Start by marking “Instant Frontier Family (Frontier Bachelors, #4)” as Want to Read:
Instant Frontier Family (Frontier Bachelors, #4)

Instant Frontier Family

(Frontier Bachelors #4)

LITTLE MATCHMAKERS

Maddie O'Rourke's orphaned half brother and half sister have arrived safely in Seattle—with a man they hope she'll wed! Though Michael Haggerty's not the escort she planned for, Maddie allows him to work off his passage by assisting in her bakery…and helping care for her siblings. But she'll never risk her newfound independence by marrying the strapp
Published January 5th 2016 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Instant Frontier Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instant Frontier Family

Dorine
Read this review plus more on food, travel and garden at The Zest Quest, my pursuit of a zestful life. Photos!

An enjoyable historical romance that centers on Irish immigration to America and the Irish gangs that formed in New York City. These gangs push this family to begin anew in the logging frontier town of Seattle, Washington. Rich with historical Seattle detail, INSTANT FRONTIER FAMILY is perfect for those looking for an unusual story.

Maddie O’Rourke sends to New York for her brother and si
Wendy
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
Maddie O'Rourke's orphaned half brother and half sister have arrived safely in Seattle---with a man they hope she'll wed! Though Michael Haggarty's not the escort she planned for, Maddie allows him to work off his passage by assisting in her bakery...and helping care for her siblings. But she'll never risk her newfound independence by marrying the strapping Irishman---or anyone else.

In New York, Michael ran afoul of a notorious gang. Traveling west was a necessity, not a ch
Melanie
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-read

Instant Frontier Family was a really good read. I enjoyed it a lot, although the ending wasn't my cup of tea just because I wish something would have happened a different way.

I liked the characters and how the MC owned a bakery. The thefts/vandalism made the story somewhat suspenseful, which was great.

All in all, a very nice read.

*I received a complimentary eBook copy for my honest review. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.*
CP
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful heartwarming romance.
Katie Skaggs
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Instant Frontier Family” is a sweet and mysterious read & the fourth installment of the “Frontier Bachelors” series by author Regina Scott. Since the beginning of book one we are introduced to the spunky Maddie O’Rourke, she intrigued me from the start and I couldn’t wait to read her story. As expected the feisty red-head is determined and knows her mind. She definitely is a no-nonsense, realistic character who wants full control. I loved Maddie’s character but, she was slightly annoying at ...more
Brittany
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Instant Frontier Family is a great addition to the Frontier Bachelors series, yet the story definitely stands alone and can be enjoyed without having read the earlier novels.

I really liked these two main characters and their journey was such a special one to read about. Maddie is strong and determined, yet scared to trust in love. Michael is caring and reliable, yet has been hurt before. I loved watching these two begin to care for each other.

Maddie’s younger sister, Ciara, drove me a bit insane
Lynda Edwards
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keeper-shelf
I was originally attracted to Regina Scott’s novels because of their Regency setting, but her recent releases from Love Inspired have been in the Frontier Bachelor series, set in the Washington Territory in the 1860s. I have enjoyed each book so far despite the different time and place, and one of the reasons for that is the novels touch on family love as well as the romance between the hero and heroine.

The characters in this novel are by turns endearing and infuriating—sometimes both in the sa
Alice
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed Instant Frontier Family as I have every Regina Scott story I've read, however I wasn't as impressed with Maddie's story as I thought I would be; I liked her better as a supporting character in the first three books to this series, while I didn't really see her as heroine material...[spoilers] Maddie is somewhat of a flirt and the hero notes this on multiple occasions, yet it doesn't seem to bother him because 'she's just doing it to build her business', and I was actually rather shocke ...more
Books and Spoons
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Characters full of sass and wit, adventurous minds, and willing to go the distance to get what they dreamed of. This story is so full of positive thoughts, spunk, and people with the guts to go for it. What ever the it is they are looking for.
The early settlers in the Seattle area, Irish by heritage, and orphan siblings in a family matters, they work hard to build a new life away from New York and the dangers the city have, for the Irish in particular.
Maddie didn't expect Michael, and was not pr
Susan Snodgrass
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Instant Frontier Family is the latest in author Regina Scott's 'Frontier Bachelor ' series and a fine one it is, too. I do believe she has more from that series for us and I'm happy to hear that.

