Start by marking “With a Twist (Bad Habits, #1)” as Want to Read:
With a Twist (Bad Habits, #1)

With a Twist (Bad Habits #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  6,332 Ratings  ·  698 Reviews
Love is somewhere near the bottom of Lily Thomas’ list of life goals, right next to competitive eating and underwater cave diving. She’s spent six years pirouetting and pliéing her way up the ranks of the New York Ballet with her eye on the prize and love in the back seat. But now that Blane Baker -- Lily’s long time crush -- is finally single, she’ll throw her rules out t ...more
Published July 16th 2015 by Promise Socks Publishing

Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

photo Staci Hart_zps41g5r1xm.png

Every time I read a Staci Hart book I fall in love. The stories, the characters, the writing, I always look forward to reading her books. By the end of this year I WILL have them all read :D With a Twist is a fantastically fun, sweet and sexy friends to lovers book.
”We'd always been affectionate, always been close, but the boundaries were firmly in place we were friends.”

West and Lily are friends and neighbors. They are always there for one another and are very close. For as long
Lisa Jayne
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa Jayne by: Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads

"Sometimes love leaves you spinning."

If this novel is an example of a bad habit then I'll gladly take up its offer of a life of weakness and stay happily addicted, thank you very much. A Staci Hart book is what every romance lover dreams of and If this book is anything to go by I can already foresee that she will fast become one of my favourite authors. After receiving a gorgeously enthusiastic message from one of my goodreads friends about this book (thank you Angie) I qu
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing

What a great book.
What a phenomenal freaking read.

You know, going into a novel I always feel a sense of nervousness. Especially if the book's from an author I haven't read before. I'll admit, I tend to stick with authors who I trust to deliver a well written read. I don't step outside of my "go to" bubble very much. Of course, I'll pick up a book here and there, but for the most part I have a list of writers I gravitate to.

I'm so unbelievably thrilled to have found a "ne
Staci Hart
Jun 05, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
FREE on all vendors!

Barnes and Noble:

Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

With a Twist is a sweet, friends to lovers romance that is a light and funny read.

Lily and West have been friends for quite a few years and have always friend zoned each other for various reasons.

West is a teaching assistant at Colombia and hoping to get into the doctoral programme, whilst Lily is starring in Swan Lake at the New York Ballet. They often hang out together with a larger group of friends, of which we are introduced to together they form a large part of the story.

Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Dec 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Geesh! I'll just never understand why a reader would be interested in reading a story where the MCs are screwing other people before getting a HEA together.

I've read very few books where om/ow works for me, and then only because the screwing of others has a monumental... Tastefully Written point to it for the plot and/or characters.

That monumental tact with ow/om is not the case in this book at all.

My safety gang friends, this will be a no-go for yall!

The female mc Lily is a dancer with
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ughhhh, this book! This book is pretty much everything right now. I just finished it and I'm so flipping in love, with West, with Lily, with this crew, I can't even. <<-- Can't even what? No. Idea. I just can't, okay?

With years of friendship between them, Lily Thomas and Weston Williams aren't looking at each with love in their eyes. Nope, their friendship is based on a solid foundation of support, crappy reality TV and understanding.

They've never wanted to step outside the confines of t
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 43%. Didn't like Lily and both characters were still sleeping with others.
Not my thing at all!!
Ugh I had high hopes
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

I knew I was going to fall in love with this book the moment I laid my eyes on the first page.
OH, MY GOD. I CANNOT believe this is actually happening.

It was the only thought in my brain, and it echoed over and over again as I stared in the studio mirror, gripping the barre as Blane Motherfucking Baker nailed me from behind.

This opening line guarantees a hooked reader. There are no turning back.

With a Twist follows the story of Lily, a ballerina who finally has the chance to start a relationship
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read. I laughed several times at Lily. She was a fun character with a really great personality. The characters were easy to get attached to. Its pretty much a story about young adults living the dream in New York. A bartender, ballet dancer, a teacher and newly single girl from Mississippi.

