Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Bride of Peladon” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Bride of Peladon

Doctor Who: The Bride of Peladon

(Big Finish Monthly Range #104)

Peladon will bathe in oceans of blood!

A mysterious voice, a missing girl and a murdered queen. The Royal House of Peladon is once more plunged into intrigue, terror and death. The Doctor, Peri and Erimem must find their way through a treacherous labyrinth of lies if they are to distinguish friend from foe before it is too late.

For deep beneath the Citadel of Peladon, som
Audio CD
Published January 31st 2008 by Big Finish Productions (first published January 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Shaun Collins
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what a great big surprising story full of twists and turns. Despite suffering from "Peladon syndrome" (in that all the stories set on Peladon seem to retread the same elements over and over) this one makes a few surprising twists and turns that elevate it above the rest. It's not perfect, there are a few dead end plot threads that aren't explained or wrapped, and a fairly big surprise is obviously telegraphed early for the observant, but there was still a ton of things to like and enjoy, mo ...more
Jamie Revell
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
For the third time in four releases, an "expanded universe" companion leaves the Doctor. In this case, it's the turn of Erimem, the deposed Egyptian pharaoh first introduced in The Eye of the Scorpion six years before.

The setting of the story is hardly a surprise, given the title, and all the old familiar elements of that setting are in place. In fact, there's quite a lot going on in here, with a number of different plots interweaving as we negotiate the complexities of Peladonian and Federatio
Mel
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
I really loved this. The Peladon episodes are very good. This had all the political intrigue of the original episodes. The characters and the prejudices seemed very much in line with the original ideas. The mystery around the deaths was nice and spooky. The only thing that let it down was Erimen leaving. While not quite Leela staying on Gallifrey it felt quite the same. Suddenly Erimen is leaving her best friend and staying to marry some guy she just met. A guy she seemed to have less in common ...more
Aidan
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it
The two Peladon stories are amongst my favorite Pertwee-era adventures and so I was predisposed to enjoy this story which does an excellent job of recreating the tone and style of those stories while containing an interesting twist of its own.

I was still interested in the rich setting and the dramatic scheming that takes place but I do think that the story ends up being too faithful to the original episodes, trying to pack in too many elements such as Aggedor's reappearance (which really does no
Nicholas Whyte
I loved The Bride of Peladon: OK, a substantial amount of it is a retread of The Curse of Peladon, but that is probably my favourite Third Doctor story so it's not a bad start; and then we have the Osirans as in Pyramids of Mars, as well as Ice Warriors, Alpha Centauri, Aggedor, Arcturans and all. Erimem's departure is as you would expect (though we have some good misdirection) and Peri promises that she will not leave the Doctor to marry an alien king. I laughed so loud at that line that passer ...more
Christopher Buchanan
A re-visit to Paladon, a setting and characters that have already been thoroughly worked over. Pure fan wank. It's not bad though, despite the middle episodes dragging and the ending being very well telegraphed. They did squeak in an interesting surprise. Fairly mediocre over all. A pretty appropriate swan song for Erimem, who was a very cliche character to begin with IMO.
Yosef Shapiro
This story features the return of the Doctor to Peladon. It is an average story. But, it does provide some moments of nostalgia for us Pertwee fans. For those that recall the original series stories, the Venusian lullaby is used. But overall, an average story.
Kate Sherrod
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
A nice farewell to Erimem. Which reminds me: I wonder if 1. We're ever going to see Cleopatra and wossisname from "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" again and if 2. Cleopatra, companion wasn't trying to capture some of Erimem's magic...
Debra Cook
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
The Doctor, Peri and Erimem land on Peladon just before a royal wedding. People have been dying and they are fearful of strangers. It turns out an old egyptian pharaoh who has been imprisoned for centuries and is trying to free herself. Erimem can stop this. If she does will she continue to travel.
Christopher Hatch
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one, good harmless fun.

The final joke amused me greatly too!!
Steven
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: doctor-who, plays, british
Doesn't make the most of the Peladon mythology.
Jadetyger Sevea
Aug 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
A worthy send off for Erimem.
Scott Haworth
Very well done. Fans of the Peladon stories will be pleased, as will fans of Erimem. I must say I wasn't expecting the surprise villain. (And I will say no more!)
Ritchie
Jan 30, 2016
Alan
Feb 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Big Finish Monthly Range (1 - 10 of 253 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time