at work to catch sight of one of the vice presidents of the company. It was him, the man I’ve
Published July 16th 2015 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Don't Wake Me Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Wake Me Up

Start your review of Don't Wake Me Up
Amy Spector
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So lovely. And hot. And I think Miss Frost has a crush on Matt Bomer. And now so do I.

Proper review to follow!

***

I supposed, since I am actually in front of a computer, I should write up that proper review I was talking about.

This is such a lovely, sweet and sexy story.

Shane is a cripplingly shy young man with a severe anxiety disorder and a very tense relationship with his father.

Oh, and he is into manga.

(view spoiler)

Okay, now that you're back from
Kristan

Aww, shucks. This was just adorable.

description

Shane took one look at his father's employee, Mason, when he was fifteen, and fell madly in love. Now, eight years later and not only is Shane working at the same company as Mason, but he's still waking up to wet dreams over the man each morning. When Mason finally gets a look at the adult Shane has grown up to be, he more than likes what he sees, and it isn't long before he's flirting with his employee.

But there's more to this story than that.
Catherine
I developed a sort of visceral dislike of one of the main characters, Shane, in the first few pages and couldn't get past it.

Also, if you have a character that has been waiting a DECADE to bone the man of their dreams, leaving that shit off page when it finally happens is NOT COOL, Bro. Not cool.

Though this story just wasn't my cuppa tea, I want to say thank you to the author for participating in the Love is an Open Road event, and to the editors, beta readers, and the MM Group Mods for all of
Tess
Shelves: 5-star-mm-reads
*4.5 stars* This story made me so happy - I just loved the feel of it. It was very easy for me to connect and sympathize with Shane, because I was Shane at that age. He's dreadfully shy, he suffers from social anxiety and he's had a major crush on Mason for many years. Who wouldn't want him to get his HEA with the older, very sexy and confident Mason? Watching him gain confidence through the story and move towards the relationship and HEA was really sweet.

I would have liked to see a bit more of
Sandra
Super adorable, flufftastic little story about a teenage boy who falls in love with a young man, dreams of him for years, then meets him again at his new job, and all the things happen. Good exploration of characters, some family drama and healing, some realizations, and a lovely epilogue made this a pleasure to read.

Free from the Love Is An Open Road event from the M/M Romance group.

My thanks to the author!

Meep
Thanks to the author for participating and offering this freebie

Awkward Social Anxiety suffering main character. The guy is at work, gets called to say hello to his crush/father's friend and ..he faints!

Seriously, I just can't! Simpering Harlequin maidens have never been this bad. Not a trope for me.

DNF - didn't get past the fainting, wouldn't be fair to rate.
Ok, so I did go back and skim further, it's not for me.
Ami
Thank you so much to the author who have participated in this event

Shane felt like a virgin maiden (he actually fainted when Mason called him into his office!! Okay, due to low-blood sugar, but it didn't mention previously, so my initial reaction was "Really?!?"), Mason felt like he was coming out of my old Harlequin romance book (handsome, charming, successful, in his early thirties).

I actually like Shane's father better than these characters because he felt more rounded, more complex ... a
V
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Some people dislike this story some others loved it.
I found it freaking lovely.
Trisha Harrington
3.5 stars!
Sachi
Shelves: 2015
This was so cute I thought my heart would burst out of my chest.
It also made me cry and that normally means five stars from me.

Thank you for such a great story Hunter, one of my favorites of LOR.
Tj
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cute-sweet
Don't Wake Me Up is cute and sweet but also deals with some painful things such as anxiety, forgiveness, and the willingness to stand up for what you want and not settle for second place. Thank you Hunter. The ending was adorable.

Debbie McGowan
Shelves: lor
Review to follow when I get a minute.
Dawn Sister
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, cute read. I loved Shane and Mason. There was just the right amount of sweet mixed with a little bit of angst and a lot of hot in a suit.
Jilrene
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Oh, dear. It's my turn to be odd reader out. ;)

This is more of a 2.something for me. I rounded up because, well, it's free. And that has to count for something. Plus the plot was good, I just couldn't connect.
Leaundra
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it . I would have loved for it to be longer.
Karlijn
Oeh, this was a nice one. Wish there was more.
Dante Love Fisher
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
This is quite cute and had a lot of elements that I like but for me suffered a bit from being such a short story.

Mason suffers from extreme anxiety. Already I'm on board and want to cuddle him. He reads Yaoi (Bara?) manga. I'm there! But he is also 24 and acts like he is 15. His resentment of his father screams rich people problems and I just wanted to slap him and tell him to grow the fuck up.

