Start by marking “The Turning Point” as Want to Read:
The Turning Point

The Turning Point

It's funny how a piece of paper can change your life-a diploma, a ticket . . . a plain, white envelope

For as long as I could remember, I was the girl with the plan. Good college, good medical school, good career. I would save lives instead of standing by helplessly, watching while they slipped away.

That was before my father called for the first time in fifteen years to t
Published January 12th 2016 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about The Turning Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Turning Point

Start your review of The Turning Point
Claire Robinson
3 - "Live a little." Stars!

This is one of those books that you love and hate in equal quantities. I loved the story line, the writing and plot development was extremely well executed. The main issues I had unfortunately were with the lead characters Sophia and Lucas…

Sophia was 22 going on 12, I struggled big time with her for the first part of the book Pre-Italy as I just found her attitude to be so childish and spoilt, but once she arrived in Italy and shook off the daddy issues and the 'woe is
Booknut
Come on a journey filled with gelato, love, & laughter!

The Turning Point by Marie Meyer ignites your inner Italy-and-gelato-related obsessive streak. One minute you're happily sitting down with a new book...and the next you're Googling hotels in Italy, flight timetables, and where the closest gelato shop from the Naples airport is!

Sophia has her life all planned out...until it gets turned upside down.

When she's confronted with the news that her estranged father has Huntington’s Disease - a gene
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm

Have you ever had that turning point in your life, the one that suddenly turned your world upside down?

Sophia Belmonte just graduated and in a few weeks, she'd be starting med school. All her plans were getting into place. She's a woman with a vision, and that included seeing herself wearing white scrubs with stethoscope hanging by her neck. She wanted to save lives. She wanted to make a difference.

But when her father dropped the bomb about his medical condition, her world was shattered
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sophia is not a risk taker. After a tragic loss in high school, she shut herself down and focused on school. Studying, working and going to med school are the only things Sophia has made room for in her life. That is, until life threw a wrench in her plans.

After some potentially life shattering news, Sophia embarks on a journey of self-discovery—to Italy. It is there that she comes alive again. When she bumps into Lucas, a fellow American who is using Italy as an escape of his own, there is an
Meredith Tate
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the third book by Marie Meyer that I've read, and it didn't disappoint. THE TURNING POINT features a character with a life-changing but terrifying choice to make, a swoon-worthy romance, and a stunning Italian backdrop.

Sophia Belmonte hasn't been the same since her cousin Penley died from a heart condition back in high school. Since then, she's put all her time and effort into her grades, forfeiting a social life, with the goal of going to medical school to become a doctor. But all tha
Jess (the cozy reader)
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, favorites
Big thanks to Forever Yours Publishing and NetGalley for an ARC copy for review.

What a delightful and romantic novel, and just what I was looking for. Marie really creates a wonderful and engaging New Adult story. You have Sophia and Lucas, two people from different walks of life struggling with illness and heartache escape to Italy, where they not only find strength within themselves, but also discover unexpected love along the way.

The narrator, Sophia was a tenacious, brave and outspoken gi
Marie
Find this and other reviews at Ramblings of a Daydreamer.

I wanted to read The Turning Point from the moment I saw the cover and read the word ‘Italy’ in the synopsis. It was one of my most anticipated New Adult books of 2016, and it didn’t disappoint.

Sophia was smart, driven, and knew what she wanted in life. One of the ways I related to her was how focused she was - there have been times in my life where I’ve worked so hard I forgot to have a life. Her reasons for being driven were familiar to
Autumn
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2016
After tragedy teaches her a harsh lesson, Sophia spends all of high school mapping out her future instead of having fun. Just when she’s about to put her carefully laid out plans into action, she receives some news that changes everything.

The father that abandoned her so long ago is dying of a genetic disorder –a disorder that she stands a fifty-fifty chance of inheriting. His graduation present is an all expense paid trip to Italy and a wish that while she’s there; she stops to meet her Grandf
Boundless Book Reviews
The Turning Point is one of those books that you fall in love with, it's the type of book that you cant wait to pick up, but hate to put down! And I didn't, I read it in one sitting! It was really that good! I read books all the time. I'm a reviewer and that's what I do. This book grabbed me. I was so wrapped up I couldn't put it down!

