Start by marking “Chameleon (The Domino Project, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chameleon (The Domino Project, #1)

Chameleon

(The Domino Project #1)

After Sai's newly awoken psionic power accidentally destroys her apartment complex, she’s thrown into an intensive training program. The only grades are pass or die.

Surviving means proving her continued existence isn't a mistake--a task her new mentor, Bastian, takes personally. Her abilities place her in the GNW Enforcer division, which partners her with Domino 12, who i
Published July 21st 2015 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Chameleon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chameleon

Elana
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I simply loved this book! I got to read an early copy, and the pages flew by too fast! I loved the characters, and the seamless world-building. If you like science fiction, action, and well-developed characters, you'll love CHAMELEON!
Emma Adams
Chameleon is one of the best YA sci-fi novels I've read in a long time. The action starts on page one, and kept me riveted until the final page. The characters are three-dimensional and complex. Sai is a fantastic lead character, strong and kickass but with a vulnerable side. Although she's a believable teen, the writing had a mature feel which will appeal to adult as well as YA readers. The other characters are well-developed and interesting, and there's just enough detail to create a vivid pic ...more
Jami Leigh
I love this book!! <3 Sai isn't your typical YA heroine, she's vulnerable and strong at the same time, without coming across as wishy washy. As she tries to control her power and form relationships with those around her, I wanted to hug her, but I was afraid she'd punch me if I tried. The world building is fantastic, with a sort of Blade Runner meets X-Men with anime influences feeling that leaves me wanting more. This is scifi at it's best!

(Note: I beta read this one.)
Unfazeable Reader
*This review must be read in the movie trailer voice*

In a world filled with humans who don’t have superpowers, humans who do have superpowers, humans who glare, and alien-like robotic humanoids who just . . . do things, little Sai’s superpowers awaken. She gains new abilities, but destroys an entire block in the process, killing both of her parents.

As a result, she’s emotionally traumatized.

Like, seriously traumatized.

But in this world, traumatized little girls do not get to recover through conv
Brat
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually have two reviews in one. I gave my ARC to my 15 year old daughter to read, as she is definitely in the target audience for this book and I knew that the subject matter would appeal to her. She thoroughly enjoyed it, and when she finished, proclaimed loudly "I want MORE!" She honestly can not wait for the next two books and is terribly excited to get a hard copy of the book. In this day and age, when she reads and discards books on her mobile devices, wanting a hard copy is definitely ...more
M. Andrew Patterson
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
I was lucky enough to get an early copy and I can't wait to see the finished version. I may be a bit biased because I know the author, but this is an AWESOME scifi story. It's beautifully detailed with great characters. The science is not too heavy and still maintains an air of realism. I cannot wait to read the rest of this series because wow.

And seriously, psionically powered assassins and alien hybrids? Sign me up.
Jamie (LadyJai) Dement
I was one of the lucky ones to see this novel evolve over time. Even as a rough draft, this was an incredibly strong story. I was also blessed to be able to read the final product before it was released. Oh how I love ARCs! :)

By far one of my favorite YA SciFi novels of all time. KT Hanna has a way of getting into the head and the heart of both her characters and her readers. Her story. Her words. Her strong plot. Her strong and diverse characters. All leave the reader feeling all the emotions
Trix
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Having read a number of sci-fi/dystopia genre books, I was pleasantly surprised and very grateful that this book has the elements of emotion, intrigue and surprises. Tapping into the emotional turmoil of a teenager with special gifts is hard enough, as just describing what an angst ridden normal teenager is going through would be difficult as all most can manage are the occasional grunts. When reading through most books, I can fairly guess what happens next, this book tripped me up on a few occa ...more
Mandie Baxter
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book-owned, own
First a warning...this isn't a typical Mandie book. There isn't romance or kissing or even happily ever after. I just want to make readers aware of that first. I knew this going in (I was lucky enough to get an early e-book copy) and yet I still loved this book.

