Start by marking “Conviction (Razia, #3)” as Want to Read:
Conviction (Razia, #3)

Conviction

(Razia #3)

Clink.

Razia is in trouble. Captured by a fellow pirate, she now finds herself back on probation with a bounty worth zero credits. In the cold reality, she begins to question herself and everything she has been working towards all of her life--and what she's willing to do to reclaim her glory.

Conviction is the third book in the Razia series.

Piracy is a game. What do you sta
Published October 28th 2015 by Sun's Golden Ray Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Conviction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conviction

Start your review of Conviction (Razia, #3)
Allen Shepherd
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Conviction? S. Usher Evans does it once again. Conviction quickly grabs you and submerges you back into the world of Piracy and Planet Exploration and never lets you go until the last page, and then you are quickly looking for when the next book will be out (February 2015 *Sigh*). Evans stories always seem to hit home on so many different levels, she makes you feel like you are apart of Razia, Sage, and the rest of the characters in the book that it feels like you are one of ...more
Julia
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So far I think this is my favorite book in the series. I give Conviction 5 stars!

Positives:

-Lyssa/Razia is as hard on herself as ever, and she finds herself asking the questions I think we all ask ourselves at some point in time.
-We really get to see some of the guilt that she carries around, afraid to share because she’s afraid of everyone’s reaction. What she thinks will happen, is of course blown out of proportion to what actually does, as is usually the case when we dwell on things.
-Razia in
Meradeth Houston
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've become a huge fan of this series over the last couple of books (Double Life and Alliances), but I have to say that this one really got me. I read the whole thing on a flight across country and couldn't put it down. I've always liked Razia/Lyssa and her sass, but it was really refreshing to see more to her character, including her insecurities, in this novel. I seriously felt for her, and liked seeing a whole lot more depth added to her character. And then there's Sage, who I am fairly certa ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hooray! S. Usher Evans has done it again. The characters continue to drive the plot of the Razia series brilliantly. Razia is a compelling, complex character, and her relationship with friends, frenemies, and enemies makes for another series of exciting adventures and misadventures in this novel. The pirate web and the police forces make the perfect, screwed-up political backdrop for drama and danger.

(I was also excited to finally see more alien planet landscapes and some nonhumans in this serie
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My how things change sometimes. When I first agreed to review DOUBLE LIFE, the first book in this series, it sat on my tablet for quite a while before I had to read it for the scheduled review. I'm not usually one to drag my feet with reading books, but I honestly wasn't convinced I was really going to like it.

Fast forward to this book - I'm curled up in bed in my hotel room looking at Facebook after a really long day when I see a semi-cryptic post on the author's page. I squeal, jump out of be
Emily
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, scifi
Originally seen on
Emily Reads Everything

In my review of Double Life, I talked about how I liked the story, but I wished that Razia was.... more. I want her to be kinder, more understanding, more mature. I struggled with her maturity level because I could see the person that she could be. If only she would calm down and stop jumping to conclusions all the time.

I liked Alliances too. There I revealed my everlasting love for Sage Teon and Lizbeth. The two of them are a formidable team when it com
Chelsea
This series just keeps getting better the more I read. As much as Razia drives me crazy, I also really love her. I love all the characters honestly. They all have such different personalities and they're hilarious when they interact together. That's probably my favourite part of the whole series. I like how there's these little bits of humour even when we're in the middle of a really intense scene. It makes the story a lot easier to read.

Speaking of story, I especially liked the plot in this boo
Jamie
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. It seems to go slow for the first 30 to 40 pages but it sets up the inner questions Razia is facing towards her true identity and acceptance of others in life. This time she truly finds comfort in those that care for her and works out extending it to a few more and retracting care created from guilt.

And of course a long awaited moment is created...but spoilers. :)
Grace Madonio
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally read this book in just a few hours. Loved it. The ending kind of came up quickly. The most action packed big reveal, and then the end of the book within pages. Granet I did enjoy the ending. 😁 But wish it was slightly better spaced out.
Sierra
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, indie, sci-fi
OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOHMIGOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHDEAD
Rae
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The universe’s favorite sassy bounty hunter has made quite a few mistakes, including getting drunk and thinking she could take down a bounty who instead took down her. For the first time: Razia is caught, jailed, broken out, and no longer in the top twenty pirates. Not like it gave her any respect, anyway, but she could hope.

She’s also back on probation. And she has a new brother to get used to since he’s been assigned as a new assistant to Lyssa Peate.

Good thing Sage Teon’s here to save the day
Katie Carroll
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
The books in The Razia Series by S. Usher Evans just keep getting better. I picked book three, Conviction, up and couldn't put it down! Planet explorer Lyssa Peate in her "regular" life and space bounty pirate hunter Razia in her secret one, Lyssa is having a hard time keeping the two separate these days.

I really enjoyed her inner turmoil about what path she wants to take in her life. She still gets in her own way with her stubbornness, but her ability to realize this really starts to develop i
Chasia Lloyd
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did a bit of a speed-read through this so there's a good chance I may come back to this later and change my review. I was rushing so I could be ready for Fusion. <_< Plus I was very enthralled with this book!

The series starts to get a bit darker, more mature with Conviction. Razia/Lyssa has some huge problems to tackle. She's been an adult for awhile, but Razia is growing up, emotionally speaking. We really, really see how she's always worn her sassiness as armor to hide in her insecurities. Eve
Cait
Cameron
May 14, 2016
Maria Bouvier
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm enjoying the Razia series since book one, and nothing's changed. the story is getting more complex, more drama's coming. Lyssa's relationship with her family is messier than ever. Jukin, what a jerk! Theon?! I'd like to meet someone like him. up to book 4.
Alice (Alice's Book Vault)
Jun 30, 2019
Nov 03, 2018
Sandra
Jul 15, 2016

• Occupation (Rise #1)
  • Lone Wolf (Noah Wolf #2)
  • In Sheep's Clothing (Noah Wolf #3)
  • Hit For Hire (Noah Wolf #4)
  • The Wolf's Bite (Noah Wolf, #5)
  • Black Sheep (Noah Wolf, #6)
  • Balance of Power (Noah Wolf #7)
  • Cyborg Corps (Cyborg Corps #1)
  • Without Law 3 (Without Law #3)
  • Without Law 4 (Without Law #4)
  • Without Law 5 (Without Law #5)
  • Without Law 6 (Without Law #6)
  • Without Law 7 (Without Law #7)
  • Without Law 8 (Without Law #8)
  • Without Law 9 (Without Law #9)
  • Noah Wolf Box Set #4: Books 11-13
  • Without Law 10 (Without Law #10)
  • World Order (Noah Wolf #14)
S. Usher Evans is an author, blogger, and witty banter aficionado. Born in Pensacola, Florida, she left the sleepy town behind for the fast-paced world of Washington, D.C.. There, she somehow landed jobs with BBC, Discovery Channel, and National Geographic Television before finally settling into a "real job" as an IT consultant. After a quarter life crisis at age 27, she decided consulting was for ...more

Razia (5 books)
  • Double Life (Razia, #1)
  • Alliances (Razia, #2)
  • Fusion (Razia, #4)
  • Beginnings (Razia, #5)

News & Interviews

“Stop making excuses for people treating you like shit. Demand respect and you'll get it.” 1 likes