Start by marking “Girls With Guns” as Want to Read:
Girls With Guns

Girls With Guns

(Cain Casey #5.5)

Three stories by three talented crime writers—Carsen Taite, Ali Vali, and Michelle Grubb—each packing her own special brand of heat.

In Hammersmith by Michelle Grubb: Officer Belinda Riley knew the signs of a suicide bomber, but this time she was blind to the obvious. This time she didn’t want to believe what was right in front of her eyes.

In Bow and Arrow by Carsen Taite:
Published April 12th 2016 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Girls With Guns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls With Guns

Lex Kent
This is one of the better book of short stories, that I have read in a long time. They were all excellent and a real treat to read.

Bow and Arrow (Luca Bennett 3.5) by Carsen Taite - 4 Stars

Hammersmith by Michelle Grubb - 4 1/2 Stars

Hell Fire (Casey Cain 5.5) by Ali Vali - 4 Stars

The only problem, two of the stories are part of a series. And both series do not have books that are really standalones. If you are a stickler for reading books in order, I highly suggest reading the previous books, bef
Agirlcandream
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley

Short stories can be challenging. You need memorable characters, a plot which grabs the reader's interest and ends with a satisfactory resolution all in the space of a few normal chapters. The word count is your enemy and your friend. Novella's give the author a bit more time to develop their characters and plot but there are word count restraints forcing the writer to keep it simple yet hold the reader's interest.

Some authors go with characters they have used in the past, making their short sto
Lexxi Kitty
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and Bold Strokes Books in exchange for an honest review.

This is a book containing short works by three different authors. Michelle Grubb, Carsen Taite, and Ali Vali. Vali is someone who has been on my radar for two or more years now. This will be my first time reading something by her. Grubb and Taite were, oddly enough, two I looked at for the first time earlier this month. I am not certain, though, if I checked them out this month because of this b
Corrie
Book Club Buddie D. and I were in the mood for some cop action hence Girls With Guns. I am not particular well read in this genre but D. is and she assured me that Ali Vali's Cain Casey story would be worthwhile reading this anthology. I had a personal stake in Michelle Grubb because I've absolutely loved everything I've read of her so far.

So there are three stories, two of them are part of a series but all three can be read as stand alones.

1) Bow and Arrow by Carsen Tate was part of the Bounty
Kate
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's great to have three stories together like this, I'm not always a fan of short stories because I always want more from them but I think I may be coming around to the idea of them.

Michelle Grubb was the only new author to me amongst the three. Belinda Riley has been put in charge of taking care and protecting the commuters of London Underground. This was a really interesting story, it's a current reality of today and I travel on the underground every day so I think it pulled me in even more.
Delitealex
Bow and Arrow by Carsen Taite

I haven't read any of the Luca Bennett series yet but I didn't feel lost at all. It was great glimpse into Luca's life. Luca's day takes an unexpected turn when she has to show up for jury duty. That along with her normal job as a bounty hunter starts to cause problems with her girlfriend. I loved the characters. Luca seemed very strong and able to make hard decisions. I'm definitely bumping this series up on my to read list.

Hammersmith by Michelle Grubb

I really enjo
Alicia
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok this book has 3 short stories so here goes.
Bow and Arrow by Carsen Taite
This one I really did not care for didn't care for any of the character I guess maybe if I read any previous books starring Luca Bennett I would have felt differently. 3 stars

Hammersmith by Michelle Grubb
This one had me screaming at the lead character she is train to look for suicide bombers but yet did no pay attention to the description of the bomber she was given. She was so wrapped up and seeing her girlfriend that sh
Kelley O'Brien
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was an entertaining collection. A quick read that I was able to polish off on my lunch breaks and spare minutes of downtime in about a week. Despite being by different authors, the theme held up well.

I received a copy of this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Megan
This anthology highlights longer shorts from Ali Vali, Carsen Taite and Michelle Grubb. I was familiar with the first two but this book introduced me to Michelle Grubb's writing. All three are strong stories and I enjoyed reading each of them. All three work particularly well as gritty suspense novels - each with their own take and flair.

Note that the Vali and Taite stories take place within the confines of two of their series so you may feel a bit lost without the backstory or knowledge of some
Amanda Lamb
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a book of short stories.
The first Bow and Arrow by Carsen Taite, it's okay it's very short but I guess there's a limit. A bounty hunter is after someone and basically gets her prize. That's it... 2/5
The second story Hammersmith by Michelle Grub, what a thriller! I stayed up till gone 1am to read the next chapter. Then the next. And the next! Talking about terrorism and how Bel and Esther weren't honest about their jobs it took an unimaginable twist. 5/5
The last story is Hell Fire by Ali
Gemma  Cayce
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved all three stories especially Bow and Arrow by Carson Taite.
Katrina
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay-and-lesbian
The third story is fantastic the tiger two are meh!
A.O.
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm going to review all three books individually because each had their good and not so good... except Hammersmith, I will marry that story!