Sophia, is a young driven woman heading off to med school. Her father gives her a once in a lifetime trip to Italy and a horrible diagnosis that may end all her dr
Kate Mary
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steamy, new-adult
The Turning Point grabbed me from the get-go, pulling me into the life of Sophia and never letting me go. As someone who doesn't read a lot of contemporary romance, it's rare that I pick one up and finish it in less than 24 hours, but that's what I did with The Turning Point. Marie Meyer's third book was enthralling, taking its readers across Italy and bringing the countryside to life, but it was also sweet, sexy, and heartbreaking at times. The chemistry between Sophia and Lucas was so hot I'm ...more
Jenn
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Marie Meyer and after this, it definitely won't be the last!! I loved the whole concept of this storyline and thought it was unique and original. I loved the friendships and romance as well as the dynamic and developed characters. This is a definite must read!
Tegan Wren
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Review to come!
Carlene Inspired
Find more of my thoughts on this book, and other reviews, at Carlene Inspired.
Many thanks to Netgalley and Forever Yours for providing an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Sophia has had enough grief and surprise in her life, after giving up the girl she used to be she's determined to become a doctor. When her MIA dad asks to speak to her, she goes at the urging of her mother and nonna. She doesn't expect a wheelchair and she certainly doesn't expect to find out that she too could have the sa
Amanda Heger
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(tl;dr: I'm an insomniac. Also this is a fabulous travel book that tackles messy, real-to-life issues, with characters that made me care and plenty of super steamy kissing. A+)

I loaded The Turning Point on my Kindle and opened it, not intending to actually read it right then. Deadlines were looming, other books were waiting on the TBR pile, etc. I just wanted to see how it started, maybe read a paragraph or two.

Suddenly, I was at 25%.

I reluctantly put it away because deadlines were looming, o
Glady Oestreich
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One-click the heck out of this book, people! What a fun and poignant story!

Marie Meyer is a gifted writer and sure knows how to weave a story.

Sophia finds out she may have a genetic disorder that could affect her plans for the future. Her dad gives her an all expenses paid trip to Italy where she meets the sexy, handsome Lucas.

Watching Sophia and Lucas's relationship blossom into a beautiful love story with Italy as their stage, was absolutely gorgeous.

If you haven't read The Turning Point,
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I really only meant to take a peek. Aren’t those famous last words? Just a glimpse of the novel that the author, Marie Meyer, had sent me – I was taking a break from packing for the big move in three days and thought I’ll just look it over, since it was on my screen and all, ya know? Yeah, right. Hours later and bleary eyed now I have to figure out how to tell you about The Turning Point, and what an amazing story it is, without giving any spoilers… which may be diff
Nathasya Elizabeth
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
More reviews on The Finer Things in Life

I received a digital copy from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I loved Marie Meyer’s novel Across The Distance so I was really excited when I saw that she had new book coming out. The novel is solid even though there are certain parts where I’m not satisfied.

The story follows Sophia, a smart and driven girl who is on her way to medical school. After she experienced loss in her life, she chose to focus on her career and shut
Chloe
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
**Thank you so much to Forever Yours Publishing and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this ARC**

This was a very solid NA romance and there were very few flaws. I am a sucker for steamy, sexy romances and this was one of them. I adored Lucas and Sophia and their relationship because it was healthy, unlike the ones in many other NA books. The whole concept for this story was superb and the writing was so refreshing because it was not repetitive like some can be.

I really adored Soph
Catherine
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: around-the-world
I want to start this review thanking the author and the goodreads new adult book club Read it Review It Programme for allowing me to read this fantastic book.

This book was about a young woman who is about to start Med. school when she finds out that her father, who left her as a child, has Huntingdon's Disease meaning that she might have it. Through this meeting with her father she goes on an all expenses paid trip to Italy where she meets Lucas.

I have never read a book where the main character
Marty Mayberry
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THE TURNING POINT is a sweet and highly satisfying NA romance. The story is about a young woman, Sophia, who discovers she may carry the gene for a debilitating disease. Rather than do genetic testing, she accepts her father’s offer of a trip to Italy where she can take some time to think about her options. In Pompeii, she meets up with Lucas, a cutie from the US who is running from a broken relationship. Sparks soon fly, and they slowly fall in love.

