Start by marking “A Thousand Boy Kisses” as Want to Read:
A Thousand Boy Kisses

A Thousand Boy Kisses

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  18,978 ratings  ·  3,962 reviews
One kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime. One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe.

When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where
Published March 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about A Thousand Boy Kisses, please sign up.
Kristy It depends on your definition of HEA. In the conventional sense, I would say no but, in my opinion, there is a sense of closure and happiness in the…moreIt depends on your definition of HEA. In the conventional sense, I would say no but, in my opinion, there is a sense of closure and happiness in the ending. (less)

·  18,978 ratings  ·  3,962 reviews

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Okay, okay, where to start with this thing...

***Enter Diplomatic Val***

FUCK.

THIS.

BOOK.

description

Oh, I'm sorry, did I say "Diplomatic Val?"

My bad.

Cause I tripped that bitch on her way in.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love me some Tillie Cole and I still will after this shit show.

But, as I was saying:

FUCK this book and thesaying:
FUCK
Val***
Tillie Cole
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is by far my most favorite of the novels I have written. It called me to write it over 18 months ago, but I resisted until I could resist no more. Poppy and Rune have taken my entire heart and soul with them on this journey, and I am forever changed by it. Moved by it. Inspired by it.

I hope you all love this novel as much as I loved bringing these beautiful characters to life.

Yes, it's a tearjerker. But it's so much more too. Take a chance on this story of young, but undeniable
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: 6 STARS!! :::

Kiss eight hundred and nineteen was the kiss that changed it all. The kiss that proved that a long-haired brooding boy from Norway and a quirky girl from the Deep South could find a love to rival the greats.

It showed that love was simply the tenacity to make sure that the other half of your heart knew he, or she, was adored in every way. In every minute of every day. That love was tenderness in its purest form.

WOW. WOW. WOW!!!!!!

This was one of the most breathtakingly beautiful b
Christy
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE STARS!!!!!!

photo 4227C4D9-5E77-4FE0-9B53-9B60FB1C3942_zps6f5xbpej.jpg
Live hard, love harder. Chase dreams, seek adventures… capture moments. Live beautifully.

Every once in a while, you read a book that completely turns your world upside down. It happens every so often, and when it does, your heart is so full you feel like it could burst. I wish I could express how much this book impacted me, how
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****10+++++++++ FOREVER ALWAYS TO INFINITY STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

As I stared at Rune, I asked myself how I had gotten so lucky. I was loved by this boy, loved so fiercely that other loves paled in comparison.

I closed my eyes and replayed our lives in my mind. I remembered the times I hugged him and he hugged me harder. I remembered how I kissed him and he kissed me deeper. And best of all, I remembered how I would love him and he would always strive to love me more.

photo 1cea56023860a765c70596f235e01e81_zpspkuuqof5.jpg

Where do I begin to describe this incrAuthor}
As
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cry-baby-books
This one was simply just too darn sappy and cheesy for me. The dialogue wasn’t even age appropriate the majority of the time (Mom of 17 & 11 year old girls). The grandmother and her gift was the best and most original aspect of the story, which I loved.

The whole second half of the story was completely unoriginal with Chinese lanterns (read this year in two books already), Sunrises (Dude), neighbor hero sneaking into heroine's room and bed nightly (more books than I can count include this), wishlist s
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
No rating.

I should really start reading spoilers before I start the book. But this is Tillie Cole so I one-clicked it without thinking.

I didn’t DNF this book because the writing was bad.

On the contrary. The writing was great.

I didn’t DNF it because I didn’t like the characters.

No rating.

I didn’t DNF this book because the writing was bad.

On the contrary. The writing was great.

I didn’t DNF it because I didn’t like the characters.

The characters were awesome. I loved them both dearly and with all my heart.

I didn’t DNF it because I couldn’t connect to the story or the characters.

No, the real reason is exactly the opposite.

I DNF'D IT BECAUSE I CONNECTED TOO MUCH.

I was one hundred percent invested into the story right until the 35% mark. And then BAM!

The three dreaded, ugly words....

And I was done. I was so pissed I almost threw my tablet against the wall.

Because I can't stomach another book that will make me feel miserable for days after finishing it. And no ending will make me feel better, believe me.

Real life sometimes sucks. And I want to use my books as an escape from the harsh reality.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
THIS. BOOK. BROKE. MY. HEART. INTO. A. THOUSAND. LITTLE. HEARTS.

