Start by marking “Where Do Fairies Go When It Snows?” as Want to Read:
Where Do Fairies Go When It Snows?

Where Do Fairies Go When It Snows?

Everyone knows fairies love spring flowers and summer sun, but what happens when autumn comes and the days get shorter and colder? Now, Liza Gardner Walsh, acclaimed author of the Fairy House Handbook and Fairy Garden Handbook, explores the matter in a charming children's picture book of rhyming questions. Combined with delightful illustrations by Hazel Mitchell this whims ...more
Published September 15th 2015 by Rowman & Littlefield, Down East Books/Globe Pequot

To ask other readers questions about Where Do Fairies Go When It Snows?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Do Fairies Go When It Snows?

Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
This was a delightful little children's book about fairies. I mean, fairies! That's a win right there. But the illustrations are truly gorgeous as well. I would easily buy a copy of this for myself (well, for my 6 year old daughter) or as a gift. I thought the "Ways You Can Take Care of Fairies in the Winter" page at the end was extra-cute.

I received a digital copy of this from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thanks!
QNPoohBear
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
I had the pleasure of meeting the author and illustrator at a library meeting and when they heard I had two fairy-loving nieces, they eagerly signed a copy of their book for my nieces. As it happens, my parents were babysitting that night so I stopped in on my way home to read the book to 5 1/2 year old O. She seemed to really like it. Right away she picked out which fairy she "was" and which one was her cousin, her brother, Grammie. I said "What about me?" I got designated one of the tiny fairi ...more
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is a cute book about Fairies. It shows some of the things fairies do to take care of the birds and animals. It asks questions about what fairies do during various times of the year and how they live. The story is told in rhyme and has gorgeous illustrations. It then briefly talks about humans taking care of each other like the fairies. The last page is a cute list of what you can do to help take care of the fairies and birds in the winter. Any child who likes fairies will love this book.

Tha
Storywraps
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Are fairies real? Do they really love to play amongst the beautiful spring flowers and sprinkle fairy dust under the bright summer sky? Yes all that is true but what happens to these delicate little creatures when the days get longer, the seasons get colder and the snow starts to fly?

"Do fairies hibernate like bears,
hedgehogs, and raccoons,
or are they like squirrels collecting
food under the winter moon?'

Liza Gardner Walsh takes you on a charming journey inside a Fairyland community and through
Nayuleska
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Before reading this book I hadn't thought about where fairies may go when winter comes, but now I most definitely have! It's a read teaming with imagination and cuteness, which will delight readers of all ages. I could happily have spent hours imagining what happens next to the background characters on the page, and what the other seasons are like for the fairies. The ways they hid from snow made me smile, and I image younger readers would go peeking in those places when it snows. The colourful ...more
Jaidis Shaw
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Where Do Fairies Go When It Snows is a whimsical tale that questions what fairies do during the winter months. Do they hibernate? Do they bundle up? What do you believe?

The book is stated as being for grades Preschool - Second Grade (2 - 7 years) but I think that is stretching it a bit. My daughter is seven and just entering second grade and it took her maybe two minutes to read it. It's definitely more appropriate for younger readers. That said, my daughter did enjoy it as she loves fairies and
Charity
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Please see full review at: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com and/or our Facebook page "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Angelina, age 8 years, 11 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I love the pictures in this book, the illustrations are beautiful, but I didn't like the story that much. It bored me a little, I think it is best for kids younger than me!
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
This book was ridiculously cute! I love the idea of making a fairy home and leaving out some snacks for them. Super creative and a wonderful thing to do with the little ones!

This review is based on an eARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley
Lauren White
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome text that will interest all children who love fairies/ have made fairy houses/gardens.
Beyond the Pages
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Delightful and charming!
Brandy Wilkes
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cute! Great for a craft event.
Crystal
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: future-storytime
Well that was disappointing. I love fairies and I would love to do some sort of magical creatures storytime but the rhyme scheme was clunky and the book never actually answered the question of "where do fairies go when it snows?" Instead it just told children to build fairy houses just in case a cold fairy might need one which isn't really the same as answering the question.
Amanda Walz
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is an entire book of questions with no answers. I can see it as a great problem solver, to let children come up with their own answers.
Sharon Tyler
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Where do Fairies Go When It Snows is a picturebook written by Liza Gardner Walsh and illustrated by Hazel Mitchell. It is currently scheduled for release on September 15 2015. This picturebook poses questions that many fairy lovers have had over the years. How do fairies interact with the plants and animals around the world, and what do fairies do during the different seasons, particularly during the winter. The book uses rhyming question and charming illustrations to explore the idea.

Where do F
Jack
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
2016 update from my two young friends and sometimes co-viewers, they both liked the book. "It was cool!"
I need to ask a little friend of mine to help me review this book. Until then here our my thoughts. This is a happy, friendly book that answers a very important little person question. Then it goes gently into introducing the goodness of helping one another, maybe using a little fairy magic to make the lesson memorable. I met both Liza and Hazel at the 2016 ALA Midwinter Conference in Boston.
Erica
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was cute, but just didn't hit the reading spot for me. Illustrations were cute as well. I liked the message towards the end, but the endless questions didn't really feel like the message was justified. Also, in general I'm not a fan of the poetry style for children's books. The suggestion at the end for kids to leave out bowls of milk and honey seem like a parent's nightmare.
Andréa
An adorable book that ponders what fairies get up to during the cold winter months. The pages of the hardcover book are much thicker and sturdier than the pages in most picture books, which hopefully means they'll hold up better.

Note: I received a digital ARC through NetGalley and a signed hardcover from the publisher at ALA Midwinter 2016.
Alice
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it
3.75 Stars This was almost a 4 star for me, I liked the story and loved the pictures. Being a realistic fiction gal myself, I have to wonder about Fairies, but I like the sentiment is great about helping each other!! Cute one!
Heaether
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story, inspires imagination and creativity, has MULTICULTURAL fairy illustrations - my favorite part!!!
Julie
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Cute but the rhymes don't always work.
Lindsey Lewis
Mar 01, 2017
Ashley Salisbury
Sep 17, 2016
Lisa Savage
rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2018