Start by marking “The Sound of Silver (Steadfast Love #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sound of Silver (Steadfast Love #2)

The Sound of Silver (Steadfast Love #2)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews

After Dirk rescues Gwyneth from the Iconoclastic Fury, she discovers that faith is sometimes fragile—and hope is not as easy as it may seem. Gwyneth continues her quest to learn more about the love of God preached by Protestants she once distrusted.

Meanwhile, Dirk’s quest is to preven
Published October 15th 2015 by WhiteFire Publishing (first published October 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Sound of Silver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sound of Silver

Amanda Tero
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thankfully, "Silver" began right where "Diamonds" left off. Though not as much excitement was induced as "Diamonds" (not as much action). I felt a little more emphasis on romance (again, kisses, hugs, feelings, but nothing more) than I cared for but there was still a very strong message. Of surrender. Of trust. Of truth.

Rohesia's wisdom was beautiful. I loved her conversation with Gwyn.

I did NOT like the ending!! ;) Book three has some very important things to resolve!

Quotes:
“Faith cannot be bar
Hannah
This sequel to "Sound of Diamonds" follows immediately from where the first ends. It's frustrating in parts because of the incredible obstacles that Dirk and Gwyn have to overcome, and several times it looks almost impossible for there to ever be a good ending. It's neat to have both characters having scenes in first person, so you can feel the two perspectives up-front and see the emotions each goes through. I have to say, I loved meeting Dirk's mother, Rohesia! Quite the strong lady.

On to the
Shantelle
So after quite enjoying The Sound of Diamonds by Rachelle Rea, I was looking forward to continuing on with The Sound of Silver! As you can see from my three-star rating, I didn't like this book as much as the first ... but don't let that stop you from reading this series! If you enjoy romance, of the Christian historical genre, then you should definitely give the STEADFAST LOVE series a try.

It's set in the medieval/renaissance era, and follows characters Dirk and Gwyneth on various journeys of d
Rebecca
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
"If hope sounded like diamonds, surely truth sounded like silver, the truth of the promise of a new life."

Lady Gwyneth Barrington and Lord Devon Godfrey are both fleeing towards a new life, with all their heart, soul, mind and strength; Gwyneth desperately searching for a means by which to clear the name of her beloved, especially since her anguished words had branded him as a murderer. A recent convert from Catholicism to Christianity, "faith was no longer about empty rules, . . . .it was about
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
Age Appropriate For: 15 and up for romance and mild violence
Best for Ages: 15 and up

I was so excited to finally read the second book in this series. I actually sat down one Sunday and read straight through them. It was a great way to see the story woven together, but it also makes the details of the books blend together. I am sorry for any blending in my brain that has taken place.

Dirk still seeks to clear his name, but he faces a lot of obstacles. I love how he is drawn to Gwyn, yet wants to sa
Adriana Gabrielle
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book you guys! It was beautifully feels crushing. I also hated one of the characters so much…but I’ll get there in a second. I gotta make sure this all makes sense so one thing at a time.

So, I loved this book a lot! The feel of it was very very different compared to book one as there was a lot less action and this focused a lot on the emotional journeys of the wonderful characters Rachelle has crafted but even though there was a lot less action I was very pleased. (The romance novel
Meghan Gorecki
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Meghan by: Rachelle Cobb
Rachelle's done it again with this superb sequel to The Sound of Diamonds. Continuing the story of Gwyn and Dirk, the story takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions. The back cover blurb above hints at a separation--and how. The depth Rachelle has poured into her characters as they both wrestle with their newfound faith and hearts broken by love is immense.

The same supporting cast of characters is in Silver, as well as Dirk's mother and two sisters and a new man on the scene who is not all that
Marisa
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
In just the few months between the release of The Sound of Diamonds and The Sound of Silver I could tell upon the first pages of her sophomore novel that Rea’s skill with the written word truly is a gift—she holds a knack for the craft that easily transcends the pages of her novels. Whereas The Sound of Diamonds encapsulates readers with the terror of escaping the Iconoclastic Fury, The Sound of Silver relies less upon action and much more upon emotion and personal growth. I found The Sound of S ...more
Seema Khan
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Honest review in exchange of a copy of the book.

*Spoiler Alert*

A few months back I had read and reviewed The Sound of Diamonds, Rachelle Rea Cobb's first book from ‘The Steadfast Love’ Series and had found it compelling. I was moved after reading it and was eager to know the future events in line for the protagonists and how those would shape their lives.

You may find the review here:

OR

ABOUT The Sound of Silver

Th
Tarissa
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rachelle Rea's second book, The Sound of Silver, is absolutely perfect. It's cozy-time-in-your-nearest-book-nook PERFECT. The story is set at a steady pace of things to laugh at and to cry over, as we watch our favorite heroine and hero (that's Gwyn and Dirk, if you somehow missed Book 1!) try to keep their love afloat amidst the daily turmoil.

