Start by marking “Keep Me Posted” as Want to Read:
Keep Me Posted

Keep Me Posted

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  1,737 Ratings  ·  412 Reviews
Two sisters share the surprising highs and cringeworthy lows of social media fame, when their most private thoughts become incredibly public in this fresh and funny debut novel.

The once-close Sunday sisters have not done a bang-up job of keeping in touch. Cassie is consumed with trying to make her life work as a Manhattan wife and mom to twin toddlers, while her bighearted
Published April 5th 2016 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about Keep Me Posted, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Stacey
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Chelsea Humphrey
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Find all my reviews on my blog: https://thesuspenseisthrillingme.com

Date Read: 06/23/16
Pub Date: 04/05/16

4 STARS

Sisters Cassie and Sid Sunday have not done a bang-up job of keeping in touch. In their defense, it hasn’t been easy: life veered in sharply different directions for the once-close sisters. Today, beautiful and big-hearted Sid lives an expat’s life of leisure in far-off Singapore, while harried, iPhone-clutching Cassie can’t seem to make it work as a wife and a mom to twin toddlers in
Megan Johnson
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
A plan to be pen-pals with your sister seems pretty harmless, right? In Lisa Beazley's new novel KEEP ME POSTED, that's exactly what Cassie and Sid thought too before the most personal secrets that they had disclosed to one another found their way onto the internet.

Better yet, they've gained an entire audience that is on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens next.

Now, forced to figure out how to handle not only the sudden spotlight on their very personal lives, they've got to also
Veronica ⭐️
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2016
Beazley has written a light-hearted and humorous but meaningful story around a modern day catastrophe and how it helped reunite a family and draw people closer together.

Cass is an ordinary mum with an ordinary life that doesn’t always go as planned as she struggles with who she is. I feel all mothers will relate to Cass on some level.
After the birth of her twin sons Cass decides children will not change the life she loves. So she struggles on with two boisterous growing boys in her tiny NYC flat
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I really enjoyed this story of two sisters reconnecting with each other through letters. I found myself relating to this book a lot more than I expected. I remember the joy of getting a hand written letter even though it has been years if not decades since I received one. I am from a family of girls so the focus on the sisters really appealed to me. I was completely entertained by this story and once I really started reading it, I didn't want
Alaina Meserole
Keep Me Posted was a cute, quick, and easy read.

It's about two sisters, Cassie and Sydney, who write letters to each other. Now I haven't written an actual letter since last year.. because my (ex)boyfriend was in the Air Force. Trust me.. it was weird. I had to like jam pack a whole months worth of information into one little letter. It was rough and I had lots of wine to help me cope with this dramatic experience.

It was nice to write a letter every now and then.. but it got way too confusing b
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
description

Ok, so here's the official description of the book:

Cassie and Sid Sunday, once as close as sisters could be, have drifted apart. Cassie’s struggling as a stay-at-home mother to twin toddlers in Manhattan, while Sid lives an expat’s life of leisure in far-off Singapore. It doesn’t help that Sid spurns social media while Cassie is addicted to her iPhone.

So when Sid suggests they reconnect the old-fashioned way—through real, handwritten letters—Cassie is on board. Intimate and honest, their corres
Lorilin
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, arc
Cassie is stuck. She's a thirty-something stay-at-home mom with twin three-year old boys. Her marriage is...fine. Her husband, Leo, is solid and dependable and a wonderful partner, overall, but the passion is gone. Probably because, let's face it, Cassie's passion FOR LIFE is gone. She's bored and unchallenged. And bored. So when her sister, Sid, suggests that the two of them start hand-writing good ol' fashioned letters to each other, Cassie begrudgingly agrees. Their letter experiment unexpect ...more
Haley
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Received via Goodreads first reads!

Cassie and Sid, two sisters determined to stay connected begin writing letters to one another. Each letter offers something private and personal, but when Cass decides to scan each letter on to what she thought was a private blog, things take a turn.

Imagine writing a letter to your sister about your sister-in-laws nasty uni-brow and the next thing you know the whole town has read the letter, including your sister-in-law! That feeling of embarrassment, and wan
Chris  Carroll
Every woman struggles with feelings of insecurity and being able to reach out to your sister and just have that tight connection is very empowering and supportive. Something that we all wish for and the author did a great job in creating and building these two sisters with love and forgiveness that is full of hope for family.

I had a tough time getting through the beginning in the middle of this, due to the privacy issue, but the ending really made a difference for me and how I looked at this boo
Kamalia
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader's copy of Keep Me Posted by Lisa Beazley a few months ago and finally got around to reading it. This book is a fun chick-lit about two sisters in their late thirties who live on opposite sides of the world and decided to stay in touch the old fashion way by writing letters. I was very surprised to find that i really enjoyed it! I had low expectations for the book because the Goodreads rating for it was 3.65. I'm rating it a 4.3 out of 5 stars!