I will read the next book in the series to see what happens between Cooper and Maggie.
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo REVIEWBUTTON_zpsdoyr98fj.jpg

LOVED it!!! This book had me curious since the first moment I saw the blurb and cover. When I was given one of the first copies, I was ecstatic! I sure wasn't disappointed.
It's been a while since I've read a best friends-turn- lovers story and I think this is one of the best I've ever read.
The book had it all; humor, love, friendship, passion and villains that you just have to hate!
Lily is a dancer and she is currently preparing for the dance of her life; Swan Lake.
West is a Teacher's Assistant
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With a Twist is the story of Lily Thomas and West Williams, not just a love story but one that also encompasses a story of friendship. When Lily gets the promotion within the New York City Ballet, the crush she’s had since high school is within her reach, but all the anticipation of wanting Blane doesn’t match the reality.

As West awaits news if he gets to progress in his academic career, it suddenly hits him that what he feels for Lily is far greater than the friendship they share. But now Blan
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
I hate to say I expected more from this book but I did. The heroine, Lily, got on my nerves.
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017, ebook
This was a quick and fun read and I definitely enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the first half of the book was a little slow and I'm also not the biggest fan of the author's writing style which is why I'm giving this 3 out of 5 stars!
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

Cutesy, light and fluffy romance reminiscent of How I Met Your Mother and Friends.

I am desperate for anything to get me out of this slump
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
With A Twist by Staci Hart
4 stars!!!

“Sacrificing satin and leather, one concerto at a time.”

I was first introduced to Staci Hart through her Hardcore series which I absolutely loved. I have to admit that series caught my eye because of the amazing covers and once again, I love the cover that Staci has chosen to adorn With A Twist. Once I find an author that I love I don’t tend to read blurbs, I just dive in and that was the case with this, so I was pleasantly surprised that this was a contem
2 stars

After reading Wasted Words I felt like I needed more Staci Hart. I loved her build up to the relationship after their friendship. However, With A Twist just made me do a 180.

These two main characters were with other people for like 2/3 of the book. And they didn't really take the transition from friends to in lurve very slowly. It just was not for me. I was hoping to love this series, but I'm probably going to pass now :(
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it

Oh, this was so stinkin' fun to read! Loved the writing and the characters! Looking forward to the next book!

Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ccbh-reviewed
Sometimes love leaves you spinning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well let me tell you, With a Twist will definitely leave you twirling on your twinkle toes! This romantic comedy is a friends to lovers novel but, sweet whiskey on Weston's lips it is so much more!

Weston is an intellectual being. From his beard and man-bun to his deep thoughts and love of all things Shakespearian, I love this man. I want to make love to his mind while immersing myself into every single part of him.

“I just never saw Shakespeare that
2.5 bit on the slow side stars.

This is a sweet friends to lovers story. She's a principal ballerina, he's an English Major. Oh and he has a beard and man bun. Not sure how I feel about the man bun tbh, but, details.

Normally I love the gradual realisation that goes on in a friends to lovers story, with crackling chemistry zipping around every time they're together, but this was an unusual narrative in that neither of them realises they feel anything but friendship until the 50% mark and then the
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
With a setup a cross between Cheers and Friends "With A Twist" just pirouetted (ballet term, just go with it) it's way into my all time favorite books. You really can't go wrong with a 'Friends to lovers' story and the one between Lily and West (or WesLy as I call them) is as good as they get!

A hot new series about a group of young, single, 20 something's living in New York who gather at a local neighborhood bar "Habits" are introduced to us in Hart's newest masterpiece. First up is the story of
Autumn Review
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, review, favorites
I'm a huge fan of friends to lovers tropes and Hart nailed this one! As far as book boyfriend's go, West was perfection and everything I look for in a hero. If you're looking for a bad boy, he won't be your pick. But if you're looking for a truly good man with morals, respect for women, and has a good heart...West is your guy.

As for Lily, I liked her. I could relate to her ambitious nature and her kind heart. What made Lily the most likable to me though was Lily and West together. The complemen
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
"The opera had just been so overwhelming, not only because of the performance, but because of West. When he showed up in that suit and looked at me like … I don’t even know what. That look hit me in a way I couldn’t sort out. All night long, I kept catching myself falling into him, into his eyes, into his words."

