Start by marking “The Lady and the Mountain Promise (Mountain Dreams, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Lady and the Mountain Promise (Mountain Dreams, #4)

The Lady and the Mountain Promise

(Mountain Dreams #4)

Lilly Arendale has fought the anger of prejudice all her life. Her Guatemalan mother and wealthy English father were very much in love and gave her the best of upbringings, but their family was never accepted in either country. Now, orphaned and alone in the mining town of Butte in the Montana Territory, the effects of racism have left Lilly with a one-year old daughter ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st, 253 pages
Published October 6th 2015 by Misty M. Beller Books (first published October 3rd 2015)

Start your review of The Lady and the Mountain Promise (Mountain Dreams, #4)
Jeffrey
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Young Marcus is a long way from his South Carolina roots in the frontier town of Butte Montana as he becomes the town's newest preacher. At his sister Claire's wedding he spies a beautiful young woman playing on the church's new piano and he is fascinated by her exotic beauty. Lilly is a mystery to almost everyone. The orphaned daughter of an English father and Guatemalan mother, she is shy and guarded to a fault as she zealously protects her adorable two year old daughter from everyone. What ...more
Darlene Franklin
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alphabet-soup
I write historical romance, but I don't always find it as absorbing as mysteries. Not in this case. I started reading after I had just finished reading a mystery by one of my favorite authors. The next thing I knew, I was a third of the way through the book. Did I mention this was the middle of the night? The book had plenty of drama, with a clear spiritual message, and characters to care for.
Timothy Hendricks
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is my favorite of the series that I have read thus far and I enjoyed very much the last 3 previous books. I expect the next one in the series very soon. I really like Millie, Dahlia, and Marcus. But I like all the other characters in the series as well. One of the things that I like about reading a series is the depth that is added to all of the characters as you continue into each book. I think the book was very well written and laid out. I didn't feel rushed in anyway and I like how ...more
Mary Read
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lady and the Mountain Promise, #4, by Misty M. Beller, I think Misty, the author should have 6 stars, too. Lilly and Marcus and Dahlia who was 2 years old..Marcus loved the little girl, he did a lot of things with her. I read the book, I don’t know when! I can’t remember all the things that happened. Dahlia’s father stole her away from the house in Butte, but they didn’t find her. They were had many people looking for her. At last, I think Marcus found her alongside a cabin. After they found ...more
Patricia
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Rating 2.5, rounded up.

For some reason, I had trouble connecting with this story. I even did some skim reading, which usually means an automatic 2-star rating. I really liked Marcus. I think my trouble was with Lily's character. It seemed the relationship could only have been based on looks and piano playing initially because otherwise there wasn't much to go on. And Lily didn't give much to go on for most of the book. Through the other stories, Lily has always been pretty enigmatic so perhaps
kelli Myers
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captivating

From the moment I started this series, I couldn't wait to find time to read. Each character was so multifaceted that I wanted to know more about their lives. Ms. Beller did an amazing job creating each character and keeping their stories real. Great Christian values that encouraged my heart to trust Him more.
Debbie
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another exciting story.

I could barely put it down. It is so real to life you feel like you are right there. So much love and faith in this series you fall in love with the people in it. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
God Trumps Evil

So much love, compassion and celebrations of God and His promise are woven within the walls of this series. Even in the face of evil God is worshipped and eases the worry created by evil~
Lynda Knapp
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story!

This was well-written and the characters were realistic. Lilly was a wonderful mother and her daughter was just so very precious. Marcus was a great protector for Lilly and I liked their story.
Donna Ransdell
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story!

A great story of learning to trust others. I loved the characters, both new and the returning ones. Ready for book five in the series!
Barbara Carter
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Had to order Book 5!

The saga continues and continues, but not without excitement and an adventure. Had to go ahead and order Book 5 to follow this ride to its conclusion!
Gerry Brown
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

Another wonderful story to read! There's only one more book in the series and I hate for it to end!
Nana
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A promise made by two, but for different reasons.

Our past can catch up with us , no matter how hard we try to hide it. Trust can be hard to give and take.
Kelli
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trigger warning- violent rape(not described in detail but with lingering consequences), kidnapping
Becky Bowen
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
really good, could not put down
Beverly McCall
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Misty M. Beller has outdone herself with this adorable western romance tale, The Lady and the Mountain Man. Ms. Beller demonstrates strength in her writing through the development of her characters, who are multi-faceted. Ms. Beller introduces us to our female protagonist, Lilly Arendale, in the opening scenes of this book. The scenes she describes are descriptive and transport the reader into this story. Lilly Arendale is a striking beauty of mixed blood—half Guatemalan and half English—who ...more
Wendy
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-i-read
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
(taken from Amazon.com)
Lilly Arendale has fought the anger of prejudice all her life. Her Guatemalan mother and wealthy English father were very much in love and gave her the best of upbringings, but their family was never accepted in either country. Now, orphaned and alone in the mining town of Butte in the Montana Territory, the effects of racism have left Lilly with a one-year-old daughter and a fierce desire to avoid men at all costs.

