Start by marking “Out Of The Blue (Bama Boys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Out Of The Blue (Bama Boys, #2)

Out Of The Blue

(Bama Boys #2)

*This book is #2 in the 'Bama Boys series. While it can be read as a standalone, it is a continuation of book #1 and is meant to be read after Forever Red.*

Putting others needs before his own was all Mike Carson had ever done.

First, it was the friends he loved more than family. Then it was his country. By nineteen, he was a father, a husband and fighting in a war not many
Published October 29th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Out Of The Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out Of The Blue

Sybil aka Lala
This book can be read as a standalone but it is a continuation of characters we meet in Forever Red.

Mike has had feelings for Lia almost all his life and after she marries his best friend and employer, he decides to move and take a job as security at a country bar. It’s here that Lia finds him again after months of absence and asks him to take on the security for her new client, Molly.

Molly is a rising country singer and deemed the bad girl of country. Labelled a slut by false rumours spread in
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh!! YEEESSSSS!!! Mike’s story! I was so excited to read this book. I loved Forever Red, Nate and Lia’s story, and so wanted for Mike to get his own. And Ms. Adams has answered those prayers!

We met both Mike and Molly in the first book. Mike is Lia and Nate’s best friend, and head of Nate’s security. Molly was a young country star, just starting out when Nate took her under his wing.

After Nate and Lia got married, Mike had a hard time so he left the tour. He couldn’t be around them every day,
Carina Adams
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wip
Out of The Blue is live!!

I can't wait for you to meet Mike and Molly!!
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Simple is boring...

Hello, my name is Rosa, and I'm a 'Bama Boys addict. It all started when I saw this sexy tattooed bad boy on the cover of a book. I couldn't resist the temptation. They pulled me under, convincing me that they were more important than my house work or my sleep. Once I started, I couldn't stop. Don't worry though, I don't need intervention or a 12 step program, I just need another fix. Carina Adams is my dealer and I'll be stalking her, waiting.

Can I just say that the cover of
Jacqueline
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this one.

This is Molly and Mike's story. All of the action took place in the now so this was a much less angsty read than Forever Red. He's her bodyguard and someone's been sending her threats so there was some delish chemistry simmering between them as they both tried not to cross the line, then they were trying to keep things secret. Loved that.

Complete story, recommended.
Love N. Books
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Out of the Blue is the second book in the Bama Boys series and in all honesty the series name was the one thing that had me hesitating to read it. I’m not a country kind of girl… at all. But, I also thought the story sounded interesting so I wanted to give it a try. Now, maybe something you don’t know about me is that I cannot EVER jump into a series mid way through. I have to read every other book in the series. It just won’t happen unless it was totally by accident. So, I picked up Forever Red ...more
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I enjoyed the first book in this series 'Forever Red'. However, that book had a few plot holes but I'm glad to see the author has written a much better story for Mike and Molly.

In the epilogue of Forever Red we realised Mike has been in love with Lia for years...even though she is now happy and married to his best friend. This book starts with Mike having taken a different job (he's in Security) so he doesn't have to spend too much time around the Newleyweds. But Lia tracks Mike down an
Ada Frost
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Forever Red and absolutely LOVED Mike in that. So as always with a follow up I was a little nervous it wouldn't live up to expectation. And obviously I needed a perfect heroine for him.

Did it live up to expectation - no. It exceeded what I could have hoped for. I was hooked from page one. Molly is definitely one of my all time favourite heroines. She is a mixture of sassy and insecure. She is absolutely amazing. Total girl crush.

And all I need to say about Mike is AMAZING!

I
Jenny
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I think I missed something…

I mean, the book has incredible ratings.
The summary pulls you in.

I didn’t even bother reading the first book of the series because I assumed I would get the gist of it all.

Well.

This story confused the living heck out of me. Definitely not what I was expecting. The H (Mike) seemed to be more obsessed with the “one who got away” (Red/Lia/Lee – the h in the first book). He was in love with her – past and present. There was way too much focus on that, too little f
Charlotte
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For adult readers.
Molly have up her tough girl look to chase her dream of singing country music. When Molly ends up in the tabloids again, her manager cancels many of her your stops, so she fired him. Molly then hire her best friend's wife as her new manager and her first idea is to hire Molly some security.
Mike has been in love with Lia forever. He left his security job because he couldn't watch her be all lovey dovey with her new hubby Nate. While Mike is drinking his troubles set at his favor
Three Chicks
5 stars by Jen Skewes

When I read Forever Red I completely fell in love with Nate Kelly. But there was also the man behind the scenes that I could not over look or forget about. He is the man that everyone loved, the man that everyone wanted to see happy, and the man that we all wanted a story for. He is Mike Carson, and my God did I fall in love with him.

