Start by marking “Special Forces Savior (Omega Sector: Critical Response #1)” as Want to Read:
Special Forces Savior (Omega Sector: Critical Response #1)

Special Forces Savior

(Omega Sector: Critical Response #1)

He has to shut down the terrorists or lose everything. Including the woman who's become a target.

Omega Sector: Critical Response agent Derek Waterman is hunting some very bad men. After weeks of chasing cold leads, he has found the evidence that could expose the architects of a lethal terrorist bombing. But before Derek can start busting bad guys, he needs help from Dr. M
Published December 15th 2015 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Special Forces Savior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Forces Savior

Elizabeth Neal
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think, as women, we can all admit that there's been at least one time we've been completely at a loss as to how to form coherent sentences when we're anywhere in the vicinity of a certain man. There's just something about that person that reduces you to mush.

For Molly, that man is Derek. Molly is a very competent, intelligent forensic scientist and Derek is a Tactical Teams Specialist. They both work for Omega and the fact that Molly gets flustered whenever Derek is around has become a well kn
Susan
Good mix of romance and action. Derek and his fellow agents Jon and Liam have been working hard trying to find out who is behind a recent terrorist attack, but every lead so far has been a dead end. Then they find some evidence that could be just what they need, if someone can recover the data. This is where Molly comes in. She is the lead forensic scientist for Omega Sector and brilliant at what she does.

I loved Molly. She is fantastic at what she does, but she is also a bit shy and especially
Carra
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
So, right off the bat I identified with Molly-scientific female leads are always easy for me to connect with, and Molly's character exhibits attributes I find in myself. She's also strong and brave, and committed to doing the right thing. And oh, I loved Derek. He's your typical alpha male "I'm not good for you" guy that of course we all want to keep for ourselves.

This story is packed with plenty of action and suspense right from the start. There's also romantic tension between Molly and Derek
Paula Legate
I loved this book and all the characters that were in it. You can’t help but love Molly. She is the lead forensic scientist for Omega. She works long hours, and wears sensible shoes. She is brilliant but when Derek is anywhere near her she stutters, and acts like a silly school girl. She has had a crush on Derek for years. Derek also likes Molly, but has tried to keep his distance from her.

Derek and his fellow agents have been trying to find out who is behind the recent terrorist attack. Just w
Mona
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Derek and Molly work together. She’s the forensic lab genius at
Omega Sector while he’s part of the Tactical Specialist Team. He’s a loner
and has a dark past. When evidence is critical to a bombing he, and his team are investigating
he turns to Molly. It’s crutial that it’s handled ASAP! She’s somewhat tongue tied around him.
His other teammates think it’s a joke until something horrible happens to her.

This book is fantastic and fast paced.
Shannon Stuckey
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

I absolutely this book. It had everything I love in a great romantic suspense, the hot Alpha Male, the awkward beautiful heroine and plenty of action to keep me turning the pages. Special Forces Savior was such a great book I can't wait to binge read the rest in this series!
Marti
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HIGHLY recommended. Suspense, action, and romance. Wonderful characters, humor, and great dialogue. Cool heroes and wicked villains but no excessive torture or perversion. Bravo!
Jessica
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-blog
Special Forces Savior is jam packed with action from the very beginning. Kidnapping, cartels, terrorism, science, and romance. What more could I ask for?

Molly and Derek both work for Omega. Molly is a scientist and Derrek is a Tactical Team Specialist. They shared one intensely passionate night together three years ago. Now every time that Molly is around Derrick her brain stops functioning. The worst part is that he was drunk that night and she doubts that remembers.

Everyone in the office knows
Jo-Anne
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, wtr
Derek Waterman and Molly Humphries work for Omega Sector. He as a critical response agent and she as the lead forensic scientist. When the agents work on trying to find out who is behind a terrorist attack, they find some evidence that may give them the information they need. They get Derek to ask Molly to process the evidence because she would never say no to him. She actually doesn't say much when she is around him at all because she gets so flustered when he's around that she can bearly speak ...more
Debra Guyette
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Critical Response agent Derek Waterman has been chasing some leads which always run cold. Until one lead. Now he needs the help of Dr. Molly Humphries to retrieve and analyze the data obtained with that lead. Derek has always been attracted to Molly but knows nothing can come of it. His past is dark and dangerous and she would never be interested in him. But Molly does find herself interested. She must put that attraction to one side, though, as she works to retrieve the data. When Molly is kidn ...more
Ash
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Cant wait to read the next book.
Lissanne
I think Janie Crouch is fast becoming one of my favourite M&B authors! I got this e-book free for signing up for her mailing list and completely devoured it.

Dr Molly Humphries is intelligent, diligent and well-liked and respected by all who know her – but she’s also called Mousy Molly, because she dresses sensibly. She doesn’t wear make up. Nobody really seems to have any idea of Molly the woman vs Molly the scientist. What is well known, however, is her crush on Derek Waterman.

Here’s what n
Linda Walters
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and it kept me zipping right through the pages. I really liked the main characters and their at times shaky connection. Oh, they wanted each other but big, brave Derek thought he was too dark, too damaged to be with someone so gentle and sweet as Molly. He weakened a few times around her, which really sent such confusing messages to Molly. Each time he would get close to her, afterwards he would put distance between them. Making her wonder, "how did he really feel about ...more
Miki
This was first published on my blog "Lecture toute une Aventure"

I was looking for a good romance suspense when i came across this one and it's so good i want to continue the series even if this is a stand alone. Really it was super, the investigation, the characters all fit perfectly so that you were immersed in the story and not wanting to make a break but you could still take one if needed without feeling distressed.

