Jump to ratings and reviews

Hot in the Hamptons #2

Summer Temptation

Meet Leigh DeGray...

After graduating college with honors and landing the job of my dreams in New York City, I’m off to The Hamptons to spend the summer with my two best friends. My life seems perfect, right? It’s not. The truth is, I have a secret that may make the future I’d planned so carefully completely fall apart. A hot summer romance is the absolute last thing I’m looking for... Until I meet a man who tempts me like no other and shows me a hot summer romance is exactly what I need.

Meet Nick Kenzy...

After two years of working my ass off as a Wall Street analyst, I’m out of a job, with no warning, no thank you, and no severance. Am I angry? You’re damn right I am. So when I head to the Hamptons for the weekend to spend time with my granddad, I plan to regroup and relax before I return to the city to hit the job search hard. I don’t need any distractions. Then I meet Leigh. Suddenly, a summer temptation makes me question everything I want for my future...

Love burns hotter in the Hamptons. Come play.

The Hot in the Hamptons Series:
Summer Dreaming by Liz Matis
Summer Temptation by Wendy S. Marcus
Summer Sins by Jennifer Probst

Three separate novellas. Three different authors. One summer to remember.

Read them all, or just read one. It’s up to you! But when read together, you’ll find extra story scenes to enhance your reading pleasure. No matter which route you choose, these standalone novellas will make you burn.

140 pages, ebook

First published August 4, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Wendy S. Marcus

70 books266 followers
Wendy S. Marcus is an award-winning author of contemporary romance who lives in the beautiful Hudson Valley region of New York...where she spends way too much time indoors on her computer. Writing. Really! Okay, more like…where she spends way too much time on Twitter and Facebook! To learn more about Wendy and the books she’s managed to write, in spite of her social media addiction, visit http://WendySMarcus.com.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 43 reviews
Profile Image for Nance.
1,504 reviews106 followers
August 7, 2015
This was a short little novella that promises to keep the reader hooked from page 1! Two people that start off on the wrong foot, but soon find that they are smitten with each other as time goes by. Leigh was a strong and vibrant woman, while Nick was a confident and caring male. I read this in record time because I was so caught up in their story and had to know how it ended. Endearing supporting characters just make this romance more of a feel-good story. Looking forward to reading about Leigh's two best friends, Storme and Kelsey, who were briefly introduced with intrigue within Ms. Marcus' superb novella...
Profile Image for Hannah.
2,007 reviews29 followers
August 15, 2015
ARC REVIEW

I liked Leigh and Nick, I liked their whole romance and the initial meeting was classic. The story was sweet and romantic.

Leigh had it all planned out, she already got accepted to a high end PR firm even before she graduated. But she has hit a bump in the road that can threaten to derail her whole life. She has the summer at the Hamptons before she starts her job to figure it all out.

Nick Kenzy has worked his butt off the last two years and was just fired, now he needs to find a way to support his Grandfather until he finds a new job. He has always loved his grandfather's home in the Hamptons and never expected to fall in love with the girl who was nice enough to eat lunch with a lonely old man. But he has to work through her defenses and prove he won't let anything get in the way of their love.
Profile Image for Eunice Lan.
86 reviews1 follower

Got the Book By: Arc was given for an Honest Review
Rating: 4 StarsBlurb:

Meet Leigh DeGray...

Meet Nick Kenzy...

Love burns hotter in the Hamptons. Come play.

Review

Leigh just graduated from collage and goes to have a summer in the Hamptons before returning to her life and her secrets. In the Hamptons she meets Nick which was a a total asshole when he met her, but after his apologies they start a friendship. Nick is the only person that Leigh feels secures to tell her secrets out, he seems the only one to understand. But her secret is the only reason that they can’t  stay together.  As the story goes on they decide to have the best time during the summer before the bad things happen. They future are waiting for the summer to end but can they keep their relations or the secrets are to much to handle.

Summer Temptations is one of the three novellas of the Hot in the Hamptons series. Each book can read as a standalone and each one of them are written by different authors. I really enjoy reading the summer temptation because is a great and easy read. It is a lovely story about love and getting each other back in love. Both Nick and Leigh make an excellent couple.

