Start by marking “The Bride Wore Red Boots (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Bride Wore Red Boots (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys, #2)

The Bride Wore Red Boots

(Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys #2)

Dr. Amelia Crockett's life was going exactly the way she had always planned—until one day it wasn't.

When Mia's career plans are shattered, the always-in-control surgeon has no choice but to head home to Paradise Ranch and her five younger sisters, cowboy boots in tow, to figure out how to get her life back on track. The appearance of a frustrating, but oh-so-sexy, former s

Published September 1st 2015 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about The Bride Wore Red Boots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride Wore Red Boots

Marie McKenney
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this cute story

Mia and Gabe at first happily didn't get along. She was in New York As a surgeon but then things happened at work. She went home to her family. They are in Wyoming. Gabe is helping her sister after her accident. He is a veteran who is also helping some veterans with issues. They have their ups and downs throughout the i time but life changes things for her in a big way. Love their interactions and her family. Their ranch is so wonderful. Love Rory also. Cute story and love th
Carrie
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was ok, the story was good and the characters were well developed. I liked that they had flaws and weren’t always super likeable. But there were some editing things that just got under my skin. A ‘heard’ of horses, and Mia circled her mare Penny, but then dismounted from a horse named Chevy? Maybe this isn’t the genre to be reading since I am picky about stuff like that, but it really spoils a book for me.
James a Schmidt
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Bride Wore Red Boots,a good read

This book didn’t hook me at the very beginning,it took awhile.But once you get into it, there are a lot of characters,and some of them are real characters! It’s a family story with lots of older sisters,a few Veterans,and a little boy.It is well written and the last chapters are wonderful while keeping you in suspense as to how it will end.I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Jeff Kraus
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast read and happily-ever-after

Besides a romance story, I liked that it included PTSD and the real life struggles of returning vets from the current wars we are fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. The reason if only earned four stars is that the heroine was a prickly, abrasive woman. Not likable at times.
Luke Livingston
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

Life as of a young doctor and her choices in life. Well written and fast paced. Enjoyed this book a lot.
Karen Siglasky
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heart warming family

Hard working and in denial. Main characters ,evolve and discover the depths of what home, family and love is about
Carolyn Lax
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

The characters in this book are very real and complete the story. The many subplots work and make it much more interesting.
Jen
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Avon Books in exchange for an honest review.

The Bride Wore Red Boots is the second novel in the Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys contemporary romance series from author Lizbeth Selvig. Amelia Crockett is the oldest among her sisters and has always been the one who had a plan and stuck by it. When her plan for career advancement doesn't go her way, a return to Wyoming becomes exactly what she needs, providing suppor
Jennifer Zorko
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bride Wore Red Boots (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys #2) by Lizbeth Selvig is just as wonderful as the first book in the series was. There are feisty girls, sassy women, hot cowboys, a merry band of military misfits and of course a WONDERFUL HEA that will make you cry, make you cheer and make you count down the days until book 3. This is Mia and Gabe's story.

Mia is a top notch surgeon, top of her field, published, accomplished, practically perfect. Every goal she sets she gets, nothing stand
Maria
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't know if I liked the eldest Crockett sister, Amelia aka Mia, from the first book. She came off as very goal oriented and high strung. Did she know her stuff as a doctor, most definitely but as a warm caring person...not so much.

Here we find Mia back in NY, at work and get filled in a little more as to what goes on in Mia's world. Rory, sweet 10 yr old little boy, whom Mia met when she treated his mother. A mother who became hooked on prescription drugs and then had the misfortune to deve
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
After Amelia Crockett plans for becoming a surgical doctor in NYC fall through, she is left feeling disappointed and not sure what to do, her only option is to return home to Paradise Ranch. Her plan is to spend some time with her family and hopefully also gain some perspective as to what life path she should follow next. Returning home also means putting herself in close proximity to former soldier Gabriel Harrison, which is quite unsettling for her...

Gabriel Harrison is a former soldier who fi
Susan Peterson
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful, funny, heartwarming romance! Mia Crockett is a surgeon living in NY, driven and a bit hardheaded; Gabriel Harrison is a patient advocate who has been helping Mia's family in Wyoming after Mia's sister is badly hurt in an accident. Mia and Gabe butt heads and drive each other crazy at first, but when Mia suffers a setback with her dream job and returns to Wyoming, they realize that there are sparks lurking beneath all their squabbles! What follows is more than a love story, as G ...more
Terri
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this second book in the Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys series, Ms. Selvig continues to blow me away. Not only are her primary characters strong, but the secondary characters are just as impressive and get you just as involved with their lives. She also deals with the subject of PTSD in the book, which is very near to my heart since it has forever changed my husband's life.
Amelia (Mia) is at a very disappointing time in her life. Nothing is going as planned and for Mia that is very unusual. S
Wendy Keel
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Book was received for the purpose of an HONEST review from Edelweiss.*

