Start by marking “Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body” as Want to Read:
Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body

Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body

The essential guide to fight inflammation, heal your gut, and reset your body with detox and clean eating

After suffering for a decade from a range of ailments like Lyme Disease, Hypothyroidism, and Leaky Gut Syndrome, Amie Valpone, creator of TheHealthyApple.com, healed herself through clean eating and detoxing. In Eating Clean, Amie provides guidance on how to fight infl
Published March 8th 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about Eating Clean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eating Clean

Yvette (hooked on the nook)
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book initially for the recipes. Tons of excellent nutritious ideas for cooking healthy meals at home. The bonus is they are geared toward helping fight inflammation which I find I battle a lot due to my rigorous work out schedule. Lots of information on not only eating but living clean for a healthy body and environment. I can't wait to dig into these recipes!
Sarah Yasin
page 28 - if you want to order bread, have a salad instead. (paraphrase).

Really?

This book is for people who already want to eat clean. It doesn't use science to back up its claims. It's more of a guide for a lifestyle that I'm not convinced I want to partake in.

Oh, and saying that eating organic is less expensive than doctor visits in the future is kind of like Marie Antoinette saying "let them eat cake" when the peasants couldn't afford bread. Lots of people take home paychecks that couldn't su
Anessa
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Forgot to buy tahini at the store? No worries, just make your own. Simply take 1 pound of sesame seeds....." People who have 1 pound of fresh sesame seeds lying around are not the kind of people who forget to buy tahini sauce. And people who forget to buy the tahini will probably not have the seeds. I do like the book though. 4 stars. The recipes are really great and she drops nutrition knowledge like Galileo dropped the orange. ;) xoxo
JanB
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Amie's story of how she healed from multiple health problems through functional medicine and clean eating. The recipes sound delicious, and are accompanied with beautiful color photographs. I borrowed this from the library but placed an order for the book today. I'll definitely be making many of the recipes.
Melissa
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
I think the author's point of view that food heals (and harms, if you eat the wrong things) is valid, but I find her particular guidelines a bit too restrictive.
Tyra
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I haven't tried a lot of the recipes yet (there are many!), but have tried enough to know...I am buying this book. So far, everything I've made has been delicious!
Rachel
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
5 stars for the information in the beginning of the book. 3 stars for the cookbook. Amie is clearly VERY knowledgeable about nutrition, detox, and holistic health. I really appreciated the first quarter of the book that outlined ways to detox your diet, kitchen, home, beauty products, and cleaning supplies, etc. I'll definitely be adopting some of these changes on my own journey to live healthier.
The cookbook was impressive and the recipes seemed well planned and explained, but I found most of
Lisa
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Made several recipes, all very good.
Katherine Reece
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was full of great information, and wonderful recipes! I'm going to buy a copy to keep!
Kris Hill
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s all good!
Elisabeth Lloyd
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read, good as a reference book. Delicious recipes at the end of the book. A lot of the information I already knew but it’s aways nice to hear about someone else’s story.
Deborah
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book, the advice, and the recipes. I took it with on our cottage week and made recipes from it while at the cottage. They were fantastic!
Brenda Humphreys
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
CLEAN EATING

Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body is a diet that will help to remove toxins from your body. The process is to go on the complete elimination diet and then reintroduce food back into your diet one item at a time. Assess how the new food makes you feel. If you have adverse reactions, then keep that ingredient off of your menu. Essentially the book helps you to identify which foods are toxic to your body and get rid of them so that you can f
Tiffany
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is filled with great vegan gluten free recipes. The whole take on how toxic everything is I take with a grain of salt (organic, natch). By the end, the “everything you eat is terrible and my way is the only way” tone gets annoying.
Sally_skellington
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Das Cover
Ich finde das Cover ist sehr ansprechend gestaltet, man sieht direkt diese beiden leckeren Gerichte und bekommt Lust dazu, selbst damit anzufangen mit dem Clean Eating.