Plot
I feel like there
Mary Pajank
Patty
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing

What it's all about...

This book is about sisters who are living far apart but trying to reunite and be as close as they were when they were in high school. One sister...Sid...doesn't do email so they decide to write to each other...using real letters...real snail mail letters. Cassie...the other sister...wants a way to preserve the letters so she sets up a private blog and scans all of their correspondence. However...of course...there is a computer glitch and the blog and letters go public.

My t
Marianne
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keep Me Posted is the first novel by American author, Lisa Beazley. One Christmas, Cassie and Sid Sunday decide they need to re-establish the close connection they had when they were growing up. Rather than regular communication by more modern means, they opt to write each other letters: the kind that need paper, pen, envelopes, stamps and a trip to the post box. What could go wrong?

Cassie (Cassandra Marie) Sunday is married to Leo Costa and they have twin three-year-old boys, Joey and Quinn. Le
Teresa
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was ok

When I started this book I was looking for an escape, sorta beachy read. I guess this could be consider that genre, but I just felt unsatisfied when I finished this book. Cassie, the main character, is so whiny that I felt I couldn't relate to her in anyway (and I am a stay at home mom as well). Sid, the other main character, was too perfect in my opinion...she never let anything faze her and when things didn't go her way she was able to move past it without so much as an anger thought.
Bonnie
Lady drops $3,900 on clothes, complains about being a bored housewife, and just said that her husbands one short-coming is bad handwriting. BECAUSE THAT'S SUPER IMPORTANT.
But she married him because he's a nice eater.
I give up.
Booksandchinooks (Laurie)
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy of this book by PenguinRandomHouse Canada for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book. Overall a fun easy read. Cassie lives in NYC in a very tiny apartment with her husband and three year old twins. Her sister, Sid, lives in Singapore. Over Christmas, while chatting, they decide to start to write letters to each other (actual letters written on paper and mailed) so they can reconnect and be more involved in each other’s lives. They tell each other their secrets and ...more
Kalen Deardorff
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a really great light ready. I really connected and liked both of the main characters sisters Cas and Sid. I found myself agreeing and saying "Cassie gets it" when reading the letters she would write to Sid. Her everyday life struggles of being a stay at home mom to 2 young boys and mundane routine every couple falls into when the romance and spark dies out is something almost every woman feels and can connect with. Watching Cassie grow and improve as a mother and wife through out t ...more
Melissa
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Melissa by: Goodreads First Reads
Enjoyed this book very much! I always love books with letters, memories and family tradition dialogue. This one also touches on something very important in my personal life. Losing family to technology and social media. Great story and definitely recommended.

Many thanks to #PenguinRandom #NAL and the #Goodreads First Reads Program

Product Details From Amazon.com
Hardcover: 320 pages
Publisher: NAL (April 5, 2016)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1101989866
ISBN-13: 978-1101989869
Product Dimensions: 6.3 x
emily
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Keep Me Posted, by first time author Lisa Beazley, is a sweet, funny book with real characters and a problem in which no one wants to find themselves. It’s the story of sisters, Cassie and Sid Sunday who decide to communicate via letters for one year. Sid lives in Singapore with her banker husband, baby and teenage son from a previous relationship. Cassie lives in a tiny apartment in Manhattan and has recently left her job to become a stay at home mom to her three year-old twin boys. Due to a te ...more
Maryellen
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sid and Cassie Sunday are sisters. Both married. Both have children. They were close growing up but time, distance (Sid is living in Singapore and Cassie is living in New York City) and circumstances have made them not estranged, but not close. At Christmas they made a commitment to go old school. They’re going to write letters~~snail mail~~to each other.

For every bit tech obsessed Cassie is, Sid is the polar opposite. Sid doesn’t even have a Facebook! Gasp! When Cassie uploads all those heartf
D. George
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story in this book is told through a combination of the main character's first-person account of the happenings, and a series of letters between her and her sister, Sid.