Molly is a character i love, she is stronger than she looks, she is compas
Jo-Anne
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, wtr
Derek Waterman and Molly Humphries work for Omega Sector. He as a critical response agent and she as the lead forensic scientist. When the agents work on trying to find out who is behind a terrorist attack, they find some evidence that may give them the information they need. They get Derek to ask Molly to process the evidence because she would never say no to him. She actually doesn't say much around him at all because she gets so flustered when he's around that she can bearly speak. Derek is a ...more
Beth
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Had to make sure I was reviewing the right book .. so many similar looking or named books in the authors collection ... I think this is the right one? I am new to Janie's book, this is my 1st read from her and will certainly not be the last, I found it free ... such a quick couldn't put it down kind of read. Love that!! This book is filled with a good mix of romance and action. Molly likes word and eye drooling (this is a new word for me, we can all eye drool over some one, gives ya a good visua ...more
Jane
Derek Waterman and his team of special agents in the Omega Sector Critical Response team move from one action packed situation to another as they search for the parties responsible for a bombing in Chicago. They take evidence to Dr. Molly Humphries, Omega's lead forensic scientist that sets into motion a chain of events from a bombing of her lab to kidnapping by a drug lord and dramatic rescue and finding the evidence on a drive that can put all three parties behind bars.

The romance between Dere
Monica Cardoza
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Omega Sector: Critical Response series and I totally fell in love with Derek and Molly.  I loved the geeky lab scientist and the handsome Agent Derek characters and how Ms. Crouch was able to write their journey in finding love.  They were perfect for each other and they would both be able to bring out the best in each other.  There was plenty of action, suspense and romance in this story.  The storyline was enthralling and I had to read it from beginning to the end ...more
Cheryl Sanders
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
This is book one in the Omega Sector: Critical Response series and it features agent Derek Waterman and Dr. Molly Humphries. Their relationship is a strange one. It’s not because of her but because of him. One minute he wants her and shows her how much. Then he’ll remember he’s no good for her and stay distant for a year or two but then, will have a hard time staying away again. All this while they both work at Omega Sector. She’s an introvert that doesn’t like conflict, which is why he
Carol
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
reat read, the characters Molly and Derek were wonderful. Molly is shy and smart. Derek is alpha and hiding his past. They have a electric connection, can they get fight the bad guys and his past to be together? It is worth the read! I recommend it to all. I received it as an arc and voluntarily left my review.
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
I loved Molly. She was intelligent, and strong, and not ashamed to show vulnerability when the situation called for it. It took me a while to come around to liking Derek, but once I understood his motivations things made a lot more sense.
The book opened with a bang that continued until the very end! There were a few little plot holes, but all in all, the suspense was really well done.
Shirley Linn
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Loved it.

This was a fast-paced, suspenseful story. It had great characters and a suspenseful storyline. It kept my attention from the beginning until the end. I would definitely recommend this book.

Susanne Lee
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read book!

Want a strong defender? Even a strong victim? You've come to the right place. This book has action, romance. What more could you want? It is a great stand alone read. It is also part of the Omega series. You can't go wrong reading a Janie Crouch book.
Janet
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book good series
Linda Klages
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Part of a series but read as a stand alone. Easy to read - good.
Chrissy
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Derek and Molly are so different, that makes this book so special. There is hot Romance and action and suspense get it today.
Teresa Reitnauer
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Full of intense, suspenseful drama. The characters are well developed. Great chemistry between a dark soul agent and innocent forensic tech. Highly recommend read.
Krita
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, mystery, romance
3.5

Ok so the name of this book was misleading...i had little expectations of this one. However I was pleasantly surprised.
Beverly
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good writing, editing, and plot. I liked the characters and the set up for the rest of the series. I'll look for more of her books.
  • Task Force Bride (The Precinct: Task Force, #5; The Precinct #21)
  • The Deputy's Redemption (Sweetwater Ranch, #5)
  • Disarming Detective (The Lawmen #1)
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
  • One Moonlit Night (Moonlight Square, #0.5)
  • Abduction
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • Set Free: A Story of Peace Found Through Forgiveness
  • Red Stone Security Series Box Set: Volume 2 (Red Stone Security, #4-6)
  • Finding Her Son (Carder Texas Connections, #1)
  • Death By Ice Cream (Pismawallops PTA #1)
  • To Wed in Scandal (Scandal in London, #2)

"Passion that leaps right off the page." - Romantic Times Book Reviews

USA TODAY bestselling author Janie Crouch writes what she loves to read: passionate romantic suspense. She is a winner and/or finalist of multiple romance literary awards including the Golden Quill Award for Best Romantic Suspense, the National Reader’s Choice Award, and the coveted RITA© Award by the Romance Writers of America

Omega Sector: Critical Response (6 books)
  • Fully Committed (Omega Sector: Critical Response #2)
  • Armored Attraction (Omega Sector: Critical Response, #3)
  • Man of Action (Omega Sector: Critical Response, #4)
  • Overwhelming Force (Omega Sector: Critical Response #5)
  • Battle Tested (Omega Sector: Critical Response #6)