Bow and Arrow by Carsen Taite (4 stars)

This was the first story in the Girls with Guns book. The story was good; the prose was flawless, the premise was okay, and the characters were decent. It had some wry humor that made me smiling, and most importantly the ending was gold. There is nothing as romantic as tying a bowtie made from your dog's leash to a crim
Amy
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
I received a copy of this book from Inked Rainbow Reads in return for an honest review.
I was really pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this anthology. Each of the three stories dealt with law and order, as well as the criminally inclined, but each also exposed a softer side to characters who could've been hardened by what they've seen and experienced. It also showcased each author's style, and while different, the three stories seemed very complementary to me.
The first story wa
Kitty McIntosh
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bow and Arrow by Carsen Taite was a really good read, the story of bounty hunter Luca and her attempt to catch an old foe. After ending up on jury duty she finds the case on trial begins to overlap with her quest to bring an corrupt ex-cop to justice. Her new live-in romance with Jess also gets put to the test. I found the mystery well written and full of suspense, with enough twists and turns to keep me interested. I didn't find Luca the most sympathetic of characters but I think that was her s ...more
Gaby LezReviewBooks
May 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I've received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a compilation of three different stories under the umbrella of girls with guns: Bow and Arrow by Carsen Taite, Hammersmith by Michelle Grubb and Hell Fire by Ali Vali. Coincidentally, this was the order of my preference.

In Bow and Arrow, Carsen Taite reintroduces her character from the Luca Bennet bounty hunter series. This series has three books that I recommend to read chronologically and maybe even before thi
Adan Ramie
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you’re unfamiliar with their work (or even if you aren’t, and you just need a fix!), Girls With Guns is a great introduction to the work and worlds of Michelle Grubb, Carsen Taite, and Ali Vali.

In Carsen Taite’s Bow and Arrow, we meet a bounty hunter by the name of Luca Bennett. I have to admit, I didn’t like Luca right away. She seemed determined to do the wrong thing just to do it, and had a bad streak half-a-mile wide. But as the story progressed, I saw that Luca was more than a bounty hun
Christine Close
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Stars: f/f anthology

I was sent this book by Inked Rainbow Reads in exchange for an honest review.

Taken as a whole this is an extremely varied, exciting and at times romantic read. The authors offer the reader insight into Law Enforcement, Terrorism and do this in an imaginative and believable way. The link is Guns, but this is the only similarity, each woman has a totally different concept and outlook on how to use her gun.

For an anthology I was pleasantly surprised not only by the consist
Samantha Luce
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The sexy cover, book title, and Carsen Taite drew me in. Girls with guns delivers. Intriguing stories. Fun and interesting characters. Filled with intrigue, danger, romance, and good times. I look forward to reading more from all 3 authors and hope to see the characters featured here, show up in new books. This is a fun, fast, enjoyable read.

Received a Netgalley ARC for an honest review.
Penelope
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
An honest review thanks to netgalley. This was a great read of three short novellas by three great lesbian authors. I loved the first two but the third by Ali Vali I was a bit disappointed in, I love Ali Vali but wasn't a big fan of her work in this. Though if you are looking for a new read from some of your favorite authors with some romance thrown into crime and guns then this is your book.
Margaret L. Hedman
Fun reading.

Girls with guns was very entertaining. I enjoyed all three stories. Ali Vali's story was a little confusing at first. But I got it eventually. Always glad to see Cain again.
Brenda Freeman
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Three short stories from three different authors. My favorite was the Ali Vali story with a small dose of Cain.
Marsha l. hill
Apr 14, 2016
Donna
Nov 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Michelle is Tasmanian born and now resides in the UK, just north of London, with her wife. She's a fair weather golfer, a happy snapper, and a lover of cafes, vinyl records, and book shops.

Michelle harbours an unnatural love for stray pieces of timber (she promises her wife she'll build her something one day), second hand furniture shops, and the perfect coffee.

She can play six chords on her gui

Cain Casey (7 books)
  • Heart of the Devil (Cain Casey, #0)
  • The Devil Inside (Cain Casey, #1)
  • The Devil Unleashed (Cain Casey, #2)
  • Deal with the Devil (Cain Casey, #3)
  • The Devil Be Damned (Cain Casey, #4)
  • The Devil's Orchard (Cain Casey, #5)
  • The Devil's Due (Cain Casey, #6)