It's definitely quick and fun, and has moments of pure hilarity, and goes off as you would expect. The letters going viral on the internet happens about two-thirds of the way through the book; kind of odd for the main "bad thing" to happen so late. (But it wouldn't have worked if it had happened earlier.) This also reads lik
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! Not only is it an entertaining page-turner, but it is full of insights on being a parent, sister, partner and friend in our modern day world. It explores the range of experiences of being a young mom and wife--from the cringeworthy to the hilarious to the heartwarming -- with honesty and humor. And it will make you want to hug your sister (and your spouse, for that matter) if you're lucky enough to have one. It might make you want to start a letter-writing ritual too -- I kno ...more
Lee
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It captured my attention from the start, and I couldn't put it down. Two sisters living across the world from each other decide to start letter writing. There are heartfelt moments in the story and funny adventures throughout. It's amazing to me how drawn into the sister's lives I got. They are dealing with things with their marriages and children, and trying to work it all out through their letters. It's great how close they are and how they tell all in the letters. But then ...more
Linda
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Linda by: The Blade - written by native Toledoan
Two Ohio-native sisters decide to bridge the geographic gap, one lives in NYC and the other in Singapore, by deciding, one Christmas, to keep in touch via snail mail. They hope to become closer and re-learn what the sister is about.
Cassie, the New Yorker, decides to keep copies for her posterity by scanning the letters (both those she sends and those she receives) onto her computer.
Since the bulk of the book is told from Cassie's perspective the reader is presented with a microcosm of New Yorker
Peggy
NOTE: Received as an ARC from Netgalley.

I remember the fun of having pen pals as a kid and the excitement of getting letters in the mail. The author captured this feeling well, although I would have liked more about the pleasures of beautiful stationery, pens, and stationery stores (one of my weaknesses).

I love epistolary novels and enjoyed this one, but felt everything was wrapped up a bit too neatly, like a letter in a envelope.
Kate
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The characters are relatable and the story line is unique. The author made the act of writing letters to keep in touch seem realistic and fun. I found myself always rooting for both sisters through their mistakes and struggles. I wish there was a sequel to see how the next chapter unfolds for them. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
Els
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
After reading this book I still wonder about a lot of things. I do think there was an important thing that was not mentioned in the story and because of that a big part of it is not possible. Or am I wrong?
I also think that you do not discuss those issues in a letter to a sister who lives miles away from you and you have to wait a long time before you get an answer back. I would say you wanted to offload right away and get some feedback.
It was all a bit to fake to me. I do understand that Cassi
Michelle
Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and NAL in exchange for an unbiased review.

Sisters Cassie and Sid Sunday have lost touch in the past 17 years. Sure, they see each other every year for Christmas, but with Sid in Singapore and totally not into the internet at all, it’s been hard. Especially since Cassie is a total internet junkie.

On Christmas Eve, they make a pact to stay in touch the old-fashioned way – through handwritten letters. But of course, it all goes wrong, becau
Vava
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Let me start off by saying that it’s a joy to read a book about sisters who genuinely like each other. No sibling rivalry, just pure sisterly love and support.

Cassie used to be a writer/editor but is now a stay at home mom to her twin 3 year old boys. She spends her downtime logged on Facebook. Sid is the less social media savvy sister, she lives in Singapore with her husband and two kids.

On Christmas eve, as is customary for their family, they meet up at their grandparents house. While there,
  • The One That Got Away
  • My Mrs. Brown
  • Summer at Hideaway Key
  • Dear Carolina
  • Second Chance Friends
  • Will You Won't You Want Me?
  • All of Us and Everything
  • Meternity
  • By the Numbers
  • The Choices We Make
  • Bedside Manners (The Breakup Doctor, #2)
  • Guarded (May Hollow Trilogy, Book #2)
  • Snarky in the Suburbs Trouble in Texas
  • Confederates Don't Wear Couture (Pilgrims, #2)
  • The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw: One Woman's Fight to Save the World's Most Beautiful Bird
  • The Balance Project
  • Losing the Light
  • The Decent Proposal
Lisa traded her corporate communications career for fiction writing when she moved from New York to Singapore with her husband and children. Born and raised in Toledo, Ohio, Lisa has a journalism degree from Ohio University and has lived and worked in Cleveland, Honolulu, and New York City. When she’s not reading or writing, Lisa is sharpening her toad-catching, Lego-building, and deep-breathing s ...more
More about Lisa Beazley

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • Just a Drop of Water
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Enemy Women
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
  • I Know This Much Is True
    $11.73 $2.99
  • Go Set a Watchman (To Kill a Mockingbird, #2)
    $10.76 $2.99
  • Before I Let You Go
    $10.00 $2.99
  • I'll Be Your Blue Sky
    $13.00 $2.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
  • The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street: A Novel
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secrets of Nanreath Hall
    $11.74 $1.99
“There's a bond that forms over a sink, where the silences seem natural and the conversation is broken up with practical exchanges about where the dishes go or what kind of detergent works best.” 0 likes
“I remember my professor saying "Walk merrily to your execution." I always thought of that line when I did something stupid. Just love with the consequences of your actions and try to make the best of the situation.” 0 likes