Profile Image for Bff Book Blog.
380 reviews37 followers
August 14, 2015
Hot in the Hamptons is just that – HOT, HOT, HOT! This set of 3 novellas is the quintessential beach read! They’re fast, fun and super sexy! I absolutely fell in love with Kelsey and Sean, Leigh and Nick, Storme and Holden.

Kelsey fulfills her life-long lifeguard fantasy with the super sexy Sean!

Leigh shares her most life altering secret with the sure and steady Nick.

Storme and Holden put their lives and expectations on hold to diacover if their chemistry is the real deal and OMG, You’ll want to find a Holden!

This is the summer that changes EVERYTHING! What seemed like a carefree last blast is that and so much more for these 3 BFFs. These are novellas, so the stories are quick and succinct. You’re not going to get rich character development and back and forth angst that lasts chapter after chapter. You will get super fun, incredibly sexy, quick reads that are perfect for the beach or a day by the pool. If you’re looking for quick but fulfilling romantic stories with fun characters in an idyllic setting, make this your last summer blast!

An ARC of each book in the series was received in exchange for an honest review. BFF Book Blog also uses a set of icon ratings. Additional icon ratings for this series included: romance, steamy, sweet, butterflies and supporting characters!
Profile Image for Maria Rose.
2,484 reviews246 followers
April 2, 2016
This is a sweet and sexy summer romance, the story of Leigh and Nick and is part of a trio of stories, each standalone but with linked characters. There are three girlfriends who are enjoying a summer together before one of the them gets married in a few weeks. For Leigh, it's a chance for some fun before she knuckles down to her first real post college job. Nick is an out of work investment banker who is in the Hamptons to stay with his grandfather while he regroups and looks for another position. Though they get off on the wrong foot initially it's not long before they find themselves on better footing and enjoying each other's company, rather more than they expected. I enjoyed the story and there was definite chemistry between Leigh and Nick that leads to some sexy scenes. I liked how the plot developed, the glimpses of Leigh's friends who star in the other two stories in the series, and the interactions that Leigh and Nick have with Nick's grandfather who is a very sweet man. It's a great summer story, not too long, minimal angst and a lovely romance. 4 stars.

Note: a copy of this story was provided by the author for review.

Profile Image for Hina Tabassum Khatri.
620 reviews117 followers
July 25, 2015
In first person narrative it is more of an emotional connection with the character that I feel.

Her life might change because of one weak moment of her life but Leigh does not stop her life because of that. She wants to fill all the happiness and living dreams in her life that she still can. Always new dreams and goals on the horizon.

Out of his high flying job at the Wall Street, Nick is by no means a pauper but he still hesitates breaking the news to his grandfather who loves him dearly.

A chance meeting at first where Nick insults Leigh results in him finding her again to apologise and the meetings just keep on happening. What was supposed to be a Summer Fling becomes a Fling for Forever.

Not all is happy though. Leigh's secret fear is realised but is that enough to deter Nick from being with the woman he loves with his heart and soul?
Profile Image for Janie.
1,343 reviews14 followers
August 11, 2015
"Summer Temptation" by Wendy S. Marcus is book 2 in her 'Hot in the Hamptons' series. It is a read alone book or you can read the first book in the series which I recommend. Perfect Summer read at the beach or by the pool. You can also read this in Winter if you'd like and dream about warm Summer days.

Leigh goes to the Hamptons with her friends for a last Summer jaunt before becoming a responsible adult and entering the job network. Nick is jobless and in the Hamptons to take care of his ill Grandfather. Leigh and Murphy, Nick's Grandfather, develop a friendship as she helps him grieve the loss of his wife Lily on their 50th Anniversary.