Maddie O'Rourke's orphaned half brother and sister arrive safely in Seattle, with a man, who was supposed to be a woman! They hope she'll wed Michael Haggerty but Maddie has no intention of marrying anyone! She's got too much to do running her laundry service and bakery. She is determined to be a lady of
Kristine Hansen
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wish I would quit wandering into the middle of a series like this. I hate the feeling that there's all kinds of people I should already know as I start a book. That said, the history of the books that come before, is handled well and I think I was able to catch up all right.

Maddie lives on the frontier - out in the brand new city of Seattle. She's come West to make a life for herself and her siblings. She seems to have done it, so enter Michael Haggarty who has brought her brother and sister t
Judy
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Instant Frontier Family
Frontier Bachelors Series Book Four
Maddie O'Rourke is determined to make her own way in life. She had traveled to Seattle with Mercer, but she was not going to be a bride. That didn't mean she wouldn't smile and perhaps flirt a bit to help sell her baked goods to the men in Seattle. Especially if it meant more money to help raise her half sister and brother.

Michael Haggerty knew he was not what the fiery redhead expected when he delivered her siblings to her. She also did
Rhonda
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it

4 stars

Maddie O'Rourke is a determined, hard working lady. She takes in laundry and is starting a bakery. Now she is having her little brother and sister come live with her from New York. But the lady who was supposed to have been their escort was actually a man.

Michael made himself some enemies in New York. So he took the job as a escort to two children in his Aunt's orphanage from New York to Seattle. He is determined to make sure the kids are alright and to pay back his ticket price.

Maddie an
Gina Hott
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Instant Frontier Family . Maddie’s work ethic and her willingness to work herself to the bone to provide for her family shows a love and willingness to be God’s disciple that many people don’t have nowadays. It was fun to watch her fall in love especially as she protested that she did not want that more than anything else. Her siblings were a great source of annoyance even to me as the reader. She kept saying how she felt guilty that she had a short temper with them and yet, I d ...more
Yvette - Bookworlder
I only recently started reading books from Harlequin's Love Inspired Historical line, and this might just be my favorite so far. It was a quick read, the storyline was interesting and the characters were engaging. The setting was believable (I'm a native of the Seattle area) and this was, overall, a nice, well balanced and enjoyable story.

Just ignore the title choice and that the cover looks like it is set off in the woods, instead of on an early Seattle street. If you are looking for a shorter
Anita
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love historical fiction, so this book was a great choice for me. Maddie O'Rourke is one determined woman, and no one is getting in the way of her plan for success in life and business! Not even a very handsome new arrival in Seattle. The way to a man's heart might be his stomach, but the way to Maddie's heart was a bit harder to figure out. Pick up this book and get to know the early days of the Washington territory, and imagine how life must have been for a single woman who didn't want to con ...more
Lucy
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in a series, but I was able to read it as a standalone and was perfectly fine with it. If you are looking for a quick, enjoyable read with characters you fall in love with then look no farther. I like the way the story progresses instead of rushing into a romance. The characters are believable including the children and the struggles they have. I recommend this book if you enjoy a good historical romance.
Thank you Regina Scott for trusting me to read this and give an hone
Britney
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Instant Frontier Family is an engaging story and a wonderful addition to the Frontier Bachelors series!

Regina Scott always paints a vivid picture with her words, and I loved the details and descriptions she included in this story. I could just hear the Irish brogue as I read! I especially enjoyed the development of the relationships between Maddie and her siblings and between Maddie and Michael. Their story is fraught with drama and danger, and I enjoyed every word!

I received a complimentary co
Harlequin Books
"Scott does a splendid job penning two wonderful characters who face hardships and discrimination, but with faith are able to overcome these obstacles. The realistic epilogue is a perfect reminder that love and family are the most important things" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars).

