Start by marking “Abruption” as Want to Read:
Abruption

Abruption

Everyone has a plan.

Dr. Guy Hunter secures his dream fellowship with a beautiful free spirit by his side. Two unexpected blue lines don't even shake his resolve—he is on his way to having it all. Until he isn’t.

Abruption: a sudden breaking off

Jules Chiappetti loves her boisterous over-involved Italian family but is determined to pave her own way. An MBA and boardroom job i
Paperback
Published January 2016

To ask other readers questions about Abruption, please sign up.

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
5 Who loves ya? STARS!

This one’s going straight to my favorites shelf!

A HOT, ARROGANT DOCTOR

GUY aka DOUBLE-DICK

"Wait, did he just dismiss me? Oh no. This man had to be shitting me."

AND A KICK ASS NURSE.

JULES aka JuJu

"She had balls, I had to give her that. And she seemed to have a clue."

Throw into the mix ONE CRAZY ITALIAN FAMILY...

"And I had to admit her family was damn funny, a little off the wall, but definitely amusing."

TWO ADORABLE CHILDREN….

...A CUTE LAB...

...AND I WAS HOOKED!!!

Bu
Judith
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one made me laugh and cry in equal amounts..such beautiful characters and two of the most adorable children I've read about(they actually reminded me of my own children when they were young)

Dr Guy Hunter is content with his life.A beautiful young wife and new baby.He's about to fullfill his dream and go into an area of Medicine he's been working towards all his life.But suddenly his dreams are shattered and his life takes a dramatic turn...

Fast forward 4 years and he finds himself a bit los
Coco.V
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holly hell!! Riley Mackenzie completely blew me away with this book. These two authors are incredibly gifted. Beautifully Awake was my first book by them and I absolutely adored it. This book is still at the top of my favorite books and I read it more than three times already. Since then, I read all of their books and each time they managed to touch the deepest recesses of my heart delivering a tale that steals my breath away. And Abruption was no exception.

When I met Guy for the first time in B
NMmomof4
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a sweet, sexy, and entertaining read. I loved the interactions with the kids, and it made me so grateful that my kiddos are healthy. I cannot imagine the struggles these types of parents go through, and I was so happy they got such a sweet HEA. Even though it has the potential for being depressing, I never felt it was. I also never felt that the h was second best. She became such a major part of the H's life, and I felt like he really did care for her as his one
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Some books deserve something so beyond simple stars. If only I could light a million stars then I'd say we were getting close to the perfect level of awesome that describes a story by Riley MacKenzie. .

Absolutely amazing

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

Shanny
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

*****5 Who loves ya stars*****

This book was Absolutely Amazing!!I loved every single page of this book.
First I have to say, I'm a sucker for single dads in a story. I have no idea why but I just can't resist them.
description

Abruption was such a powerful and heartbreaking story. I personally haven't experienced what the characters in the book had been through but the way the authors wrote it made me feel every emotion!!! The storyline is very well written and easy to connect with.

"There are no happy en
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Love Between the Sheets in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

abruption live

Two individuals, both not a stranger to heartbreak and loss, come together in this unforgettable story that left me a little teary.

I’ve always loved reads that circle around the importance of love and family and this book has it in every single breath of it.

Jules is a woman carrying an unbearable suffrage that only those who have experienced it can imagine. And Guy (hah, what a name!), is man carrying
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Ophelia's Book Blog
3.5 Stars

This was my first Riley Mackenzie read. I was in the mood for a baby daddy book and this one has a doctor with two kids, so yup, I picked it up.

I didn’t dislike the book, I just think there are many elements of the book I don’t prefer when I read. I found the book very descriptive, somewhat dragging and a bit slow. However, I understand the raving reviews. The storyline was top notch and if you are a fan of the author’s writing style, then I can see why people like it so much.

Guy Hunte
nicklein
“I love you the mostest of everyone, so can I updopt you too?”

This book drained me physically and emotionally. It was tragically beautiful.

Story wise, this book wasn't as angsty as I thought it would be. And I liked it. I liked that it's still as original as only Riley Mackenzie can do. I guess the saying 'two heads are better than one' is true after all. The only concern I have was, in the entire book, I have absolutely no idea how old Guy is, it's frustrating. But he's gotta be in his early
Paige
4.5 "New Beginning" Stars

Riley Mackenzie has done it again. These two ladies have brought forth a story full of heart and emotion with the mother of all twists. Guy and Jules are two characters who aren't looking or expecting anything else but the life that they are currently leading until they are brought together during a time in their lives when they needed each other. They just didn't know it at first.

Hunter is a doctor. At one time he had a gorgeous wife after a new baby made an unexpected
Bindi Boo
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Heartbreaking. Family. Love
Three best words to describe this book in a nutshell. Guy, a surgeon and widower with 2 kids meets Jules, a pediatric nurse who is hiding a sad secret. Together they fall into an easy, loving relationship however unknown to both of them, they have to fight the ultimate betrayal. Pretty serious read, this one..with a great twist at the end. It had the perfect amount of steam and sweet and i just loved the interaction Jules had with Guy's kids. Definitely recommen
Rachel
Overall rating: 4.75 "Doll" Stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Mandy
Wow! This was amazing! I felt so many emotions while reading this - there were parts that had me ugly crying and there were a few parts where I laughed out loud. I loved the kids in this story! Finn and Maxie were fantastic and I just adored them. I loved Jules, she was so strong - probably one of my very favorite heroines ever. Guy was also amazing. Even though he's suffered a loss and he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders, I never once felt Jules was his second choice. There was a ...more
Fran
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, doctor-love
I think this started out really well but unfortunately, I lost interest halfway. :(
Liv ☾
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS!

