Start by marking “Playing For Her Heart (Gamers #2)” as Want to Read:
Playing For Her Heart (Gamers #2)

Playing For Her Heart (Gamers #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  841 Ratings  ·  190 Reviews
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

She wanted fantasy. He's about to make it a reality...

Grant Osprey just had the hottest sex of his life. Sure, they were both in costume, and yes, it was anonymous, but he never expected her to bolt in the middle of the night without so much as a good bye, let alone exchanging numbers. Or names. All he's left with a
Published August 11th 2015 by Entangled: Brazen

To ask other readers questions about Playing For Her Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing For Her Heart

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2 Stars***

Oh the awkward....so much awkward.

I couldn't get on board with either Chloe or Grant.

Chloe had low self-esteem issues that stemmed from her sister's death, I guess? Or was it before then? I'm not sure because none of it made sense. She loved cos-play and role playing during sex because that was the only time she could let loose. According to her, no one would want to be around the real Chloe...which we never really got to know.

And then there's Grant. When he's doing his role-play
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

He wanted to leave breadcrumbs in their wake to show him the way back. Although something told him, after this night, he might never find his way back to the way things were.

Having absolutely loved Changing His Game, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Grant's book. Something about single dads never fails to draw me right in and Grant's joking and easy-going personality just added to the intrigue. Then there's that sexy nerd appeal of the cosplay (which I never imagined I'd enjoy). D
Claire Robinson
3.5 - "How'd a soldier like you learn to lick a woman like that?" Stars!

The second book in the Gamers series pretty much takes up where its predecessor Changing His Game left off. Except this book focusses on Gamers Magazine owner Grant Osprey, and the woman he meets at a Comic-Con gathering.

This is a book of coincidences and collisions. Grant and Chloe agree on one night, but neither of them really forgets the other, what follows are lots of unplanned meetings and connections between the pair,
Mónica BQ
Deleting review because of reasons. They are easy enough to find if you care to.
I'm leaving my original rating and review under a spoiler tag to evidentiate I did read it and the majority of this space is dedicated to the book.

(view spoiler)
Danielle (Love at First Page)
I am in love with this series! While I am very much a mood reader, I can't even imagine being in a mood where I won't want to read these books. They're that addicting. With the Gamers series I just know I'm going to get my guilty pleasure fix. These books are not-so-pure, sexy fun with hot nerds and the smart women who love them. As my saying goes, you can definitely chock this relationship up to love at first page...

When I opened my email and, lo and behold, found this beauty staring me in the
Michelle
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

Playing For Her Heart by Megan Erickson is the first book that I have read from this author and I have to say that I am quite impressed with this book. I found myself devouring and enjoying this quick sexy hot read with the added touch of gamer geek vibe to help spice things along. And when you toss in a hot single dad, I am sold!!!

Playing for Her Heart is such an easy going book that is full of hot sexy times. There is not
Megan Erickson
Jul 13, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: adult-rom, my-books
Grant and Chloe get up to some naughty, nerdy role-playing. I also might have showed my Game of Thrones geekdom in this book. Sorry/not sorry.

Also? This book has one of my favorite end-of-the-book makeup scenes I've ever written. :)

If you want to be notified when this book releases and get up-to-date news on all of my books, you can sign up for my newsletter here. You'll also have the chance to enter exclusive giveaways for my books and others. Thanks!
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
I loved the first book in the series, but I enjoyed this one even more! Grant was a total chaser, be still my heart.

I was actually kind of wary for this one because the storyline involves role play sex, which isn't really my cuppa. Whenever there are scenes like that in books or TV I always cringe and feel embarrassed for those involved. Pretending to be someone else in bed just seems false to me, and I can't take it seriously. Just not my cup of tea. Thankfully the scenes like that in this book
Alyssa

Publisher: Brazen
Publication Date: August 11, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Official Summary:

1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Who knew that cosplay, nerds and penetrative testing could be so damn HOT? I mean, I read Changing His Game, so I had an idea that Megan Erickson’s Gamers series was super erotic, but hells bells, it’s been a good 24 hours (and one more book) since I finished Playing For Her Heart and I am STILL worked up…

Chloe Talley uses cosplay as a shield. Hiding her true self behind her character, she’s able to step away from the dorky, awkward, broken girl she normally is, and indulge in a little…fun. Whi
nick
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