So much more to this story that I do not want to give away. It is a quick, enjoyable read. Wendy S. Marcus does it again. Pick yours up today and enjoy the Summer.
Profile Image for Helen.
2,317 reviews12 followers
August 7, 2015
What a great read this one is one of three stories about three friends with three different authors and it is fun sensual and emotional as hardworking Leigh spends the summer in The Hamptons and falls for such a great hero caring and loving Nick. Leigh has a problem that she has kept to herself but when she gets to know Nick a little better after their first fiery meeting she finds it so easy to talk to him and opens right up and they decide to spend the summer together for fun but this leads to such a beautiful HEA there will be some tears but there will be lots of smiles I loved this one and highly recommend it MS Marcus really knows how to write such endearing and lovable characters that enrich the story and I do look forward to the next two in this series.
Profile Image for Marcy.
250 reviews6 followers
August 7, 2015
I really loved these characters. The author does a wonderful job of making them real with honest emotions. Leigh is spending summer at the beach after college graduation with her two best friends before real life hits her. She never expected to meet Nick, who suddenly finds himself at loose ends. I also really loved Nick's grandfather, Murphy.

It can be read as a stand alone, but is part of three connected stories by different authors. I'd recommend reading them all to enhance the experience.
Profile Image for Amber Hughes.
815 reviews111 followers
August 18, 2015
This was my first read by Wendy and I will definitely be reading more of her books! I really liked the chemistry between Nick & Leigh and how Nick was there for Leigh through everything she was going through. Great sexy, romantic novella.
Profile Image for BookWorm 221.
954 reviews71 followers
December 2, 2015
Awwww this one actually made me tear up a little bit.

Great addition to the Hot in the Hamptons series, Leigh and Nick were so cute together and both had many admirable qualities, I really liked the way their relationship progressed and it made for some very cute date scenes.
Profile Image for Landslide.
343 reviews73 followers
February 16, 2016
*I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Summer Temptation takes place at the same time as the other books in the series. And, if you've read the first one, you already know what's going on with Kelsey... So now we get to know what is going on with Leigh and why she behaves somewhat weirdly in the previous book. Leigh suspects she may be pregnant but she delays taking the test because she really just wants to enjoy her last Summer vacation with her friends before they all go their separate ways.

On her way to the Hamptons, Leigh stops for lunch and ends up sharing a meal with an elderly widower who was at the restaurant celebrating what would've been one more wedding anniversary. And it's been a very enjoyable meal until Murphy's grandson, Nick Kenzy, interrupts them and confuses her with a prostitute...

Leigh gives him a scolding and leaves. And Nick is left feeling very guilty. Luckily he has the opportunity to apologise soon after that when he meets her in a party. And explains to her how hard it has been to deal with the death of his grandmother and with the reaction of his grandfather, since his parents have moved away and, as if that wasn't enough, he had just been fired on the same afternoon he met her... To which she counterposes that her grandfather had a recent stroke and is now living in an assisted residence and that her father had a heart attack because he refuses to slow down and he doesn't see her being a jerk because of it...

But they get to an understanding and Leigh agrees to go to Murphy's house for dinner. And Nick admits he likes her, which forces her to be sincere and tell him about her possible pregnancy... Since she had already agreed not to tell Murphy about Nick being fired (he told him he was on vacation), Nick sees no problem in keeping Leigh's secret. After all, none of them is looking for a serious relationship... She has her dream job waiting for her at the end of the Summer and he has to start looking for a new job. A Summer romance is what they both want, but is that what they need?

