Start by marking “Blowing Smoke (SoulShares, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blowing Smoke (SoulShares, #5)

Blowing Smoke

(SoulShares #5)

Lasair Faol, Master of the Fade-Hounds to the Royal court of the Demesne of Fire in the Fae Realm, has been exiled to the human world by the Princess Consort for failing to catch her son’s kidnapper. Bryce Newhouse, Greenwich Village investment banker, is universally loathed by all who know him. Generally, he’s perfectly cool with that, but he discovers what he’s been miss ...more
ebook
Published July 12th 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Blowing Smoke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blowing Smoke

Didi

Finally a story with a puppy among the Fae and their SoulShares! For that alone, and because Setanta, the Fade-hound pup, was cute - I anted up the rating for this one. ;-)

Not only that, Blowing Smoke also a story of redemption that introduced a new pairing with reverse personalities; the human pair being the schmuck and the fae the nice one.

Bryce Newhouse had been the jerk we first met in Deep Plunge: Book 3 of the SoulShares Series. Turned out he'd been a jerk his whole thirty-one ye
Rian Durant
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Blown away

If someone had told me few weeks ago that I’d come to care for Bryce Newhouse from the SoulShare series, my reaction would be “Yeah, right...” So when I learnt who the fifth book would be about I was something like ”Erm...Uh! Okay, will give it a try only because it is form my favorite series.”

I should’ve learnt by now that Rory ni Coileain, except the immense talent to weave tales as prefect as Fae knotwork, always has a surprise or two hidden up her sleeve.

In “Blowing smoke” she suc
Kerr
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
description

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for a chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Publish date: 12th July 2015

Full review can also be found on: Paein and Ms4Tune’s Book Blog

So, I have to admit that going into this I sort of wondered if this was just sort of an extention to the story, we'd had one of each element and what was this extra book about? But I'm happy to report this is not the case because past events have reason that are revealed in this book.

Also, this time,
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Reviewed at The Blogger Girls.

When Lasair, Master of the Fade-Hounds for the Demesne of Fire Royals, is exiled from the Fae Realm, he ends up in a strange place with a standoffish man who just might be his SoulShare. Unfortunately, the more Bryce pushes him away, the more he’s determined to stay. Bryce has lived the first 31 years of his life with no soul and now that Lasair’s showed up, he’s struggling with having a conscious and his feelings for Lasair. With Bryce’s resistance and Las
Hot Stuff for Cool People
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Also, this review originally appeared on Hot Stuff for Cool People.

'Blowing Smoke,' the fifth book in Rory ni Coileain's SoulShares series, focuses on Lasair, the fae master of the hounds, who is about to be banished from the fae realm to the human one. He winds up in the basement of Bryce, a man who's been cruel and rude and pretty much just all around terrible to everyone around him, for his whole life. But what Bryce and
Shirley
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I know I said that the last person that I expected to relate to in this series was Cuinn when I reviewed Firestorm. That was before I found out that Bryce was getting his own story. Granted, he gained a couple of 'brownie points' at the end of Firestorm, but after everything he had pulled up until that point, I never would have guessed he warranted even a trace amount of sympathy. I've said it before, yet it bares repeating. One of the many things that an author can impress me with is their abil ...more
AIly
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is the only book from the SoulShares series I read so far, that’s why I wasn’t able to assimilate the whole concept of this magic world, the relationship between the characters, and some references to the previous books. I enjoyed the story overall, even though I felt very lost most of the time, but I don’t think this particular fiction world and characters are what I want to read about, so I most probably will finish my journey with this book alone.

Since the main plot goes from book one a
Brandilyn
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015, read-2016, mm
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

The SoulShare series by Rory Ni Coileain is one that I will be reading time and again. I don't think I will be getting tired of it anytime soon. Good thing, since book 6 is estimated for release in December, and there are at least two more in the works after that.

For full review see Prism Book Alliance http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?pos...

Elisa Rolle
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Blowing Smoke by Rory Ni Coileain: http://reviews-and-ramblings.dreamwid... 2015 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Sally
J
added it
Feb 17, 2016

SoulShares (8 books)
  • Hard as Stone (SoulShares, #1)
  • Gale Force (SoulShares, #2)
  • Deep Plunge (SoulShares, #3)
  • Firestorm (SoulShares, #4)
  • Mantled In Mist (The SoulShares Series, #6)
  • Undertow (SoulShares #7)
  • Stone Cold (SoulShares #8)