I didn't think I would make it through this book. I cried and cried and cried and ............

This is a love story like no other and I hate/love it. God! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! What can I say to you people out there! My feelings are just shot! This book is so beautiful, so sad and just damn it.

Rune and Poppy met when they were 5 years old. Rune had j
Beverly
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book a million stars I would. It’s legit one of my favorite reads of all time. I love Tillie Cole, but I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting a book like this from her. I mean I love all her books, no matter what she is writing, so why I painted her in a box is beyond me. I mean I first fell in love with her writing in Sweet Home. Then I met her at a signing and put together that she had also written one of my favorite MC series, I know I am dense for not realizing this sooner. Then I ...more
Pearl Angeli
3.5 Stars

Tillie Cole is a new-to-me author. I have heard a lot of great things about her books and A Thousand Boy Kisses is one of them. The cover is so beautiful as well as the title. I must say though that I wasn't prepared for its intensity and heaviness. The moment I started it, I knew it would be a challenging book to read because of its melancholy tone. It sure was. The story was more poignant than I've expected.

"Maybe we're like a cherry blossom, Rune. Like shooting stars. Maybe we loved too much too young and bexpected.
Brandi
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 'Moonbeam hearts and sunshine smiles'

So on this Mega Tuesday, with political shit being flung at me from every direction - instead of an 'I voted' sticker, perhaps mine should reflect the following sentiment.

description

Because, A Thousand Boy Kisses did not thaw this chick. I get it, I see how this read could get those tear ducts working, tug at those heart strings - its an emotional topic.'I
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: A Thousand Boy Kisses
Series: Standalone
Author: Tillie Cole
Release date: March 14 , 2016
Cliffhanger: No

This is one of those books. The ones that are special, the ones that stand out in your mind when you think about the books that impacted you the most. There is no doubt in my mind that years from now, I will remember these characters with crystal clarity. I can count on one hand the books that have tore me apart and demolished my pea2016
Cole
ReleaseStandalone
Kisses
Warda
May 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Jeezus, this was bad. Poorly written, the story was horribly executed. It was meant to be intense and heart-wrenching, but I felt nothing other than pure annoyance. I wanted the main characters to just shut up.
The odd slut-shaming pissed me off. The non-stop cliche. The romance and dialogue were vomit-inducing.
Unrealistic.

I couldn’t do it.

DNF at 60%.
———————————

In need of my romance fix. Buddy-reading with
my fav!
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

A Thousand Boy Kisses is a really sweet story about two childhood friends who are meant to be. Poppy and Rune meet when they are just five years old and have a beautiful and tender relationship.

When Poppy is eight years old, her grandmother gives her a jar full of plain pink hearts, and tells her to record all her boy kisses, but only the special ones, the ones that make her hear
Patrycja

Release Date: 15 March, 2016
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Write down where you were when you were kissed. You'll have a treasure jar of all the precious kisses that made your heartclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
2016
Cole
ReleaseStandalone
Kisses
Dee Montoya
A THOUSAND Cherry Blossom Stars************************

(ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

"Moonbean hearts and sunshine smiles"

The beauty of this novel consumed me. Tillie Cole once again takes ownership of my heart with her talent. She wrote a book entirely about love and how powerful and healing it could be. A magnificent story that will stay with me forever.

photo image_zps728lhcnn.jpeg

photo image_zpswu1eoqd1.jpeg

I've been a loyal fan of Tillie Cole for years; I've read all of her books. I've always admired her ability to always create new and different types ofStars************************

(ARC ...more
S.M. West
5 'as special as special can be.' STARS

"Sometimes all we get are moments. There are no do-overs."

Yes, this is YA, not usually something I’ll read but it's also Tillie Cole. She gave me the Carillo boys, The Hades Hangmen and the Scarred Souls so it was a no-brainer for me. I had to read it, genre be damned! And seriously, so glad that I did. This was like nothing Tillie’s ever done before; this book is now among my favourites of hers.

“Poppy and Rune – there was no beginning to us and no end.”
5 'as special as special can be.' STARS

"Sometimes all we get are moments. There are no do-overs."