I liked this novella, but I couldn't get invested in the characters and in their story as much as I'd like to. Even though I loved Murphy, I thought he was too present at the crucial moments, and the same is valid for Leigh's father. And I wished they had gotten the same outcome but in a different way. I can't really explain it better because it would be a spoiler...
471 reviews3 followers
August 7, 2015
Summer Temptation is a wonderful, well-written book of love. You will read about Leigh and Nick, two people with their own problems. Leigh thinks there is a possibility that she is pregnant. She will not take a pregnancy test because she does not want to confirm it. She is driving to the Hamptons to spend the summer with her two best friends to plan Storme's wedding. They have all just graduated college and the three of them are having a summer fling before settling down and putting on their big girl panties. During her drive, she stops at a restaurant to get something to eat. While there, she sees an older person that reminds her of her much-loved grandfather, looking into a drink with tears in his eyes. Compassion floods her heart and she starts talking with him. He tells Leigh that "today would have been his fiftieth wedding anniversary". He is desperately missing his wife that he lost to a stroke 3 months ago. This was the place where he had proposed to his wife. Leigh enjoys talking to him and had dinner with Murphy. Toward the end of their dinner, a younger version of Murphy approaches their table. HE IS NOT HAPPY when he sees Murphy with Leigh, and calls her a prostitute! Leigh tells him off and leaves. Murphy scolds him, tells him what really happened and wants him to apologize. Nick was not having a good day before this incident; earlier that day he had been laid off from his job. After speaking with his grandfather, he realizes he does owe Leigh an apology. When Nick finds Leigh at the bonfire, he catches her alone to tell her he was sorry for jumping to conclusions. Things continue better from there. I love it when Leigh feels able to tell Nick……. Nope, no spoilers from me.
Ms Marcus does a phenomenal job writing this book. She makes you fall for her characters, and takes her readers on the curviest emotional roadway. I love when an author does this.
I have read all of the books in this trilogy. They are all great! I think that it is just outstanding when three different authors can write three separate books that blend sooooo well. I am just sorry I have finished them all and the story is over. I will miss all of these characters.
Well done ladies. Kudos!
Thank you for reading my review.
Profile Image for Nerdy Chic.
460 reviews61 followers
August 12, 2015
Summer Temptation is book 2 in Hot in the Hamptons series. These novellas are written by some phenomenally talented ladies and can be read as stand-alones as each book is about a different couple. Summer Temptation is Leigh and Nick’s story written by Wendy Marcus and I have to say, I totally enjoyed it.

Leigh grabbed me from the beginning. Leigh is graduating from college and on her way to a much needed vacation with her two best friends in The Hamptons before she starts at her dream job. The problem is that Leigh thinks she’s pregnant but refuses to take a test because she’s scared of it being positive. Even with all this going on, she sees a lonely old man at a restaurant, strikes up a conversation and ends up eating dinner with him while listening to stories about his marriage with his wife that has passed away. She is an amazingly sweet and modest character that you just can’t help liking her.

When Leigh and Nick first meet, they don’t immediately get along. Nick has had a crappy day having just lost his job, and jumps to conclusions big time when it comes to Leigh, which was rather funny. His grandfather, having just met Leigh and already smitten, forces him to go after her and apologize. Nick knows he needs to apologize and while the two have a rocky start, Leigh is willing to forgive and forget. These two have chemistry that can’t be denied and the more time they spend together, the deeper the attraction. These two agree to a summer of fun with no promises but once the summer is over, these two know that the connection between them is real and stronger than they ever imagined.

I began the story not knowing if I was going to like Nick but he quickly won me over when it came to stepping up, taking care of his grandfather and his feeling for her Leigh not changed even after she tells him about the possible pregnancy. I ended the novella falling in love with the story and the characters so much more than I thought. While it is a short novella, it was in no way lacking in story and I loved it from beginning to end. This is the first book I’ve read by Wendy and certainly not the last. I loved her writing style. The characters are vibrant and the story was sweet and sexy. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Profile Image for Misty (Reds Romance Reviews).
3,029 reviews6 followers
August 12, 2015
Leigh DeGray is looking forward to her much needed vacation and six week stay in the Hamptons with her friends before it's time to start her new job. While traveling to her vacation destination she stops at a little road side cafe for a bite to eat, and meets a older gentleman who reminds her of her grandfather, he is there to celebrate his wedding anniversary and honor a long standing tradition he had with his late wife. Leigh is so touched by his story that she offers to be his dinner companion and listen to him reminisce and share stories about his wife. But midway through dinner his grandson shows up and mistakes her for a prostitute trying to lure her way into his grandfather's good graces, so after being offended Leigh politely excuses herself and leaves, thankful that she'll never see that him again...

Nick Kenzy has spent the last few years of his life dedicated to his job and pouring every part of himself into his work, only to be laid off and sent packing without so much as a severance package. Feeling completely frustrated and not sure what his next move will be he sets out to spend the summer with his grandfather in the Hamptons. On his first night out, he attends a beach house party hosted by some friends, and runs into the girl he never thought he'd see again. The question is will she give him the opportunity to apologize or will she send him packing too...

