Start by marking “Blood of the Queen (Orc Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood of the Queen (Orc Saga, #2)

Blood of the Queen

(Orc Saga #2)

Less Beauty and the Beast and more Tolkien, this second Orc Saga adventure will force Arianna and Bolthorn to overcome their greatest fears, with the life of their unborn child and the safety of their world hanging in the balance.

Princess Arianna never wanted to return to her human kingdom of Gautar. Not after she helped murder her abusive father to escape. Not since the o
Published October 20th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

Celestine
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Amalia Dillin’s second entry to the Orc Saga is the beginning of an odyssey. In the manner of an odyssey, Arianna’s and Bolthorn’s journey is at turns plagued and enriched by altering fortunes. Dillin weaves the tale of a young woman’s perilous trek where the early dangers she confronts have her cowering in fear, yet she ultimately embraces her power and primacy. Arianna’s pillar of strength is her husband, and the romance of this book centers around their everlasting and expanding bond. They te ...more
Brekke
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy fans, Adventure Lovers,
Recommended to Brekke by: Amalia Dillin
I reviewed "Honor Among Orcs" the first book in the Orc Saga, last year, so being able to be an early reader for "Blood of the Queen" was equally exciting. I will strive to make my review as spoiler free as possible from both books, but understand that a few details from book one are likely to slip into the review.

The second part of Arianna & Boltthorn's tale begins not terribly long after the first ended. We find our intrepid duo recovering from the harrowing ending of "Honor" & trying
Rebecca
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I loved this one just as much, if not better than the first one. Seriously, though, if you like fantasy, a touch of romance, political intrigue, magic, any of the above combined with engaging writing and complex, interesting, and likable characters in a well-developed world you must read this series. I'm so glad I had a chance to read this advance copy. A more complete review will be coming on our Booksellers Without Borders NY blog soon, but do yourself a favor and read Honor Among Orcs if you ...more
Karen
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This sequel had a bit of a slow start but once I got into it, I couldn't put it down!! Bolthorn remains the awesomest and Arianna finally BECOMES awesome... which was nice because I kinda wanted to slap her a few times. But where is the next one? I need it now please. K thanks.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. But I also bought it anyway.

... More Bolthorn? <3
Coyora Dokusho
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Eh, I liked it! There was this part where the two leads' thinking was in such perfect parallel that it was adorable!! XD The characters were interesting, the world-building was pretty good, the plot flowed, I'm definitely going to read the next book!
Lora Shouse
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this second book of the Orc Saga, Arianna and Bolthorn return to Gautar looking for Bolthorn’s brother Bolvarr and his cousin Hrimnir who had gone there seeking information and failed to return.

Much is made of their connection with the brook horse, Isolfur, on whom they depend to accomplish their goals quickly. The brook horse appears to be similar to the water horse whose story is told in Outlander, except that the brook horse assumes the shape of an actual horse on land and can turn into a
Brittany
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
So, you're looking for an adventure? Why not add romance, and intrigue? Throw in a bit of magic, and clashing of steel and you'll soon be invested in the world Dillin creates. I was pleasantly surprised to find that BLOOD OF THE QUEEN began right where HONOR AMONG ORCS left off.

Following the discord that was left in Vanadis's wake, Arianna is left feeling that she has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Make no mistake, she is no wilting flower. I liked the character progression of Ariann
Rick Cook
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amalia Dillin continues to impress with her romantic fantasy.

The human Arianna, as a character, truly comes into her own during this second book in the Orc Saga. She is a well-developed main character who is passionate but often ineffectual at doing what is best or what is right. She questions her every step, every decision, until she learns to stop worrying and start acting in her best interests.

She and Bolthorn (her orc husband and clan chief to his people) must ride into danger to save not on
Diana Paz
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A gorgeous sequel to Honor Among Orcs. Fans of the series will already be familiar with the Amalia Dillin's fresh take on Orc lore, and they won't be disappointed in continuing Arianna and Bolthorn's journey. A fantasy with romantic elements, this established couple face threats and danger together, and make difficult choices (without spoiling too much) with implications across both of their nations. My favorite part is that we learn a lot more about the incredible brook horse, Isolfur, who stil ...more
JustJoi
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally finished Blood of the Queen. The sequel retains its mystery that even surpasses the first one. The revelations unfold is a surprise I didn't saw coming and surely give the third book a wide area to explore. I can't wait to find out what will become of Arianna and Bolthorn. I hope they will come victorious and have their love, peace, and happiness.

Amalia Dillin's Orc Saga continues to intrigue and immerse me with her wit and deep writing. The creativity shown in every chapter will make y
Emi
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Getting to dive back into the Orc World with Arianna and Bolthorn was so wonderful! This book kept me hooked and guessing from beginning to end (and on the edge of my seat in some parts!) It was a great second book to Honor Among Orcs full of adventure and romance. I would love to know more about Arianna's horse, Isolfur and the backstory to that. Overall, a wonderful sequel and great story in general!
Nancie
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series!

Just finished this second book and it is just wonderful! The story of Arianna and Bolthorn continues and is truly epic. The rest of the characters in this story are magical and I can't wait to see the next book!
Tabbycatz
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great part two and I am not clamoring for part 3! Wonderful Indie author worth a read.
loni
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this all day

Another great installment of the Orc saga. I am very curious to know where the plot will take us next.
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
the first book was utterly amazing and this one was very good as well, but I do have one complaint: there is absolutely no resolution atvthe end of this book like there was in book 1 instead it just stops like she wrote a super long bok and then cut it in half and gave us the first portion.
Julie Bird
Oct 24, 2015 rated it liked it
this suffered the middle trilogy syndrome for me. Still good, just didn't move the story forward enough and spent too much time re-hashing the same feelings of guilt, insecurity, etc.
hopefully the third book will bring it back to its original intensity and creativity.
Kati
Mar 25, 2019
fishgill
Nov 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hold Me (Life After the Outbreak #3)
  • Love and Decay Omnibus: Season One (Love and Decay, #1-12)
  • Chasing Shadows (The Underground #4)
  • Crescent Moon (Phoebe Harkness, #2)
  • Cowboy from the Future
  • Forged By Fire (Dragon Temple Saga, #3)
  • The Isadora Interviews (The Network Series, #1.5)
  • Soul Ink (Grimm Agency, #1.5)
  • Carniepunk: Daughter of the Midway, the Mermaid, and the Open, Lonely Sea
  • The Union
  • Daughter of a Thousand Years
  • The Flight of the Griffin (The Flight of the Griffin, #1)
  • Magic 101 (A Diana Tregarde Investigation Boxset)
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • Princess Ahira
  • The Angelfall Trilogy (Penryn & the End of Days, #1-3)
Amalia Dillin began as a Biology major before taking Latin and falling in love with old heroes and older gods. After that, she couldn't stop writing about them, with the occasional break for more contemporary subjects. She lives in upstate New York with her husband, and dreams of the day when she will own goats--to pull her chariot through the sky, of course.

Amalia is the author of the Fate of th

Orc Saga (2 books)
  • Honor Among Orcs (Orc Saga, #1)
“Told so repeatedly that we were worthless, we could not see the truth until we looked into each other's eyes.” 1 likes
“If we're to have any peace, we must keep faith.” 0 likes