If you're a fan of sci-fi you'll enjoy Sai's thrilling ride as her psionic powers awaken and she trains to learn to control them. The characters she meets on her journey (humans, some with psionic powers, and Dominos (alien-parasite and
Brenda Drake
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. K.T. Hanna has a way of creating a cast of characters that are vivid and fully developed. Sai is strong, yet there’s a vulnerability to her that makes her endearing. The voice is fantastic and the fight scenes had me holding my breath. K.T. is a wonderful storyteller, weaving in all the details and emotions with amazing twists. Really loved the SciFi world she developed, I couldn’t put this down. From the beautiful cover to the amazing ending, it’s a well-craf ...more
Steve Westenra
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Never someone who was able to get into YA fiction, I wasn't expecting to love Chameleon as much as I did. Previous attempts to read YA have usually left me with a feeling that I knew the book was well-written and probably awesome, but that it just wasn't for me.

Maybe I was reading the wrong books, because Chameleon pulled me in right away, and left me with an overwhelming desire to learn more about the world, and especially about Dom and the rest of the Dominos.

The first few chapters of the
Amanda
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is nothing I enjoy more about a book than the feeling you get when you can’t put it down, the desperation to pick it back up and see what will happen next. I got that with Chameleon.

Not only did K.T. Hanna create an amazingly in depth world in which her story took place she built and developed characters that fit it perfectly. The personalities and the struggles make sense for the society. There is a reason why people are the way they are, not just a whim or an authors choice of fancy.

Nob
Heather Gilbert
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC for an honest review.

I cannot say enough about the world-building in this book. The complex privately run government, the depth of abilities with the psionics, and the dominos...

After Sai's powers wake up and destroy a city block, she trains to use her abilities for the GNW. Sai, Bastion and Dom work together on Sai's training and on missions Sai's sent out on. The more she does, the more she learns and there are secrets she uncovers that unravel everything she thought she kne
Madeline Dyer
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, yeah, I loved this book!

I was very lucky to receive an E-ARC of this book, and one thing's for sure: this is MY kind of book (so much so that I'm ordering a hard copy because I want it on my bookshelf!)

I loved it. Just the right amount of suspense, action, and character development. Sai was such an interesting character, extremely well thought-out. The world building was equally fantastic, everything (the society and the system structures) felt real, and any questions I had were answered.

T
Quinton Roberts
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Psionics, alien-hybrids, and kick-ass protagonists? How could you *not* read this?!

After reading through this book, my first thought was "when does the next one come out?!". From the beginning, the characters pulled me into this grand world. There was never a dull moment, and I look forward to learning more about Sai, Dom, Bastian, and the fate of the world in the next book(s)!

I fell completely in love with the world that K.T. Hanna brought to life in Chameleon, and cannot recommend it enough!
Cristina
Shelves: 2015-reads
This book was fantastic. Well written, with complex world building. KT Hanna knows how to weave a well paced story that keeps you glued to the pages. The characters are engaging and believable. Dom being my absolute favorite.I was completely enamored by the friendships in this story, the way they developed and progressed. I especially loved seeing Dom's feelings for Sai grow. So sweet. I honestly could not get enough of him.

I can't wait to read the next book in the series!!!
Rissa
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know which character I liked the most Sai, Dom, or Bastian. This book was so good. It is well edited, kept you entranced in the story line and is a fast read. The characters were well rounded and very easy to connect to. I found myself glancing at the countdown on my kindle thinking- no, it can't almost be over- I'm not ready!

Can't wait for the next one.
Kate Foster
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A seriously great sci-fi. Dark, edgy and complex. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a gripping read because of the author's tense voice; the characters are well defined, believable and likeable, despite all of their flaws; the story flows well; and the ending leaves you on edge to read more. If you like sci-fi, you will love this book.
Marlo Berliner
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great syfy read! Blew right through it and couldn't put it down!
Charles Daniel
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reminiscent of Ursula K LeGuin's Talents Series

With the possibility of alien nanotechnology. Although the alien metal deposited on the Earth by a meteor shower carries a "parasite" which acts on metals and electric current, It reads more like the probable actions of nanite devices. The psionic powers of the humans and dominoes are comparable to those in LeGuin's novels, so if you like her works you will probably enjoy this novel as well.
Leslie
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book wouldn't let me put it down, I finished it in 24hrs and have now downloaded the 2nd one!