By now, I think everyone and their mothers know my intense and deep love affair with Megan Erickson's books. This woman's writing turns me into a complete fangirl and I absolutely have no regrets for shoving her books in my friends' faces. The Gamers series is one of Megan Erickson's hottest series to date and I honestly can't get enough of the characters that each of these books feature. When I opened Playing for Her Heart, I heard that teensy voice inside my head that expressed doubt that I wo

I absolutely loved Playing for Her Heart, if you're fed up with controlling alpha billionaires and fancy falling for a nerdy hero instead you can't go wrong with Megan Erickson's Gamer series. After really enjoying Changing His Game I was excited when I was offered a review copy of the sequel but I have to admit I wasn't sure if the author would be able to top Austin who is one of my all time favourite nerdy heroes. I'm very happy to say that she managed it and Grant has now sailed into
Deserie williams
May Contain spoilers!!!
3.5 stars. Sexy hot read. Grant and Chloe were funny and cute. love Sydney! Grant and her are cute together. the reason I didn't give it more stars Is because I don't know if he used a condom in college with his one night stand. it's not brought up.also you know he played around but I don't think he was a manwhore. I am curious about Ethan I wonder if we will get a book about him:D

safety gang safe
H And h both have sexual pasts. H Loved the women . it's not talk about to m
Nikki
Um more please! This book was fantabulous! I literally read it in mostly one sitting! I couldn't put it down! It was sexy as hell! Hilarious! Great characters who were nerds and I loved them for it! :D The story line was well developed and I was captivated from page one to the end. I haven't read the first in the series yet but I never felt like I was missing anything. It was awesome.

Favorite funny:

“Did you play with Barbies a lot when you were little?” She nodded. “They always ended up naked
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick
's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

You know how much I love it when a one night stand comes back to bite someone on the butt right? Well in Megan Erickson's Playing For Her Heart this happens in a unique and interesting way when two people attending a ComicCon convention meet and enjoy each other carnally all while staying in the characters they are dressed as for the convention. So when they meet each other again in "real life" they both find themselves trying to de
Mandi Schreiner
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Megan Erickson's Gamers series is more on the nerdy side, and I like that. They are stand alone reads, although supporting characters show up throughout the series. Grant is an owner of Gamer magazine and in his spare time likes to participate in cosplay - where he dresses as a favorite video game character and goes to Comic-Con. When the book opens, he is dressed as a hero from a video game called Arc, and has nailed it.

Our heroine, Chloe, notices his immaculate costume, and can't keep her eyes
Mandy
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, nerd-love, hot, forbidden
Chloe is socially awkward and prefers to dress up as characters from her favorite video games when she wants a hook up. She's into cosplay so that she can be whoever she wants and doesn't have to let anyone in. When she goes to Comic Con and meets a guy also into cosplay, she spends a wild night with him and sneaks out after he falls asleep. Chloe has no plans to ever see him again but has no choice when she finds out he's her brother's business partner.

I enjoyed Chloe and Grant's story. They ha
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I didn't really like this one. I didn't buy it for one single second. There is no f'n way that Chloe could pull that off. Nope, no way. The two extremes were just too much.

My girl just told me that these books, Brazen I think they are called, are meant to be kind of over the top and I can totally dig that. This one was just over the top, unbelievable and not in the "this is fun" kind of way.

Shame because I love Sydney and would have loved to love this book.

Bring on the boy lovin'!
Nicola
Jul 26, 2015 added it
Review and rating removed. I will not support an author involved in causing harm to others.
Stacee
I didn't think anything could top Austin and Marley, but damn if Grant and Chloe don't come close.

I LOVED THESE TWO. I loved Grant and Sydney from the first book and I was beyond excited to get his story. Who knew it would take a quiet, shy girl to nail him down? Chloe is definitely not like the type of female MCs I usually love. She's a serious introvert and maybe a bit socially awkward, but she shines in her own way. The two of them together is like throwing gas on a fire.

