Start by marking “Feathers (The Tales Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Feathers (The Tales Trilogy, #2)

Feathers

(The Tales Trilogy #2)

Feathers fell like rain from the sky.

Ode was never meant to be born. An outcast from birth, he discovered how to control his unique, remarkable gift entirely on his own. Unlike the other people of his tribe, Ode can fly. Sometimes his body will shudder and shift, and then Ode will transform. He becomes a great white bird with feathers as pale as the snow. He becomes a swan
Published July 5th 2016 by Sky Pony (first published June 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Feathers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feathers

Talk Supe
Apr 16, 2016 added it
Shelves: 2016
DNF @ 64%

I initially love the setting and Ode's story. But this fantasy lacks action, Ode's adventure is so chill I wanted more confrontations, more combat, instead Ode is always fleeing or flying somewhere. Granted I haven't read book 1 and there seems to be a bigger plot at play here, yet there's no big spike in the flow of the story for FEATHERS to be exciting or thrilling. Aside from mild curiosity, sadly FEATHERS failed to elicit more feelings from me.
Susan
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-read
I won this book through Goodreads. I really enjoyed this book. It was an exciting sequel to Roses. A new author for me but one to watch for sure.
Dani
I liked Feathers more than I liked Roses, but that might be due to the greater understanding I had of the world Beauty and Ode live in. I have no idea who the third book will be about, but I'm looking forward to reading it and seeing how the forces unite against "Rothbart." (That's the antagonist of Swan Lake, so I'm imagining Abioy as him.)

I liked how there were scenes of Beauty and Beast and their efforts against the Magical Cleansing.

I fear for Briar. Wait. Briar Rose. Ok. So Sleeping Beaut
MaryLynn
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book quite a bit, especially the last third. I am looking forward the the last book in the trilogy--something I almost never say!
Kendra
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-copy
I really enjoyed the first book in the trilogy, Roses, and have been meaning to read book two for some time. Rose Mannering can *write* — her prose is beautiful. Feathers introduces new main characters and a new storyline, with allusions to characters from Roses. I'm intrigued to see how everything and everyone will come together in the last book.
Angela
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I struggled with this one. It was surprising because of how much I enjoyed Roses.
Nevertheless, Ode is an adorable character. However, I only truly gained interest in the story at the very end, when some action finally happened to Ode and Briar.

Feathers is suffering from the same issue as the Maze Runner.
Question, after question, after question. Last page, one small nondescript answer, QUESTION.

I cannot tolerate books that don't give the reader any incentive to continue the story. I love thrille
Mel (Daily Prophecy)
That was better than the first book. I'm also happy that Beauty made a small appearance, because I still need more answers.

Ode is born with the prediction he will be a birther like Calla. His brother is predicted as a big Warrior. The moment Ode is brought into the world, he is cast aside by his father and Calla takes him into her house to teach him her ways.

There is something special about Ode and this will play a big role in the war that is to come. Ode is not ready (and I don't get why, beca
TheLizWay
Apr 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
I had the same problems in this book that I had in the previous book. Slow, underdeveloped, and felt unfinished at the end. I expected this to pick up right after Roses left off but it was a completely different story and character. You can find my previous review about Roses (The Tales Trilogy #1) for my reasons of dislike.

*Thank you to Edelweiss and Sky Pony Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Mabel
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

I really like how distinct and meshed this retelling is. I love noticing the little tributes to the traditional sources but this is such a great stand alone as well.

Again, there's a great outsider hero who is very real without being one dimensional. However, I feel like there were certain parts where I felt like it was trying to tug at my heart strings but I just wanted the plot to continue. I can't wait to see what happens in the concluding (supposedly) book!
Emily
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Amanda Saltmarsh
I genuinely enjoyed the idea of the story but like many other I felt it lacked action. I did keep getting that "I wonder what happens next?" feel though!
Chris
Danny Dennis
Mar 13, 2018
Liv Worthen
Jun 01, 2016
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
rated it did not like it
Apr 12, 2016
Courtney Key
Sep 13, 2016
Alecia Hefner
Jan 16, 2017

• Tempering Earth (Gathering Water, #2)
  • E-Day (M-Day #2)
  • The Fifth Knight (The Knights of Caerleon #1)
  • Arabella The Traitor of Mars (Adventures of Arabella Ashby, #3)
  • Basara, Vol. 26
  • The Fool (Virtual Arcana, #0)
  • Belong to Me
  • Rebecca's World
  • Evolution (Dark Matter #3)
  • The Secret Deep
  • Ways of Being a Mermaid’s Daughter
  • The Dark at the End (Tunnel Vision, #2)
  • Final 7 (Cell 7 Trilogy #3)
  • The Book of Faeyore (Frost, #0.5)
  • Still More Two-Minute Mysteries
  • Mea Culpa (Requiem #1.5)
  • BeSwitched Witch (BeSwitched, #2)
  • Vowed (The Blackhart Legacy, #2)
G. R. Mannering has been writing ever since she can remember. Diagnosed with dyslexia aged eight, she never let it stand in the way of her love for books. She signed her first publishing contract when she was nineteen and she writes under the names Rose Mannering and G.R Manneirng. She currently resides in the UK and her favourite things in life are books, dogs and tea.

BLOG:http://rosemannering.co

The Tales Trilogy (2 books)
  • Roses  (The Tales Trilogy, #1)