I think anyone who read Forever Red wanted Mike’s story just as badly as I did. When I first read the blurb for Out of the Blue I wondered who
Robyn
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 True Love Stars

This was my favorite story in this series. Loved me some Mike Carson!
Lustful Literature
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**BETH'S REVIEW**

I first fell in love with this series when a friend told me that Forever Red was a must read. I was new to Carina Adams so I wasn’t sure what to expect in the writing but being a second chance romance, I knew I couldn’t go wrong. I fell in love with Nate and Lia’s story but I also fell in love with the author’s writing. So when I saw we were going to get Mike’s book, Nate’s hot as hell best friend and body guard, I couldn’t wait.

Mike has been friends with Lia since they were ver
Chrissy
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, read-in-2015
★★★★ 1/2

Once I read Forever Red, I knew I needed Mike's story and was thrilled we were getting it. In Out of the Blue we get Mike and Molly's story, and find out so much more about the protective best friend, and the wild country singer.

After Lia and Nate's wedding, Mike took some time off, not able to see them together in wedded bliss all the time, but when Lia calls stating she needs Mike back on tour protecting Molly, he jumps at the chance to help his friends. Molly is the wild child, and ge
Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Earlier this year I was introduced to Carina Adams. And by introduced, I mean I agreed to join on for a blog tour by an author I’d never heard of. When I received my copy of Forever Red, I literally groaned. Then proceeded to complain to Sarah about how long the book was and my uncertainty about finishing it. The joke was entirely on me. I didn’t just read Forever Red, I devoured it. I told Sarah no less than 50 times that she NEEDS to read the book as my eyes gobbled up each page. Now I’m telli ...more
Erin Lewis
5 star Review of Out Of The Blue (Bama Boys #2) by Carina Adams

Having read the previous book in this series, Forever Red, I was more than excited to see what Carina Adams had in store for Mike Carson. Please note that although a standalone, I would highly recommend you read Forever Red first as Out of the Blue continues on from where it left off.

I love that Ms. Adams paired Mike with Molly Ray. It was totally unexpected, but these two characters apart are great, but together, they are totally a
Amy
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Out Of The Blue (Bama Boys 2)
Carina Adams

Out of the Blue was a difficult read for me. I haven’t read the first book in the series so maybe that’s why I wasn’t all in. I wished I had known more before reading and maybe it didn’t make too much of a difference but I felt unattached to the characters. In my opinion that isn’t the best.

Book 2 in the series focuses on Mike. There are other characters involved of course specifically Lia who is Mikes long lost love and best friend. That was w
Dawn
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG Mike & Molly's story was sooooo good! I loved that they were friends who found comfort in each other. Loved that they could talk about anything like best friends would. They were funny but yet sweet too. They also melted my heart at times. This book wasn't without some excitement though. There were some secrets from Molly's past that reared their ugly head & boy did things blow up. I absolutely LOVED this book & can't wait to read more of the Bama Boys!
Marina Skinner
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first book in this series 'Forever Red' and was excited to read this book!
This is Mikes story...and what an incredible book it is! I absolutely loved it!
You should read Forever Red prior to reading this book, however Mike does give you some back story part way in!
I loved the way he cared for his friends and family! He was a kind, caring, strong man as well as a protector! Lia asks him to come back to be singer Molly Rays bodyguard! He does, of course, having missed his frie
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

Two things come to mind when I think about this book... great book and intriguing storyline. This is a brand spanking new author for me and I am so glad I took a chance. While this is book two in a series, it can be read as a standalone though it is preferred by the author to read book one. Nonetheless, I did not read it and found no issues diving into this book and devouring it.

This book was complicated, emotional, intense, angsty, passionate and gave me a lot of feels along the way.
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Carina Adams did it again!!! I finished this book about a week ago and am still thinking about it. Amazing!!

