Start by marking “Clara's Song (Haunted Minds, #2)” as Want to Read:
Clara's Song (Haunted Minds, #2)

Clara's Song

(Haunted Minds #2)

Be careful what you wish for.

Clara Bayliss dreams of escaping her boring marriage. When her car fails to start after a freakish accident, her fantasy has every chance of becoming the reality.

Rescued by the very man she thought had been killed, she takes a ride into the unknown with him, and has no intention of returning home.

Her husband isn’t pleased about being dumped. Es
Published July 13th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Clara's Song, please sign up.
John Hennessy Hi Aditi, I am so sorry. I missed this question from you and only seen it now! The book is a horror story of adult nature, with psychological horror a…moreHi Aditi, I am so sorry. I missed this question from you and only seen it now! The book is a horror story of adult nature, with psychological horror as its driving force. It will be a very different feel to Dark Winter #1, but I hope no less gripping or intense.

Now to the second part of your question - the song has power for the listener, but as inferred in the synopsis, what it means for Clara is one thing. For her rescuer...it means something else entirely.

I wanted to write something that really puts people at the edge of their sanity, and I think with Clara's Song, I might just have achieved it. Time....and reviews, will tell!(less)

Start your review of Clara's Song (Haunted Minds, #2)
Aditi
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”

----Friedrich Nietzsche

John Hennessy (my friend), an English writer, pens a bone-chilling as well as inspiring and quite thrilling tale about marriage, Clara's Song that is the second book in the Haunted Minds series. Now as the title of the series says, Haunted Minds, the book in the series actually keeps haunting our minds not only while reading but also long after we have finished reading the book.

Synopsis:
Kimberly
4.5 stars!

CLARA'S SONG, by John Hennessy, is Book #2 in his Haunted Minds series, but it really stands apart from books 1 and 3 in terms of content and "supernatural element". This story is much more "psychologically driven" than Normandy Road, and deals with matters of a much more mature nature. Despite--or perhaps, because of--this, CLARA'S SONGis integral to the series. The subtle intricacies here are what actually link it to each of the other titles in the Haunted Minds series. I felt that t
Rachel Maniacup
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone above 18 years old!😊
Recommended to Rachel by: John Hennessy
First of all, l want to thank my dear friend John, for mailing me another one of his books (2nd book l received from this very awesome author), the second book of his HAUNTED MINDS series. But this book is not actually a sequel to the first book because it was created to be read completely on it's own. And this is what l loved about most on John Hennessy's work of art.

Clara's Song is a dark, psychotic mystery thriller that would intrigue you from the beginning until the end of the story.

This is
John Hennessy
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
On a dark summer's night in July 2015 Clara's Song, my first adult-themed novel, will be released. It explores the relationship between a man and a woman who appear to be in the death throes of their relationship.

It takes a scalpel-like approach to what lengths someone will go to, in order to get the kind of love they desire in their lives, regardless of the cost.

It's a dark romance, a suspense thriller, and a psychological horror story. And I loved writing every bit of it. I hope you will too.

Merril Anil
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Trust John to make romance so horrifying

Huge thanks to the author, John Hennessy, for providing me with a copy of the book and a continent sized no scratch that a globe sized thank you for that little dedication page that proves how awesome you are John (oh yeah, I am on a first name basis with the author ;))

You should know about me that I am a huge fan of John Hennessey both in size and metaphorically speaking. So when it comes to reviewing his books, I am already drafting it in partiality
Charlotte Marie Henley
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really should have read the books in order, but of the two books I read so far (Girl Who Collected butterflies, and this one) it doesn't matter. Both leave doors open to truly haunt your mind. This is a psych horror that is scare because of how seemingly normal people can lose their mind and even scarier than that, their sense of reality. Have only read a few books like this before. But I loved it, absolutely loved it. ...more
J. Kahele
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, thriller
What the hell did I just read?

confused photo: Confused tumblr_lnfdzz2udn1qbq71s.gif

I don’t know whether to feel sad, happy, inspired or freaked out. This was a story that took my mind into a complete abyss.

happy and sad photo: happycry2_zps70dc1a10.gif

But...

damn photo: DAMN 336.gif

This was the best book I ever read!

Blurb:

Donna O'neill
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My mom would tell me that if I couldnt figure something out that I should sleep on it. It's been a day since I finished reading Clara's Song and I think this book is a bit deep for my simple mind, but here are my thoughts about it.

In a nutshell, Clara's Song is about the unfulfilled lives of three key characters, with Clara not happy with her marriage, seeking something more meaningful for her life, even if that means risking what she has already got.

Peter is her husband, would do anything for h
Katerina Sestakova novotna
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read four books by this author so far, and Clara’s Song is my favorite one. But it is certainly not for everyone -- it’s only for those of us who are willing to see more sinister aspects of human nature.

This dark story about a woman’s escape from an unhappy marriage is truly thought provoking since it can be understood in many different ways. Let me share just my own interpretation in this review.

Clara is bored with her husband, but the excitement she finally finds elsewhere comes with a
Lacey Lane
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have previously read John Hennessy's vampire books and I love them. I thought I would give his Haunted Minds series a read and John doesn't disappoint. Clara's Song is completely different to his "A Tale of Vampires" series. But guess what ... Clara's Song rocks.
Clara's Song is is dark and intriguing and it certainly messes with your head. But all in a good way. It really makes you think.
I love how John has created the little fantasy worlds for his characters and made them seem so real.
And the
Caitlin
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very dark and psychologically disturbing book about relationships, missed opportunities and dreams. Has many layers to it that I discovered after two readings of the book. I loved the twists and turns and though the adult nature of the violence and sexual scenes may upset some, I think it will attract more readers than it will repel. A brave book with an engaging storyline and characters to match.
Andrea
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this book hard going but having said that I kept reading . Very confusing at times but still worth reading .
Brenda Mohammed
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“We fall in love with one version of someone and we expect them to stay that way, but they never do.” Unknown

“Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.” John Gray.

Clara found that her marriage to Peter was boring.
Life got in the way.
The hardships of living caused them to blame each other, and the marriage, and Clara wanted to be free.
Added to the couple’s problems was the presence and influence of a third party – Clara’s best friend.
I could not read this book in one sitting, and it is not be
Clara Babinski
Oct 29, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't waist your money! I think the author is a horny teenage boy living out his sexual fantasies through his writing. It was ridiculous, juvenile, and impossible to get into. I hated it! HATED, as in I hate cancer! It's garbage and a complete waste of time and money. ...more
Angelica
Jules
Nov 06, 2015
Sarah Borley
Nov 27, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Please update my cover (kindle and paperback) 3 280 May 11, 2020 09:14AM
John Hennessy is the British author of paranormal fantasy horror for YA, psychological horror and murder mysteries, plus his own unique take on vampire lore. He has also written ghost stories and delved into high epic fantasy with a hint of romance.

BOOKBUB: Follow the author for Featured Deals and New Releases here

John is an international best selling author. The Ghost of Normandy Road reached Num

Haunted Minds (5 books)
  • The Ghost of Normandy Road (Haunted Minds, #1)
  • The Girl Who Collected Butterflies (Haunted Minds #3)
  • Children of the Dark Light (Haunted Minds, #4)
  • The Seamstress Who Worshipped Beelzebub (Haunted Minds, #5)