Marcus Sullivan is a born
Sandra Barnett
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
excellent read

The book was beautifully written. i loved how each character came to life. I laughed at the preacher and how he fumbled his words.

what
Joleen
Sweet story of a young woman (Lilly) who had a child, fathered under suspicious circumstances, hiding for years working in a cafe kitchen, as inconspicuous as possible. But one song at a piano for a wedding and she was noticed by the bride's brother, a local preacher. Finally someone to play the piano at church! But try as he might he couldn't find her.
Eventually he learned who she was, but his attempts to make any kind of contact or to ask her if she'd like to play at church were met with
Elizabeth Sintes
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Lady and the Mountain Promise

Bless this Arthur Miss Beller . Two books I have read in this series and they are full of love and family. She writes so beautiful and descriptive. I love her characters,her scenes, and her clean writings. Thank you Miss Beller.
Joanie
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Lily and her daughter, Dahlia settled in a small town and tried to stay out of the limelight. After what had happened to her, she tried not to get "close" to anyone until Marcus, the Reverand, came into the picture. She was hiding something but eventually she had to tell of her bad experience.
I really like the way Ms. Beller writes and get you involved.
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Misty Beller is a new author to Christian fiction and she is coming along very nicely, too. This is her 4th book in a series of Christian historical fiction.

Marcus is the preacher in Butte, Montana. Lilly Arendale is British and plays the piano, but she's very standoffish and shy. She also has a 2 year old but no husband. Scared, is what she is. A terrible wrong has been done her and the threat of more danger looms.

Lilly wants to trust Marcus and trust that God will protect her, but can she let
Kirsi Johnson
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Clean, "Old-time" Romance

This is the fourth book in Ms. Beller's Mountain Dreams Series. Like I've stated in previous reviews, you don't have to read these books in order to enjoy them, though you'll appreciate some of the supporting characters a bit more if you do read them in order.

As for this entry in the series, it was a real treat! Lilly and Marcus' story is about overcoming old wounds and finding the perfectly flawed person to complete oneself. Definitely worth a read!
Charlene Davis
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected love

My favorite part of the book is when Marcus finds himself stranded in the deep snow. I won't say more about that it will ruin it for you.

This is the second book in the series I've read and will read the next one. I don't like to write much because it will spill to may great scenes in the book. Its short and sweet and can read within a coup!e of hours, grab your favorite beverage and read this beautiful love story
Crystal Barnes
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Misty Beller. I'm loving this whole series. The preacher's story is a wonderful installment in this collection and picks up right where book 3 leaves off. Curious about the cafe's cook? You'll learn about her too. And of course an insightful biblical message included in the mix. Definitely a novel I'd recommend to those who enjoy Christian historical romances.

I received this novel free in exchange for my honest review.
Terri
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great read

If you like clean romance stories this is a good read. The characters are likable and it is easy to get involved with the storyline. There is some scriptures used and prayer but it is not overly done if that's not your thing. Ill definitely be reading more from this author
Colleen Mertens
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was a cute, lightweight romance book. I liked the story and the characters though at times the plot was predictable. The book followed the basic romance format and didn't leave you guessing at any point at what was coming. It was fun for a simple pleasure read.
Barb Ledger
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great from start to finish.

A Great read from start to finish.
Ms Beller is a very good author and I have enjoyed all her stories that I have read so far. I look forward to the next book in this series.
Barbara
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love and promise

Evil cannot win when we put our trust in God. It took a while and many trials and burdens for Lily to turn herself over to God. It was so worth it. A lovely book of love, hope and promise.
Elaina
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book took me a little bit to get into it but it definitely didn't disappoint me at all. The mystery, the tension, the longing, the romance, the adventure and the secrets were very well placed in this book. On to the next book!

• Dakota Dawn (Dakota Plains, #1)
  • Wagon Train Wedding (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #2)
  • Dakota Destiny (Dakota Series Book 5)
  • Dakota December (Dakota Plains, #4)
  • Dakota Dusk (Dakota Plains, #3)
  • Dakota Dream (Dakota Plains, #2)
  • Temporary Bride (Dakota Brides #1)
  • A Sensible Arrangement (Lone Star Brides, #1)
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • Glorious Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #4)
  • The Rancher’s Bride Arrangement  (Brides of Inspiration #1)
  • Wagon Train Matchmaker (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #3)
  • So Many Roads to Choose (Oregon Trail Dreamin' Book 4)
  • Hearts Stolen (Texas Romance #2)
  • Under the Midnight Sun (The Heart of Alaska, #3)
  • After the Rains (The Camfield Legacy #2)
  • Love Finally Takes Control
  • Mail Order Prairie Bride (Dodge City Brides, #1)
Misty M. Beller writes romantic mountain stories, set on the 1800s frontier and woven with the truth of God’s love. For a limited time, you can get her bestselling novel, The Lady and the Mountain Man, FREE here: http://bit.ly/2gvrW1a

She was raised on a farm in South Carolina, so her Southern roots run deep. Growing up, her family was close, and they continue to keep that priority today. Her

Mountain Dreams (5 books)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Man  (Mountain Dreams, #1)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Doctor (Mountain Dreams, #2)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Fire (Mountain Dreams, #3)
  • The Lady and the Mountain Call (Mountain Dreams, #5)