I think anyone who read Forever Red wanted Mike’s story just as bad as I did. When I first read the blurb I wondered who his love interest could possibly be. And then Carina sent me the first few chapters to beta read and when I found out who it was all I could say was no freakin way! And by the end of the book I can sit here and tell you that Carina Adams is pure genius. I was completely
Lisa
At the request of a friend, Mike Carson takes over security for country singer
Molly Ray, who proved too much for the guy who had the job before him. It turns out to be a match made in heaven for both of these big hearted people who have been through some rough times. This is the second book in the 'Bama Boys Series but works fine as a stand alone. The characters in this book are so well written that I felt connected to all of them. This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm definit
BethyMac
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a fabulous 5 star read, couldn't put this one down. I lovedForever Red and loved Nate and Lia's story but The author really knocked it out of the park with Mike and Molly's story. The authors writing has really come along since ForeverRed and she will have a hard time topping this one with Noah's story up next. Can be read alone but so much better read as a series, a definite must read.... Full review at http://lustfulliterature.com/blog-tou...
Sue
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved book one in this series, but this one might have topped it. Mike and Molly's story is a wonderful blend of two people who've been hurt in the past. When they get together and share, her secret and his heartache, it's amazing to see how they heal each other. They've got great chemistry which leads to some pretty hot scenes. We are lucky enough to catch glimpses of the other Bama Boys--enough to peak curiosity for the rest of the series. Well done Me. Adams!
Connie
I love this series! Mike is still carrying the torch for Lia, his best friend's wife. In order to avoid seeing Lia with her rock-star husband, Nate Kelly, on a daily basis, Mike quits as head of Nate's security. Now Nate's opening act, country-singer Molly, needs protection and Lia wants Mike to be Molly's bodyguard. Can Molly convince Mike that Lia is not the only girl that can rock his world?
Nicely Done!
Nicole
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I downloaded and started this book immediately after finishing Forever Red (book 1 in the 'Bama Boys series). It is every bit as good as the first one but told in a completely different type of format, which is great if reading back to back. Still dual POV though! Again, these characters are so likeable that it is hard to put the book down! I can't wait for book 3 to come out!
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
I felt like Molly was second best to mike since he couldn't have Lia. I didn't feel the connection between the MCs
Tpagirl
Out of the Blue is the second book in the Bama Boys series by Carina Adams. It focused on Mike Carson and Molly Ray. Molly was a rising country star and Mike was hired as her security guard while on tour.

We were introduced to both Mike and Molly in book one. I loved hearing Mike's perspective in a nutshell to how we got to the present. The story was the same as demonstrated in book one, Forever Red; however, the perspective was much different with a few holes filled in as well. Adams then built
Casey
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

I will admit that I am a big fan of Carina Adams and every time I see she has a new book coming out I get really excited! But I have to say that I think Out of the Blue is the one that I had been waiting for the most from her. After reading and loving Forever Red, I couldn't wait to get Mike's story! Though Out of the Blue is technically a standalone, it is really a continuation of Forever Red with more of the focus being on Mike and Molly. I
Jenn
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“When you want something so badly enough, you find a way.”

When I read Forever Red I fell in love with Nate Kelly and thought, “boy it’s going to be hard for her to top him.” We get Mike Carson in Forever Red. They were a threesome growing up, Lia, Nate and Mike. But it was Lia and Mike that go back even farther, before Nate even came into the picture. He was as sweet as ever. You couldn’t help but fall in love with him either. He was always there for Lia when Nate couldn’t be. He always looked o
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • Playing by Heart (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #1)
  • Brave & Beautiful (Sassy Boyz, #3)
  • Rock Heart (The Vegas Aces #2)
  • Undesired Lust (Reckless Beat, #3)
  • No Apologies
  • This Love
  • Yes to Everything
  • Flirting with Chaos (Crazy in Love, #1)
  • Call Sign Karma
  • Rise (Rock Solid, #1)
  • Tangled
  • Temptation
  • Make Me Yours (Men of Gold Mountain, #4)
  • Finally...One Summer (Just one of the Guys #2)
  • Fame (Addiction #2)
  • Chance (Rusted and Reckless, #1)
Carina Adams, an Amazon and international best selling author, is an avid reader who loves epic and unconventional romance, has an unhealthy obsession with Jason Statham, loves the sounds of Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson, is the crazy friend your mom warned you about, and believes one day she will go through the stones to meet Jamie Fraser.

Carina has been writing and creating characters for as lo

Bama Boys (3 books)
  • Forever Red (Bama Boys, #1)
  • Black (Bama Boys, #3)
“What do you get when you play a country song backward? You get your wife back, you get your home back, you get your dog back, you get your kids back, and on and on.” 0 likes
“I licked it, Mols. That means it’s mine.” 0 likes