This is a fluffy modern story about a lumbersexual named West and a blonde ballerina named Lily. There is wit, a sweet build-up, but not much that is new.

"Her smile was soft and lovely a
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: july-2015
Well, had some kinda high hopes on this one. I didn't particularly care for the main characters. I found myself wanting to know more about Rose and Patrick instead since there was more drama and story there.
Weston and Lily have known each other for quite some time since she is best friends with his sister. They hang out, always staying in the friend zone. She has the hits for hottie dancer Blane and all of a sudden West becomes jealous and can't figure out why. Yet everyone else knows and just
Alyssa | Swept Away By Books
It really took about 40% to feel like it really got going but I appreciated the build up. And the rest from there was just perfectly brilliant and ADORABLE OMG. These characters are so unreal and Hart really fleshed them out beautifully. I cannot wait to get the rest of their stores and have more about Lily and West.

The ballet and academic portion of this were brilliant as well. I always wanted to be a ballerina and I just adored all of the dance.

Read this book if you love perfect things.
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“The guy was gorgeous and smart, funny, driven. And with manners. A total catch. If he wasn’t my best friend, I’d be all over that.”

What do you get when you put a ballet dancer, a TA from Columbia with a man bun, a group of too sexy and fun for their own good friends along with a ton of whiskey, sexual tension and some great laugh out loud moments? You get a book you can’t put down! With a Twist is both a light funny book and an angst ridden love triangle all wrapped up together.

“I didn’t cho
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
My Review:
When Staci writes, I read, I haven’t read a book of hers that I didn’t like and I have to say I am madly in love with Lily and West. The entire group of friends is fantastic and I can’t wait to read the rest of these books to find out about the other friends and read about their stories.

The story revolves around Lily and West they are pretty much best friends that have no idea that they like each other a lot more than just friends. Lily is a little hung up on a guy she has assumed sh
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm going to be completely honest, I bought this book solely on the cover. I could dedicate a whole post on how the male cover model has changed my opinion on man buns, but I'll save that for later. Anywhoo...this was a fabulous friends-to-lovers romance. The type that was not too fast but not too slow, it had perfect timing.

Lily and West have been best buds for years. They both have the same interests and share a love for Ten Things I Hate About You (fabulous movie) and The Bachelor. They both
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was ok

The rivalries were really over the top. I hated the cattiness between Nadia and Lily. It was awful to read about. The romance was cute but so so so cheesy. Also, Lily was kind of annoying with her obsession with Blane and her inability to see what a dick he was.
I did enjoy the secondary characters though and I'll be picking up the next book if it's about Trick and Rosie.
  • Souls ReAligned (Bound4Ireland, #2)
  • See Jane Fall (Heart of Montana, #4)
  • Crazy for You (Life and Love on the Lam, #2)
  • The Perfect Fit (Riley O'Brien & Co., #4)
  • Wanderlust (Modern Love Story, #3)
  • Make it Right (Bowler University, #2)
  • Over the Hills and Far Away (NOLA's Own, #1)
  • Start Me Up (Hearts and Crafts, #1)
  • Wish for You (Boys of the South, #4)
  • Stanton Completely (Stanton, #3)
  • His to Lose (Cannon Cousins, #4)
  • Just Her Luck
  • Home Run (Keller Family, #7)
  • The Game That Breaks Us (Us, #3)
  • Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3)
  • The Allure of Julian Lefray (The Allure, #1)
Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can’t forget that. She’s also been a mom to three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She’s been a wife, even though she’s certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She’s also super, duper fun at a party, espe ...more
More about Staci Hart...

Bad Habits (3 books)
  • Chaser (Bad Habits, #2)
  • Last Call (Bad Habits, #3)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Judgment (Cassidy & Spenser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Breathless
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“It’s like if Ryan Gosling showed up at your door dressed like Noah from The Notebook, bearing flowers and whiskey. You’d be stupid not to take that bike for a ride.” 12 likes
“she’s blinded by his douchesparkle.” 9 likes