In the mid-1500s, a religious war wages on between the Catholics and Protestants all throughout Europe. Within this dramatic time period, our story unfold
Rissi
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rachelle’s debut novel blew me away. Its precise storytelling and quietly compelling plot sort of snuck up on me. It started out great, but as each chapter passed, it became progressively better (and better). Her sophomore novel keeps pace with the first by picking up immediately where book one left off. We catch up with Gwyneth and Dirk immediately following their disastrous encounter at Gwyneth’s ancestral home. Now without a home, Dirk safely sees Gwyneth to his family home where she can be c ...more
Emily
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although Gwyn and Dirk love each other, they still have a lot of problems to overcome if they are ever to marry. First of all, Dirk is still being blamed for the murder of Gwyn’s parents and it will take a bit more than Gwyn’s testimony to clear him of the charge. Then, Dirk decides it would be safer for Gwyn if he left the country, drawing away the danger. Will their love and newfound faith survive the challenges ahead?

The second book in the Steadfast Love Series by Rachelle Rea, The Sound of S
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
The Sound of Silver begins right where The Sound of Diamonds finished, even backing up just a bit to refresh our memories. The level of intensity does not fade between the two books, even though Silver focuses far less on action than did Diamonds. In fact I think the emotion in Silver makes it even more intense in some ways than its predecessor; I remained just as much on the edge of my seat in book 2, albeit for different reasons. Rachelle Rea certainly knows how to capture her characters' inne ...more
Brittany
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Sound of Silver is book two in the Steadfast Love series and begins immediately following book one, The Sound of Diamonds. This story is beautifully written, rich in detail, and emotionally charged! There is a theme that flows throughout the book. It is of surrender. At some points, it is the surrendering of what the character wants most, and at other times, it is the growth in faith of learning to surrender to God.

I loved the emotion in this story! It was hard to see the main characters goi
J.C. Morrows
OK… I can say this now without fear of spoilers.

I am so thankful Rachelle started book 2 where book 1 left off.

Wondering what I thought of book 2?

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE IT!

Book two of the series is just as fantastic as book one!

Not only do we get to see more romance in The Sound of Silver, Rachelle Rea takes us deeper into the relationship – not only between our characters, but to the world and the people around them.

Book 1, The Sound of Diamonds, was more about rescue . . . and escape. The Sound of S
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“The stalwart saint and the redeemed rebel. One is fighting for faith, the other for honor…
Meanwhile, Dirk’s quest is to prevent his sullied name from staining hers. Will his choice to protect her prove the undoing of her first falte
Liz Brooks
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Warning: As always, I try to stay relatively spoiler free. But it doesn’t hurt to proceed with caution.

Rating: Three and a half stars—Enjoyable

If any of you were wondering, THE SOUND OF SILVER (by Rachelle Rea) is the sequel to THE SOUND OF DIAMONDS, which I reviewed last week. As I mentioned before, Rea was kind enough to give me e-ARCs of both these books, for which I am extremely grateful. Thank you, Rachelle! So let’s talk about this one.

The Romance. I know that I don’t tend to be much of a
Melinda
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Plot {5 stars} – As far as the plot line went, The Sound of Silver continually drew me in and led me deeper into the lives of the characters. Rachelle made me feel torn with grief along side the characters as they experienced sorrow, separation, betrayal, and resentment; I also felt their joy as love, forgiveness, truth, and hope was showered upon them. Will Dirk and Gwyn be together again? Will Dirk’s past cause Gwyn to be unsafe? What is the sound of Silver? Oh, those questions will keep y ...more
Savanna Kaiser
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Usually Book 2 of a series features a new hero and heroine, but in the case of The Sound of Silver, readers find themselves still following Gwyn and Dirk. Sometimes I prefer moving on to a new story through fresh eyes, but I was thrilled to find their story was far from over. It picked up right where we left off and took my breath with it.

This was a beautiful and emotional read for me. It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my heart with its sweet, romantic tale of faith and forgiveness.

Whil
Liv Fisher
She fights for faith. He fights for honor.

I read and reviewed The Sound of Diamonds, book one in the Steadfast Love trilogy, back in April, as a part of The Sound of Emeralds anniversary tour. After thoroughly enjoying it, Rachelle was so kind as to offer me a free ebook copy of its sequel in exchange for an honest review (I'm so sorry this took so long in the writing, friend!).

The Sound of Silver picks up immediately where book one left off. Dirk has just rescu-- well, spoilers, m'dear. Spoiler
Elizabeth
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Sound of Silver ( Steadfast Love )
By: Rachelle Rea

