Start by marking “All The Lights We Cannot See: By Anthony Doerr-- A Quick And Detailed Summary! (All The Lights We Cannot See: A Quick And Detailed Summary!! Paperback, Audio, Lights.)” as Want to Read:

All The Lights We Cannot See: A Quick and Amazing Summary!
All the Light We Cannot See is a novel written by Anthony Doerr, an American writer, who managed to win Pulitzer’s Prize for Fiction for this novel. This is his second novel (after his novel, About Grace, which he wrote in 2004), which was published in 2014 and was critically well received, as The New York Times
Published July 10th 2015

To ask other readers questions about All The Lights We Cannot See, please sign up.
Piotr Karaś The title of this books refers to some unknown book "All The Lights We Cannot See", not the great novel "All The Light We Cannot See". Lights are not…moreThe title of this books refers to some unknown book "All The Lights We Cannot See", not the great novel "All The Light We Cannot See". Lights are not light.(less)

Start your review of All The Lights We Cannot See: By Anthony Doerr-- A Quick And Detailed Summary! (All The Lights We Cannot See: A Quick And Detailed Summary!! Paperback, Audio, Lights.)
Anne
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is not the book I read. I read the novel not the summary. The novel is excellent.
Isabelle
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not a book I would of normally read but once I got past 50 pages it became really intriguing!!!! I've learnt things about WW2 and there were twists and turns in the book I didn't see coming!!!!

The chapters are short which also makes it a very quick read for anybody!!! 530 pages well worth reading!!!!
Sara
May 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
I didn't actually finish this book, but at over 150 pages in, I felt like the plot hadn't progressed at all and like I didn't want to invest any more time in it. I expected to love the book and have heard such great things about it, but the writing was too flowery and the plot too slow-moving for my taste.
Chetna
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I highly recommend this read: a beautifully written account of the various tragedies having taken place during one of the worst times humanity has known, and the hope that never ceases to offset the gloom!
Ariff Yusoff
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
It took me about a month to finish this book because i put it down halfway. Yea its beautifully written, but the pacing are so slow and every chapter are so short. It feels like every chapter is a summary of what happen to the character.
Prapannaa Acharya
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very unhappy ending yet Unique and beautiful story... Doerr is a great writer....
ACP
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Storia incredibile. Non fatevi scoraggiare dalle prime 100 pagine per me un po' troppo lente, il resto lo divorerete...
Khim
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read. Beautifully written. Wish the ending would be different though.
Kay
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Devoured it, the 550+ pages were worth it despite the kind of rushed aftermath. Great tip for summer reading since it's very smoothly written
Ritika Chatterjee
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is not the actual book which I read. I read the novel and it blew my mind away..
Sharon
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The actual novel was excellent!!
Josh Diaz
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This wasn't my favorite book because I'm not a fan of extreme details when the narrator describes situations. However, that powerful ending was heartbreaking yet beautiful. Excellent novel inspired in the odious attacks of World War II and the nazi attacks in France.
Sunshine
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
tbh with all of these fandom of this book, i agree with you.... this is a book i want to read even when im exploring the city and town when i go abroad.

i felt so in touched with the book and i felt like i was one of the characters in the book. the writer wrote the novel with all flare and cute touches to the book. and the book brought me the chills while im reading.

it made me feel like im in a emotional roller coaster filled with chills and happy moment.

but to be honest with you my fellow
Elizabeth Herrera
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I was very excited to read this book because of amazing reviews. I enjoyed it but I did not love it. I found parts of the book extremely slow and was disappointed at the ending. Nonetheless, the book was written beautifully. The characters were amazing and my imagination/visualization bloomed as I read.
Catherine Nguyen
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The beginning was very slow but then the story started to escalate and I kept wanting to know what happened next. A very simple story but complex at the same time, it is a must read! At the end, my heart was breaking... it was a very sad but beautiful story of war.
Zeljka Malesevic-skenderija
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Author brings us back to dark side of world war through the eyes and sense of two innocent kids that did not have choice ...Sounds of war, complex personalities, fears and Sea of flames just to make it more mystic...binds all the characters and make this easy and pleasant reading ...

zeljka
Caz
Jan 28, 2017 added it
Shelves: book-club
I enjoyed it. It was sad in places and some of the characters died but i would have liked them to survive and have a happy life together
Tammie Tackett
Mar 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Cannot read this book anymore it makes me feel bad and I don't like it sounds
Diana
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story , beautifully written.
Catarina Araújo
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read the novel not the summary.
Holly Castleman
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this on audio book... it was absolutely beautiful. I loved the two story arcs and how they converged at the end. definitely a must if you love ww2 history
Cathy
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Technically it was a good story, but it just wasn't my type of novel I generally read, esp on a car ride! But I believe it would be a good movie. I only like 50% of the book though.
Khady Brumblay
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful! So much beautify in something as awful as war.
Karen Bale
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Not your usual WW2 book. The two main characters are young and naive and from different countries, yet they share the same sense of humanity. A wonderful read.
Thiery
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite this year ! Very good first novel : well documented about WWII, characters are great especially Marie Laure the young blind girl.
Carol Short
Very moving
Janet Williams
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WEll written story of a French blind girl, who'se father prepares her as best as he can to survive under Hitler regime.
German boy meets her and trys to assist her in staying alive

Rebekah Roberts
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read the novel. Awesome!
Neeraj
Jul 20, 2015
Jessica Guhl
Feb 18, 2019

• Literature or Life
  • La Nuit des temps
  • La métamorphose
  • Laughter: An Essay on the Meaning of the Comic
  • The Faithful Spy (John Wells, #1)
  • Elusion (Elusion, #1)
  • Aerie (Magonia, #2)
  • No Way Down: Life and Death on K2
  • The Burying Place (Jonathan Stride, #5)
  • Violent Borders: Refugees and the Right to Move
  • Vanishing Frontiers: The Forces Driving Mexico and the United States Together
  • Corruption: What Everyone Needs to Know
  • ¿Y ahora qué? México ante el 2018
  • On Democracy
  • Palaces for the People: How Social Infrastructure Can Help Fight Inequality, Polarization, and the Decline of Civic Life
  • Mexico, Democracia Interrumpida