Wow! What a great romance. I have to say I have yet to read an Avon book I didn't adore. And THE BRIDE WORE RED BOOTS is no different. With this story we get to see Mia fall in love. Fans of the Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys series will adore this one. If you are new to the series, yes you'll want to read the previous titles, but I don't think you'll be lost if you don't. I loved watching Mia and Gabe fall in love and figure
Shirley Worley
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Mia is a no-nonsense surgeon who is married to her work. When she fails to get the promotion she had worked so hard for, she is stunned. Her work is impeccable, but her people skills are sorely lacking. Wounded, she takes time off and returns home, to her family's ranch, to be a liaison for her sister's upcoming spinal surgery. Once there, she runs into a man who knows how to push her buttons, and he enjoys it! In the process of being thrown together by necessity, they each reveal a wound that h ...more
Isha Coleman
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With her Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys series, Lizbeth Selvig has created story lines that are uplifting, entertaining and compelling. I have had the pleasure of reading The Bride Wore Denim (#1) and The Bride Wore Red Boots(#2). Ms. Selvig has centered these stories around two women that to the outside world appear sure of themselves and focused. Yet underneath it all are the normal human flaws. Insecurities, unhappiness, and longing for something more.
A visit home proves to be just the medic
Jeanie Jackson
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Delightful, adorable, and beautiful! I loved The Bride Wore Red Boots as much as I loved the first of the Seven Brides series! Lizbeth Selvig writes wonderful stories with characters so real, the reader has to feel attached. Our old friends from The Bride Wore Denim are back to support Mia and Gabe and his's Project groups of vets who are finding hilarious but not very popular ways to demonstrate their anger. She makes the transition from adversaries to friends work perfectly, a feat I was conce ...more
Pauline Frost
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scene starts out at hospital party for kids with Bitsy the clown and Dr. Amelia Crockett (Dr. Mia), then Rory Beltane has an allergic reaction that sets the rest of the story on a great adventure.
It is well written with plenty of detail and it really lets you connect with the characters and love them all. Lizbeth Selvig writes great dialogue and wonderfully realistic characters that will have you turning pages through twist and turns you cannot put it down until the end.
Jane
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

I LOVED this story!! It is a sexy, heartfelt, sometimes funny romance with Mia is NYC doctor on her way to a very successful career and Gabe is a veteran who works as a patient advocate for other veterans in a VA hospital in Wyoming. The author did a really good job of bringing you into the story and making the characters lovable and real. If you like romances with a strong heroine and a fun-loving hero throw in a child and a cat, this story is for you!!
Robin Selvig
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am loving the Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys books. The Bride Wore Red Boots is Amelia's story. She is on the fast track as a pediatric surgeon, but struggling with all the things going on at her longtime home in Wyoming. The characters are well developed and the story is well written. I can't wait to read The Bride Wore Starlight and the remainder of the stories.. Lizbeth is an excellent storyteller and a very good writer. Can't wait for more.
Kathleen Gray
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I haven't read any of Selvig's books in the past but I'll certainly look for her in the future. This was fun- it wasn't trite and it was a fresh take on the old tale of someone seeking to heal wounds and then coming up roses. Thanks AVON and Edelweiss for the opportunity. Recommend for anyone looking for a light, pleasant book AND a happy ending!
Ann
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mia returns home to the family ranch when she doesn't get the surgical job she wants in NYC. She and her sisters will try to run the ranch left by their father. She runs into Gab who is helping PTSD veterans. They join forces to help the wild mustangs, the vets and a young boy in foster care. Nicely written, I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
Carmen Kingsley
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won The Bride wore red boots on Goodreads Giveaways. If you loved The bride wore denim then you will adore this book too. I can hardly wait for book three. I loved the characters especially the "steamy" cowboys. Fun, entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable. Wonderful author.
Tammy  Tracy
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dr Amelia Crockett had her whole life planned out away from the family's Wyoming Ranch. When plans are shattered she has to find her own way. I love a cowboy story and this family of 6 girls is so much fun to read. I can't wait for more to come out. Love a current western <3
Karen Dieffenbaugher
Enjoyed the book very much...Good story line and it moves along keeping you interested. Not the usual story line and other things going on to hold your interest and you want to keep reading...Have not read any of Lizbeth Selvig other books but will definitely be reading more...
Polly
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great characters. The story was sweet and inspirational while dealing with loss, work stress, and healing returning vets with PTSD. An overall great read.
Catherine Crook
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Selvig gets me EVERYTIME! I loved this book from start to finish, and even got choked up.
Teresa
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book

Great book.
Good story. Likable characters. Well developed story line.
Will be looking for more books in series and by this author.
Barbara Clark
Aug 10, 2019
Linda Dunn chilson
Sep 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Moor Love
  • Ralston's Way (Prentiss, #1)
  • Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
  • Reason to Believe (White Lace, #2)
  • A Season of Love
  • Majesty's Rancho
  • Better Than Friends
  • Nanny 911 (The Precinct: SWAT #4; The Precinct #16)
  • Facing Fitz (The Whole A-Z, #3)
  • Voyeur
  • Imperfect Beauty
  • Stay Through The Night
  • Shameless (Mia Kazmaroff Mysteries, #2)
  • Heartless (The House of Rohan, #5)
  • His Secret Duchess
  • New Year
  • The Christmas Holiday
  • Anchors Aweigh (Maritime Men, #2)
Award-winning author Lizbeth Selvig writes fun, sexy-sweet contemporary romance. She is a winner of the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® award, and a finalist for RWA’s prestigious RITA® award. She turned to fiction writing after working as a newspaper journalist and magazine editor, and raising an equine veterinarian daughter and a talented musician son. Lizbeth shares life in Minnesota w ...more

Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys (4 books)
  • The Bride Wore Denim (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys, #1)
  • The Bride Wore Starlight (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys, #3)
  • Betting on Paradise (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys #4)