This short, but oh so sweet, story captivated my attention right from the start and didn't let go until the very end, I got so involved in it that I ended up staying up well past my bed time just to finish it. I always enjoy reading a good enemies to lovers story and this one DEFINITELY hit the mark! The chemistry between Leigh & Nick was off the charts and their little encounters had me blushing a few times! Overall this was a very enjoyable read, and I think it's one you should add to the top of your Summer Reading List, it's sure to satisfy all your reading needs , and then some!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for a honest and unbiased review.
Profile Image for Cheryl Steckling.
318 reviews1 follower
August 21, 2015
Summer Temptation by Wendy S Marcus
Spending a summer in the Hamptons with best friends is a perfect time. Leigh, Storme, and Kelsey head to the Hamptons to relax, party, and have that last great time together.
All 3 girls have a story and this also includes Nick Kenzy and his grandfather. Leigh is going through a secret and no one else knows yet. She is fresh out of college and about to also start a dream job. She has her father’s and grandfather’s health crisis besides being possibly pregnant.
As she gets in town she spots a little restaurant and stops there and she meets Murphy who is mourning his lost wife three months ago. Murphy reminds her of her grandfather. Nick joined them later as he had just also got in town.
Nick lost his job that day and he has been helping support his grandfather and does not want to tell him that he lost the job. Nick did not know what to think of Leigh. Since he found his grandfather sitting at a table with her he wandered what her motive was. Nick thought perhaps she was a prostitute and that certainly was not true.
Storme was getting married at the end of the summer. Kelsey was looking for a hot lifeguard. The three wanted to spend this time together and enjoy their last summer before each of their lives starts new chapters.
Nick and Leigh did not have the best start and along during the summer things changed between them.
It is a well written book of love, relationships and friendship. During the time Leigh’s grandfather passed away, she found out that she was pregnant. The story about all the members was one that you need to read and you will be ready to keep turning the pages to find out what is next.
Great author and wonderful story line.
Profile Image for Ishabelle.
766 reviews43 followers
August 10, 2015
I received an ARC of this book from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review and as part of the series' blog tour promotions.

We're now on the second novella of this sexy summer-theme series, Hot In The Hamptons. This is now Leigh's story. If you read my review of Summer Dreaming, you'd know that I absolutely loved that book. I liked that fact that while these books are fast reads, they still pack a punch when it comes to the story.

If Summer Dreaming had an instant flirtation the moment the main characters met, in this book, their first encounter wasn't good. Of course, they eventually got to know each other and fell in love. I liked that the hero was a successful man on his own, even when he was currently in between jobs. I also liked his relationship with his grandfather.

The best thing about Summer Temptation is the fact that it is a short read, so I was able to read it from beginning to end in less than a day. I got hooked to the characters and their story that I just couldn't end the day without knowing how their story ends. Most of all, it got me even more excited for the third novella which is written by one of my favorite authors. Come back next week and read about my review for Summer Sins. I'm sure that I will love that book as much as I did Summer Dreaming and Summer Temptation.
513 reviews8 followers
August 5, 2015
Summer of Temptation by Wendy Marcus is one of the books in a three-book trilogy – Hot in the Hamptons. It is a sweet, heartwarming story about Nick and Leigh. Leigh has fled to the Hamptons to spend a final summer before entering the workforce while Nick finds himself jobless spending the summer with his grandfather, Murphy. I fell in love with Leigh from the moment she meets Murphy. She is a sweet girl that helps Murphy through one of the hardest times – dealing with his fiftieth anniversary without the love of his life Lily. Nick, who has just lost his job is frantic because he can’t find his grandfather. When he locates him he flippantly makes a few comments to Lily that offends her. Murphy makes Nick find her and apologize and their story takes shape. Both have issues that the other knows about. Their issues don’t prevent them from letting their hair down and really gettng to know one another without their problems entering into their relationship. This is the perfect beach read. I loved this book and read it in one sitting. I look forward to reading Liz Matis’ and Jennifer Probst’s contribution to the series. I highly recommend it. I’d like to disclose that I received an advanced copy of Summer Temptation in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Profile Image for Fiona Marsden.
Author 33 books122 followers
August 6, 2015
There are so many things about this book that normally I wouldn't pick it up, but I'm a great fan of Wendy Marcus and her distinctive writing voice. First of all it's a 1st person point of view (which I usually avoid like the plague) but with alternating chapters. Thank goodness. I really wanted to get in the head of Nick the hero.

