Start by marking “Discovery: QSF's Second Annual Flash Fiction Contest (QSF Flash Fiction, #1)” as Want to Read:
Discovery: QSF's Second Annual Flash Fiction Contest (QSF Flash Fiction, #1)

Discovery: QSF's Second Annual Flash Fiction Contest (QSF Flash Fiction, #1)

The rules are simple enough. Write a complete story—either sci fi, fantasy, or paranormal. Make sure it has LGBT characters and/or an LGBT vibe. And do it all with just 300 words.

The stories in this volume run the gamut, from platypus shifters to alien slug monsters, from carnival horror stories to haunting stories of ships with souls. There are little jokes, big surprises
Paperback, First , 226 pages
Published June 10th 2015 by Mischief Corner Books

To ask other readers questions about Discovery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovery

Start your review of Discovery: QSF's Second Annual Flash Fiction Contest (QSF Flash Fiction, #1)
'Nathan Burgoine
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I often feel very self-serving when I talk about anthologies in which I have a story included. I generally discuss them without mentioning my story at all. In this particular case, not including myself there are over a hundred other authors, so I'm feeling very little shame in talking about this anthology.

The blurb really covers the structure, so here it is: The rules are simple enough. Write a complete story—either sci fi, fantasy, or paranormal. Make sure it has LGBT characters and/or an LGBT
J.R. Gershen-Siegel
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book is a mix, as many anthologies are. From hot stuff to sweet romance to chilling horror, the writers delve into the LGBTQ experience via science fiction and fantasy.

In the interests of full disclosure, I have a story in this anthology. But I had not read most of the other stories until now. There is much that's good in here. Give it a try!
Ilona
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you want a quick five minute read before bed or whilst waiting for an appointment than this book is full of them and all of them are either sci fi, fantasy, or paranormal with an LGBT vibe.
I am probably biased as I have a small story in this book but I will admit to the others being of a far better quality than my poor effort and well worth every penny you pay for it.
Blaine
Now that Discovery is, unfortunately, out of print, my contribution, BARREN MAIDEN FAIR, can now be read on Wattpad, or on my website ...more
Jay
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not gonna lie, I need the anthology for every one of these contests ever.
Jaylee
No star rating because I didn't finish it. This book is *long* and has SO MANY stories in it. I feel like they weren't really curated very well? This was their first ever contest so I imagine the books get better as time goes, but this one just seemed like you had to slog through a lot of meh to get to some of the good pieces. I don't really have the patience to finish it. ...more
Dawn
Oct 13, 2015
Wt Prater
Jul 20, 2015
Kirby Quinlan
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alicia
Dec 29, 2015
Madalyn
Dec 14, 2018
Brian Barr
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jaycee
Jun 29, 2019
Karla Quinlan
Oct 04, 2015
Eloreen Moon
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Patty
Dustin
Apr 24, 2017
May 19, 2016
Jenn
Jul 08, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Aidee Ladnier
Jul 10, 2015 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Anna Rita
Sep 01, 2017
CAROLYN Wyman
Sep 29, 2017
Angel Martinez currently lives part time in the hectic sprawl of northern Delaware and full time inside her head. She has one husband, one son, two cats, a love of all things beautiful and a terrible addiction to the consumption of both knowledge and chocolate.

Angel's alter ego writes the all-ages science fiction - Sandra Stixrude.