“Poppy and Rune – there was no beginning to us and no end.”
 photo ATBK2_zpsny5krlrx.jpg

This is a tale about two teenagers, Poppy Litchfield and Rune Kristiansen, who have been best friends since the tender age of 5. They have a connection that many dream of and their bond captures the purest and deepest of friendship, love, trust, forgiveness and forever.

“She was my cherry blossom...unrivaled beauty…”

This story is sweet, innocent, moving and full on tearjerker! Seriously, do not attempt without tissues.

Tillie took me on a achingly heartbreaking but also breathtakingly beautiful story that’s couched on the premise of Poppy’s jar of a thousand boy kisses.

Upon her mamaw’s deathbed, she gifts Poppy with a jar of 1,000 blank, pink paper hearts and tasks her with recording all her boy kisses that “make her heart almost burst, the ones that are the most special, the ones you want to remember…The ones that will make you smile when you remember them in your mind.”

“I’ll give you a thousand kisses, Poppymin. All of them. No one will kiss you ever, but me.”
“That would be forever, Rune. To never be kissed by anyone else means we’ll be together forever, and ever and ever!”

This story evoked a wide range of emotions from me and despite how hard or sad it was at times, Tillie managed to still give me a stunningly satisfying story about a truly epic love that touched me to the bottom of my heart.
 photo ATBK_zpsbq2stc7l.jpg

“My kisses are all yours, Rune. No one else will ever have these lips but you.”

I can’t recommend this book enough!!
If you love Tillie Cole, read it.
If you want an epic love story, read it.
If you want an unforgettable tale that will break you and put you back together again, read it!

**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.**

For more reviews and blog posts.
Beth Hudspeth
Aug 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

A Young Adult tearjerker romance that left me feeling more emotional for my lost time than for any of the characters. Sappy moments and over the top cheese just had me wishing it was over.

I’m not going into too much depth with this one because I don’t want to go off on a rant or something. I don’t like being negative. So many people have loved this book and I’m just really sad I couldn’t. I started out expecting to love this book. I love tearjerkers and I love/>
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Tillie Cole" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: A Thousand Boy Kisses
AUTHOR: Tillie Cole
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: March 15th, 2016

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Such a powerful, bittersweet, emotional, love story of epic proportions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One kiss lasts a moment.
But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.

ONE THOUSAND BOY KISSES We'r2016
MYRomance
RELEASEKisses
author
"Tillie
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 3.75 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

I have tried writing a review for this book for the past two days and I just can't. So I will show you through gifs how this book made me feel.

When the book started, it seemed like everything was going to be great. Rune and Poppy meet as little kids and I know I'm gonna love them together. But then Poppy's grandma comes into the picture with her thousand boy
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

It's LIVE early!!
Amazon US
Amazon UK

10 ‘and our hearts are bursting’ stars

‘Rune pressed a kiss just below my ear and whispered, “Sleep, baby. I got you.” And he did. He had me. Just like I had him.’

Yet another genre and yet another winner from the supremely talented and versatile Tillie Cole. Not just a winner, but now our favourite of all her books and that’s no easy feat considering we have loved everything this author has written. From the funny to the gritty, from the emotional tstars
‘RuneUK
Angela
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Rune’s family moves from Norway to Georgia, Rune never expected to love his time there. When he meets the quirky, talented, and shy girl that lives next-door things start to look up for him. Poppy knew the second she met Rune they were going to be best friends and didn’t hold back
letting him know. Over the next few years the two spent every moment together. The two do everything together and as they grow so does their relationship. The two go from best friends to boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Live hard, love hardergirlfriend.
warhawke
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Emotional pain sluts
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Poppy Litchfield was only 5 years old when a new boy moved in next door. They became fast friends and had been inseparable since.

Rune Kristiansen had plenty of adventure with Poppy. When they were separated, things completely changed between them. When he finally came back, both of them no longer knew each other. But when the truth that divided them came to the surface, they must decide how to make the love they once had worth all the pain.

Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

I had this one under my ugly crying list for a while now but been pushing it back due to the age range. I'm glad I finally read this and enjoyed it regardless of their ages.

I love Rune. It hurt to see how he evolved from an innocent kid to what he became towards the end of the book. I felt and understood his pain, his fear and his anger.

Being loved by Rune brought the heady sensation of warmth. Being hated by Rune was like standing on an arctic ice shelf.

Poppy was such a cute kid when they first met. Even though socially she was the opposite of Rune, together they just clicked.

“How can a love like ours be broken?"

