Start by marking “Proof the Novel” as Want to Read:
Proof the Novel

Proof the Novel

A controversial verse in the Bible sparks college graduate student Ty Larson’s curiosity causing him to stumble onto the faint trace of an ancient advanced civilization that’s been all but lost to the sands of time. It soon becomes apparent that he’s not the only one with an interest in this long-lost civilization, but the others who share this interest and what their inte ...more
Hardcover
Published July 8th 2015 by Grigori Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Proof the Novel, please sign up.
Rodger Hi, you don't really need to read the Bible to enjoy this book, only Genesis 6:4. If you are intrigued by how the ancients shaped and moved the enormo…moreHi, you don't really need to read the Bible to enjoy this book, only Genesis 6:4. If you are intrigued by how the ancients shaped and moved the enormous stones for their constructions, then you will like this novel. It really made me think.(less)
Tiffany The book mentions the Bible in more of a historical sense than an evangelical one. This book has references to the Bible, but it is not a biblical boo…moreThe book mentions the Bible in more of a historical sense than an evangelical one. This book has references to the Bible, but it is not a biblical book. Its a sort of exploratory/speculative fiction novel regarding a number of unexplained occurrences and achievements throughout ancient and modern history. (less)

Start your review of Proof the Novel
Dianne
What if any trace of an ancient and advanced civilization were lost to obscurity and the only crumb left to follow in search of their story was a brief Bible verse that raised as many questions as it gave information? What if more about their existence was omitted from the Bible? Wouldn’t you wonder why? Wouldn’t you wonder who made this decision to manipulate a tome that speaks to the very soul of millions throughout the ages? Follow a college student whose curiosity becomes a raging need to kn ...more
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
I really enjoyed this book. I found the premise intriguing, and learned a lot of neat trivia in this book. I was raised Christian, but was never taught about this sort of thing, it's crazy how much is left out of the education of an average Christian (not just what is discussed in this book, but other stuff I didn't learn about till I was an adult/atheist)

I found the pacing and mystery to be nicely done, but I do wish the author had focused more on the Biblical mysteries instead of the evil orga
Marjorie
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Genesis 6:4 is a thought-provoking verse from the Bible, strongly suggesting that there once were giants (Nephilin) born from unions between fallen angels and human women. Many Bible scholars believe that the verse only refers to the sons of Seth (Sethites – Godly) and daughters of Cain (Cainites – evil). Most Bible scholars agree that the reason God sent the flood to destroy the earth was due to the evilness of mankind. But could it in fact have been to destroy the Nephilin?

It’s this Bible vers
Harishma
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc2020, 5-star
Ted Berner
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I spent 4 years researching for this novel and was amazed at how many stories from around the world back up what the Bible only briefly mentions in Genesis 6:4. There is a sequel in the works and I'm very excited to share the final chapter of "Proof the Novel" with everyone.
Harry Fox
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: action-adventure
This novel piqued my interest, and since it was free or at a nominal price (I forgot which), I decided to give it a try. The lead-in line was, “There were giants in the earth in those days. Genesis 6:4.” That must have done it for me. I rather expected a tale from antiquity, a historical novel set far in the past.
It turns out that the novel is nothing like I expected. It is a contemporary action-adventure, full of speculative ideas. I certainly have no problem with the concept of giants living i
Kelly
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A controversial verse in the Bible sparks college graduate student Ty Larson’s curiosity causing him to stumble onto the faint trace of an ancient advanced civilization that’s been all but lost to the sands of time. It soon becomes apparent that He’s not the only one with an interest in this long-lost civilization, but the others who share this interest and what their intentions are remain a mystery. Wading through legends and folklore, clues begin materializing that lead Ty down a bizarre path, ...more
Aditi B
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book, with the immense amount of research work that has gone into it, could have become technical and also difficult to comprehend. The author does impressively well here by keeping the language simplistic and easy to comprehend. The fact that what he has researched over four years, is presented in the form of a fictional book, makes it an interesting read. I quite liked some of the lines in this book. Here are my favourites –

There is never any coincidence
That which we seek is not what we tr
Coppermaker
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

A really good page-turner. A little disappointed I'm going to have to wait for the sequel.
I hope it's worth the wait.
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I am not religious, I have never read the bible. I did go a primary school that was religious, so I do know some things. So now that you know my life onto the review. I found this book really interesting. I like how the Author took all his research and made it into a story. It sucks you in and makes you go hmm I didn’t know that. Wow, really that many things say that? This book leaves you with questions and makes you think about things you wouldn’t normally think about.