Leigh is the kind of heroine I usually avoid. The ones that get themselves tangled with a douchebag and end up preggers. Or at least maybe preggers. We don't know for sure but it's a possibility. Fortunately she's also the kind of heroine you can't help liking even when you want to slap her up the back of the head like the guy in NCIS.

She and Nick make a great couple and the story is mostly light and flirty with a trademark Marcus dash of the smexy. Another thing Marcus does well is secondary characters and Nick's Grandfather is a peach. He's actually the reason Nick and Leigh meet. It doesn't go well because Nick had been having the worst day ever.

Overall this was a cute little summer read with engaging characters. A little angst but not enough to give you a holiday hangover. We get to meet the two other BFFs who will feature in the other books of the series and they look intriguing also.
Profile Image for TashNz.
723 reviews19 followers
October 29, 2015
Completely different to what I've been reading lately and quite delightful in its differences.

Summer Temptation is one of three stories, or novella's I think would be the right word; a trilogy titled hot in the Hamptons. This is Leigh and Nick's story. It's told in first person which allows for some fun in the light and flirty writing. I dont think Leigh and Nick would ever normally meet so I love the situation that occurred for them to meet and then for Nick to track Leigh down to do the right thing.

Not long after they meet Leigh likes Nick enough to risk telling him her little piece of info that will shock him. Nick is shocked but, bless him, he likes Leigh enough to stick around and their relationship grows.

I really liked the alternating chapters and I liked the fun-ness of the story and the chic-lit style of writing. I think this is another perfect example of why we love Wendy's writing. Fresh, fun and cleverly written and packing a punch!

Oh and it does get VERY hot in the hamptons, crikey, get the fan out!
Profile Image for Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers).
1,667 reviews145 followers
July 29, 2015
Hot in the Hamptons Series has everything you want in a summer read. Three novellas that pack the punch of full length novels, sex, fun, sun, love, sexy leading men and ladies and happily ever afters!

Summer Temptation
Leigh is spending the summer in the Hamptons with her best friends. All three have just graduate college and are spending the summer together before they start their lives. Leigh has an unfortunate meeting with a jackass named Nick that turns out to be the highlight of her summer. While she's hiding a few secrets, she can't help but get swept up in Nick's blue eyes and kisses. Will their summer together end when the weather cools? I loved this short story. Leigh is independent, smart and sexy and Nick is hot and funny. Perfect combination!

Too bad his short dark hair, sensual blue eyes, and brooding good looks were wasted on a tall, well-put-together man who was completely lacking in manners, tact, and personality.
775 reviews3 followers
August 10, 2015
This was a short, sexy, sassy and endearing story that is perfect for the summer read at the beach or pool. One thing I'm never crazy about is short stories, forces the author to shove everything they want to write about into around 100 pages, leaving the reader feeling very rushed and missing some important aspects of the ongoing story they are reading, this book is no exception, but I thought the author did a really good job telling Nick and Leigh's story. Absolutely loved Murphy, made you want to go and hug your own grandpa. Nick was a pretty close to the perfect guy, willing to be with Leigh and date her regardless of her "condition". What turns into a six week fling, of course turns into something else. Definitely a surprise at the end, wasn't something I was expecting anyway, it played at your heart strings and really gave the story that important touch. I was given this book in return for an honest opinion and review. You have it, cute, quick story, worth the read.
Profile Image for Jennifer Schultheis.
1,316 reviews6 followers
August 6, 2015
Summer in the Hamptons…what’s not to love. Leigh, Storme, and Kelsey head to up to the Hamptons to relax during the day and party all night. Every young woman’s dream, right? Well, Leigh is going through some things at the moment and she is keeping a secret but doesn’t want anyone to know yet.

When Nick meets Leigh for the first time, it doesn’t go well. He basically accuses her of being a prostitute and things go downhill from there. When he realizes he was in the wrong, he sets out to make amends. He turns out to be everything Leigh needs.

I loved Leigh. From the very start, when she decided to show compassion to a man who recently lost his wife, I knew she was going to be special….and I was right.