The story was somewhat cute and sweet, but it also hurt. I really like the "thousand boy kisses" element and how it drove the story. It became the source of both smiles and tears.

A Thousand Boy Kisses is a story of a couple's journey making up for the time they lost. It would appeal to readers looking for emotional reads.

Note:
If you know me well enough you’d know I don’t do the pink flowers and heart thing on my teasers. But those two elements are significant to the story so there is it lol!

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

Catarina
2,5 Heartbreaking Stars.

Poppy and Rune grew up together as best friends, until they fall in love as teenagers. Until the day Rune has to go back to his home country, Norway, and leave Poppy behind. They promise not to lose contact or forget about each other, but everything changes when Poppy suddenly stops all contact. Two years later, Rune is back on the US and reunited with Poppy once more. But when he finds out why Poppy stopped talking to him he’ll realize the worst is yet to come and som
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 A Thousand Stars

If you are curious about this book, I highly suggest you read this book blindly. It’s a sweet Young Adult book that will grip and melt your heart.

Not only do I love the cover, the author, but the storyline was very profound and very emotional. If you are looking for a dramatic book with an epic love, A Thousand Boy Kisses is just for you, but that’s no surprise right? Tillie Cole rarely disappoints me.

It’s about two young lovers, childhood lovers since the age of five. It’s adorable and I l
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016

It's LIVE early!!
Amazon US
Amazon UK

10 ‘and our hearts are bursting’stars

Yet another genre and yet another winner from the supremely talented and versatile Tillie Cole. Not just a winner, but now our favourite of all her books and that’s no easy feat considering we have loved everything this author has written. From the funny to the gritty, from the emotional tbursting’stars
‘RuneUK
Jayme

I had the pleasure of reading this book for honest review from the author, but how the hell I have write anything after what I just read.... It's virtually impossible. Too much emotions. So beautiful, and on the other hand, so devastating. I probably never weeping that much the entire time while reading a book.

God knows, I had to stop reading it several times to wipe tears, or when not withstand the emotions. I really don't know how she did it but this book is extraordinary. I'm a Tillie Cole f
Hulya Kara Yuksel
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Hulya by: Seda
This book!!! 😢😢😢

God, help me please... I'm crying.crying.crying so bad. Ugh I'm a fucking mess right now. 😢😢😢

Jen
**4.5 stars**

I don't really know where to begin with this book, or how to do it justice with how I felt while reading it. The best I guess would be to speak/write from my heart!! First of all, I need to give Tillie Cole a huge Bravo for making me "ugly cry!" I can honestly say that no book has ever made me have tears streaming down my face; until I met Poppy and Rune. Their love story is one that I won't ever forget, and it melted me right down to my core...if that even makes sense!
*TANYA*
Feb 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-again
If I had a nickel for every time I wanted to DNF this book I'd have a thousand nickels in my jar!! It took me FOREVER to finish this book!!! Needless to say I didn't like it at all. It tried too hard to be a tear jerker.

• Running Barefoot
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Hawthorne & Heathcliff
  • Desperately Seeking Epic
  • The Complete Emi Lost & Found Series (Lost & Found, #0.5-#3)
  • Kane's Hell
  • Becoming Calder
  • Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1)
  • Mists of the Serengeti
  • Fisher's Light (Fisher's Light, #1)
  • Waiting for Wyatt
  • The Empty Jar
  • A Gift of Time (Nine Minutes, #3)
  • Losing Me Finding You (Losing Me Finding You, #1)
  • Dusty
  • One Day Soon (One Day Soon, #1)
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • The Story of Me (Carnage, #2)
Amazon & USA Today Best Selling Author, Tillie Cole, is a Northern girl through and through. She originates from a place called Teesside on that little but awesomely sunny (okay I exaggerate) Isle called Great Britain. She was brought up surrounded by her English rose mother -- a farmer's daughter, her crazy Scottish father, a savagely sarcastic sister and a multitude of rescue animals and hor ...more
“Live hard, love harder. Chase dreams, seek adventures … capture moments. Live beautifully.” 122 likes
“Why does it take a life ending to learn how to cherish each day? Why must we wait until we run out of time to start to accomplish all that we dreamed, when once we had all the time in the world? Why don’t we look at the person we love the most like it’s the last time we will ever see them? Because if we did, life would be so vibrant. Life would be so truly and completely lived.” 79 likes