Because a huge amount of i
Amanda
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jo
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
When the author approached me regarding a review, and told me that fans of Dan Brown would love this, I was a tad sceptical. I mean, that's a big claim. Nevertheless, my interest was piqued.

I am pleased to report that the claims are correct. This is indeed a very Dan Brown-esque type of book. Rarely have I spent so much time looking up references, just to get a better understanding of the matters raised within the story.

My issue with this book, and it is more of a niggle really, is that, given h
Eric
Oct 25, 2015 rated it liked it
The premise of this novel--determining whether there is any truth to the legends in the Bible, instead of merely interpreting them literally--is quite fascinating, and the author does a good job of presenting the different explanations. He builds the suspense by introducing the evidence over the course of the story, instead of all at once. The connection between levitation and the force behind the Nazi "Bell", in offering an explanation for lifting heavy blocks into place to build ancient monume ...more
G.L. Bell
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Many unbelievable [mythological] stories had a grain of truth embedded in them somewhere."

We’ve all had that itch of curiosity tickling the back of our minds whenever we come across articles detailing ancient civilizations and their seemingly impossible accomplishments. After all, despite the fact that we label them ancient, several archaeological findings point to the possibility of those civilizations being more advanced than us.

Ty Larson, son of a CIA agent and an individual with a knack for
Tiffany
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Before I get into the summary of the novel and my thoughts on it, there are a few things I would like to say.

1.) I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

2.)After reading the description of the book, I was worried that my lack of familiarity with the Bible would get in the way of my understanding and/or enjoyment of the book. For those who might be concerned about the same, I can assure you that you do not need to be familiar with the Bible in order to understand and
Glenda Bixler
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Based on Genesis 6:4..."There were Giants...

Jane Blanchard
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Proof the Novel by Ted D. Berner is a suspenseful mystery based on a quote from the Bible about giants living on earth. Having to take only one more class to graduate, Ty Larson meets a beautiful woman who is about to enroll in an archaeology class. Thinking he would like to know her better, he also enrolls in the class and then gets sucked by the possibility of there having been giants roaming the earth. As he researches the topic, Ty meets strange people and realizes that he is being manipulat ...more
Ellie Mitchell
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I'll start by saying that I loved the concept for this book 100 percent. If you know me well, then you'll know that I'm a sucker for anything related to Ancient Mythology. Author Ted. D. Berner was reading through The Bible when he came across a verse that stumped him. Did they really mention giants in the bible? Surely, there is and never was such a thing, or was there?

In Proof, (a fictional novel surrounding this one biblical verse and The little-known Book of Enoch) young Ty Larson is a
Barbara Senteney
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to read and review this book by author Ted D Berner and provided a copy for a fair and honest review. This review is my own opinion and will not be influenced in any way by anyone.
This book is fiction based on Fact, Legend, Bible verse and Archeological findings. Although unsolicited I was very please to see the subject matter, since it i about the question if Giants existed or not. and if so, were they descendants of the sons of God and daughters of man. I find this subject fascina
Cindy Brady
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I totally enjoyed this work and had a hard time putting it down! I'm amazed at how I was drawn into the mysteries and many unanswered questions right along with the main character, Ty Larson. On many occasions, I found myself comparing this novel to those written by Dan Brown, very intriguing and very suspenseful. This novel left me eager for more of Larson's adventures into the unknown. The second book will be a must read for me.
Another Thyme
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Alisa
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I couldn't put this book down. It's opened my eyes to a bible verse that I've heard before and made me see new possibilities to things that I've always wondered about like the large monoliths around the world. I even looked up pictures of them as the book talks about them and was fascinated all over again by them. It definitely left me wanting a second installment.
Gayle Pace
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, bible
MY THOUGHTS
This book isn't just for Bible readers. It is just about a verse from Genesis 6:4 which will make you stop and think. Think about it, fallen angels mating with human women, producing giants, Nephilin.

There is the thought that the flood God sent was to destroy the earth, because of all the evil in it. But let you mind go in a different direction. What is the flood was to destroy the Nephilins?

