Start by marking “The Blacklist Vol 1: The Gambler” as Want to Read:
The Blacklist Vol 1: The Gambler

The Blacklist Vol 1: The Gambler

(The Blacklist #1-5)

The Gambler. Collecting together the first five issue story arc of the comic and introducing a brand new villain, created exclusively for the comic by the writers of the TV show.

Someone is targeting the FBI with a series of planned attacks including framing them for the murder of a leading political activist. Red at first suspects that a dangerous, media-manipulating B
Published April 5th 2016 by Titan Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Blacklist Vol 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blacklist Vol 1

Start your review of The Blacklist Vol 1: The Gambler
Dαɴιjα

I was a few years late to The Blacklist party. The only reason I joined it was Raymond Reddington. He kept drawing my attention until it got to a point I had to find out who he was. The Blacklist was never just background noise again.

My enthusiasm for the show has waned since then for numerous reasons, but I started off loving it. It was entertaining... Well, Reddington was. So when I found out about the graphic novels, I knew exactly what my next book order would be.

Both Blacklist graphic novels are like episodes of th
Tom
Oct 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I got this in my monthly Comic Bento box. It wasn't bad, what with the writer being someone who actually works on the show, but since I've only seen one episode, I think I may have enjoyed it more if I was a fan of the show. As it is, the Red character struck me now as it did when I watched the pilot on Netflix: a suave, urbane, supersmart criminal type with the taste for the finer things, and who has a young FBI agent fresh out of the academy as a weakness but also gives advice to the Bureau to ...more
Wilde Sky
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A criminal helps the FBI in this graphic short story.

Some of the characters were good, but overall the plot was a bit too far-fetched for me and the action / dialogue didn't really grab me.
Amanda Thompson
Originally posted on To Read or Not to Read?
NEW FAVORITE ALERT, BOOK DRAGONS
PG-13 for action/violence, moderate language
Recommend to fans of The Blacklist.
description NBC
First off, Titan Comics is freaking AMAZING, you guys. The artwork here is incredible. Lobel has obviously taken great pains to capture the exact features of the characters and the effect is absolutely breathtaking. So many of their most recognizable exlanguage
DRAGONS
Read?
NEW
tony dillard jr
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

There comes a line in every couple's marriage which can never be crossed. For my wife, it's being a fan of James Spader. I can like him but I'm not allow to watch anything with him in it. Okay, I can, but my wife doesn't want to watch it with me or even be in the same house if he's on the telly. For some reason, he gives my wife the heebie-jeebies.

Thus, I've never seen an episode of the Blacklist.

So how did I come across this book? Ironically, you can blame my wife for that! I got a Comic Bent
Mark Short
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read. Characters as on the television programme. Nice pacing although sometimes the likenesses aren't exact.
Christine
Jul 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own-it, adult
DNF
K. Rezaiezadeh
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Some of the characters are infuriatingly stupid...but it's got Red in it. Red is the reason to watch the show, and that presence translates just as well over to this comic book.
Phil
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Blacklist is based on the NBC TV show, and was included in the September 2016 Comic Bento box. I've never seen the show, which is a crime drama. It actually worked really well in the graphic novel format.

This is a brand new story that takes place within the show's setting. The cool thing about it is that one of the writers from the show worked on this book. These lend strength to the book because it isn't just a rehash of the show and it is able to draw on the knowledge of the cr
Joshua
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
The artwork could've been a lot cleaner. Some of the faces look mangled and didn't look like the TV characters at all even though that's what they were shooting for. Storyline was still really good and had fun reading it.
Amy
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not being used to reading comic books, I found this a little confusing to follow at times, but overall I really enjoyed it. I like how they introduced a new Blacklister, adding to the enjoyment of the tv show.
Alistair Pyke
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Has the feel of the show perfectly.
Maranda
Aug 03, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5
BooksByDano
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, read-in-2017

If you love the TV series like I do; you will love this comic. It is set out the same way, and the characters are drawn to look like their TV Characters.
Jayla
Loved this! The characters were portrayed perfectly and acted (and looked) just like how they would in the tv show. Definitely recommend for all Blacklist fans.
Rook
Nov 11, 2017
Aliva
Nov 10, 2019
Sita
rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2016
Dec 21, 2016
Alain Burrese
Oct 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Giver Quartet (The Giver #1-4)
  • The Divergent Library: Divergent; Insurgent; Allegiant; Four: The Transfer, The Initiate, The Son, and The Traitor
  • Oliver Twist
  • The Hunger Games and Philosophy: A Critique of Pure Treason
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Blood and Sand (Midnight Library)
  • Kill Me If You Can
  • Star Wars: Shattered Empire
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 1: Vader
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 2: Shadows and Secrets
  • Fathom Blue: Volume 1

The Blacklist (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Blacklist #1 (The Blacklist #1)
  • The Blacklist #2 (The Blacklist #2)
  • The Blacklist #3 (The Blacklist #3)
  • The Blacklist #4 (The Blacklist, #4)
  • The Blacklist #5 (The Blacklist, #5)
  • The Blacklist, Volume 2: The Arsonist