I enjoyed watching Sai's evolution (and Dom's). I do wish there was a twist with Jefferys or more conflict in the big battle/escape chapters. Felt like that all went too smoothly (until it didn't).

looking forward to the rest of the books
Wendy
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The concept is good...

I enjoyed the concept of this book but there are some ideas that are a little too nebulous to fully understand. I think I got the gist of most of the ideas but I have a lot of questions. Unfortunately I don’t know if I’m excited enough to read the second book in the series to see if they answer any of those questions.
Cryogenic Fire
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed it

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this anywhere near as much as I did. The story is engrossing, the world building and characters well thought out and excellently drawn with the detail fine enough to give real colour to the plot without being cumbersome.

All in all an excellent read and well worth giving a try.
Dawn Ireland
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting from beginning to end

I’m completely enthralled with KT Hanna’s storytelling. The characters Sai, Bastion and Dom are so well formed, and the tension throughout the book kept me up into the night. I was reluctant to put the book down. I’ll be starting the next in the series soon.
Janie
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Armageddon can be exciting

While the scenarios of earths Armageddon canopen a multitude of choices this one grabbed me as feasable,
This one has possibilities
Anna Santos
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Bohemian Housewife Review

Chameleon is a YA, sci-fi novel about a futuristic world where people with psionic powers exist. What are psionic powers? Powers as telepathy, telekinesis, and other potent abilities.
The MC is Sai who is a teenager girl. She had her powers awaken when she was 12 and she has been scarred for life because of the lives she had taken when those powers emerged. At that age, she’s recruited and trained by an organization that uses psionic abilities for their own purposes a
Christina Hwang
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
S.L. Saboviec
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sai does not have an easy life. The book opens with her creating an explosion of psionic energy which kills everyone in her apartment building. And then things get worse.

The world-building in this book and attention to detail around the science was my favorite part of Chameleon. The world is dystopian, but a futuristic type of dystopian, where the population is unaware they're being mind-controlled. (1984 anybody?) And poor Sai, poor, poor Sai, when she should be off somewhere recovering from th
S.E. Doster
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
K.T. Hanna creates a unique sci-fi world with alien hybrids and some humans have psionic abilities. Unfortunately for Sai, this futuristic society is controlled by the GNW, a government who trains the psionics to do their bidding—no questions asked. Sai is a psionic whose world is nearly destroyed when her abilities surface, so when the GNW scoops her up, she feels compelled to discover who she’s really working for.

Sai is a fantastic MC, and I love Dom and Bastian as well. The story is well pace
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Citadel of the Sky (Thrones of the Firstborn #1)
  • Two (One Universe #2)
  • Any Port in a Storm (Ayala Storme #2)
  • The Old Races: Year of Miracles
  • Seeing Red (Ambassador, #1)
  • Touching Fate (The Fated, #1)
  • The Corridor (The Corridor Duology, #1)
  • Betrayals in Spring (The Last Year, #3)
  • Hunted
  • Ultraviolet Catastrophe
  • Sticks and Stones: The Troublesome Success of Children's Literature from Slovenly Peter to Harry Potter
  • Earthweb
  • Fantastic Metamorphoses, Other Worlds: Ways of Telling the Self
  • Tales from Brookgreen: Folklore, Ghost Stories, and Gullah Folktales in the South Carolina Lowcountry
  • Dragon Thief
  • Priestess of the Eggstone
  • Mistletoe and Mr. Right
  • furtl
KT Hanna has a love for words so extreme, a single word can spark entire worlds.

Born in Australia, she met her husband in a computer game, moved to the U.S.A. and went into culture shock. Bonus? Not as many creatures specifically out to kill you.

When she’s not writing, she freelance edits for Chimera Editing, and chases her daughter, husband, corgi, and cat. No, she doesn’t sleep. She is entirely

The Domino Project (3 books)
  • Hybrid (The Domino Project #2)
  • Parasite (The Domino Project, #3)