Start by marking “Information Anxiety 2 (Hayden/Que)” as Want to Read:
Information Anxiety 2 (Hayden/Que)

Information Anxiety 2 (Hayden/Que)

A follow up to the first edition, Information Anxiety 2 teaches critical lessons for functioning in today's Information Age. In this new book, Wurman examines how the Internet, desktop computing, and advances in digital technology have not simply enhanced access to information, but in fact have changed the way we live and work. In examining the sources of information anxie ...more
Published December 28th 2000 by QUE

To ask other readers questions about Information Anxiety 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Information Anxiety 2

Tamara
Feb 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Mostly theoretical, but quite interesting in terms of people's emotions regarding the need for knowledge. Chapter 3, detailing which management styles pair well with different learning styles was of particular interest.

Favorite Quotes:

Information is not enough. Organization is as important as content. Your market is your world. If you can't integrate, you can't operate. Size really doesn't count. It's not the what, but the how.

When you can admit that you don't know, you are more likely to ask
Terresa
Apr 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Did you know that "a weekday edition of THE NEW YORK TIMES contains more info. than the average person was likely to come across in a lifetime in 17th cent. England?" This is true.

This book challenges you to make sense of the information
overloading your life, including info in the form of news, magazines, TV, etc.
Mjaballah
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good attempt to follow a truly great book. However, not as groundbreaking as its predecessor. I read both books over a long period. One chapter at a time, I recommend reading them in this manner. I took so many notes down, that I ended up deciding to buy the book. Unfortunately, its pretty impossible to find a copy of this book here in New Zealand.
Daniel
Nov 01, 2010 marked it as not-read
...examines how the Internet, desktop computing, and advances in digital technology have not simply enhanced access to information, but in fact have changed the way we live and work. In examining the sources of information anxiety, Wurman takes an...
Eli
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Everyone having trouble with learning and understanding information ought to read it! <3
Westerville
Mar 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Tamara says, "Mostly theoretical, but quite interesting in terms of people's emotions regarding the need for knowledge."
Alison
Aug 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, adult
I read this for a library science class, but it's really intended more for people in the work force. Even though the content is rather dated, ten years later, Wurman's ideas are still quite sound.
Nelson
Apr 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Love this book. This man is a genius.
Ben
  • The Information Design Handbook
  • Designing Visual Interfaces: Communication Oriented Techniques
  • Contextual Design: Defining Customer-Centered Systems
  • Designing Interactions [With CDROM]
  • Unix in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference for System V Release 4 and Solaris 2.0
  • Designing for Interaction: Creating Smart Applications and Clever Devices
  • Social Network Analysis: Methods and Applications
  • Usability Engineering
  • Small Pieces Loosely Joined: A Unified Theory Of The Web
  • Rapid Viz : A New Method for the Rapid Visualization of Ideas
  • Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests
  • Subject To Change: Creating Great Products & Services for an Uncertain World
  • Ambient Findability: What We Find Changes Who We Become
  • Designing the Obvious: A Common Sense Approach to Web Application Design
  • Communication Power
  • The Social Life of Information
  • The Shock of the Old: Technology and Global History Since 1900
  • What Would Dewey Do? (Unshelved, #2)
“The most essential prerequisite to understanding is to be able to admit when you don't understand something” 16 likes
“I believe I’m very normal. I’m hyper-normal. I’m more normal than anyone else I know. I think my thoughts, my indulgences, my desires, my pleasures may at first appear different, but that is only because they are more normal, not because they are more esoteric.

I believe I am bored when other people are bored, only faster. I am interested when others are interested, only more interested. But I also think I’m less, rather than more, intelligent than other people.

By indulging my interests through my life, and perhaps because of rather than despite many failures, I have been able to design my life.”
4 likes