But the more Sophia falls for Lucas, the more
Felicia Eddy
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Have you ever been in a situation where what you thought your life was going one way but then literally at a blink of an eye it all changes and you are left wondering how to move forward.

That is exactly what happens to Sophia, she had her whole life planned, graduating then med school but then her walks back into hwr life changing everything she may be sick and here are tickets to Italy enjoy like.

In Italy Sophia meets Lucas who shows her how to live and love despite her fears. As the explore I
Isabel
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Claire
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***I received this book in return for my honest review***

I loved this book, it was very well written and the story was wonderfully romantic.

Sophia- he father walked out on her and her mum, no warning, no goodbye and then she lost her best friend to a genetic cardiac disease at a young age. Sophia then Works hard at school so that she can become a cardiac Dr. Suddenly her dad enters her life with some devastating news and a trip to Italy.

Still reeling from the news, and encouragement from her mu
Shakera
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a fun and emotional story about living your life to the fullest because you never know how short it could be. While Lucas is running from his past, Sophia is running from her future... or what her future may be. As they meet in Italy, you journey with them to historic sites and it's almost enough to make you feel like you're traveling with them... but it seems to lack the smaller details that would have brought Italy to life.

The pacing of the story was pretty good as you got to know Luc
Sherley Vazquez
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
**I was gifted with an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review** The Turning Point by Marie Meyer BY Marie Meyer

This was absolutely the most swoon worthy read I have read in quite some time. It was extreme swoon from beginning to end and even then I just wanted more Lucas & Sophia moments. I wanted to know how they continued to make things work out for them and how many more adventures they went on if any. I was sucked in from the very beginning and was spit back out in the end and I was not ready to finish thi
Jess - A Latte Books to Read
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Rebecca Bonvillain East
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-books
I was given this book for my honest review...Sophia is a driven young woman trying to become a doctor when she learns her family has a disease that could hinder her future. Given a trip to Italy, she literally bumps into the love of her life. Not knowing what her future holds she leaves Lucas only to bump into him again at the airport, and he makes her realize that know matter what he will always be there for her. Without giving away anymore info, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Would love to re ...more
Emma bramley
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: reviewed
this is a good read, it is a sweet romantic ride with sweet characters and a fab story line. this book goes from sweet to steamy as you r4ead, keeping you hooked until the very last page. I really enjoyed the characters, they worked really well and the story was well written. I have read other titles by this author and she never disappoints
highly recommended
Starlights86
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Early in the beginning, I was debating whether or not she should open the envelop. If she opened it and it's bad then I'd be sad. But maybe it didn't was bad news. What i also liked that the story took a place in another country. The places that Sophie went to during her vaca makes me want to go there.
This would be a book I read ago. Maybe in the summer- a book you should read if you want to escape to another country.
Tif
Feb 07, 2016 added it
Shelves: 2016
I read the turning point under my bed covers, late at night while Hubby was happily snoring away. This New Adult romance produced it--the angst, the kissing (AND MORE), the trip of a lifetime, and the turning point of meeting someone amazing at your lowest time. It had all the components of a time limit, a potential goodbye, the threat of a come-back-to-reality moment. The HEA was so satisfying, in every way. Can't wait to read more from this author!
New Adult Book Club: #1/16 The Turning Point by Marie Meyer 69 87 Feb 05, 2016 06:18PM

• Borrowed Dreams
  • Four Friends
  • Crisis in the Red Zone: The Story of the Deadliest Ebola Outbreak in History, and of the Outbreaks to Come
  • Larger Than Life
  • Love Lettering
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • The Uninhabitable Earth: Life After Warming
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
  • The Girl Who Smiled Beads: A Story of War and What Comes After
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • Surfside Sisters
  • What I Thought Was True
  • Summer by the Tides
  • Don't Go
  • The Game Can't Love You Back
  • Strong Objections to the Lady
  • Surviving Adam Meade
Marie Meyer has been a teacher for sixteen years. She spends her days in the classroom and her nights writing heartfelt romances that will leave readers clamoring for more. She is a member RWA (PAN) and a 2017 RITA® Finalist. Marie's short fiction won honorable mentions from the St. Louis Writers Guild in 2010 and 2011. She is a proud mommy and enjoys helping her oldest daughter train for the Spec ...more