☾Major plot twist at the end of this book! SO GOOD!
Loz
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brandie
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, read-2016
4.5 stars. Really enjoyed this one!
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

“Beautiful people don’t exist, they are made.”

We do love a story that involves children and in Abruption we met two adorable children who completely and utterly stole our hearts. Riley MacKenzie beautifully captured the essence of the innocence, sweetness and cuteness of these kids and there were times our heart strings were well and truly pulled, making us tear up more than once.

Abruption was our first book by Riley MacKenzie and what a wonderful introduction. These ladies beautifully told a
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 I love Dr Guy stars.

On the urging of my co-bloggers (thanks Nichole & Steph for insisting) I jumped into this read somewhat blind and it is my first book penned by these two fantastic authors. I loved it - it had just the right amount of steam, raw sexiness, moments of hilarity, a crazy cooky family, adorable children, nail biting angst and tension. Chock full of dynamic characters that I've come to adore - Guy was an extremely swoon-worthy hero complimented by his sassy love interest, J
Karla
4.5 Stars! Lived up to the hype.

Some tough subject matter woven into a sweet love story and it worked really well. The twist with Jules and Lucca...did not see that coming...or the medical mystery. That being said, I think the story went on a tad too long. Other than that, a unique story, charming characters, and a few surprises.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Not going to lie after 30% I started skimming. Hate when authors bashes the dead wife in order for the heroine to become a saint. This happened here, the goody two shoes who loved hero's kids like they were her own. She could do no wrong in their little eyes. Hero is a dick who thinks the heroine is an incompetent. Never apologized for being an ass.
I never felt their chemistry. It bother me a lot that the kids called heroine mommy and hero and heroine actually dismissed their mother, never both
Bev
This is the first book I’ve read by the authors and I absolutely loved it. LOVED IT! When I dived into this I didn’t realise it was part of a series, and this didn’t affect my reading experience at all. And what an experience! Guy’s one hella hot and arrogant doctor that gets Jules’ back up from the get go. I love books that start out like this, especially when the heroine is no push over and he has to work to get in there. Instead Jules was feisty, spunky, took no prisoners and most of all is a ...more
Yesenia Gonzalez
Oh man the emotions in this book! For a moment I thought I wasn't going to finish this book cause of someone dying but nope everything in the end turned out great. My heart went out for Guy because he was a single father handling two kids and one of them being sick. He was such an amazing dad trying his best while still giving love a chance. Jules! Losing her baby girl so soon must have been so hard but she still went out to help other family's with sick children. I was happy when they ended up ...more
Radmila
5 +++ STARS!!!!!

"You are amazing man, Guy Hunter, and I love you."

Loved it :))))!!!!!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
description

“Beautiful people don’t exist, they are made.”

Shay
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2016
"Being emotional is normal, all part of the job." "These are precious new lives at their most fragile. You wouldn't be human if you didn't feel the weight of your heart."

Jules has suffered heartache of the worst kind and you don't fully know until later on in the story and my heart just broke for her. She has built walls around her heart so she cannot get hurt again but little does she know that is all about to change when she meets a new patient named Finn.

Guy had a plan but there were things
Lea ★
Wow, this was a great read!
It was actually, my first book from these authors (yep, Riley Mackenzie equals two ladies), and I really, really liked it.
I loved it! :)
Dominika
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Abruption by Riley McKenzie
3.5 stars!!

“If you work hard in silence, your success will be the noise.”

This was a book that will tug at your heart strings and contains two of the most adorable kids I have ever read about. There is nothing more rewarding than reading about a father that takes care of his kids and puts their lives before his own. Guy was a selfless father that you couldn’t help but fall in love with and this was his struggle to keep his family together while finding himself along
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a powerful story of second chances... not a second chance romance but a story with a number of second chances at happy! http://amzn.to/1Qiqmsc

Abruption is a powerful story of second chances… not a second chance romance but a story with a number of second chances at happy!
If you love stories with mature characters, characters with real life problems, if you love a book where love doesn’t just make everything else float away then Abruption is a must read for you.
This story had a number of twi
  • From The Ruins
  • Walk With Me (Home, #7)
  • Styx (The Four, #1)
  • Sleepover
  • Wishing for Grace (Turn It Up, #1.5)
  • Only Trick
  • The 'Burg Series: The Complete Box Set
  • Ivory
  • On Broken Wings (Wild Aces, #3)
  • The One for Me
  • Ten Thousand Truths (Ten Thousand #3)
  • What Remains
  • Inflame (Explosive, #3)
  • Newborn Baby For Christmas
  • Gifts (The Killers #3)
  • Going Nowhere Fast
  • Fade In
  • Clean Lines (Cedar Tree #4)
Riley Mackenzie~Authors

Yep. That's an “s.” There are two of us!
We’re East coast girls separated by Long Island Sound who met in Physician Assistant School and have been besties ever since. We can safely say that thirteen miles of water does not get in the way because we talk or text, no exaggeration, at least 150 times a day. No, really, we do—about everything and nothing. Shockingly, we never (we
“People spend most of their lives believing fair is getting what you deserve, when in reality, fair is merely getting what you can handle.” 7 likes
“Your life is like this tree, deeply rooted, with a solid foundation and countless branches linking your past throes with future dreams. Every tree faces inevitable storms and strong winds testing the strength of its roots. Branches break; new ones grow. It will flower and leaves will fall. And from your tree new life will emerge. In the end, though, with purpose and perseverance your tree will prevail, and each will be beautifully individual and uniquely different. A full circle of such.” 4 likes