Meine Meinung
Ich befasse mich momentan sehr viel mit Ernährung, deswegen habe ich mir dieses Buch auch ausgesucht. Es ist eine Mischung aus Lifestylebuch in dem Erklärt wird um was es bei Clean Eating überhaupt geht und zum anderen ist es auch ein Kochbuch, mit vielen leckeren Rezepten und Anregungen was man denn alles ma
rinabeana
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amie Valpone has provided a lot of useful information and I've already incorporated some of her suggestions and recipes into my life. Despite her efforts to make her chosen lifestyle accessible, it was a bit overwhelming to learn that nearly every food, personal hygiene product, cleaning product, and piece of fabric in my house may be toxic to me. I am willing to make substantial changes in my diet and lifestyle if it makes me feel healthy and energetic, but I'm hesitant to become a person who w ...more
Kerry
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
I am having some food related sensitivities and this book is exactly what I was looking for in terms of telling me what I need to do to uncover / detox from the likely triggers. I am impressed that this woman has taken such good care of herself and thrived with so many challenges. I would have given this book 5 stars for that. I don't love a lot of her recipes, so I knocked off a star. I think for anyone who is not plant-based, these recipes will be hard to embrace. I do follow a plant-based die ...more
Dorinda Violante
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I originally picked up this book for the recipes, but I love the storytelling and sound advice.
Charyl
Jul 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Solid information in this book. I did take away a few good tidbits. Unfortunately if you're low income it's depressing to read about all the things that can make you sick, but you can't afford to replace or to buy the more expensive alternative (food, household items, etc). Most of the recipes aren't very feasible for the typical American who works full-time, has kids, and doesn't have the time to cook everything from scratch.
Kym
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amie Valpone, like so many other healthy cookbook authors, found herself in poor health and after exhausting all of the medical possibilities, turned to healthy food to heal herself. What sets this book apart is her honesty, really good basic instructions for those new to cooking, delicious looking recipes and photography which highlights the recipes. I checked this book out of the library, but I'll be purchasing it as soon as possible.
Bibi
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
It had a lot of good, solid information. Unfortunately, much of it I already knew. The biggest disappointment for me was not having a picture for every recipe. The majority were time consuming and just not very practical for a busy mom of 6.
Corinna
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lots of helpful information and the author's personal story of healing herself largely through changes in her own diet was fascinating. Some really good recipes.
Dana
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I would have preferred to see a photo of each recipe. Many of the recipes are quite complicated requiring many ingredients or a lot of time soaking things or are otherwise labor intensive.
Bree
all vegetarian/vegan recipes
not nearly enough photos
Karen
Mar 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I love the introductory information and the appendices. I have a simpler taste for recipes and did not find that recipes added much to what I like to prepare.
Varied Books
Jan 02, 2017 marked it as on-kindle-to-read
1/2/17 on sale for $2.99.
Mary
  • School of Natural Healing
  • How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
  • Olives, Lemons & Za'atar: The Best Middle Eastern Home Cooking
  • Herbal Antivirals: Natural Remedies for Emerging  Resistant Viral Infections
  • The Blender Girl: Super-Easy, Super-Healthy Meals, Snacks, Desserts, and Drinks--100 Gluten-Free, Vegan Recipes!
  • Eat Your Vegetables: Bold Recipes for the Single Cook
  • Keys to Good Cooking: A Guide to Making the Best of Foods and Recipes
  • The Healing Kitchen: 175+ Quick  Easy Paleo Recipes to Help You Thrive
  • Super Food Family Classics
  • Danielle Walker's Against All Grain Celebrations: A Year of Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes for Every Occasion
  • Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods: 100+ Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes
  • Saladish: A New Way to Eat Your Vegetables
  • Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine
  • At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen: Celebrating the Art of Eating Well
  • The New Age Herbalist: How to Use Herbs for Healing, Nutrition, Body Care, and Relaxation
  • One Part Plant: 100 Meals for a Whole New You