Yes, it's a bit pre
Justin Nova
Chloe really got on my nerves for most of the book and as much as I want to read Ethan's story I doubt I will unless it is m/m. I plan to read Chad and Owen which is book three. (rating: 2.5)
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I loved this awesome Book! Dirty Talking Hot Sex
Avon Gale
Oh, Grant and Chloe. You were both so adorably clueless about feelings! It precious and a delight to read. And SYDNEY. All I want in life is for Megan Erickson to write a book about Sydney one day. I loved her!

I loved all the geeky references in this, and of course seeing my girlfriend Marley and Austin again. And I definitely want to read Ethan's book. Poor Ethan :( YOU WILL PROBABLY BE BAD AT FEELINGS, TOO.

This book had a lot going on, and was a bit more serious in tone than the others in th
MaggieReadsRom
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2016
First 5 stars of 2016 as I just loved everything about this book from start to finish!

My first thought after reading the first chapter or two was: Why didn't I read this sooner?! Because OMG I'm in love with Megan Erickson's writing and her Gamers series!

Erickson's awesome writing style combines scorching hot and sexy with humor and emotion. This is my kryptonite! And she did an excellent job of having me go through it all as I could be all hot and bothered on one page and having trouble holdin
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

These books are so much fun and I love them. They are so sexy and funny and quirky and such a fresh type of romance. These are not your typical characters and that is probably my favorite thing about these books. They are a great romance, but with characters you won’t find anywhere else.

Chloe is a likable and relatable character. The amount of guilt and pressure she is shouldering because of her family broke my heart. I loved how smart she was and
Janey
Jul 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Chloe Talley was an introverted, software specialist, who liked nothing better than kicking back in her yoga pants and nerdy tshirt. But when she attended Comic-Con, she made sure her get up correctly portrayed Sari, the enslaved ex-princess, who featured in Aric's Revenge, this year's star attraction.

Grant Osprey was part owner of Gamers magazine, and had just had a new investment partner. Ethan Talley, who had taken over from Austin Rivers, who we met in the first story of this series.

Grant fo
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Loved it!!!

Was HOT and Sexy!

Can't wait for the next one
Jae
That was so much fun. Loved Grant. And his dirty mouth.
Resch Reads
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this book was delicious and Grant totally lived up to my expectations from book 1. I knew he was going to be drop dead sexy, but he also turned out to be charming, sweet, caring, loving, and all the things swoon-worthy! Chloe was adorable and I can totally relate to her identity crisis and search for finding herself. It took me till 19% into the book to connect the dots and figure out who Chloe was, I completely blame my lust for Grant on this oversight.

Now lets talk about the story line, i
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

Can we talk about just how much I love this series? (And, literally, everything Megan writes.) But this series!? It speaks to me on so many levels. I love that her heroes and heroines are different than so many of the ones you see in romance books. I love me some nerds. Of course, I also love dirty talkin' heroes, so... bonus points. I love the humor and heart Megan brings to her books and I'm always guaranteed a fair few feels while reading. I g
  • Rules of Seduction (Serve, #7)
  • Caught (Elite PR, #1)
  • Blackmailed By The Hero (Gone Hollywood, #2)
  • Tessa Ever After (Reluctant Hearts, #2)
  • Recipe for Temptation (Madewood Brothers, #4)
  • Exposed by Fate (Serve, #2)
  • Total D*ck (Bad Bitch, #3)
  • Slow Ride (Playing for Keeps, #1)
  • Best Worst Mistake (Brightwater, #3)
  • Ask Me Nicely (Naughty or Nice, #2)
  • Protecting Fate (Serve, #6)
  • Compromising Her Position (Compromise Me, #1)
  • There You Stand (Between Breaths, #5)
  • Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games, #2)
  • Gift Wrapped
  • Even the Score (Tall, Dark, and Texan, #1)
  • Kissing Mr. Wrong
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized
More about Megan Erickson

Gamers (4 books)
  • Changing His Game (Gamers #1)
  • Tied to Trouble (Gamers #3)
  • Leveling the Field (Gamers #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Chloe, can you talk more about what you do? Use small words. Grant’s operating on a twelve-year-old maturity level.” 2 likes
“It’s a woman,” he blurted out to Austin. Silence. Grant slowly lifted his gaze. His best friend stared at him with a passive face. Grant scowled. “No response?” “You said three words. I’m going to need more so I know how to react properly.” Sometimes Grant wanted to punch Austin.” 0 likes