The Bible at times is open to interpretation. That is what the reader can do as the pages tur
Jessica Bronder
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Genesis 6:4

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days-and also afterward-when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

This verse peaks Ty Larson’s interest and decides to research this verse for a school paper. The more he researches the more he learns about an ancient civilization that was more advanced than anything we knew about but has been forgotten to time. Ty travels the world finding different locations that
Michael Mardel
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Proof the Novel by Berner. I received a free copy of this book and volunteered to review it. Besides an unsatisfactory ending, there was only one hiccup - on p.69 - nice neighborhood, rent high. Pg. 70 - rent was cheap, both referring to where the protagonist, Ty, lived. I found the biblical searches interesting, and true as I looked up Genesis 6:4. There was plenty of suspense and clues to the baddies throughout the book. Are the Nephelim true? Did giants exist before and after the Great Flood?
Allan
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

This book made me think a lot. I really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed the historical accuracy. It made me buy quite a few books on Amazon about the bible and the Nephilim. It made me really study a lot about what I was wondering about the Bible. It also had me Google a lot of the places he mentioned. I was fascinated to find out that most of the places he mentioned existed.,and had the same problems and the same intriguing ideas as what he wrote in the book. I look forward to part 2 and
Books, Cooks, & Hooks
Fantastic adventure story based on some of the archaeological mysteries around the world that have baffled experts for centuries.

College student Ty chooses to research the origins of the megalithic structures found in different areas of the world for his archaeology paper. Some say that the structures were built by God-like beings who somehow survived the Great Flood spoken of in the Bible. Ty is determined to get to the truth of the matter, no matter the risk, and no matter who may be watching
Marina
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Initial Reaction: I simply loved this book so much that I read and memorized entire paragraphs and quotes.
Secondary Reaction: This novel reminded me of the X-files hit TV series.
The episode where special Agent Dana Scully investigates the possibility that the descendants of fallen angels and human women might still be alive on planet earth. This novel also resembles a really juicy X-files episode but instead of Special Agents Mulder and Scully we have our hero Ty Larson, a college student, come
Trey Stone
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great historical/Biblical mystery about Tyler Larson who comes across a verse in Gensis that sends him spinning down the rabbit hole. Were there really giants thousands of years ago? Were Nephilim real? And are there any trace of them today?

A great, action-packed mystery that surprised me, giving me more than what I bargained for when it came to page turning plot-twists. Absolutely loved it, comes highly recommended.
BookswithElena
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It is such an interesting novel even though i found it a little bit confusing and har to read at times, but the research done in order to create this masterpiece have made the book one of my favorites.
This book is a mystery based on a verse from the bible- Genesis 6:4.
I loved the concept of it and really enjoyed it without even stopping.
Highly recommend it!!
Proof the Movie? Maybe with your help! 1 1 Jan 24, 2020 08:24AM
Genesis 6:4 1 3 May 03, 2016 08:08AM

• Shatter (The Choosy Beggars Series, #1)
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • They Wish They Were Us
  • Sineria: The Great Kingdom
  • Betrayal of Faith (Zachary Blake Legal Thriller #1)
  • A Tale of Two Kingdoms: Sorean and Ikharyn
  • Immersed in West Africa: My Solo Journey Across Senegal, Mauritania, The Gambia, Guinea and Guinea Bissau (Kindle) (Travels With Terry Book 1)
  • Maid For You
  • The Sight of Love (Senses of Love Book 2)
  • Devil's Den (A Nephilim Thriller, #1)
  • Fae's Tears (Adult Fairy Tale Spin-off #0.5)
  • The Arkana Mysteries: Boxed Set #1: Books 1-4 (The Arkana Archaeology Mystery Thriller Series)
  • The Genesis Conspiracy
  • Saga, Vol. 5
  • The Sound of Love: A Romance Anthology (Senses of Love Book 1)
  • PRIDE AND INTENTIONS
  • Woven in Moonlight (Woven in Moonlight, #1)
  • Saga, Vol. 4
Ted Berner grew up in the Mountains of Montana where he and his wife currently live on a ranch with several four-legged furry friends. Besides raising horses and Bernese Mountain Dogs, Berner is also an airline pilot and spends a few hours each week traveling around the country at thirty-five thousand feet.

Ted started his writing career in 2010 when he became fascinated with a mysterious civilizat

News & Interviews