I think Mason would have benefited from a few months in a homeless shelter or having to choose between
Jeanne 'Divinae'
2.5 rounded up to 3. There was no actual hot steam office sex, which was what I was looking forward too.

Shane has been crushing on Mason for years. Mason used to work for Shane’s dad and has been out for at least that long. Mason is a few years older than Shane and (since then) left working for his dad and has made his way up the corporate ladder. Now Shane is ready to get his first ‘real’ job and lands a lowly job at the same place Mason works. But they are on different levels. They start
Melissa
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, short-stories
When I saw the prompt photo, literally my jaw dropped open and my eyes bugged (and I had just enough self-consciousness to realize that I was doing a fair job at imitating a cartoon character).

As for the actual story, it may not the most original or realistic story, but it was entertaining and I really liked the ending.
Donna
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute. I liked it. Might read more from this author.
Mirjam
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, romance

Short, sweet story written for the Love is An Open Road event on the M/M Romance group

Unbeknown to Mason Richards,31, the son of his former boss Shane, 24, has had a crush on him for nine years and is working now for the company where Mason is the Vice President.
Shane has low blood sugar, is utterly shy, suffers from a severe anxiety disorder and has a difficult relationship with his father.

Mason and Shane tentatively start seeing each other, had to overcome some major issues to finally get
Sana Zameer
1.5 Star

I thought this had potential. But it was full of cliches and under developed characters.
Jenny Wood
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shane meets Mason when he's 15, he's friends with his dad... I can't remember it ever saying how old he is, but I'm assuming he's closer to Shane's dads age, than Shane... Shane has extreme anxiety so he's kept his crush hiding since then, always doing something else when Mason came around for dinner and stuff... Some years later, Mason offers Shane a job at his company he's a VP at..at first I think he wants them to be friends, but after a while it's obvious Mason has feelings for Shane as ...more
Alexis Woods
Another cute short from Ms. Frost. Shane's had a crush on Mason Richards for a long time. When Shane lands a job at the same company Mason works for, it stirs up all kinds of erotic dreams (wanted more). After having avoided Mason for years, when they finally meet, Shane faints, and other events happen and we learn a lot more about Shane.

This was fast build when I wanted slow, Shane's problems fly out the window when he finally lands his crush. Still, it was sweet and the ending was perfect.
Gaa-chan
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, family
Thank you for contributing and offering this story. Truth be told, I am not sure what to say. It exactly reads like a script for yaoi manga that would have been popular in Japan years back. The time when psychological yaoi dramas, based on the character study and development, hadn't taken over the market yet. And thus we have: an unrequited (turned requited) love between two salarymen, one older and successful (especially a friend of the family), other younger and inexperienced. All peppered ...more
Janie
I thought Mason and Shane were both great characters. I liked that Shane had a crush on Mason when he was younger and then ended up working for him when he was older. I'm also really glad that Shane decided to put aside his anxiety and stand up for the man he loved.
Hannah Hill
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shane, the protagonist, was boring, weak, with little personality, and everyone treated him like he was a pubescent child.

And not to mention the storyline was completely cliche: rich, sexy boss wants plain, dull, average person. Like, c'mon…get real.
Sofia Grey
This was sweet! I loved how awkward Shane felt around Mason, and the whole loving-forever-from-a-distance trope. Very nicely written, with plenty of depth to the characters. Quick and easy read, with a definite feelgood vibe.

I'm definitely going to look for more books by Hunter Frost :-)
Olga
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars. Everything was perfect, except for the speech in front of HR and the epilogue. To much wrong placed heroism and sap can drag the story way down.

• Marriage Rules (Breaking the Rules, #3)
  • 500 Kisses
  • The Summer of Us
  • Enemies like You  (Enemies with Benefits #1)
  • Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers, #2)
  • Gold Digger
  • Where There's Smoke
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
  • Friends to Lovers: (Just the Way You Are: Book 1)
  • Adore (On My Knees Duet #2)
  • Worship (On My Knees Duet, #1)
  • Freckles
  • His Stepson Wears Lace (Daddy Tales #1)
  • The Fairy Shop
  • Sweet Anticipation
  • Daddy's Boy
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • First Class Package
Hunter lost a bet at a blackjack table and begrudgingly traded temperate Southern California for the sweltering heat of Las Vegas. There she resides with an extremely tolerant husband and two cats named after her favorite beverages, Latte and Java.

When she’s not dreaming of returning to coastal living, Hunter works at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, from where she recently received her Master