Summer Temptation will definitely keep you entertained. The characters are charming, witty, and so much fun.
Profile Image for Bette Hansen.
5,059 reviews37 followers
July 23, 2015
I loved this story! This is one of the books in the Hot in the Hamptons novella trilogy that chronicles the last summer three newly graduated friends share before starting their post college lives. This is Leigh and Nick's story and it is fabulous. Their initial meeting his hilarious and things can only improve from there. The last thing Leigh is looking for is a summer fling but after she shares her "secret" with Nick and he doesn't run for the hills, he seems like someone she can spend a little time with before her life really gets serious.

This book is beautifully written and the characters work wonderfully together. It's a quick light read that will leave you with a smile. I highly recommend it.
Profile Image for Mya.
730 reviews11 followers
September 1, 2015
4.5 Stars

This is a very sweet short story. Nick is an honourable guy and I loved how he was instantly focused on Leigh. Leigh was a girl in need of a summer of fun, if I'd ever seen one. Their first meeting has gone into my "best of" pile! I really enjoyed how the author wrote in the first person for both of the lead characters. I feel it made all the difference and brought me closer to them. I will keep my eye out for more from this author.

This book is part two of the "Hot in the Hampton" series. I enjoyed Leigh's friends in this book and may just read their stories as well.

The Hot in the Hamptons Series:
Summer Dreaming by Liz Matis
Summer Temptation by Wendy S. Marcus
Summer Sins by Jennifer Probst

Original review posted at:
Profile Image for Ianka.
272 reviews1 follower
August 7, 2015
This is my first book from Wendy. It grabbed me from the beginning. Leigh's story took me at heart. The predicament she found herself in was deep. Her love for her grandfather and dad was the sweetest thing. He love for Murphy was so sweet (omg murphy's introduction had me crying!!). And then...enter Nick. I sooooo disliked him from the very introduction. Talk about bad first impressions...COMPLETELY misread the situation, smh. In his defense he was having a very very bad day. Once the misunderstanding was cleared up their summer fun went up hill. This book was emotional. It made me laugh, cry, pull on my heart strings. Now that it's ended I miss Nick and Leigh. I really would like to know what happened to them. Great book highly recommended.
Profile Image for Melissa.
648 reviews15 followers
August 17, 2015
A Terrific Summer Read
This is the second book in the Hot in the Hamptons trio, and while you don't have to real all of the books, I would recommend that you do in order to get a better, fuller picture. As these are all short novellas you don't have to worry about having a mountain to plow through in order to read the series. This second book is so good, Leigh is the focus of this book and OMG! when she meets Nick it is a very entertaining but total disaster. We all know what happens when we ASSUME. I really loved reading this. The author has her own distinctive voice and rally knows how to draw you and and bring the story, characters and all to life. I can't wait to see what will come from her next. I was given a complimentary copy of this book for an honest review.
Profile Image for Stephanie.
404 reviews8 followers
August 1, 2015
4.5 stars this book was just so sweet Nick who started off really a jerk. Ended up being such a wonderful man. Leigh who is really going through a difficult time but has this heart of gold that you absolutely just fall in love with. I loved Murphy who is every persons fantasy grandpa. This story shows you even in a short time your heart knows what it wants even if its not a traditional kinda way. If you haven't read all three books one is fine but I suggest you read them all. There's clues in each one. I received this as an arc for an honest review from the author. Reviewing for Night and Day book blog http://ndbbr2014.com Stephanie Powell
Profile Image for Tina Brimlow.
146 reviews11 followers
August 7, 2015
I don't know where to start. I am utterly speechless on how much I loved reading Summer Temptation. It was just so captivating. It was OMG I am going to kill him, it was aw that's sweet, and then it was just me laughing at a certain part that my mom walked in asking "what's so funny?"

Leigh was this calm, down to earth character who was going though some tough situations.

Nick was the one where you sat there and say to yourself "I am going to punch him in the mouth" and then turn around saying "Aw I want him."

Murphy my favorite book grandpa. I hope to meet a Murphy one day.

If you have had a chance to read Summer Temptations and thinking about it. DO IT. It is so worth it.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 43 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.