Miniseries: Frontier Bachelors
Gail
Nice story. The heroine is in Seattle, having traveled there alone, with the intention of starting a business so she can bring her brother and sister to join her. The story opens with her on the docks waiting for them to arrive, with the older woman she asked for, to come help with her laundry business. And they show up with a man. One who needed to get out of New York because he got in trouble with the Irish gang. He's obviously the hero. The heroine is angry, because she really needs help with ...more
Jackie Cook
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good. Kept my attention. I enjoy reading about strong religious women. I enjoy books regarding late 1800s life

I enjoy stories written about the struggles and triumphs of women in the 1800s. Also I admire their strong character.
Michelle
This story had some nice additions that made it more than just a romance. The kids were cute and made nice secondary characters. There was a bit of a thriller element threatening the family that was quite mysterious. The feisty Irish tempers made for nice sparks, as well.
Bonnie
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Instant Frontier Family is number four of Frontier Bachelors by Regina Scott. It takes place in 1866 in Seattle. Maddie O'Rourke leaves her younger half brother and half sister in New York when she moved to Seattle hoping to make a better life for herself and then bring her sister and brother to Seattle. Maddie now owns her own bakery and has some money. She hired a lady to escort them to Seattle. When they show up instead of a lady it is a man, Michael Haggerty. They had been on the boat three ...more
Karmen
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
It’s been a while since I’ve read a Love Inspired book, and I was pleasantly surprised! Either they’ve come up in the world, or Regina Scott (a new author to me) is a cut above the rest. This was a good, solid read. (I’m somewhat stingy with my stars, I suppose. There’s nothing wrong with a 3-star book in my opinion… it’s a good book.) I liked how independent and capable Maddie was, and how well the main characters meshed together. The romance was a little abrupt, but you have to pack it into a ...more
Collene
This has all the elements of a book I could really like. I love romances when they are combined with historical information. However, I couldn’t get into the characters. I loved Michael Haggerty but Maddie O’Rourke was hard to get to know. If I couldn’t know her, I couldn’t like her. The cover is awesome and looks like a lovable frontier family, but I wasn’t convinced by reading the book. The plot was interesting and getting to know Michael Haggerty was worth the read and I will read other books ...more
Melody
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was an enjoyable read. It gave me new perspective into life of the Irish settlers. People since the beginning of time have struggled to fit in, and its sad that life really hasn't even changed!
I love it when a book makes me think, and this one surely did. Always going to do my best to accept people for who they are, not where they come from or what they look like.
Maddie was a heroine after my own heart. I loved her feistiness, and Michael was a great rock solid hero.
Pat Meurrens
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Goodreads. It is the first Christian Historical Novel I have read. This book is so well written, I felt like I was right there in Seattle with the characters. I could not put it down, it's a real page-turner!
Neola
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book came to me from Goodreads. A lovely story about the struggles of the Irish people when they first came to America. Learning to trust and love again sometimes takes a lot of time and troubles.
Lora
Dec 19, 2015 marked it as to-read
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway and will review once I've read it.
Alisha Grant
loved the interaction between michael, maddie, ciara n aiden made for a great story
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Oct 03, 2015 10:12AM

• The Bachelor's Homecoming (Smoky Mountain Matches, #7)
  • Big Sky Cowboy (Montana Marriages, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Dreams
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas / Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • The Texan's Courtship Lessons (Bachelor List Matches, #2)
  • Her Holiday Family (Texas Grooms, #5)
  • Return of the Cowboy Doctor (Wyoming Legacy, #3)
  • The Matchmaker's Match
  • The Reluctant Bridegroom
  • Special Delivery Baby (Cowboy Creek #2)
  • The Guardian's Promise
  • Family of Her Dreams
Regina Scott started writing novels in the third grade. Thankfully for literature as we know it, she didn't actually sell her first novel until she had learned a bit more about writing such as vocabulary, sentence structure, and plot. After numerous short stories and articles in magazines and trade journals, she got serious about her novel writing. The Unflappable Miss Fairchild was her first nove ...more

Frontier Bachelors (8 books)
  • The Bride Ship (Frontier Bachelors, #1)
  • Would-Be Wilderness Wife (Frontier Bachelors, #2)
  • Frontier Engagement (Frontier Bachelors, #3)
  • A Convenient Christmas Wedding (Frontier Bachelors, #5)
  • Mail-Order Marriage Promise (Frontier Bachelors #6)
  • His Frontier Christmas Family (Frontier Bachelors #7)
  • Frontier Matchmaker Bride
“In his mind, that's what made a man a man, that he protected those he cared about. Those he loved.” 0 likes
“We all came to Seattle in hopes of building better lives. No one said we wouldn't have to struggle first.” 0 likes