I really enjoyed Gwyneth and Dirk’s story. Rachelle Rea knows how to draw you right in from the start and hold you till the end. Once you are in, you are hooked. I had not read The sound of Diamonds, so I had to read closely to what was happening at the start , but Rachelle Rea pens the story and characters both where they are easy to follow. Once I got started reading The Sound of Silver I did not want to put it down till the end. What does
Rosie
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is incredible!! I thoroughly enjoyed The Sound of Diamonds, the first in this series, but I was unprepared for how much I would enjoy it's sequel!
Silver picks up right where we left off in Diamonds. Boy, does the story pick up speed! Rea throws us in the heat of the action fairly soon into the pages. Her pacing, the story line, and the historic elements to this novel were simply fantastic and worthy of applause. As I read, I could see the story unfolding in my mind. It was absolutely
Sydney
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book two in Rachelle Rea’s Steadfast Love series, Sound of Silver, is a wonderful continuation of book one, Sound of Diamonds. This 16th century novel continues the story and somewhat complicated relationship between Dirk and Gwyn. Excellently written, with entertaining characters and a fun plot line, readers will enjoy this adventurous page-turning novel, as they find out what will happen next in the story, as well as in Dirk and Gwyn’s relationship and journey together. I would recommend this ...more
Miranda A. Uyeh
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You now those books which, while you’re still in the middle of the story, you already know it’s probably a five-r—that is, those that will end up with a five-star rating, or something close—this is one of them! This installment in the Steadfast Love Series—The Sound of Silver—is so rich in almost every plot element you can think of, without it being too much.

Gwyn and Dirk both faced stark confusion and other odds that got in the way of their greatest desire. Also, loss, and fear of the danger th
Mikal Dawn
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rachelle Rea has gone back in history and brought her reader along for the ride. She has amazing attention to detail and written during a time that, to be completely honest, I didn't know about. I was so ignorant about it, I had to go do my own research on it to learn more about the Iconoclastic Fury--the sign of a GREAT author!

Dirk and Gwyneth have beautiful character arcs. Rachelle obviously knows them intimately--another sign of a great author. The plot is excellent, engaging, exciting...and
Joyful
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mystery, romance, full of surprises, history, abusive of trust, this author has given a truly great story continuation of The Sound of Diamonds. The characters are struggling spiritually and romantically. Gwyn has courage, honor, passion for God, and loves Dirk. Dirk is strong and admirable and in love with Gwen. The story is written from a first-person perspective from two characters' points of view. This novel is a story of grief, heartache, and finding and following God's will. Will the true ...more
Kara Swanson
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
Another great book by Rea. Her character development was deep and moving. There were some tense scenes that kept the pace moving. Docking a star due to the repetitiveness of some themes, and some romantic moments that seemed to drag on. Overall, another wonderful historical novel by Rachelle Rea.
Miranda Atchley
The Sound of Silver
by Rachelle Rea Cobb

After a tumultuous meeting and getting to know one another as they traveled through the Netherlands in order to escape the riots, Gwyn and Dirk are now betrothed. They travel from the Netherlands to Dirk's family's home, Godfrey Estate in England. He believes that there, Gwyn can grieve with his mother; Gwyn grieving for her parents and uncle, Lady Rohesia for her eldest son. Yet the rumors that Dirk murdered Gwyn's mother and father are bound to fly and Di
Denise Hershberger (100 Pages per Hour)
These days most authors are writing series books that can be read as a standalone also. So be forewarned that in my opinion these books cannot be read that way.

It was nice to see a continuation of a story for Dirk and Gwyn. Lately most of the books I've read end with a happily ever after and maybe an epilogue but not usually much of a follow up story so it was neat to read what happened after Dirk and Gwyn fell in love.

Just like the first book I found it interesting to read conversion stories o
Jillian
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rachelle Rea delivers another excellent installment in her Steadfast Love trilogy. The Sound of Silver picks up right where the first novel ends, reminding readers of the first story they likely enjoyed so much. I loved this sequel. Taking place during the religious strife of the 16th century, the novel continues the sweet relationship of Gwyneth and Dirk, sprinkling in other surprises throughout.

Once again, I fell in love with Rachelle's lyrical prose. Her dialogue and word choice perfectly cap
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jul 31, 2015 04:08PM
  • A Worthy Heart (Courage to Dream, #2)
  • Where Trust Lies (Return to the Canadian West, #2)
  • God's Will
  • Where Treetops Glisten: Three Stories of Heartwarming Courage and Christmas Romance During World War II
  • The Quaker and the Rebel (Civil War Heroines, #1)
  • Anchor in the Storm (Waves of Freedom, #2)
  • At Love's Bidding (Ozark Mountain Romance #2)
  • The Thorn Bearer (Penned in Time #1)
  • Fly Away Home
  • A Promise in Pieces (Quilts of Love, #17)
  • Song of Silence
  • Reservations for Two (Two Blue Doors #2)
  • The Lady and the Lionheart
  • A Stitch and a Prayer (Quilts of Love, #18)
  • A Heart's Promise (A Journey of the Heart #5)
  • Katie's Choice (Clover Ridge #2)
  • The Reluctant Duchess (Ladies of the Manor, #2)
  • Emma of Aurora (Change and Cherish Historical #1-3)
Rachelle Rea Cobb has history with words. She penned her first short story in middle school, her first novel right out of high school, and signed a three-book publishing contract right after college. Her Steadfast Love series (from WhiteFire Publishing) is the tale of a Catholic maiden entrenched in the Dutch Revolution–and the redheaded Protestant man who brings her to love and faith.

But Rachelle
More about Rachelle Rea Cobb...

Steadfast Love (3 books)
  • The Sound of Diamonds (Steadfast Love, #1)
  • The Sound of Emeralds (Steadfast Love, #3)